Shounen Nisekoi by Naoshi Komi

masgrande

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2009
Messages
668
Reaction score
127
Gender
Male
Country
Puerto Rico
Re: Nisekoi by KOMI Naoshi

Finally Onodera is taking a risk and not just going with the flow, I really want to see what happens next and what is Chitoge going to do.
 

Doraku

Repenting Smut Peddler
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 22, 2012
Messages
5,762
Reaction score
1,701
Gender
Male
Country
The Wall
Re: Nisekoi by KOMI Naoshi

Well, I guess that Chitoge is going to be depressed by it. Raku would not kiss Onodera all of a sudden anyway, but I guess Onodera's request make their relationship status gonna change. Who expect that Onodera is going to take such bold action? I expected Chitoge would make a decisive action towards Raku faster than Onodera, but boy I was wrong.
 

Googlez_kun

MH's Best Artist
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Oct 22, 2008
Messages
9,744
Reaction score
8,510
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: Nisekoi by KOMI Naoshi

Just something I wanted to mention: It was nice that Komi did not actually show the boobgrabbing-scene. Glad he doesn't feel the need for unnecessary ecchi in his manga.
 

MangaPage

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 25, 2012
Messages
81
Reaction score
44
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Re: Nisekoi by KOMI Naoshi

Wow, this really was straightforward... This is the aspect I like the most in Onodera: she's quite shy normally but then sometimes is really daring and that surprises you. I think this contrast is her main quality as a manga character. Things are starting to advance too. Like Googlez and Doraku said, Raku probably won't kiss her, but I hope he will realize she likes him, or at least suspect that (if Onodera comes up with a lame excuse and says something like "I didn't mean it", which would upset me; well, I expect something more interesting from Nisekoi). I also imagine Chitoge will leave when she hears that and will end up thinking they actually kissed. Anyway, she'll be irritated, and will finally have to admit to herself that she likes Raku. Can't wait for next chapter.

How long can you guys picture this series running for? Somwhere around 80+ for me.
I guess it has the potential to have around 100 chapters (about 12 volumes). Anyway, probably between 80 and 110 for me.
 

Knifeshade

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 26, 2010
Messages
716
Reaction score
622
Gender
Hidden
Country
Hong Kong
Re: Nisekoi by KOMI Naoshi

I like where this is going, now that there's a bit more drama in the series. Though I can't see it lasting long before we get back to a comedic routine again. Sigh.

Chitoge, after realizing she may be in love, asks Raku if he can see them becoming a real couple....and Raku replies saying he can't see it.
 

masgrande

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2009
Messages
668
Reaction score
127
Gender
Male
Country
Puerto Rico
Re: Nisekoi by KOMI Naoshi

I was expecting him to say he didn't like her, but I never expected him to start listing all of her personality traits and telling her how he dislikes each and everyone of them atleast when Chitoge insults him she normally just says she hates him and doesn't pick apart his personality. I was also kind of disappointed that we didn't really get more Onodera/Raku teasing, when an author starts to focus on one girl to much it makes it kind boring since you know who the final girl is going to be and it makes having other girls kind of redundant.
 

Doraku

Repenting Smut Peddler
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 22, 2012
Messages
5,762
Reaction score
1,701
Gender
Male
Country
The Wall
Re: Nisekoi by KOMI Naoshi

I think that's normal though. Raku already reiterates what are Chitoge's qualities that he dislikes since several chapters ago. During Chitoge's birthday party, for example. It's an expected reaction from him since Chitoge is the one who being "hostile" first. What I'm kinda disappointed of is the fact that Onodera is unconsciously saying that kiss words. Forced in some ways, and it does not give any impact toward the story since Chitoge also didn't clearly hear it.

Well for your second point, do you think that we already know who will be the final girl since chapter one? Because I think so. Another girls are introduced for plot-expansion purposes. So I think it's not redundant at all.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Nii

masgrande

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2009
Messages
668
Reaction score
127
Gender
Male
Country
Puerto Rico
Re: Nisekoi by KOMI Naoshi

I think that's normal though. Raku already reiterates what are Chitoge's qualities that he dislikes since several chapters ago. During Chitoge's birthday party, for example. It's an expected reaction from him since Chitoge is the one who being "hostile" first. What I'm kinda disappointed of is the fact that Onodera is unconsciously saying that kiss words. Forced in some ways, and it does not give any impact toward the story since Chitoge also didn't clearly hear it.
I think that it was bacause of her reaction that I ended up saying that, but it's true Raku answer was pretty normal for what we have seen in the manga. I got to agree with you over the kiss thing; Onodera said by accident , Raku didn't heard it and Chitoge though they were talking about food. That scene serve no purpose other than to have a shocking cliffhanger, that really was disapointing.


Well for your second point, do you think that we already know who will be the final girl since chapter one? Because I think so. Another girls are introduced for plot-expansion purposes. So I think it's not redundant at all.
In the beginning I would have said that both Chitoge and Onodera had the almost the same chance of beign the final girl, Chitoge was a little ahead because she is the female lead but Raku didn't really see her that way at that point. I understand the other girls are introduced for plot-expansion purposes, but Onodera was there since chapter one and it looked like she was being set up to be a real competition and not just some character to make Chitoge get jealous and help her realize her feelings and if she truly has zero chances it kind of makes her interactions with Raku kind of useless since it doesn't help her grow as a character like with Tsugumi and it isn't just for comedy like with Marika.
 

Dark Matter

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Mar 1, 2012
Messages
24
Reaction score
1
Gender
Hidden
Country
Dominican Republic
Re: Nisekoi by KOMI Naoshi

Felt like wacking Ichijou from behind just to wake him up in this chapter... Kinda suckz more that even Chitoge didn't catch what she said properly either. Would've been interesting for me to see some drama between them, but hopefully even that's not too far from the future.
 

Googlez_kun

MH's Best Artist
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Oct 22, 2008
Messages
9,744
Reaction score
8,510
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: Nisekoi by KOMI Naoshi

New chapters arrived!

Kinda feels as if the manga is reaching a final conclusion here. The situation is tense and getting worse and worse.
I still have no doubt they'll end up together, though.
 

Doraku

Repenting Smut Peddler
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 22, 2012
Messages
5,762
Reaction score
1,701
Gender
Male
Country
The Wall
Re: Nisekoi by KOMI Naoshi

New chapters arrived!

Kinda feels as if the manga is reaching a final conclusion here. The situation is tense and getting worse and worse.
I still have no doubt they'll end up together, though.
Be glad that your Nisekoi nightmare does not come true.

I know that Chitoge and Raku are going to resolve this, but not this fast. To be honest I'm quite disappointed by the fact that Chitoge would replace Onodera in the play. I'm still anticipating the play, hopefully it would be hilarious after the intense drama that we have been reading for the last couple of weeks.
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,223
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: Nisekoi by KOMI Naoshi

Well I'm glad Komi ended the drama now, anything more would have been annoying to me. The drama was done in a good and believable way but I dislike if it goes on for too long, especially if it's the usual case of both characters just not being honest and misjudging the others feelings :s And while I did enjoy the solution (Chitoge and Raku back to back :zomg) I thought it was silly for Onodera to have a sprain, seemed kinda forced and cheap =/ even though I prefer Chitoge I feel really sorry for her

Looking forward to the play though, Raku and Chitoge in action is always nice :nod
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,859
Reaction score
23,527
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Nisekoi by KOMI Naoshi

I had a strange reaction to this little run of dramatic chapters. It made me dislike Onodera. Which really seems like a peculiar change of opinion for me, given what happened during that time.

I found myself getting kinda bored of her.
 

Googlez_kun

MH's Best Artist
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Oct 22, 2008
Messages
9,744
Reaction score
8,510
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: Nisekoi by KOMI Naoshi

Chapter 49 is out.

Well, didn't really expect that. Seems the manga is just starting. Don't really know what to think of it. I don't want this to drag out. Chitoge ending up with Raku seems like a given, now that she's aware of her love for him and the others, even Onodera, don't stand a chance anymore.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Doraku

Repenting Smut Peddler
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 22, 2012
Messages
5,762
Reaction score
1,701
Gender
Male
Country
The Wall
Re: Nisekoi by KOMI Naoshi

Komi seems effectively utilizing his lead color opportunity to make a wonderful chapter. Glad that this chapter is semi-gag, as I predicted before. Marisa's appearance is the funniest among all, especially when she fainted in the end. The last page is the highlighted part of this chapter, both of them are really cool on that last page. Since Chitoge already admitted her love for Raku, I wonder what would be the main conflict then? I prefer that the story does not contain too much drama between Chitoge and Onodera in the future, to be honest.
 

Drmke

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 22, 2009
Messages
4,224
Reaction score
1,235
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Palestine
Re: Nisekoi by KOMI Naoshi

I'm not sure how you guys can feel this series is getting drug out when it has only been going for a year. Sure most of the initial conflicts seem to be resolving but I can only imagine Naoshi and his editors have made a plan for more than a year's worth of story. I'm kinda excited because I have no idea what will happen next. Though I'll probably be a little disappointed if Nisekoi starts going down the typical RomCom route with mostly one-chapter stories without any real progression.
 

Googlez_kun

MH's Best Artist
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Oct 22, 2008
Messages
9,744
Reaction score
8,510
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: Nisekoi by KOMI Naoshi

I'm not sure how you guys can feel this series is getting drug out when it has only been going for a year. Sure most of the initial conflicts seem to be resolving but I can only imagine Naoshi and his editors have made a plan for more than a year's worth of story. I'm kinda excited because I have no idea what will happen next. Though I'll probably be a little disappointed if Nisekoi starts going down the typical RomCom route with mostly one-chapter stories without any real progression.
That's exactly what I'm afraid of. Just like you, I have no idea what will happen next, but that seems to be the most likely possibility and I don't want that. So rather end it now before dragging it out too long. We'll see how this will continue. I'm excited.
 

Knifeshade

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 26, 2010
Messages
716
Reaction score
622
Gender
Hidden
Country
Hong Kong
Re: Nisekoi by KOMI Naoshi

We haven't seen Raku reciprocate Chitoge's feelings yet? That seems like the natural thing to happen next, he hasn't realized he likes her too.

Though I can see where Googlez is getting at. Reminds me of Love Hina, the male and female leads get to the point where they know they like each other...but (questionable) "obstacles" pop up anyway, and it just feels dragged out.
 

MangaPage

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 25, 2012
Messages
81
Reaction score
44
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Re: Nisekoi by KOMI Naoshi

What a great chapter :). I consider this chapter to be the best in a long while and one of the best in the whole story. It was really refreshing and funny but at the same time a bit moving.

As Googlez I’m a bit worried of it being too episodic, but I trust I won’t be disappointed in Komi. I think the next few chapters will have to be episodic, but not for too long. Let's just hope Nisekoi continues to be an enjoyable read.

The Romeo and Juliet play was quite well chosen too: Raku and Chitoge’s families have a similar situation, tough different in some points. Their families are worst enemies and were always fighting each other, but in this case the supposed love of Raku and Chitoge prevents them from engaging in war. I’m rooting for a double-suicide ending :zomg.
 
Top