Fall NFL Thread

Imperium

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2007
Messages
5,221
Reaction score
10,351
Gender
Hidden
Country
Heard and McDonald Islands
Re: The NFL Thread

First NFL season for me, this will be fun.
 
  • Like
Reactions: xi0

BASED Shinigami

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2011
Messages
1,836
Reaction score
634
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: The NFL Thread

Wait I'm speaking too soon...are the Saints making a comeback.....

---------- Post added at 04:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:38 PM ----------

Never mind I was mistaken lol
 

kakashi919

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
2,311
Reaction score
1,988
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Re: The NFL Thread

Damn... Eagles barely won. Hope Tampa Bay can beat Carolina, I always like TB ^^
 

FrostyMouse

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 18, 2011
Messages
7,395
Reaction score
1,302
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Re: The NFL Thread

Who, other than 49ers fans, could have predicted that the Packers would lose to the 49ers. You know, I almost wanted to pick the 49ers, but I thought that it was too far of a stretch to pick...
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: The NFL Thread

I was actually thinking of taking them. But yeah, what-ifs don't matter.
 

FrostyMouse

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 18, 2011
Messages
7,395
Reaction score
1,302
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Re: The NFL Thread

Indeed. It's all about who you actually picked.
 

Charlie

SIGH-KO 🦄
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2009
Messages
14,758
Reaction score
26,063
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: The NFL Thread

Damn... Eagles barely won. Hope Tampa Bay can beat Carolina, I always like TB ^^
:scry

I ... I.... dunno what to say really.... a win is a win?
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: The NFL Thread

Charlie don't act like you care :notsure
 

Charlie

SIGH-KO 🦄
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2009
Messages
14,758
Reaction score
26,063
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: The NFL Thread

Charlie don't act like you care :notsure
I cant lie... half the game I was like....

filha da puta and the other times I was like.... va ao inferno

 

FrostyMouse

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 18, 2011
Messages
7,395
Reaction score
1,302
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Re: The NFL Thread

I got the 49ers beating the Packers, not Cam losing to TB.

I'm still pissed that I didn't get to see my Pats beating the Titans.
 

BASED Shinigami

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2011
Messages
1,836
Reaction score
634
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: The NFL Thread

Peyton Manning is BACK!!
 

FrostyMouse

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 18, 2011
Messages
7,395
Reaction score
1,302
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Re: The NFL Thread

Peyton played well, although the Steelers made some poor defensive plays.

---------- Post added at 11:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:50 PM ----------

Plus, Ryan Clark was absent because they were at Mile High, and that's a big defensive piece, as well as his leadership, that was missing.
 

predsfan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2008
Messages
843
Reaction score
121
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: The NFL Thread

I like Tebow, I really do, and I want him to succeed, but I can't stand the media attention that goes along with him. I was watching highlights of the Jets/Bills game, and they showed a highlight of Tebow lining up at tight end (that was the entire highlight), showed him running for a short gain, and receiving an onside kick in the late stages of a blowout. These were 3 of the most standard plays you'll ever see. I don't blame Tebow though, it's not his fault people have a hard on for the guy.

Anyways, rant over. Overall good day, though. Lions won (had me a really worried though), and Stafford looked like crap in the 1st half. Let's hope the 2nd half is more indicative of how he will play this year.

Bengals play tomorrow, here's hoping they can improve on last season. Also hoping for them to blow Baltimore out on MNF. Any Ravens fans in here :hurr

Edit: Almost forgot to comment on the home state team: Tennessee Titans all I have to say is :teehee
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: The NFL Thread

All I care about this morning is RGIII. It's not just the win, not just about the numbers, but the way he put up the numbers. It looks sustainable. He is not afraid of taking a hit, when the pocket collapses his mechanics do not break down. He already has a near Roethlisberger like ability to extend the play while still looking for an open receiver. His passes are accurate, leading the receiver to open space and YAC. Overall, incredibly impressive. I'm not predicting the Super Bowl, or even a winning record, but I have no doubt RGIII will live up to his potential.

I still hate Tebow BTW. I'm glad to see that Sanchez had a nice game, defusing Tebowmania a little, even if just for one week. I'm also thrilled to see Peyton back, and playing at a high level.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: The NFL Thread

Plus, Ryan Clark was absent because they were at Mile High, and that's a big defensive piece, as well as his leadership, that was missing.
Would people stop invoking Ryan Clark as a big loss please? The Steelers never have him when they play in Denver, since he's been a Steeler. The media and commentators never forget to mention his absence from the lineup when they play at a high altitude because he has Sickle Cell.

They mention him more than James Harrison being absent...JAMES HARRISON. Please. They guy is not Troy Polamalu. He's a good player and whenever a starter is absent it's something of note but I'm just sick of hearing his name so often. It's ridiculous.

Anyways, rant over. Overall good day, though. Lions won (had me a really worried though), and Stafford looked like crap in the 1st half. Let's hope the 2nd half is more indicative of how he will play this year.

Bengals play tomorrow, here's hoping they can improve on last season. Also hoping for them to blow Baltimore out on MNF. Any Ravens fans in here :hurr

Edit: Almost forgot to comment on the home state team: Tennessee Titans all I have to say is :teehee
If you're a Lions fan in Tennessee why do you care how the Bengals do this year? :huh

I'm a Ravens fan. I don't see how you could reasonably hope for any team to blow them out. Especially a divisional rival. AFC North games are never like that.

All I care about this morning is RGIII. It's not just the win, not just about the numbers, but the way he put up the numbers. It looks sustainable. He is not afraid of taking a hit, when the pocket collapses his mechanics do not break down. He already has a near Roethlisberger like ability to extend the play while still looking for an open receiver. His passes are accurate, leading the receiver to open space and YAC. Overall, incredibly impressive. I'm not predicting the Super Bowl, or even a winning record, but I have no doubt RGIII will live up to his potential.

I still hate Tebow BTW. I'm glad to see that Sanchez had a nice game, defusing Tebowmania a little, even if just for one week. I'm also thrilled to see Peyton back, and playing at a high level.
I know what you're trying to say here, but come dude :XD

One game.

Though he certainly impressed, that's for sure.
 

predsfan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2008
Messages
843
Reaction score
121
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: The NFL Thread

If you're a Lions fan in Tennessee why do you care how the Bengals do this year? :huh

I'm a Ravens fan. I don't see how you could reasonably hope for any team to blow them out. Especially a divisional rival. AFC North games are never like that.
Born in Detroit, Dad's from Cincy so I grew up rooting for Detroit and Cincy teams. Grew up in Tennessee, though we didn't have any professional teams for a while. Titan's never really grew on me, probably because they are a relocation team.

Anyways, I fully expect the Bengals to get their ass handed to em, but I like to dream of them blowing out the Ravens, my least favorite AFC team (probably due to division rivalries and what not).

Last but not least, how could I have forgotten to laugh derisively at the New Orleans Saints (I was hating on them before it was cool :p)
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: The NFL Thread

Wait, so why the Ravens and not the Steelers? :huh




Oh and btw...who are we losing to this year? :e3
 

Charlie

SIGH-KO 🦄
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2009
Messages
14,758
Reaction score
26,063
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: The NFL Thread

E A G L E... oh who am I kidding ... really. Ravens are going to smash us.
 
  • Like
Reactions: xi0

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,851
Reaction score
23,520
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: The NFL Thread

Terrible weekend. Steelers lost and Ravens won. That's like like losing twice for a Steelers fan.

It's also very depressing when your team is one injury away from Heath Miller stepping in on the O-line. That's not a good feeling.:(
 
Last edited:
Top