Anime Hunter X Hunter New Anime Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akia999

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 25, 2012
Messages
1,095
Reaction score
905
Gender
Hidden
Country
Malaysia
New pics of the Phantom Troupe (click for bigger picture):


Pakunoda looks 100 x prettier than in the manga.
All the phantom troupe design looks amazing.:o
I guess Togash is really working closely with Madhouse on the design aspect.
Bonoleno's design looks exactly like in the manga.
And Feitan...WHY DO YOU LOOK SO AWESOME!!!
Pakunoda looks so much prettier.
The only design that will take me a while to get used would be shalnark. Still don't like the colour scheme.
 

Uriel

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 11, 2007
Messages
6,406
Reaction score
4,075
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I just realized that Franklin is fan of Zelda. <3 And for what I read, I may be the only one liking Shalnark color scheme. Fits him completely.

@Meso: Welcome. Feel free to ask me anything via PM.
 

ZonikStrike

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 25, 2011
Messages
369
Reaction score
206
Gender
Male
Country
Lithuania
And for what I read, I may be the only one liking Shalnark color scheme. Fits him completely.
I love his color scheme as well.
 

kindredxiuxiu

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 13, 2012
Messages
2,153
Reaction score
1,186
Gender
Female
Country
United States
I love his color scheme as well.
Me four!

As for my favs (in no particular order):

Machi
Bono
Feitan
Uvo
Phinks

I've seen a lot of people complain about Phinks' blonde hair. I think blonde looks better on him than brown, personally.

There aren't any designs there that I absolutely hate. Though I hope they fix up Chrollo's face. I have faith they will.
 

Salce

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 2, 2008
Messages
324
Reaction score
338
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
I really don't see the problem with Phinx hair.

I mean, it can be blond or brown. It doesn't really matter, both colors are ok.

I would understand the complaints if it was pink, orange or something like that.
 

Meso

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 11, 2012
Messages
63
Reaction score
42
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I just realized that Franklin is fan of Zelda. <3 And for what I read, I may be the only one liking Shalnark color scheme. Fits him completely.

@Meso: Welcome. Feel free to ask me anything via PM.
Ha ha thank you. :)

And I also like Shalnark's new design. It makes him stand out that much more from the troupe. He also seems like a really happy guy from what I seen. So Pink works for happiness when you think about it.
 

mrsticky005

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2011
Messages
2,106
Reaction score
1,585
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I really don't see the problem with Phinx hair.

I mean, it can be blond or brown. It doesn't really matter, both colors are ok.

I would understand the complaints if it was pink, orange or something like that.
Here's how I see it. It's the Phantom Troupe. A troupe is a group of actors. So they should have a lot of character and personality.
So the more eccentric they look. The better I think it is. Which is my main beef with the 1999 version. In a way they are too normal.
 

Salce

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 2, 2008
Messages
324
Reaction score
338
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
Here's how I see it. It's the Phantom Troupe. A troupe is a group of actors. So they should have a lot of character and personality.
So the more eccentric they look. The better I think it is. Which is my main beef with the 1999 version. In a way they are too normal.
I agree about Nippon designs being generic and boring. Especially because of their faces, kind of inexpressive.

But I was talking specifically about the hair. Blond hair isn't more eccentric than brown hair. So, both colors are fine (or both colors are wrong). That's why I don't understand what's the problem with the color change.
 

mrsticky005

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2011
Messages
2,106
Reaction score
1,585
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I agree about Nippon designs being generic and boring. Especially because of their faces, kind of inexpressive.

But I was talking specifically about the hair. Blond hair isn't more eccentric than brown hair. So, both colors are fine (or both colors are wrong). That's why I don't understand what's the problem with the color change.
Well for Phinx blonde is a bit out there. Of course blonde hair in itself isn't eccentric. But do you not think it makes Phinx stand out more than if he had brown hair?
 

futurefrog

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 4, 2012
Messages
1,023
Reaction score
999
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
I think Phinx blonde hair looks awesome. He looks like a hustler haha its so awesome.
I never thought of Phinx having Brown hair to be entirely honest with you, when I read the manga I always imagined him being blonde :teehee

As for the rest of the character designs, all of them look great, my favourite is Pakunoda and Feitan (Pakunoda is my favourite Troupe member, RIP Baby!) :hip
 

fanatik

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 25, 2007
Messages
157
Reaction score
97
Gender
Hidden
Country
United Nations
OK, on the Ryodan designs...

I don't like Kuroro's design on that design page (what's with those ears...? what's with that nose...?). He definitely looks uglier than in the manga and in the old anime. Why doesn't he look like in this:

I think that Chrollo looks better here than in the design picture.
Also, the naked chest and six pack... I don't mind, but I'd hate it if he runs around half naked all the time because, first, as it was said above, his chinese-style shirt is cool, and second, going naked all the time is out of character for him as he's not Hisoka (and even Hisoka doesn't do it all that often...).

And Pakunoda... where's her trademark high heels, dammit?!

Some weird color patterns aside, the rest are OK, most of them are even better than I expected, although I don't quite get blue bandages and lilac skin for Bonolenov.

And damn, my hopes are going down...
 

TheAmericandream

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2012
Messages
521
Reaction score
152
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Pakunoda has flats in the manga. Her "trademark" red highheels are only in the 1999 anime and the following OVA for Yorknew. I like her heels, but I'm in love with the new Pakunoda design personally.

But I do agree Chrollo looks a bit odd, mostly just want him to have a shirt. I think he looks great in the opening and art you posted above.
 

fanatik

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 25, 2007
Messages
157
Reaction score
97
Gender
Hidden
Country
United Nations
OK, flats are... utilitarian. Especially when you run on the side of a building. Not very cool when matched with a formal suit and even harmful to the overall image, but still utilitarian. I'll have to live with that and forget my love for her red high heels engraved in my memory.

Kuroro, however... He's supposed to be a total bishonen if slightly creepy when you look at him closer. As of now, he's ugly and creepy even when you don't look upclose. Which is really odd considering that the image above is not a fanart but a vectoring of him from the ending (official, so to speak). That is, Madhouse can make him look nice, can't they? But for some reason they chose not to. For now, all I can do is lament that this had to happen to my favorite character in the entire manga...
 

mrsticky005

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2011
Messages
2,106
Reaction score
1,585
Gender
Male
Country
United States
OK, flats are... utilitarian. Especially when you run on the side of a building. Not very cool when matched with a formal suit and even harmful to the overall image, but still utilitarian. I'll have to live with that and forget my love for her red high heels engraved in my memory.

Kuroro, however... He's supposed to be a total bishonen if slightly creepy when you look at him closer. As of now, he's ugly and creepy even when you don't look upclose. Which is really odd considering that the image above is not a fanart but a vectoring of him from the ending (official, so to speak). That is, Madhouse can make him look nice, can't they? But for some reason they chose not to. For now, all I can do is lament that this had to happen to my favorite character in the entire manga...
How ironic my problem with him is being TOO bishounen and not creepy enough.
 

Cinnabar

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 3, 2012
Messages
327
Reaction score
350
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
I think Phinx blonde hair looks awesome. He looks like a hustler haha its so awesome.
I never thought of Phinx having Brown hair to be entirely honest with you, when I read the manga I always imagined him being blonde :teehee
Me too! Again, I never paid attention to the official color schemes in the manga, but Phinx was always blond in my head canon. So is Pariston. But I'm getting waaaaay ahead of myself.

How ironic my problem with him is being TOO bishounen and not creepy enough.
This is exactly my problem with Chrollo's new design. The look itself isn't bad (though I prefer it if he's less bishounen-looking), but the overall feeling I'm getting from him isn't creepy enough. I'll reserve my thoughts until I see him in action though. Music, VA, setting, and other stuff can add a lot to the character, so he may still look creepier in the anime. I'll hold out hope!

I'm not sure if Madhouse is just inconsistent with the his design, or they're still getting the hang of drawing him since there's quite a gap between Yorkshin and the recent ED.
 

mrsticky005

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2011
Messages
2,106
Reaction score
1,585
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Me too! Again, I never paid attention to the official color schemes in the manga, but Phinx was always blond in my head canon. So is Pariston. But I'm getting waaaaay ahead of myself.



This is exactly my problem with Chrollo's new design. The look itself isn't bad (though I prefer it if he's less bishounen-looking), but the overall feeling I'm getting from him isn't creepy enough. I'll reserve my thoughts until I see him in action though. Music, VA, setting, and other stuff can add a lot to the character, so he may still look creepier in the anime. I'll hold out hope!

I'm not sure if Madhouse is just inconsistent with the his design, or they're still getting the hang of drawing him since there's quite a gap between Yorkshin and the recent ED.
I'm hoping what happens is that Chrollo looks like a nice handsome dude...until he goes crazy and then he's all creepy.

Though Madhouse has been pretty great with the expressions. So I can see it happening.
 

fanatik

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 25, 2007
Messages
157
Reaction score
97
Gender
Hidden
Country
United Nations
How ironic my problem with him is being TOO bishounen and not creepy enough.
To me, his creepiness shows in the way he acts rather than in the way he looks. And it's the clash between his trustworthy easygoing handsome guy looks and his barely human soul (most of the time, anyway) that creeps me out the most.

I only really saw how crazy he is during his fight with the two Zoldycks who seriously tried to kill him yet he basically played around. That's definitely not a normal behavior for a human being whose instinct for self-preservation would kick off one way or another in a situation like that; his obviously is turned off completely. And then the hostage situation only proved it when his total lack of care for his own life baffled even Kurapika and co.; and what's more he even expected all of his comrades to be the same. He actually might be crazier than Hisoka, and that's saying something, only his craziness is not obvious, and it takes a good long look to see it which makes it all the more hair raising... that's what I'd like Madhouse to capture but doubt they will in the end...
 

mrsticky005

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2011
Messages
2,106
Reaction score
1,585
Gender
Male
Country
United States
To me, his creepiness shows in the way he acts rather than in the way he looks. And it's the clash between his trustworthy easygoing handsome guy looks and his barely human soul (most of the time, anyway) that creeps me out the most.

I only really saw how crazy he is during his fight with the two Zoldycks who seriously tried to kill him yet he basically played around. That's definitely not a normal behavior for a human being whose instinct for self-preservation would kick off one way or another in a situation like that; his obviously is turned off completely. And then the hostage situation only proved it when his total lack of care for his own life baffled even Kurapika and co.; and what's more he even expected all of his comrades to be the same. He actually might be crazier than Hisoka, and that's saying something, only his craziness is not obvious, and it takes a good long look to see it which makes it all the more hair raising... that's what I'd like Madhouse to capture but doubt they will in the end...
We'll just have to wait and see
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top