Re: The NFL Thread
You don't see that H-back type of player much anymore. I'm assuming it's injury-related then?
You don't see that H-back type of player much anymore. I'm assuming it's injury-related then?
Now that's just plain mean. Funny. But mean.No, it's easy to bet against the Patriots. Especially if they are playing the Giants, in the Super Bowl.
Oh yeah...Patriots fans have a right to be woe is me and all butthurt about such a statementNow that's just plain mean. Funny. But mean.


It has become unusual. Cooley became a more traditional tight end when Gibbs retired. He has had ankle and knee problems for a few years now, not the player he once was. It was an open secret that he was playing for a roster spot. He knew it, and has been open about it since the spring. I have no criticism of the organization.You don't see that H-back type of player much anymore. I'm assuming it's injury-related then?
Being fair, just making the play-offs four straight years (and 9 of last 11) is incredibly impressive. For all the hype, they have not been the same since Charlie Weiss, Romeo Crennel, Ty Law, Mike Vrabel, and Teddy Bruschi left.Now that's just plain mean. Funny. But mean.
Yeah I don't see it...I know you're big on the Ravens (props) but I don't see the Eagles surviving without Vick, which will most likely happen this year.Superbowl prediction....Eagles vs Ravens!
![]()
Don't get me wrong I don't disagree but if I was a pats fan(which I'm not) that would sting; as the truth often does. That's pouring salt in a open wound.Being fair, just making the play-offs four straight years (and 9 of last 11) is incredibly impressive. For all the hype, they have not been the same since Charlie Weiss, Romeo Crennel, Ty Law, Mike Vrabel, and Teddy Bruschi left.


Careful, you don't want to bring wrath down upon your team. Trust me on this, it's not fun; and not a mistake I will make again....Tebow sucks! Sanchez sucks! and the Jets will suck with no offensive identity. Shame. I lie...no shame![]()

anyway who likes the Giants chances of repeating?I doubt that. They're going to put him in the best situation to succeed, a la what the Broncos did last year. I think Rex Ryan is a fat-headed idiot, but not that stupid.The Jets wont use the spread option. Tebow will run the the normal offense once he starts......then he'll be exposed forever and Skip Tebow wont be able to say anything hopefullyanyway who likes the Giants chances of repeating?
Oh gosh they'll turn into last year's Broncos except their defense will be considerably better (Revis Island) eh it doesn't matter though because if they don't make it to the playoffs this year Rex wont be the head coach next year me thinksI doubt that. They're going to put him in the best situation to succeed, a la what the Broncos did last year. I think Rex Ryan is a fat-headed idiot, but not that stupid.
Good I guess. Except for the part where they took a downturn after they won their last Super Bowl. Seems they only have the highest level of success when Coughlin's job is in danger.


NFL owners don't like caving into players.What's the point of holding onto MJD, an aging RB, when the rest of their offense is terrible?
He's a running back, his career could be over tomorrow. Yes he's an exceptional talent, but I'm saying look at the team around him. It's akin to the Lions holding onto Barry Sanders for all those years just to sell tickets. The Jaguars are just an awful franchise and have been since Brunell left. The money they would have to shell out to MJD could go to fix multiple holes in their team, not that I think their personnel department is competent enough to do that, just look at how crappy they've been. That franchise might not be long for Jacksonville.What?! Dude is only 27 he has plenty of good years left in him. They plan on having a more balanced offense this year with Blaine Gabbert throwing the ball a large amount of times, but they're still going to need a good running game to complement the pass. It would be extremely foolish not to bring him back.