Re: Is a hippopotamus a hippopotamus or just a really cool opotamus?
She's not watching Sakamichi no Apollon I know....because she's a poopface
She's not watching Sakamichi no Apollon I know....because she's a poopface


Fine@Drakkun - Too many links! @_@ If you narrow it down to a couple of "essential" clips, I might be more inclined to actually check it out.![]()

You mean like gross reasons, or?well other people like the show for other reasons but for me everything I like is almost always about the comedy and the series is filled with looney toons humor and references



DEALBREAKER!!!She's not watching Sakamichi no Apollon I know....because she's a poopface![]()

Yesterday was a very long day. I work completely alone on Sundays and it's sooooo boring. It's our slowest day of the week, so it's easy money, but the day drags so badly. 8 hours feels like 16 when you don't have anybody to talk to.No worries.
Was it a long day today or just hard work? I've been good, just doing the last few weeks work for tbe Olympics,so it's all a bit stressed at work.
What new shows/anime you watching now?
.gif)
I was a little bit sad that Chicago didn't win the 2016 Olympics, but I was also glad because I knew how nuts this place would be during the games. I'm sure getting anywhere during that time would be difficult.
LOVE YOU, TOO!She's not watching Sakamichi no Apollon I know....because she's a poopface![]()

Thank you! I will watch them later. Right now, I think I already need a nap. I went running this morning and exhausted myself.Fine
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfgKb7qjd2Q
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csPPqdbcVwM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xB-ts6bBLWU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4i69rY0dHU&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pHtMAqnUbU
trimmed down to 5 out of 25 (and 2 of them are only 10 secs long or less)

Huhwhat?DEALBREAKER!!!![]()

Ok, so I watched those MLP clips..... and I have to say that I agree with Gary here. Sorry, Drakkun. I don't really get it either. :xAnd there's an accidental adult internet fandom over THAT?!![]()
I'm working in the room next door alone today cos my boss is outta town, which makes things quite slow too; as I tend to ask a bunch a question. Working Sundays sucksYesterday was a very long day. I work completely alone on Sundays and it's sooooo boring. It's our slowest day of the week, so it's easy money, but the day drags so badly. 8 hours feels like 16 when you don't have anybody to talk to.![]()
but not working Monday is the silver lining there 
Yeah I'll try not threaten any callers or send out offensive replies by emailI'm sure the Olympics are going to be crazy! Hope everything is going well! Try not to get too stressed.I was a little bit sad that Chicago didn't win the 2016 Olympics, but I was also glad because I knew how nuts this place would be during the games. I'm sure getting anywhere during that time would be difficult.
It should be pretty straightfordward here on out, as we got the rest of the dates for pass collection and have contacted everyone working, so it's just a matter of booking people in for the time slots and me finishing booking the shifts(which is proving to be SUCH a drag and a monumental task; as there are over 2000 shifts
)Yes, I've heard of Breaking Bad. Unfortunately, I've not had time to watch much of what I already have; I started FMA the other day(finally).....but fell asleepEdit: Oops, almost forgot to mention new shows! I'm currently watching Breaking Bad on Netflix. Not a comedy (although there are some funny moments here and there), but a really great show. Have you heard of it?
so hopefully I can get some sort of marathon going this weekend, IF I'm off lol.Yes but this is Sakamichi isn't just another anime thoughI haven't watched any anime in ages... probably over a year.![]()
and why so long?Not watching Sakamichi is a deal breaker; what's the deal? I dunno, but you're breaking itHuhwhat?![]()

So far I have noticed a David Bowie reference (diamond dogs), a big lebowski reference, 3 different characters based on different forms of doctor who and an entire Darkwing Duck episode (a series I grew up with) from the top of my head (as well as 3 alcholol jokes including a spiked drink one), there's comedy for the adults to appreciate as well but what really pulled me into the show is that all of it's comedy is really really good, same reason I loved lucky star, there wouldn't be an episode I wouldn't laugh every 4-5 minutes (with the exeption of the pilot first 2 episodes, I can't stress how bad they are enough)It's too schmaltzy. You can tell the intended audience is for kids, no effort is made to even be subliminally funny in an adult way.
Whereas, if you watch old Looney Toons, or something like Tom & Jerry it simply transcends age-ranges. In fact a lot of it is pretty violent and the type of thing cartoons these days just aren't.
Maybe I missed the references? Sorry.Oh come on, these are some of my favorite jokes, one of them was even a solid snake reference, how could you not have found these funny?
And I basically agree with what Gary said. It just doesn't feel like adult humor to me from those clips.Yeah, being off on Mondays is great. It's the busiest and most hectic day of the week in any pharmacy because all the problems from the weekend carry over until Monday when doctor offices reopen. I'm really glad that I never have to work them.I'm working in the room next door alone today cos my boss is outta town, which makes things quite slow too; as I tend to ask a bunch a question. Working Sundays sucksbut not working Monday is the silver lining there
![]()
Oh my! Good luck!goldb said:Yeah I'll try not threaten any callers or send out offensive replies by emailIt should be pretty straightfordward here on out, as we got the rest of the dates for pass collection and have contacted everyone working, so it's just a matter of booking people in for the time slots and me finishing booking the shifts(which is proving to be SUCH a drag and a monumental task; as there are over 2000 shifts
)

It's a solid show. Whenever you have time in your schedule to pick up a new dramatic series, I would highly recommend it.goldb said:Yes, I've heard of Breaking Bad. Unfortunately, I've not had time to watch much of what I already have; I started FMA the other day(finally).....but fell asleepso hopefully I can get some sort of marathon going this weekend, IF I'm off lol.
Which one was it? The original or brotherhood?I know, I know. I'm sorry, but it's just not happening right now.goldb said:Yes but this is Sakamichi isn't just another anime thoughand why so long?
Not watching Sakamichi is a deal breaker; what's the deal? I dunno, but you're breaking it![]()
I mostly haven't been watching anime because I know that I'll never finish any series that I start. It's so time-consuming and I've just totally gotten out of the rhythm of watching.

Cool, I'll add it to my listIt's a solid show. Whenever you have time in your schedule to pick up a new dramatic series, I would highly recommend it.
I can't believe you fell asleep during FMA.Which one was it? The original or brotherhood?


Not Sakamichi, I swear you'll love it; it's just a dozen or so episodes. Just find the time, but I warn you, you'll get hookedI know, I know. I'm sorry, but it's just not happening right now.I mostly haven't been watching anime because I know that I'll never finish any series that I start. It's so time-consuming and I've just totally gotten out of the rhythm of watching.
And sorry I broke whatever this deal is. I didn't mean to.![]()

Well, that was cheesy and somewhat entertaining. I must say that the editing was actually really good. I'm not sure it convinced me to join up with the bronies, though.Fine, I'll try one last thing, this time instead of the humour I will aproach this from a plot point of view, here's a fan made trailer from scenes and dialogues of the show, for me comedy is always No1 as you know but I can appreciate other elements of entertainment so here's something that might fit your taste a bit more http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrTBgTCs-Ew&list=FLhkqqQM-ZTygphbvw9ZIUKw&index=3&feature=plpp_video

Cool, I'll add it to my list![]()
goldb said:I know, I can't believe I fell asleep watching an anime. Though in my defence, I was tired from work and just sleepy as well; considering it was just before midnight![]()

Oh, I believe you. Neither you or Gary would steer me wrong.goldb said:Not Sakamichi, I swear you'll love it; it's just a dozen or so episodes. Just find the time, but I warn you, you'll get hooked![]()
I will probably make it my next anime, but I don't know when I'll be back in the mood for it. Sorry!
