Anime A Hunter x Hunter Movie

TheAmericandream

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2012
Messages
521
Reaction score
152
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I hope we don't get a Phantom troupe Kurta member, but I don't doubt Togashi's ability to make this work if the story does go in this direction.
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,672
Reaction score
61,372
Gender
Male
Country
France
Cool poster. So Kurapika has seen a Ryodan member in front of him and was still alive? I always thought he was not present during the massacre. I wonder if the dead#4 was not a Zoldyck(Kikyo's brother maybe?),they seem to be linked or maybe Chrollo himself is Kikyo's brother.
 

Cinnabar

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 3, 2012
Messages
327
Reaction score
350
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
You're right, it is a Naruto reference.
Sasuke's brother Killed everybody in his own clan, except for Sasuke.
Oh, I see. I suppose this is why people compare Kurapika to Sasuke and vice versa then? The whole 'lone survivor of such and such clan' thing?
 

Popo

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Aug 30, 2008
Messages
165
Reaction score
435
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Oh, I see. I suppose this is why people compare Kurapika to Sasuke and vice versa then? The whole 'lone survivor of such and such clan' thing?
Well, Masashi Kishimoto has also openly admitted that Sasuke was based upon Kurapika. Sasuke was never intended to exist in the Naruto series to begin with; he was a character added at the behest of Kishimoto's editor, whom had felt that Naruto needed a rival. Surprisingly, the entire manga ended up focusing on Sasuke, in a way.
 

heron bpv

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 2, 2012
Messages
391
Reaction score
254
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
The poster sells itself. Nuff said =D
Also, I do remember Kurapika saying that he survived because he was not there when the Ryodan striked. And a comment of Hisoka saying that he killed the number 4 member when entering the Ryodan (or was it to subistitute?) to Kurapika during their negotiations.
Though I have to admit it has been a while since my last reread of the manga, so I may be wrong.
 

Akia999

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 25, 2012
Messages
1,095
Reaction score
905
Gender
Hidden
Country
Malaysia
It looks like this is going to be the movie cover.



source is Megumi Han Fan page on Facebook
:O
Number 4 is going to play a big part in this.
January is a long way to go...
Anyway, was Togashi actually involved in writing the script ? He wasn't right?
Like for that one piece movie about golden shiki (where the author himself wrote the script and wrote a manga chapter to promote the movie) , I do wonder would Togashi do a promo chapter of it? But considering that we barely get any manga chapters ,it is unlikely.


The poster sells itself. Nuff said =D
Also, I do remember Kurapika saying that he survived because he was not there when the Ryodan striked. And a comment of Hisoka saying that he killed the number 4 member when entering the Ryodan (or was it to subistitute?) to Kurapika during their negotiations.
Though I have to admit it has been a while since my last reread of the manga, so I may be wrong.
I don't think Kurapika ever mention that.Knowing his personality and being traumatised ,I don't think he will talk about how he was the sole survivor.
As for Hisoka, he just say he replaced number 4.
 
Last edited:

riniloves

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 9, 2012
Messages
224
Reaction score
179
Gender
Hidden
Country
Philippines
It looks like this is going to be the movie cover.



source is Megumi Han Fan page on Facebook
it could have been the #4 before Hisoka. I wish that #4 is a science geek or s/he work with science geeks.
remember Kurapika mentions before, Spiders might be working from someone more influential than the Mafia (I thought before its the boss of Meteor city but HxH world is so vast right now).

Cant wait. I dont find any reason for the mafia to get interested with luminous eyeballs, all I can say the science geeks are looking for something thats why they discharge the other kurta eyeballs in the balck market... (Dont worry thats just my theory, since everyone elses theories is like from Sasuke thingy, have to change mine for the better...)...

and also there is a theory about the last time the gates where open before entering the dark continent 200yrs ago surfacing around in some Jp websites... Could Kurta eyes be one of the keys? or something else?

(Neh~ its just me wanting Kurapika to to resurface and did something in the upcoming chapters, I missed him so much...)
 
Last edited:

Cinnabar

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 3, 2012
Messages
327
Reaction score
350
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Whatever it is, I'm positive the Kurta clan has something to do with the Dark Continent. I have no evidence for this though. I just have a huge hunch.

I wonder why Kurapika wasn't around when the Spiders attacked?

Well, Masashi Kishimoto has also openly admitted that Sasuke was based upon Kurapika. Sasuke was never intended to exist in the Naruto series to begin with; he was a character added at the behest of Kishimoto's editor, whom had felt that Naruto needed a rival. Surprisingly, the entire manga ended up focusing on Sasuke, in a way.
I see. Haha, the main character always has to have some kind of rival (which, more often than not, turns out to be some flavor of the antihero :-_-). This trope just sells the characters to the readers, I guess.
 

TheAmericandream

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2012
Messages
521
Reaction score
152
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
So, is it confirmed about Togashi's involvement in this film. I think that if its about Kurapika's backstory it almost has to have his blessing even if he isn't actually writing the script himself. I definitely cannot wait for a trailer and more confirmation along with character design leaks for this film.
 

kindredxiuxiu

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 13, 2012
Messages
2,153
Reaction score
1,186
Gender
Female
Country
United States
This trope just sells the characters to the readers, I guess.
And the shippers!

I want a trailer now. And I want to see the voice cast, too. See if they bring in anymore well-known voice actors/actresses.
 

mrsticky005

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2011
Messages
2,106
Reaction score
1,585
Gender
Male
Country
United States
My answer, Gon is 8 yrs old thisi time.... he is 11 (I guess) when he leaves the island..
Kite flashback happnes here

while the Kurta tribe massacre happens when Kurapika is 12-13 yrs old
and is clear he says here 4 yrs agao

answer to your question... no.. not around the same time...
Let's see.

Gon vs Gido is on March 11th 1999. Gon' birthday is May 5. Since the Hunter Exam takes place annually in the 2nd week of January it is likely that
Chapter 1 took place December 1998 to January 1999. Three years from that exactly would be December 1995 to January 1996. Gon would be 8.

Kurapika's birthday is April 4th. He was 17 in the beginning of the manga. Kurapika fought Uvogin on September 2nd 1999. Kurapika was 18 when he fought
Uvogin. Four years from that exactly would be September 2nd 1995. Kurapika would be 14 when the Kurta clan was killed.

Now this is presuming that when they say three years ago and four years ago they mean exactly.

But September 1995 to January 1996 is a relatively close window. Just four months difference. If the "four years ago", "three years ago" is not exact it could be the same time. Not saying it is but at the very least when Gon met Kite, meanwhile it would have not been too long ago that Kurapika's clan was slaughtered.

---------- Post added at 02:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:20 AM ----------

I'm probably wrong...but what if #4 was Gyro?

I'm not sure how old Gyro is now. Or how many years NGL is an official nation but I'll say Gyro is 31 and NGL is officially a year old in 2001.

Gyro would have started the NGL movement in 1991 at the age of 19 I think.

Kurta Clan Massacre was 1995. Gyro is 23 then.


What if...

Gyro was born in Meteor City. At 12 he kills his father.
At age 17, a tramp is falsely accused
At age 19, Gyro starts up the NGL movement
At age 20, Gyro orchestrates the suicide bombing of 31 people
At age 23, Gyro kills the Kurta Clan in 1995 and then secretly hires Silva to kill member #8. Soon after Gyro leaves the Phantom Troupe
At age 24, Gyro moves to NGL and becomes kingpin. Hisoka becomes his replacement.
At age 30, NGL is a full nation.
At age 31, Gyro becomes a Chimera Ant.
Now Gyro returns to Meteor City. I think he will fight the Phantom Troupe, defeat them and take over Meteor City.

Again, it's likely a huge stretch. But I have my suspicions of Gyro.

Plus I think #4 hired Silva to kill #8. This would explain the no infighting rule and the coin flip.
 

TheAmericandream

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2012
Messages
521
Reaction score
152
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Do they not explicitly say Hisoka killed number 4? Or that he simply replaced him. I'm not aware.
 

ZonikStrike

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 25, 2011
Messages
369
Reaction score
206
Gender
Male
Country
Lithuania
Oh, I see. I suppose this is why people compare Kurapika to Sasuke and vice versa then? The whole 'lone survivor of such and such clan' thing?
Sasuke also has Red Eyes.

Let's see.

Gon vs Gido is on March 11th 1999. Gon' birthday is May 5. Since the Hunter Exam takes place annually in the 2nd week of January it is likely that
Chapter 1 took place December 1998 to January 1999. Three years from that exactly would be December 1995 to January 1996. Gon would be 8.

Kurapika's birthday is April 4th. He was 17 in the beginning of the manga. Kurapika fought Uvogin on September 2nd 1999. Kurapika was 18 when he fought
Uvogin. Four years from that exactly would be September 2nd 1995. Kurapika would be 14 when the Kurta clan was killed.

Now this is presuming that when they say three years ago and four years ago they mean exactly.

But September 1995 to January 1996 is a relatively close window. Just four months difference. If the "four years ago", "three years ago" is not exact it could be the same time. Not saying it is but at the very least when Gon met Kite, meanwhile it would have not been too long ago that Kurapika's clan was slaughtered.
Kurapika is saying "four years ago" in chap 2. The meeting with Kaito was later than that.

I'm probably wrong...but what if #4 was Gyro?

I'm not sure how old Gyro is now. Or how many years NGL is an official nation but I'll say Gyro is 31 and NGL is officially a year old in 2001.

Gyro would have started the NGL movement in 1991 at the age of 19 I think.

Kurta Clan Massacre was 1995. Gyro is 23 then.


What if...

Gyro was born in Meteor City. At 12 he kills his father.
At age 17, a tramp is falsely accused
At age 19, Gyro starts up the NGL movement
At age 20, Gyro orchestrates the suicide bombing of 31 people
At age 23, Gyro kills the Kurta Clan in 1995 and then secretly hires Silva to kill member #8. Soon after Gyro leaves the Phantom Troupe
At age 24, Gyro moves to NGL and becomes kingpin. Hisoka becomes his replacement.
At age 30, NGL is a full nation.
At age 31, Gyro becomes a Chimera Ant.
Now Gyro returns to Meteor City. I think he will fight the Phantom Troupe, defeat them and take over Meteor City.

Again, it's likely a huge stretch. But I have my suspicions of Gyro.
Nooo, I think Gyro deserves more than just some movie villain role =O And furthermore, it was said that he ought to meet with Gon, not with Kurapika =|
Plus, don't remember if that was said in manga, but I was under impression that Gyro lived his whole life in NGL without leaving it.

Plus I think #4 hired Silva to kill #8. This would explain the no infighting rule and the coin flip.
Was it said that the number of GR member that was killed by Silva was #8? I thought it also could be the same #4.
 

Uriel

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 11, 2007
Messages
6,406
Reaction score
4,075
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Well, Gyro COULD be not the final villain here. This may be a build up for the events to come in the manga. But who knows.

I personally prefer it as a new character rather than someone we have heard or seen. It's always more exciting to know nothing.
 

TheAmericandream

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2012
Messages
521
Reaction score
152
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Yea I'm really curious who the two former Spiders are, I hope they're new and interesting characters.
 

Kamen Rider Dragon

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 4, 2012
Messages
239
Reaction score
220
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I wonder will we be done with YorkNew by the time this movie drops?
 

ZonikStrike

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 25, 2011
Messages
369
Reaction score
206
Gender
Male
Country
Lithuania
I personally prefer it as a new character rather than someone we have heard or seen. It's always more exciting to know nothing.
Totally agreed.
 

Chain Bastard

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jun 28, 2012
Messages
90
Reaction score
247
Age
33
Gender
Female
Country
France
About timeline :)

5 years ago = Massacre
3 years and 2 months ago = Genei Ryodan's last meeting
3/2 years ago = Silva kills #8 for job [Shizuku replaces him/her]
2 years ago = Hisoka replaces #4
Yorkshin = First meeting of the 13 current members

 

ZonikStrike

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 25, 2011
Messages
369
Reaction score
206
Gender
Male
Country
Lithuania
3/2 years ago = Silva kills #8 for job [Shizuku replaces him/her]
When was it said that his number was #8? It was only said that #8 and #4 changed during the the time from their last meeting, and it wasn't said that Hisoka killed #4 himself. Of course, if #4 is going to be the main antagonist for the upcoming movie, Silva couldn't have killed him (or maybe that is exactly what is going to be shown).
 

Chain Bastard

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jun 28, 2012
Messages
90
Reaction score
247
Age
33
Gender
Female
Country
France
Indeed, two possibilities !

1. Silva kills #8, Shizuku replaces him/her. Hisoka (kills ?) replaces #4.
2. #8 can be killed/replaced by Shizuku. Silva kills #4 and Hisoka replaces him/her...
 
Top