Pinoy Community v. 18

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Apparently, he isn't as classy as he likes to think. :D
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
you really didn't have to share your underwear binge, since most of us here are males, with the mindset of "if you can still wear it, don't replace it".

and yes it's true we do have a separate stack of undies we use in case we get to that "impress the ladies with your mint underwear" scenario.:super
huh. I always had the principle, if you feel sexy in your underwear, then you can wear anything.

And I'm the type who wears anything soooo... yan ang pinaghuhugutan ko. My confidence starts from there :fan

re: new guy- WELCOME!
there's a new guy???? :o

re:day off- I get weird days off too...and it changes each week; Sunday+Monday this week.
Two days off? wow what a luxury.

re:absence- I love doing prep, but working the entremetier station makes me prep for days in advance, only for it to be used up on the same day...the only up side is that my Globals finally arrived! :D
maselan na trabaho sa entremetier station... i think it's pretty similar to garde manger. You need to keep things fresh, can't prep too much or they'll spoil, etc. etc. etc. I hate it. >.>

re:boyfriend & living situation- it's his parent's fault. If they didn't sow seeds of separation anxiety, he wouldn't have this problem.
Exactly. that's why I've decided I'm going to be a tiger mother. And also, that I'll really send my kids to live in a dorm in college- it just gives your kid a different kind of education you know?

It may be hard to part with your children (my mom would cry sending us off for the first time to the city that is Manila for university), especially since they're only 15 or 16 at the time, plus you'll have added worries like "is my child going home at the right hours, is he still studying, is she keeping her virginity in check, is she eating right, is he with the right crowd, etc. etc" but there are things that you have to do to make them grow. :mono


@friendship
meh, i have friends since i was in elementary school, and most of them i still hang out with on weekends. we were the "geeky" squad for loving anime when it was still in its infancy. and we beat them up for it. yeah, we fill the "bully and geek" classroom niche pretty nicely. even into high school.
Well I still have my childhood friends... but I kept only one as like, a super friend. The bonds between the rest weakened when we drifted apart going to different universities. Which is really sad because whenever I came home I always wanted to reconnect, but it was a shame that they didn't feel that way.
 

mangadictus

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 9, 2006
Messages
3,217
Reaction score
225
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
well..

I don't know. It's like, maybe our situations are different.

What I feel towards my boyfriend naman, is that he's got separation issues... separation from parents. he's 28 years old and he's still living with his parents and he's coming up with all sorts of excuses to stay there. Including my working here in Makati.

I told him where I live or work is not really the issue here. The problem lies in the fact that he can't ever leave. So even if I go back to look for work there, I doubt he'd choose to move in with me- because, like i said, that's not the point.
yeah, totally different. and l4pb is right, parents are to be blamed since that mentality stems from his upbringing as a kid.

you really didn't have to share your underwear binge, since most of us here are males, with the mindset of "if you can still wear it, don't replace it".

and yes it's true we do have a separate stack of undies we use in case we get to that "impress the ladies with your mint underwear" scenario.:super
totally agree with this one. it's true that every guy has his own "paboritong brip"

huh. I always had the principle, if you feel sexy in your underwear, then you can wear anything.

And I'm the type who wears anything soooo... yan ang pinaghuhugutan ko. My confidence starts from there :fan
i can always tell if my girlfriend feels like this. then i would compliment her with "someone is feeling sexy in their undie today...", add that sinful stare, and then off we go. :)

on a totally unrelated note... spent 3500 on undies... I decided to just replace everything...
so.. where are the old ones now? :derp
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
i can always tell if my girlfriend feels like this. then i would compliment her with "someone is feeling sexy in their undie today...", add that sinful stare, and then off we go. :)
too bad you're an International Date Line away :derp


so.. where are the old ones now? :derp
I threw them out. In the bin. When I get rid of something I get rid of it. :oh
 

mangadictus

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 9, 2006
Messages
3,217
Reaction score
225
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
too bad you're an International Date Line away :derp
oh yeah, thank you for reminding me. damn. i miss my girlfriend..


I threw them out. In the bin. When I get rid of something I get rid of it. :oh
i just had to ask. LOL kase last night (friday night), we were so drunk that pinagtripan namin yung nakasalang sa dryer, undie ni ms. nurse. LOL my roomie got one, had each of us smell it (of course, mabango kase bagong laba, with matching downy pa). LOL di pa nakuntento, he wore it as a mask and did an impression of mask rider black on top of my bed. ROFL

told him the next morning that he just did a tribute to Ultimate!! ****** Kamen. hahahaha!
 

kuroihikari

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
1,273
Reaction score
542
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Just passin' by...

Kuro stopped posting, why???? :uguu

funny, I don't remember Paulo's nick either... OH WAIT! KTS? He was TM? Priest-san?
Heh, I got mod at another forum and have exams coming up (which I haven't seriously started studying for even though it's two months away). Everything's a friggin' mess. But I've got some manga cravings and almost everywhere else on the internet is just a messed up place for manga discussion, so I remembered MH :D
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
ooh modding somewhere eh? what section?

what exams are those? aren't you supposed to be over them?
 

kuroihikari

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
1,273
Reaction score
542
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
ooh modding somewhere eh? what section?

what exams are those? aren't you supposed to be over them?
Woah, still awake :D.

Oh, I'm not a mod here, but at pEX.

Yeah, I'm over students' exams, mostly. it's the first licensure exam for actuarial. I need something to show for what I know and I decided that a 14-exam licensure would be a fun way of accomplishing that :lol:
 

mangadictus

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 9, 2006
Messages
3,217
Reaction score
225
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
i believe the Lord blessed me this day..

1. boss told us earlier in the morning that there was going to be a tea party with the CEO, CIO and Chairman of the company. we thought it was just an open forum and business goals discussion. it also turned out to be an awarding of the top performers for august. my name was called. i felt like winning a very much coveted award. i was like shaking, trying not to freak out, and was smiling the entire time that my face was hurting. LOL and my prize was an iPad 2 (the best part of it was being recognized by the head of the company among my colleagues)

2. later in the afternoon, i received a call from an unknown number. it turned out to be the HR of www.gal.ae which i applied for an IT post a week ago. they scheduled me for an interview next monday the 24th around 1:30pm. (the best part of it was, a friend of mine witnessed how a document controller from her company transferred to www.gal.ae with the salary jumping from AED 6000 to AED 20000)

so, there.. Thank you Lord...
 

Imperium

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2007
Messages
5,221
Reaction score
10,351
Gender
Hidden
Country
Heard and McDonald Islands
That website just took me down a rabbit hole into the world of "Emiratisation"...
 

mangadictus

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 9, 2006
Messages
3,217
Reaction score
225
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
you serious about that Imp? they are mass hiring.
 

Imperium

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2007
Messages
5,221
Reaction score
10,351
Gender
Hidden
Country
Heard and McDonald Islands
Yea I didnt know it was actual government policy. It makes sense and explains a lot of things I saw in the region though, but I can guess why the private sector is not biting , its a fast track to uncompetitiveness.
 

kuroihikari

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
1,273
Reaction score
542
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Yeah, I first head about that in Saudi. They require a certain percentage of employees to be locals, but then realize that there just aren't enough locals who are qualified for those jobs.

If the UAE adopted the policy too then that means their governments still think it's a good idea despite the impracticality. Overall, I wouldn't think the region is a good candidate for a long-term career. It's not a bad idea to move there, just not for the long term.
 

mangadictus

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 9, 2006
Messages
3,217
Reaction score
225
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
its 30% over FTE required by emiratisation. it is already being adopted tho. and only applicable on private firms. govt office doesnt have that restriction.
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Oh, I'm not a mod here, but at pEX.
pinoy exchange?

Yeah, I'm over students' exams, mostly. it's the first licensure exam for actuarial. I need something to show for what I know and I decided that a 14-exam licensure would be a fun way of accomplishing that :lol:
lol indeed. 14 exams is a killer. But do whatever you like :cookiehand



Congratulations MD! :confetti payaman ka na, para tumahimik na girlfriend mo hehe.
 

mangadictus

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 9, 2006
Messages
3,217
Reaction score
225
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
haha sana nga bb. pero iba talaga pag stable ka na. peace of mind talaga yan. inshallah.
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
oh, no date range yet for RK movie in SM?
 

kuroihikari

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
1,273
Reaction score
542
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
pinoy exchange?
Yep.

oh, no date range yet for RK movie in SM?
Labo nga, e. The original FB post from SM Cinemas said Oct. 17, but I can't find the photo anymore :(. I can't believe they can show random kpop movies and not show something a lot of professionals would watch.

By the time they decide, they would have so little time to advertise.
 

mangadictus

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 9, 2006
Messages
3,217
Reaction score
225
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
buki-a jud nko. wa pa gi ablihan ang iPad. LOL
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
i think MD is drunk and speaking Ilonggo or something... :notsure
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top