Anime Hunter X Hunter New Anime Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

kindredxiuxiu

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 13, 2012
Messages
2,153
Reaction score
1,186
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Question: Can we openly discuss character deaths in threads outside of this discussion? I've seen placements of spoilers and then lack of spoilers.

I also thought the music placement was a little weird. I felt like they overplayed the tracks, and some of the choices weren't always great for those scenes. But it's still a good episode nonetheless and honestly didn't bug me THAT much.

Also: narutoforums is hard to please... unless blood and guts are flying around everywhere and the soundtrack is flawless.
 
Last edited:

Uriel

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 11, 2007
Messages
6,406
Reaction score
4,075
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
LOL, haters gonna hate.

Anyway, you can. Unless someone watching for the first time this series is commenting. Some threads are obviously spoiler in their base, there you don't have to use the spoilers if you don't want to.
 

kindredxiuxiu

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 13, 2012
Messages
2,153
Reaction score
1,186
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Lol, yeah. I've also seen complaints about the pacing of the series. I mean, it got somewhat sluggish between Heaven's Arena and Yorknew IMO, but it's gotten a lot better the last couple episodes. The last three certainly didn't feel slow to me.

Opinions?
 

HiggsBoson

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jul 7, 2012
Messages
29
Reaction score
22
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
United States
No matter how you break it, it was slightly slow.

I mean it took the big bang impact punch 5 seconds to charge ~_<
 

Netero

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 18, 2011
Messages
737
Reaction score
583
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I enjoyed Big Bang impacts charge up, it made the scene even more epic imo.
 

HiggsBoson

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jul 7, 2012
Messages
29
Reaction score
22
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Thats kinda a good thing for Gon. The beauty with Ubo was that he is a master enhancer and that he can charge it in a matter of a second. But yeah, still cool.

I'd like to think that the difference between Ubo and Mature Gon is that Ubo can speed the charge and release of his attack while Gon has more capacity but takes a while to charge (like what he did with Pitou).
 
Last edited:

mrsticky005

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2011
Messages
2,106
Reaction score
1,585
Gender
Male
Country
United States
No matter how you break it, it was slightly slow.

I mean it took the big bang impact punch 5 seconds to charge ~_<
I agree. Though I disagree with the people who would say it was sluggish.

Though I say the big bang impact charge up is the least of what I minded. I mean it's a pretty awesome hatsu. It should have some build up.
We got build up for Tiger Bite Fist. Why not Big Bang Impact?

Now a spoiler question

What's the difference between Big Bang Impact and Gon's Rock attack? They both seem the enhancer gathers up aura into their fist and then punches. Uvogin's Big Bang seems to do this much faster and stronger but that seems to be the result of Uvogin being stronger and more experienced than Gon, I think.

Also anyone else think Kurapika's scarlet eyes look good in these scenes even though he's still wearing contact lens?

Once he takes them off for Emperor Time. I think it's going to look brilliant.
 

futurefrog

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 4, 2012
Messages
1,023
Reaction score
999
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
I agree. Though I disagree with the people who would say it was sluggish.

Though I say the big bang impact charge up is the least of what I minded. I mean it's a pretty awesome hatsu. It should have some build up.
We got build up for Tiger Bite Fist. Why not Big Bang Impact?

Now a spoiler question

What's the difference between Big Bang Impact and Gon's Rock attack? They both seem the enhancer gathers up aura into their fist and then punches. Uvogin's Big Bang seems to do this much faster and stronger but that seems to be the result of Uvogin being stronger and more experienced than Gon, I think.

Also anyone else think Kurapika's scarlet eyes look good in these scenes even though he's still wearing contact lens?

Once he takes them off for Emperor Time. I think it's going to look brilliant.
I actually have a theory about Gon/Uvo:

I think that the similarities between Gon and Uvo as well as Nobunaga's insistence that Gon join the Troupe may be a nice bit of foreshadowing that Gon may one day join the Troupe to replace Uvo as Gon becomes more and more of a dark monster. Now the real shit happens. Will Kurapika be able to kill his friend Gon if he sides with the Troupe?

I know this is an outlandish and crazy theory, but I think that it'd be interesting if someone Kurapika cared about joined the Troupe. He vowed to only use his chains on the Troupe, but he never thought about if one of his friends became a Troupe member.

Just a crazy idea that has probably 0% chance ever happening lol
 

Cinnabar

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 3, 2012
Messages
327
Reaction score
350
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
I've heard a lot of people in Narutoforums thought the music was out of place. What do you guys think?
I thought it was great, to be honest. It didn't feel awkward or misplaced for me, and I actually did think that they picked the right tracks. Although bear in my mind that I haven't actually listened to the soundtrack (off the top of my head, the only song I know of is Kurapika's character song), so if there were certain pieces that would have worked better for the episode, I wouldn't know. But overall, I actually enjoyed the music this time around. If there were some tracks that were overused, I didn't notice.

Lol, yeah. I've also seen complaints about the pacing of the series. I mean, it got somewhat sluggish between Heaven's Arena and Yorknew IMO, but it's gotten a lot better the last couple episodes. The last three certainly didn't feel slow to me.

Opinions?
It got a bit slow, but I don't think that's necessarily bad. I mean, I think the episodes were dragged out a bit to emphasize the moment and to end the episode on a good note (I like how this week ended with the Uvo in the car). I don't think it matters given the quality of the episodes. And, c'mon, characters have been dying left and right. If Madhouse doesn't slow down a little, we would have forgotten they died at all with all the new events that they'll keep pouring on us. So yeah, the s l o w n e s s isn't bad, I think. For now.

However, I think pacing would be a lot more crucial for this arc. I think Madhouse would need to balance this well. Not too slow, not too fast. Fast enough so that you can feel the urgency and thrill; slow enough so that you can feel the suspense and you don't get overwhelmed by all the events. And paced evenly enough so that each episode ends at the right moment. So many things happen in Yorkshin, and I think the distribution of events would be more important for this arc. Madhouse is still doing okay imo, and I hope they continue to do so.

Personally, I hope the car chase has faster pacing. Essentially because it's a car chase. I want to feel the adrenaline too.

Now a spoiler question

What's the difference between Big Bang Impact and Gon's Rock attack? They both seem the enhancer gathers up aura into their fist and then punches. Uvogin's Big Bang seems to do this much faster and stronger but that seems to be the result of Uvogin being stronger and more experienced than Gon, I think.
I think they're essentially the same, except Gon has to say "First is Rock," every time he uses his Rock attack. It could be that he's just used to saying it before attacking, but I also think that it kind of enhances the attack somehow. Whereas Uvo just transfers most of his aura to his fist and strikes. His attack should be stronger right now because of experience. But I think Gon, given more time to develop and get stronger, will be stronger than Uvo is right now because of the "First is Rock," thing he always says. That, and the fact that he has a lot of potential. But I don't know. Just guessing here.

Also anyone else think Kurapika's scarlet eyes look good in these scenes even though he's still wearing contact lens?

Once he takes them off for Emperor Time. I think it's going to look brilliant.
Oh yes. They look great. If I ever said they looked dull before, then I retract my statement.

Emperor Time red eyes would be sweet, especially against the dark. I hope I get the chills from that.

I actually have a theory about Gon/Uvo:

I think that the similarities between Gon and Uvo as well as Nobunaga's insistence that Gon join the Troupe may be a nice bit of foreshadowing that Gon may one day join the Troupe to replace Uvo as Gon becomes more and more of a dark monster. Now the real shit happens. Will Kurapika be able to kill his friend Gon if he sides with the Troupe?

I know this is an outlandish and crazy theory, but I think that it'd be interesting if someone Kurapika cared about joined the Troupe. He vowed to only use his chains on the Troupe, but he never thought about if one of his friends became a Troupe member.

Just a crazy idea that has probably 0% chance ever happening lol
I like this theory. I've always wondered what Kurapika will do if that happens.
 

Netero

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 18, 2011
Messages
737
Reaction score
583
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I actually have a theory about Gon/Uvo:

I think that the similarities between Gon and Uvo as well as Nobunaga's insistence that Gon join the Troupe may be a nice bit of foreshadowing that Gon may one day join the Troupe to replace Uvo as Gon becomes more and more of a dark monster. Now the real shit happens. Will Kurapika be able to kill his friend Gon if he sides with the Troupe?

I know this is an outlandish and crazy theory, but I think that it'd be interesting if someone Kurapika cared about joined the Troupe. He vowed to only use his chains on the Troupe, but he never thought about if one of his friends became a Troupe member.

Just a crazy idea that has probably 0% chance ever happening lol
Now that's a very good theory, and it would be totally unexpected if something like that did happen.
 

mrsticky005

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2011
Messages
2,106
Reaction score
1,585
Gender
Male
Country
United States
About Futurefrog's theory

It's interesting. But I don't see it happening. The similarities between Gon and Uvo are there for sure. But I don't think it was foreshadowing
so much as parallelism. I think the point was to show that the Phantom Troupe wasn't all that dissimilar to Gon. That even a band of thieves and murders
have friends. In other words they are just as human as Gon. This makes Kurapika's revenge that much more troublesome because humanity has been
given to the Troupe. That's the genius of Togashi. He can make the Troupe seem incredibly evil one moment. But then the next you care about them.
At the same time not only does it humanize the Spiders but it also dehumanizes Gon. Because if Gon is the same as this beast Uvogin then what does
that mean for Gon? What kind of person will Gon become? Will Gon tread the same dark path as those of the Troupe?However, I still don't think Gon
will join the Spiders. Actually I think Gon will NOT end up as a dark character. Or perhaps I hope he doesn't. I mean not that it wouldn't be interesting.
But I suppose Gon is just that likable that you don't want to see him go bad. At least not permanently.
 

futurefrog

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 4, 2012
Messages
1,023
Reaction score
999
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
About Futurefrog's theory

It's interesting. But I don't see it happening. The similarities between Gon and Uvo are there for sure. But I don't think it was foreshadowing
so much as parallelism. I think the point was to show that the Phantom Troupe wasn't all that dissimilar to Gon. That even a band of thieves and murders
have friends. In other words they are just as human as Gon. This makes Kurapika's revenge that much more troublesome because humanity has been
given to the Troupe. That's the genius of Togashi. He can make the Troupe seem incredibly evil one moment. But then the next you care about them.
At the same time not only does it humanize the Spiders but it also dehumanizes Gon. Because if Gon is the same as this beast Uvogin then what does
that mean for Gon? What kind of person will Gon become? Will Gon tread the same dark path as those of the Troupe?However, I still don't think Gon
will join the Spiders. Actually I think Gon will NOT end up as a dark character. Or perhaps I hope he doesn't. I mean not that it wouldn't be interesting.
But I suppose Gon is just that likable that you don't want to see him go bad. At least not permanently.
I think now that Gon and Killua have gone their separate ways, Gon will become a darker person. Killua always protected Gon, kept his beast at bay. But Gon's inner beast still slipped out and GOn changed forever. Gon became a killer. He killed living creatures who ultimately are argueably as innocent as Gon himself. Did Pitou deserve to die for acting upon his animal instincts? Did Pitou deserve to die for following his orders? What makes it right for Gon to avenge Kite? Because he cares about him? Pitou cares about his Queen and King. Is it wrong for him to want to protect them?

Gon's revenge for Kite is just the same as Kurapika's revenge for his Clan. They both become consumed by darkness and kill in an utterly cold blooded way. Gon won't become a dark character, BECAUSE he already HAS. I expect to see Gon entangled with the Troupe and Kurapika again soon. Whos side he will be on though, is anyones guess.
 

kindredxiuxiu

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 13, 2012
Messages
2,153
Reaction score
1,186
Gender
Female
Country
United States
About futurefrog's theory:

It's a plausible theory, but I honestly can't see it happening. Gon went off the deep end in the ant arc, but he seems fine now based off of chapter 339. The thing with Gon is that he's strong, but can be EXTREMELY irrational. Compare that with Killua who's strong, but also rational (post-needle, for the most part). I wouldn't base this theory off the fact that Gon killed Pitou and other innocent ants (Killua has a higher kill count in that arc than Gon does - he's not going to the dark side anytime soon), but it's Gon's attitude towards Komugi that indicates his possibility to come to the dark side in the future. At this point, I'm going to say wait until Gon meets Gyro, and see how the dark continent arc shapes his worldview.

As far as the Ryodan go, I don't foresee Gon joining them, but I could see Nobu trying to recruit him for the umpteenth time. And Gon's and Uvo's abilities are pretty similar, except Gon has the "First comes rock..." recitation where Uvo didn't have anything. I don't think it's based off of inexperience, but instead an aspect of Gon's ability itself. Then again, in adult form, Gon still had the mentality of his 12 year old self, yet got an upgrade in his nen and strength.
 

mrsticky005

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2011
Messages
2,106
Reaction score
1,585
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I think now that Gon and Killua have gone their separate ways, Gon will become a darker person. Killua always protected Gon, kept his beast at bay. But Gon's inner beast still slipped out and GOn changed forever. Gon became a killer. He killed living creatures who ultimately are argueably as innocent as Gon himself. Did Pitou deserve to die for acting upon his animal instincts? Did Pitou deserve to die for following his orders? What makes it right for Gon to avenge Kite? Because he cares about him? Pitou cares about his Queen and King. Is it wrong for him to want to protect them?

Gon's revenge for Kite is just the same as Kurapika's revenge for his Clan. They both become consumed by darkness and kill in an utterly cold blooded way. Gon won't become a dark character, BECAUSE he already HAS. I expect to see Gon entangled with the Troupe and Kurapika again soon. Whos side he will be on though, is anyones guess.
I mean that Gon won't STAY a dark character. He's not going to be Kurapika 2.0 in my mind.

---------- Post added at 07:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:05 PM ----------

Great theories guys. Just found that little tidbit about Gon/Uvo to be rather interesting.
Thought I'd share this with you guys too:
Gon vs. Hisoka from 2011 anime listed as one of best fights of all time on Anime Say
http://youtu.be/nleaNtG-0dU
They'll have to update that list sometime in September ;)
 

Veradux

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Aug 21, 2012
Messages
64
Reaction score
58
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Hello HxH fans! I've been reading this forum for a week now and I've decided to finally join the discussion. HxH is a great series and I'm glad that its getting more fans thanks to the 2011 adaptation. I only remember little of the 1999 version because its been a long time since I've seen it. I'm also excited for the movie and I'm patiently waiting for the manga to return. I can't wait for the this adaptation to reach the CA arc! (Hopefully it happens!)

As for Ep. 44, I was glad that it had little censorship (it's almost nonexistent). That was a great episode. It's too bad that there's a break next week...
 

Netero

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 18, 2011
Messages
737
Reaction score
583
Gender
Male
Country
United States
^ Welcome to the forums, it's the best place to discuss Hunter x Hunter :D
 

futurefrog

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 4, 2012
Messages
1,023
Reaction score
999
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Hello HxH fans! I've been reading this forum for a week now and I've decided to finally join the discussion. HxH is a great series and I'm glad that its getting more fans thanks to the 2011 adaptation. I only remember little of the 1999 version because its been a long time since I've seen it. I'm also excited for the movie and I'm patiently waiting for the manga to return. I can't wait for the this adaptation to reach the CA arc! (Hopefully it happens!)

As for Ep. 44, I was glad that it had little censorship (it's almost nonexistent). That was a great episode. It's too bad that there's a break next week...
Welcome to Mangahelpers, the happiest forum on earth :P
Look forward to discussing Hunter x Hunter with you!
 

kindredxiuxiu

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 13, 2012
Messages
2,153
Reaction score
1,186
Gender
Female
Country
United States
I second the two above me. Welcome! HxH is a great series, and definitely needs more fans!

I'd say we're one of the friendliest HxH forums around, especially when it comes to the 2011 series. That's why I like it here so much, as I've only seen clips of the 99 series. :)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top