Hasa Diga Eebowai

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,183
Reaction score
30,233
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: Is a hippopotamus a hippopotamus or just a really cool opotamus?

She's not watching Sakamichi no Apollon I know....because she's a poopface :yelling
 

Drakno

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 12, 2007
Messages
1,583
Reaction score
60
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Greece
Re: Is a hippopotamus a hippopotamus or just a really cool opotamus?

@Drakkun - Too many links! @_@ If you narrow it down to a couple of "essential" clips, I might be more inclined to actually check it out. :p
Fine

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfgKb7qjd2Q
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csPPqdbcVwM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xB-ts6bBLWU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4i69rY0dHU&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pHtMAqnUbU

trimmed down to 5 out of 25 (and 2 of them are only 10 secs long or less)
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,183
Reaction score
30,233
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: Is a hippopotamus a hippopotamus or just a really cool opotamus?

And there's an accidental adult internet fandom over THAT?! :faint
 

Drakno

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 12, 2007
Messages
1,583
Reaction score
60
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Greece
Re: Is a hippopotamus a hippopotamus or just a really cool opotamus?

well other people like the show for other reasons but for me everything I like is almost always about the comedy and the series is filled with looney toons humor and references
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,183
Reaction score
30,233
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: Is a hippopotamus a hippopotamus or just a really cool opotamus?

well other people like the show for other reasons but for me everything I like is almost always about the comedy and the series is filled with looney toons humor and references
You mean like gross reasons, or?

And why not just watch Looney Tunes :cookiehand
 

Drakno

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 12, 2007
Messages
1,583
Reaction score
60
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Greece
Re: Is a hippopotamus a hippopotamus or just a really cool opotamus?

No, not gross reasons (though as with everything the internet has ever touched theres r34 of it) just liking the characters or the plot, the eastern eggs and the fanon being very active (I have seen quite a few great fan made comics in the last few months)... Can't really explain what's good about it well but I can't really deny the fact that so far everyone from my irl friends I suggested it to and watched the show liked it so I decided to stop trying to explain it.

Also I watch looney toons every Saturday with my youngest sister anyway so your argument is invalid (I have also seen all episodes of darkwing duck and the mask twice this year alone)
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,183
Reaction score
30,233
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: Is a hippopotamus a hippopotamus or just a really cool opotamus?

Okay...but I'm saying it seems pretty childish. Which would make sense :cookiehand

I guess I'm saying the fandom is lost on me is all :sweat
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: Is a hippopotamus a hippopotamus or just a really cool opotamus?

She's not watching Sakamichi no Apollon I know....because she's a poopface :yelling
DEALBREAKER!!! :sexyarf
 

igotthegoods

The Giggs
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 2, 2007
Messages
6,515
Reaction score
4,187
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Is a hippopotamus a hippopotamus or just a really cool opotamus?

No worries.

Was it a long day today or just hard work? I've been good, just doing the last few weeks work for tbe Olympics,so it's all a bit stressed at work.

What new shows/anime you watching now?
Yesterday was a very long day. I work completely alone on Sundays and it's sooooo boring. It's our slowest day of the week, so it's easy money, but the day drags so badly. 8 hours feels like 16 when you don't have anybody to talk to. :foreveralone

I'm sure the Olympics are going to be crazy! Hope everything is going well! Try not to get too stressed. :hug I was a little bit sad that Chicago didn't win the 2016 Olympics, but I was also glad because I knew how nuts this place would be during the games. I'm sure getting anywhere during that time would be difficult.

Edit: Oops, almost forgot to mention new shows! I'm currently watching Breaking Bad on Netflix. Not a comedy (although there are some funny moments here and there), but a really great show. Have you heard of it?

I haven't watched any anime in ages... probably over a year. :sweat

She's not watching Sakamichi no Apollon I know....because she's a poopface :yelling
LOVE YOU, TOO! :lovebunny

:derp

Thank you! I will watch them later. Right now, I think I already need a nap. I went running this morning and exhausted myself. :sweat

DEALBREAKER!!! :sexyarf
Huhwhat? :pout

---------- Post added at 09:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:35 PM ----------

And there's an accidental adult internet fandom over THAT?! :faint
Ok, so I watched those MLP clips..... and I have to say that I agree with Gary here. Sorry, Drakkun. I don't really get it either. :x
 
Last edited:

Drakno

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 12, 2007
Messages
1,583
Reaction score
60
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Greece
Re: Is a hippopotamus a hippopotamus or just a really cool opotamus?

Oh come on, these are some of my favorite jokes, one of them was even a solid snake reference, how could you not have found these funny?
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,183
Reaction score
30,233
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: Is a hippopotamus a hippopotamus or just a really cool opotamus?

It's too schmaltzy. You can tell the intended audience is for kids, no effort is made to even be subliminally funny in an adult way.

Whereas, if you watch old Looney Toons, or something like Tom & Jerry it simply transcends age-ranges. In fact a lot of it is pretty violent and the type of thing cartoons these days just aren't.
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: Is a hippopotamus a hippopotamus or just a really cool opotamus?

Yesterday was a very long day. I work completely alone on Sundays and it's sooooo boring. It's our slowest day of the week, so it's easy money, but the day drags so badly. 8 hours feels like 16 when you don't have anybody to talk to. :foreveralone
I'm working in the room next door alone today cos my boss is outta town, which makes things quite slow too; as I tend to ask a bunch a question. Working Sundays sucks :s but not working Monday is the silver lining there :amuse

I'm sure the Olympics are going to be crazy! Hope everything is going well! Try not to get too stressed. :hug I was a little bit sad that Chicago didn't win the 2016 Olympics, but I was also glad because I knew how nuts this place would be during the games. I'm sure getting anywhere during that time would be difficult.
Yeah I'll try not threaten any callers or send out offensive replies by email :bored It should be pretty straightfordward here on out, as we got the rest of the dates for pass collection and have contacted everyone working, so it's just a matter of booking people in for the time slots and me finishing booking the shifts(which is proving to be SUCH a drag and a monumental task; as there are over 2000 shifts :faint)

Edit: Oops, almost forgot to mention new shows! I'm currently watching Breaking Bad on Netflix. Not a comedy (although there are some funny moments here and there), but a really great show. Have you heard of it?
Yes, I've heard of Breaking Bad. Unfortunately, I've not had time to watch much of what I already have; I started FMA the other day(finally).....but fell asleep :XD so hopefully I can get some sort of marathon going this weekend, IF I'm off lol.

I haven't watched any anime in ages... probably over a year. :sweat
Yes but this is Sakamichi isn't just another anime though :x3 and why so long?

Not watching Sakamichi is a deal breaker; what's the deal? I dunno, but you're breaking it :crying
 

Drakno

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 12, 2007
Messages
1,583
Reaction score
60
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Greece
Re: Is a hippopotamus a hippopotamus or just a really cool opotamus?

It's too schmaltzy. You can tell the intended audience is for kids, no effort is made to even be subliminally funny in an adult way.

Whereas, if you watch old Looney Toons, or something like Tom & Jerry it simply transcends age-ranges. In fact a lot of it is pretty violent and the type of thing cartoons these days just aren't.
So far I have noticed a David Bowie reference (diamond dogs), a big lebowski reference, 3 different characters based on different forms of doctor who and an entire Darkwing Duck episode (a series I grew up with) from the top of my head (as well as 3 alcholol jokes including a spiked drink one), there's comedy for the adults to appreciate as well but what really pulled me into the show is that all of it's comedy is really really good, same reason I loved lucky star, there wouldn't be an episode I wouldn't laugh every 4-5 minutes (with the exeption of the pilot first 2 episodes, I can't stress how bad they are enough)
 

igotthegoods

The Giggs
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 2, 2007
Messages
6,515
Reaction score
4,187
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Is a hippopotamus a hippopotamus or just a really cool opotamus?

Oh come on, these are some of my favorite jokes, one of them was even a solid snake reference, how could you not have found these funny?
Maybe I missed the references? Sorry. :sweat And I basically agree with what Gary said. It just doesn't feel like adult humor to me from those clips.

I'm working in the room next door alone today cos my boss is outta town, which makes things quite slow too; as I tend to ask a bunch a question. Working Sundays sucks :s but not working Monday is the silver lining there :amuse
Yeah, being off on Mondays is great. It's the busiest and most hectic day of the week in any pharmacy because all the problems from the weekend carry over until Monday when doctor offices reopen. I'm really glad that I never have to work them.

goldb said:
Yeah I'll try not threaten any callers or send out offensive replies by email :bored It should be pretty straightfordward here on out, as we got the rest of the dates for pass collection and have contacted everyone working, so it's just a matter of booking people in for the time slots and me finishing booking the shifts(which is proving to be SUCH a drag and a monumental task; as there are over 2000 shifts :faint)
Oh my! Good luck! :cheerbunny

goldb said:
Yes, I've heard of Breaking Bad. Unfortunately, I've not had time to watch much of what I already have; I started FMA the other day(finally).....but fell asleep :XD so hopefully I can get some sort of marathon going this weekend, IF I'm off lol.
It's a solid show. Whenever you have time in your schedule to pick up a new dramatic series, I would highly recommend it.

I can't believe you fell asleep during FMA. :gwah Which one was it? The original or brotherhood?

goldb said:
Yes but this is Sakamichi isn't just another anime though :x3 and why so long?

Not watching Sakamichi is a deal breaker; what's the deal? I dunno, but you're breaking it :crying
I know, I know. I'm sorry, but it's just not happening right now. :( I mostly haven't been watching anime because I know that I'll never finish any series that I start. It's so time-consuming and I've just totally gotten out of the rhythm of watching.

And sorry I broke whatever this deal is. I didn't mean to. :crying
 

Drakno

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 12, 2007
Messages
1,583
Reaction score
60
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Greece
Re: Is a hippopotamus a hippopotamus or just a really cool opotamus?

Fine, I'll try one last thing, this time instead of the humour I will aproach this from a plot point of view, here's a fan made trailer from scenes and dialogues of the show, for me comedy is always No1 as you know but I can appreciate other elements of entertainment so here's something that might fit your taste a bit more http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrTBgTCs-Ew&list=FLhkqqQM-ZTygphbvw9ZIUKw&index=3&feature=plpp_video
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
Re: Is a hippopotamus a hippopotamus or just a really cool opotamus?

goodsy baachan! :blai
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: Is a hippopotamus a hippopotamus or just a really cool opotamus?

It's a solid show. Whenever you have time in your schedule to pick up a new dramatic series, I would highly recommend it.

I can't believe you fell asleep during FMA. :gwah Which one was it? The original or brotherhood?
Cool, I'll add it to my list :nod

I know, I can't believe I fell asleep watching an anime. Though in my defence, I was tired from work and just sleepy as well; considering it was just before midnight :iik

I know, I know. I'm sorry, but it's just not happening right now. :( I mostly haven't been watching anime because I know that I'll never finish any series that I start. It's so time-consuming and I've just totally gotten out of the rhythm of watching.

And sorry I broke whatever this deal is. I didn't mean to. :crying
Not Sakamichi, I swear you'll love it; it's just a dozen or so episodes. Just find the time, but I warn you, you'll get hooked :wtf
 

igotthegoods

The Giggs
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 2, 2007
Messages
6,515
Reaction score
4,187
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Is a hippopotamus a hippopotamus or just a really cool opotamus?

Fine, I'll try one last thing, this time instead of the humour I will aproach this from a plot point of view, here's a fan made trailer from scenes and dialogues of the show, for me comedy is always No1 as you know but I can appreciate other elements of entertainment so here's something that might fit your taste a bit more http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrTBgTCs-Ew&list=FLhkqqQM-ZTygphbvw9ZIUKw&index=3&feature=plpp_video
Well, that was cheesy and somewhat entertaining. I must say that the editing was actually really good. I'm not sure it convinced me to join up with the bronies, though. :p

Cool, I'll add it to my list :nod
:thumbs

goldb said:
I know, I can't believe I fell asleep watching an anime. Though in my defence, I was tired from work and just sleepy as well; considering it was just before midnight :iik
:darn

Well, it happens. I generally don't fall asleep watching TV or movies, but it has happened before... only when I'm super, mega exhausted, though. I'm much more likely to realize I'm too tired to watch anything and just turn off the TV and head over to my bed, where I can really relax.

goldb said:
Not Sakamichi, I swear you'll love it; it's just a dozen or so episodes. Just find the time, but I warn you, you'll get hooked :wtf
Oh, I believe you. Neither you or Gary would steer me wrong. :amuse I will probably make it my next anime, but I don't know when I'll be back in the mood for it. Sorry!
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,183
Reaction score
30,233
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: Looking for the off switch

Get in the mood now :hurr
 

igotthegoods

The Giggs
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 2, 2007
Messages
6,515
Reaction score
4,187
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Looking for the off switch

Ohoho~ :hurr
 
Top