Anime A Hunter x Hunter Movie

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,672
Reaction score
61,370
Gender
Male
Country
France
We can suppose that Hisoka killed him(i think he did that) but it's weird.When Feitan was fighting Zazan, we have seen how Ryodan works.

Ok i'll let my imagination free now:

I think Hisoka was in the same situation as Zazan.#4 was first...He gets killed maybe #8 too.Nobu knows how dangerous Bungee Gum is,he surely fought him after those 2(he also said he was weaker than him) and he would have been killed BUT! Hisoka sensed a strong aura,Chrollo came and said Nobu to stop fighting.Hisoka found a new toy! After that Chrollo proposed to Hisoka to join #4,he accepted...
 

mrsticky005

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2011
Messages
2,106
Reaction score
1,585
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Well, Gyro COULD be not the final villain here. This may be a build up for the events to come in the manga. But who knows.

I personally prefer it as a new character rather than someone we have heard or seen. It's always more exciting to know nothing.
It was just a thought. Mainly it was the idea that 4 might have had 8 killed and it was like who would do that? Gyro would.

Also with Gyro going to Meteor City I think a confrontation with the Phantom Troupe is in store. What if they had past history?

---------- Post added at 07:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:58 PM ----------

About timeline :)

5 years ago = Massacre
3 years and 2 months ago = Genei Ryodan's last meeting
3/2 years ago = Silva kills #8 for job [Shizuku replaces him/her]
2 years ago = Hisoka replaces #4
Yorkshin = First meeting of the 13 current members

Question. When you say 5 years ago where in the manga are you basing the from part from? Chapter 341?
 

Chain Bastard

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jun 28, 2012
Messages
90
Reaction score
247
Age
33
Gender
Female
Country
France
Question. When you say 5 years ago where in the manga are you basing the from part from? Chapter 341?
York Shin. Kurapika vs Ubo ! =) So 6 years in 341 ?
 

Salce

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 2, 2008
Messages
324
Reaction score
338
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
Twitted 3 minutes ago:
明日発売の「週刊少年ジャンプ」にて、ついに映画「劇場版HUNTER×HUNTER 緋色の幻影(ファントム・ルージュ)」(2013年1月12日公開)のビジュアルを初公開です!要チェック!そして来週の放送では、映画の最新予告映像を初公開します!お見逃しなく!
Seems like next week they will release a trailer of the movie along with episode 41.
 

Crude

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 16, 2007
Messages
2,698
Reaction score
693
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Sometimes mangaka make some changes when serialized chapters are collected in the volumes (Togashi cleaning up the art for example). Maybe he changed the number of years when that particular volume was released. The only way to find out is by looking at a scan of the Japanese version of the volume.
 

mrsticky005

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2011
Messages
2,106
Reaction score
1,585
Gender
Male
Country
United States
lol..everything has to be a mystery with this series.
 

riniloves

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 9, 2012
Messages
224
Reaction score
179
Gender
Hidden
Country
Philippines
Let's see.

Gon vs Gido is on March 11th 1999. Gon' birthday is May 5. Since the Hunter Exam takes place annually in the 2nd week of January it is likely that
Chapter 1 took place December 1998 to January 1999. Three years from that exactly would be December 1995 to January 1996. Gon would be 8.

Kurapika's birthday is April 4th. He was 17 in the beginning of the manga. Kurapika fought Uvogin on September 2nd 1999. Kurapika was 18 when he fought
Uvogin. Four years from that exactly would be September 2nd 1995. Kurapika would be 14 when the Kurta clan was killed.

Now this is presuming that when they say three years ago and four years ago they mean exactly.

But September 1995 to January 1996 is a relatively close window. Just four months difference. If the "four years ago", "three years ago" is not exact it could be the same time. Not saying it is but at the very least when Gon met Kite, meanwhile it would have not been too long ago that Kurapika's clan was slaughtered.

---------- Post added at 02:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:20 AM ----------

I'm probably wrong...but what if #4 was Gyro?

I'm not sure how old Gyro is now. Or how many years NGL is an official nation but I'll say Gyro is 31 and NGL is officially a year old in 2001.

Gyro would have started the NGL movement in 1991 at the age of 19 I think.

Kurta Clan Massacre was 1995. Gyro is 23 then.


What if...

Gyro was born in Meteor City. At 12 he kills his father.
At age 17, a tramp is falsely accused
At age 19, Gyro starts up the NGL movement
At age 20, Gyro orchestrates the suicide bombing of 31 people
At age 23, Gyro kills the Kurta Clan in 1995 and then secretly hires Silva to kill member #8. Soon after Gyro leaves the Phantom Troupe
At age 24, Gyro moves to NGL and becomes kingpin. Hisoka becomes his replacement.
At age 30, NGL is a full nation.
At age 31, Gyro becomes a Chimera Ant.
Now Gyro returns to Meteor City. I think he will fight the Phantom Troupe, defeat them and take over Meteor City.

Again, it's likely a huge stretch. But I have my suspicions of Gyro.

Plus I think #4 hired Silva to kill #8. This would explain the no infighting rule and the coin flip.
You do realise that my first pic is chapter 1, and the second Kurapika reference is cha 2 and 3. Its clear gon says 3 yrs ago. Kurapika says 4 yrs ago...
 

mrsticky005

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2011
Messages
2,106
Reaction score
1,585
Gender
Male
Country
United States
You do realise that my first pic is chapter 1, and the second Kurapika reference is cha 2 and 3. Its clear gon says 3 yrs ago. Kurapika says 4 yrs ago...
ah my mistake then.

I was thinking Kurapika said four years ago from when he fought Uvogin.
but I saw it and he does say five years ago actually. Guess I just remembered it wrong.

well then never mind on that.

You're right there is a year difference
 

riniloves

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 9, 2012
Messages
224
Reaction score
179
Gender
Hidden
Country
Philippines
ah my mistake then.

I was thinking Kurapika said four years ago from when he fought Uvogin.
but I saw it and he does say five years ago actually. Guess I just remembered it wrong.

well then never mind on that.

You're right there is a year difference
No, sorry I was rude in the words I used...
but when I think of it again
first dialogue of Kurapika it was January of that year
2nd dialogue from Uvo it was September of that year...
maybe your right too...
 
Last edited:

mrsticky005

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2011
Messages
2,106
Reaction score
1,585
Gender
Male
Country
United States
No, sorry I was rude in the words I used...
but when I think of it again
first dialogue of Kurapika it was January of that year
2nd dialogue from Uvo it was September of that year...
maybe your right too...
I just remembered it wrong.

Let's see

five years exact from September 2nd 1999 is September 2nd 1994
four years exact from January 1st 1999 is January 1st 1995

So the massacre happened sometime from September 1994 to January 1995 most likely.

---------- Post added at 03:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:52 AM ----------

No, sorry I was rude in the words I used...
but when I think of it again
first dialogue of Kurapika it was January of that year
2nd dialogue from Uvo it was September of that year...
maybe your right too...
nah I just was remembering it wrong
I think the massacre happened sometime between September 1994 to January 1995. Let's say November 1994 to even it out.

Gon met Kite around January 1996 probably.
 

Cinnabar

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 3, 2012
Messages
327
Reaction score
350
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Okay, wait a minute. Just to be clear, how sure are we on Togashi's involvement with the movie? Did he just conceptualize the idea? Is he doing the script? Is he overseeing things? Or will he just give his blessing and say whether the movie's OK or not?

Just wanted to make sure how involved the man is, and to what extent. This is important. Well, for me at least.

Not that I don't mind others doing the script. But having Togashi involved just makes everything better in my eyes.
 

riniloves

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 9, 2012
Messages
224
Reaction score
179
Gender
Hidden
Country
Philippines
Okay, wait a minute. Just to be clear, how sure are we on Togashi's involvement with the movie? Did he just conceptualize the idea? Is he doing the script? Is he overseeing things? Or will he just give his blessing and say whether the movie's OK or not?

Just wanted to make sure how involved the man is, and to what extent. This is important. Well, for me at least.

Not that I don't mind others doing the script. But having Togashi involved just makes everything better in my eyes.
If I heard right in some JP sites
Togashi wants to write the scirpt...
So in the writing sense he didnt....
But
He is supervising it... Maybe he is assisting to the writers what is the back draft of the story...
Even though he is not writing, and is only supervising... I think thats enough to make it canon...
But lets still wait for more press releases...
 

mrsticky005

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2011
Messages
2,106
Reaction score
1,585
Gender
Male
Country
United States
With it being about the Kurta Clan massacre you would think at the very least Togashi is supervising it.
 

mrsticky005

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2011
Messages
2,106
Reaction score
1,585
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Regarding the time period, Kurapika said 5 years when he fought Uvogin

Yeah I know. Like I said I remembered it wrong.

But either way thanks for getting the Japanese manga.

That is the Japanese manga right? (I dunno if I'm confusing it with Chinese characters or not)
 
Top