Anime Hunter X Hunter New Anime Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Netero

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 18, 2011
Messages
737
Reaction score
583
Gender
Male
Country
United States
The new character designs looks great! and Franklin, and Bonolenov actually look cool now. (I hated their designs in the old anime). I also like the color choices for Phinks, Shalnark, and Pakunoda.

Feitan! just looks straight up BOSS! :hip
 

kindredxiuxiu

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 13, 2012
Messages
2,153
Reaction score
1,186
Gender
Female
Country
United States
I'm actually liking the designs for the GR. July 22nd can't come soon enough! I haven't seen the 99 anime, but read the manga up to the current hiatus, so I don't have that to base these designs off of.
 

mrsticky005

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2011
Messages
2,106
Reaction score
1,585
Gender
Male
Country
United States
thoughts on Phantom Troupe 2011 design...

Bonoloneov--Mummy look fits him better than...whatever the 99 version/early manga was.
Still props to the 99 for following the manga there. But I'm glad to have the newer design here.

Franklin--Looks good. About the same as the 99 version from what I remember

Shizuku--Looks good. Again not too different from the 99 version. Except the bracelets are more noticeable.

Feitan--Black hair is less distracting than the blue hair and while the troupe is meant to be theatric I think the blue hair takes away from his bandit outfit a little. Looks boss as ever.

Phinx--Badass blonde. Phinx was sorta plain looking in the 99 version. The blonde adds some needed flair to his style.

Machi--Pretty in pink.

Hisoka--in the 99 he lacks the arm bracelets...does the manga have these?
Well Hisoka looks cool. But then again it's Hisoka so he always looks fabulous.

Coltopi--looks cool

Pakunoda---SEXY! :hip By far my favorite redesign. Love the orange blonde hair.
The colors on the suit are nice. She looks like an exotic beauty now instead of a
plain jane with big knockers and no sense of shame...Not that is a problem. :derp

Shalnark--A little bit more interesting than the 99 version. Though he could fit right into
Greed Island.

Uvogin--Cool.

Nobunaga- Looks good. Anyone else think this theme song "Iaido Lunatic" is awesome?

Chrollo--Looks close to the 99 version though the close up is different (as with the others)
I just hope they don't overdo it with the bishounen look and remember to give him that
slight creepiness. One thing I really like about the redesign is the gray eyes.



..............


Kurapika---Good. Wonder if we'll ever see his earrings?


Melody--Cabbage patch kid?

Basho--Cool

Baise--Looking good. Hope they can get the close ups done right because she kinda
looked weird during close ups in the 99 version. It was like you can tell she's supposed
to be sexy...but it was just weird and it was like...No thank you.

Lin---When did he become so tall? Looks cool for a dude that's hardly ever there.

Shachmono Torino--Hooray for color change on his outfit. The pink and purple in the 99
didn't fit him. I hope in the close ups they maintain his ovalish head shape as the manga
has it and they don't shorten it like the 99...it didn't look right. Looks really low key.

Squalla--I think he's pissed off that he got cut off. :teehee Squalla looks cool
 

Crude

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 16, 2007
Messages
2,698
Reaction score
693
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
^ From what we've seen of the current anime's Chrollo it looks like a touch of creepiness is what Madhouse is going for.

 

futurefrog

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 4, 2012
Messages
1,023
Reaction score
999
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
The Troupe looks great! But guys guys guys! Gon vs Hisoka is TODAY!
 

Netero

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 18, 2011
Messages
737
Reaction score
583
Gender
Male
Country
United States
The Troupe looks great! But guys guys guys! Gon vs Hisoka is TODAY!
I KNOWWW! After watching an epic dose of the Legend of Korra earlier today, now! I'm getting pumped up for some epic HUNTER x HUNTER tonight... Gon vs Hisoka... ohh how I've been waiting! for this!
 

mrsticky005

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2011
Messages
2,106
Reaction score
1,585
Gender
Male
Country
United States
^ From what we've seen of the current anime's Chrollo it looks like a touch of creepiness is what Madhouse is going for.

True. I just hope they can maintain that vibe.

You can see his earrings in this picture.
Totally forgot about that. Though I hope they show it in the show too. Perhaps during the Flesh Collector's Mansion?

The Troupe looks great! But guys guys guys! Gon vs Hisoka is TODAY!
I WISH IT WAS NOW! XD

Ain't gonna lie. I AM PUMPED UP FOR THIS!

I KNOWWW! After watching an epic dose of the Legend of Korra earlier today, now! I'm getting pumped up for some epic HUNTER x HUNTER tonight... Gon vs Hisoka... ohh how I've been waiting! for this!
Awesome dude, you watch LOK too? Episode 10 was actually leaked today. It was cool.

but seriously folks

LET'S GET READDDDDDDDDDY TO RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRUMBLE!
 

futurefrog

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 4, 2012
Messages
1,023
Reaction score
999
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Man I am absolutely buzzing, this is the fight I wanted to see Madhouse animate since day one. We had to wait 2 weeks to see it, but it is finally here. HISOKA VS GON! I'm still desperately holding out hope that they will suprise us with a double episode, though I know it won't be cause it wasn't advertised as one. But damn... GON VS HISOKA FFFFFFFFFFFF YESSS!! Okay I'm done fangasming haha.
 

kindredxiuxiu

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 13, 2012
Messages
2,153
Reaction score
1,186
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Oh man, I'm so stoked for this fight! The wait has been way too long! GON VS HISOKA. Though I doubt it'll be a double episode. :<
 

Salce

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 2, 2008
Messages
324
Reaction score
338
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
OMG! I watched it with KeyholeTV, and the fight was amazing!

Almost all the chapter was about hatsu. Just the last 5 minutes were Gon vs Hisoka, but that was enough to adapt chapter 61, with amazing animation.
They didn't put in anything of chapter 62 though, it ended here:
http://www.batoto.net/read/_/20606/hunter-x-hunter_ch61_by_no-group/20

ROFL


 
Last edited:

Netero

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 18, 2011
Messages
737
Reaction score
583
Gender
Male
Country
United States
^HAHAHA, omg.... Gon and Killua.... WOW... I can't wait to watch this :D
 

kindredxiuxiu

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 13, 2012
Messages
2,153
Reaction score
1,186
Gender
Female
Country
United States
^^OH GOD. Hahahaha! I need to see this.

Awww. Poor Zushi. And lots of Hisoka fanservice.

More Gon vs Hisoka next week! Then Whale Island. :)
 
Last edited:

Netero

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 18, 2011
Messages
737
Reaction score
583
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Holy.... shit... now that... was worth the wait. The hatsu training was very good, and I really like the part where Gon breaks the glass. Okay, now for the fight... it was terrific! and the animation was GODLIKE yo! and Hisoka's shining crotch! :teehee

Gon's punch was the highlight of the episode for me, and then after the epic punch connected... the ending music played... I need to see the rest of the fight NOAW!!

I'm totally going all fanboy right now :zomg
11/10
 
Last edited:

mrsticky005

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2011
Messages
2,106
Reaction score
1,585
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Ok I just am going to say that Hisoka's lack of attire while talking on the phone was completely unnecessary. But hey, Biscuit needs her fan service don't she? ;)

BUT DAMN THAT FIGHT.

That was the most entertaining fight since...HELL GON VS HISOKA! XD

One thing I was super happy about...they included Gon's diversion from the manga.
 

Uriel

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 11, 2007
Messages
6,406
Reaction score
4,075
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I GIGGLED THE WHOLE SECOND PART!
I honestly thought they would censor the shining crotch. And then I saw this.

And this seemed naive lol.

SO AWESOME.

I just can't stop giggling. It was so intense I couldn't sneak a word. My feelings, as well.
 

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 3, 2006
Messages
3,930
Reaction score
5,624
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Holy shit that was amazing.

What did it for me wasn't the animation, nor was it the direction. No. It was the sound, or lack of it. That jet engine sound for the first part of their fight, and then playing just the right song 'Hashire' for the panel flip....then the silence again, even going up to muffling the crowd's cheers right after the punch. The ending song was also perfectly placed, (and even more awesome after watching this.) Madhouse knows sound direction, and they're not afraid to flaunt it. I'm sorry everyone, in the match between Nippon Animation and Madhouse's anime adaptation (for at least this fight), Madhouse wins. Fatality.

Also the 'shwinnnng' SFX for Hisoka's boner was awesome, though I really liked Viz's 'Shazooom'. It was hilarious and a little creepy to have Killua and Gon do it in the omake section, TOWARDS each other.
 

Netero

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 18, 2011
Messages
737
Reaction score
583
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Madhouse went in and proved! to everyone that they know how to animate these fights! ^ and dat Hisoka ass! :3c
 

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 3, 2006
Messages
3,930
Reaction score
5,624
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
I just 'shazoomed' thinking about the Uvogin fight, and some of the ants fights with this godly animation. XD Also while I didn't need to see Naked Hisoka, it proves that some of people's worries about censorship were off base. (At least sorta.)
 

kindredxiuxiu

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 13, 2012
Messages
2,153
Reaction score
1,186
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Dat ass. Now I can't wait for Hisoka's Greed Island scenes. :teehee

But in all seriousness, huge props to Madhouse. They're doing an excellent job with this. I agree, the sound direction was superb this episode.

^With this lack of censorship lately I have faith for Yorkshin. Unless Japan has certain guidelines for bloody violence on TV over sexual innuendos and whatnot.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top