Fall NFL Thread

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: The NFL Thread

You don't see that H-back type of player much anymore. I'm assuming it's injury-related then?
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,851
Reaction score
23,520
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: The NFL Thread

No, it's easy to bet against the Patriots. Especially if they are playing the Giants, in the Super Bowl.
Now that's just plain mean. Funny. But mean.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: The NFL Thread

Now that's just plain mean. Funny. But mean.
Oh yeah...Patriots fans have a right to be woe is me and all butthurt about such a statement :sclap
 

kakashi919

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
2,311
Reaction score
1,988
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Re: The NFL Thread

Superbowl prediction....Eagles vs Ravens!

:3c
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: The NFL Thread

You don't see that H-back type of player much anymore. I'm assuming it's injury-related then?
It has become unusual. Cooley became a more traditional tight end when Gibbs retired. He has had ankle and knee problems for a few years now, not the player he once was. It was an open secret that he was playing for a roster spot. He knew it, and has been open about it since the spring. I have no criticism of the organization.

Now that's just plain mean. Funny. But mean.
Being fair, just making the play-offs four straight years (and 9 of last 11) is incredibly impressive. For all the hype, they have not been the same since Charlie Weiss, Romeo Crennel, Ty Law, Mike Vrabel, and Teddy Bruschi left.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: The NFL Thread

Superbowl prediction....Eagles vs Ravens!

:3c
Yeah I don't see it...I know you're big on the Ravens (props) but I don't see the Eagles surviving without Vick, which will most likely happen this year.
 

BASED Shinigami

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2011
Messages
1,836
Reaction score
634
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: The NFL Thread

As a loyal patriots fan I expect my team to be in the superbowl. They'll shore up the offense line in a few weeks no doubt and with a improved defense they are not the team to bet against. However, the Texans and Ravens will give them a run for their money.
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,851
Reaction score
23,520
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: The NFL Thread

Being fair, just making the play-offs four straight years (and 9 of last 11) is incredibly impressive. For all the hype, they have not been the same since Charlie Weiss, Romeo Crennel, Ty Law, Mike Vrabel, and Teddy Bruschi left.
Don't get me wrong I don't disagree but if I was a pats fan(which I'm not) that would sting; as the truth often does. That's pouring salt in a open wound.

It would be like pointing out to me that Tim Tebow is 1-0 against my beloved Steelers secondary in the playoffs. Not nice.
 
Last edited:

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: The NFL Thread

True, but Tebow only beat the Stealers once :derp
 
  • Like
Reactions: xi0

BASED Shinigami

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2011
Messages
1,836
Reaction score
634
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: The NFL Thread

Tebow sucks! Sanchez sucks! and the Jets will suck with no offensive identity. Shame. I lie...no shame :hip
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,851
Reaction score
23,520
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: The NFL Thread

Tebow sucks! Sanchez sucks! and the Jets will suck with no offensive identity. Shame. I lie...no shame :hip
Careful, you don't want to bring wrath down upon your team. Trust me on this, it's not fun; and not a mistake I will make again....

 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: The NFL Thread

Thankfully the Redskins are not playing the AFC East this year -_-;
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: The NFL Thread

I can't wait for this Tebowmania bullshit to go away...people like Skip Bayless perpetuating it
 

BASED Shinigami

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2011
Messages
1,836
Reaction score
634
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: The NFL Thread

The Jets wont use the spread option. Tebow will run the the normal offense once he starts......then he'll be exposed forever and Skip Tebow wont be able to say anything hopefully :x3 anyway who likes the Giants chances of repeating?
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: The NFL Thread

The Jets wont use the spread option. Tebow will run the the normal offense once he starts......then he'll be exposed forever and Skip Tebow wont be able to say anything hopefully :x3 anyway who likes the Giants chances of repeating?
I doubt that. They're going to put him in the best situation to succeed, a la what the Broncos did last year. I think Rex Ryan is a fat-headed idiot, but not that stupid.

Good I guess. Except for the part where they took a downturn after they won their last Super Bowl. Seems they only have the highest level of success when Coughlin's job is in danger.
 

BASED Shinigami

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2011
Messages
1,836
Reaction score
634
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: The NFL Thread

I doubt that. They're going to put him in the best situation to succeed, a la what the Broncos did last year. I think Rex Ryan is a fat-headed idiot, but not that stupid.

Good I guess. Except for the part where they took a downturn after they won their last Super Bowl. Seems they only have the highest level of success when Coughlin's job is in danger.
Oh gosh they'll turn into last year's Broncos except their defense will be considerably better (Revis Island) eh it doesn't matter though because if they don't make it to the playoffs this year Rex wont be the head coach next year me thinks :hee

I suppose a championship will take Coughlin's name off the hot seat at least for a season or two. I don't see the Giants repeating either, but the 49ers are ready to go.

---------- Post added at 04:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:45 AM ----------

I feel bad for Maurice Jones-Drew been following his career since he came into the league......they need to give that man his money :cussing
 
Last edited:

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: The NFL Thread

What's the point of holding onto MJD, an aging RB, when the rest of their offense is terrible?
 

BASED Shinigami

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2011
Messages
1,836
Reaction score
634
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: The NFL Thread

What?! Dude is only 27 he has plenty of good years left in him. They plan on having a more balanced offense this year with Blaine Gabbert throwing the ball a large amount of times, but they're still going to need a good running game to complement the pass. It would be extremely foolish not to bring him back.
 
Last edited:

FrostyMouse

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 18, 2011
Messages
7,395
Reaction score
1,302
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Re: The NFL Thread

What's the point of holding onto MJD, an aging RB, when the rest of their offense is terrible?
NFL owners don't like caving into players.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: The NFL Thread

What?! Dude is only 27 he has plenty of good years left in him. They plan on having a more balanced offense this year with Blaine Gabbert throwing the ball a large amount of times, but they're still going to need a good running game to complement the pass. It would be extremely foolish not to bring him back.
He's a running back, his career could be over tomorrow. Yes he's an exceptional talent, but I'm saying look at the team around him. It's akin to the Lions holding onto Barry Sanders for all those years just to sell tickets. The Jaguars are just an awful franchise and have been since Brunell left. The money they would have to shell out to MJD could go to fix multiple holes in their team, not that I think their personnel department is competent enough to do that, just look at how crappy they've been. That franchise might not be long for Jacksonville.

My point is I see benefits to doing both.
 
Top