Googlez& The Fear Of Checking Your Thread!

BBB Banana

Fruits Punch Samurai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 3, 2009
Messages
6,103
Reaction score
4,043
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Fun Forum
Re: Googlez&!

Revive mine too :o
 

scav

MH's Most Passionate Member
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2010
Messages
11,919
Reaction score
10,372
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
Re: Googlez&!

there won't be a better tomorrow, if you can't move on from today

---------- Post added May 10, 2012 at 12:26 AM ---------- Previous post was May 09, 2012 at 11:33 AM ----------

still dead? :derp

---------- Post added at 05:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:26 AM ----------

still dead? don't u have any friend? :poke
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: Googlez&!

alpha you're so close to that celebrity status, keep going! :shin
 

alphabeta

Reviewer
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2011
Messages
2,551
Reaction score
1,844
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Russian Federation
Re: Googlez&!

Don't worry, bob, I will stop spamming after I reach 2500 :dancin
 

BBB Banana

Fruits Punch Samurai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 3, 2009
Messages
6,103
Reaction score
4,043
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Fun Forum
Re: Googlez&!

Hey Googz finally started listening to Portugal The Man. Gotta say they are very good I like their sound should have started earlier.
 

Googlez_kun

MH's Best Artist
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Oct 22, 2008
Messages
9,744
Reaction score
8,510
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: Googlez&!

Glad you like them!! What album/s did you listen to?I'm asking because each album is different, as they experiment a lot,especially in their earlier works( though each of them is still very good in its own right).
Also,I don't know if you had the same feeling, but when listening to their music it feels like listening to an abstract painting of sorts. They use sounds,words and pictures(the album covers) to spark your imagination, creating all sorts of visual sensations, similiar to the late Beatles.(In fact, the Beatles influenced them a lot,but I guess you noticed that already.That is if you listened to their latest albums like In the Mountain in the Cloud.)

Btw. epic sig you got there!(Too bad I'm righthanded...)
 

BBB Banana

Fruits Punch Samurai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 3, 2009
Messages
6,103
Reaction score
4,043
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Fun Forum
Re: Googlez&!

For now I've only listened to The Satanic Satanist. I like to listen to only one album at a time and give some time for the music to grow inside me.
Agree I like John's paintings and I realized he inspired you when it comes to use of colors XD
They remind me a lot of pink floyd too. I'd say they kinda feel like a mix of Chili Peppers with that alternative feel and the progressive feel of pink floyd.

Thanks choose something colorful as it fits my mood lately. Not only life has been going well in all fields I finally took the courage to do what I really want not sure why I changed my mind in the first place though.

Gonna do exams for architecture and design instead of engineering. I mean as much as I'm good with maths and physics it doesn't make my heart race as when I see beautiful works of art.

Well whichever I get in I'm sure I'll be a lot more happy as they are very art related.
 

Googlez_kun

MH's Best Artist
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Oct 22, 2008
Messages
9,744
Reaction score
8,510
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: Googlez&!

Sorry for the suuuper late reply(there's a reason my thread is dead...)

Yeah,I guess Pink Floyd fits pretty well. When you listen to some of their other albums, you'll also notice Led Zeppelin and the Mars Volta vibes.
So after listening to Satanic Satanist and In the Mountain in the Cloud, did you check out any other albums? One of my favourites is Censored Colors. Rather goes into the direction of soul and jazz with some psychedelic rock. American Ghetto is....strange. I don't really know how to describe it. It's simply weird. Waiter: You Vultures is probably even stranger, but not in the same way. It's crazy progressive rock. A lot rougher than their later albums.

---------- Post added at 09:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:38 PM ----------

I'm glad I recommended you a fitting band and I'm happy for you, as you're finally going the way your heart leads you and it even seems to work out.Great!
 

BBB Banana

Fruits Punch Samurai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 3, 2009
Messages
6,103
Reaction score
4,043
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Fun Forum
Re: Googlez&!

Still have only listened to these two albums and some random songs from other albums. Gonna buy the other albums soon though.

Yeah I'm happy too even my parents told me I should never have gone with what others told me. Fuck if I'mon the verge of beocming homeless I can always work at a supermarket cashier.
 

Naomi

MH's Most Beautiful Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 6, 2010
Messages
3,193
Reaction score
6,936
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fun Forum
Re: Googlez&!

I finished Twilight Princess.

The boss battle is so amazing.
 

Naomi

MH's Most Beautiful Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 6, 2010
Messages
3,193
Reaction score
6,936
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fun Forum
Re: Googlez&!

I finished Paprika.

What an insightful piece of art.
 

Googlez_kun

MH's Best Artist
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Oct 22, 2008
Messages
9,744
Reaction score
8,510
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: Googlez&!

I finished Twilight Princess.

The boss battle is so amazing.
Argh, I feel so bad. Still haven't finished it. It's not that I don't have the time, but I just can't get myself to turn on the Wii and get back into it. I'm too focused on other things right now.
I finished Paprika.

What an insightful piece of art.
Yay! I'm glad you liked it! Did you get everything? Because everybody I know who watched it is at least a little confused or did not quite understand something. But that's why it gets better with every time you watch it. You keep discovering new things; little hints and funny details.
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,223
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: Googlez&!

Yay! I'm glad you liked it! Did you get everything? Because everybody I know who watched it is at least a little confused or did not quite understand something. But that's why it gets better with every time you watch it. You keep discovering new things; little hints and funny details.
Huh? I (think I) understood everything. Maybe because I watched Inception? :amuse
 

Naomi

MH's Most Beautiful Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 6, 2010
Messages
3,193
Reaction score
6,936
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fun Forum
Re: Googlez&!

Argh, I feel so bad. Still haven't finished it. It's not that I don't have the time, but I just can't get myself to turn on the Wii and get back into it. I'm too focused on other things right now.
That's ok, I definitely understand that feeling. After the awesomeness that was Skyward Sword, I sort of had to force myself to play Twilight Princess again. It took me a while to get back into it. In the end, I think it was worth it. But you just have to do it when you feel like there's nothing better to do. XD I sound like an anti-Twilight Princess person now, but it's not true! It's an awesome game.

Yay! I'm glad you liked it! Did you get everything? Because everybody I know who watched it is at least a little confused or did not quite understand something. But that's why it gets better with every time you watch it. You keep discovering new things; little hints and funny details.
Well, I think I got the vast majority of what was going on. The only thing that got a little confusing to me was when reality started to cross with the dreamworld in the last 30 minutes or so of the movie. Was it really crossing over, or was it just happening inside of their heads? (Haha this reminds me of a VERY similar situation in the last novel of Harry Potter. How weird. XD) Maybe you could explain that one part to me a little more.

Huh? I (think I) understood everything. Maybe because I watched Inception? :amuse
Yeah! Haha. The entire time I was thinking "damnnn. Inception kind of ripped this anime off a little bit."
 

Naomi

MH's Most Beautiful Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 6, 2010
Messages
3,193
Reaction score
6,936
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fun Forum
Re: Googlez&!

Oh, I thought it lived up to the expectations Googz and Uste set out for it quite well! Despite having extremely high expectations for it, I was not disappointed at all. I thought it was very unique and well done.
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,223
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: Googlez&!

Yeah! Haha. The entire time I was thinking "damnnn. Inception kind of ripped this anime off a little bit."
It's pretty funny when you think about all the people who are all "wtf Inception" and you are like "Bitch, watch Paprika".

Oh, I thought it lived up to the expectations Googz and Uste set out for it quite well! Despite having extremely high expectations for it, I was not disappointed at all. I thought it was very unique and well done.
Yes. I really loved the freaky parade~

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Top