Movies The Movie Thread! - Continuation

Status
Not open for further replies.

juUnior

Intl Translator
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 17, 2006
Messages
5,153
Reaction score
1,771
Gender
Male
Country
Poland
Doraku said:
Do we still have any anticipated movies for this year? Apart from Skyfall and Lincoln.
Hobbit, maybe, at the end of the world/2012 <though I'm not looking forward to this I would like to, heh :p>
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,292
Reaction score
24,926
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
I loved the first Taken too <though this one will be made by different director so I'm a little nervous.. :p>


<3

"The whole thing is just about as bad as bruce wayne denying for no coherent reason infinite clean energy to the world in the nolan trilogy."
What you mean by that, kkck? I've seen TDKR and I don't have any idea what you're referring to - yes, he did 'deny' infinite clean energy thingy but he had his reasons if I recall correctly
He had "reasons" however each and every reason to do everything he did was stupid beyond what we should expect of a polymath genius such as bruce wayne. His reason for denying the world infinite clean energy was that his device could be turned into a nuclear bomb. But so what? USA, rusia, china and several other nations ALREADY HAVE enough warheads to destroy the world several times over each. Thats a lot of nuclear bombs which are already there. The difference between bruce's nuclear bomb and the ones we have is that the ones we have do not magically generate infinite energy for anyone. Worst case scenario is that old normal nuclear bombs become obsolete and nations get the new ones which serve as weapons AND the added benefit of infinite energy. That is without taking in consideration that the security measures of where he kept the device were far inferior to the ones that you would see in a regular modern nuclear facility. So he ended up denying the world the possibility of ending global warming only to keep his device with far less security than even the government would have.
 

Riku

Dirty Blonde
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Nov 24, 2007
Messages
3,735
Reaction score
17,766
Country
Torumekian Empire
Do we still have any anticipated movies for this year? Apart from Skyfall and Lincoln.
Django, Seven Psychopaths, Goro Miyzakis new film slowly covering rest of the world. Well, I anticipate those.

If we are talking about big mainstream hype, Breaking Dawn Part 2 and The Hobbit.
 

juUnior

Intl Translator
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 17, 2006
Messages
5,153
Reaction score
1,771
Gender
Male
Country
Poland
@kkck
"He had "reasons" however each and every reason to do everything he did was stupid beyond what we should expect of a polymath genius such as bruce wayne. His reason for denying the world infinite clean energy was that his device could be turned into a nuclear bomb. But so what? USA, rusia, china and several other nations ALREADY HAVE enough warheads to destroy the world several times over each."
Well, you see it only in the context of the real world itself - I see it from the point of view of the rest of the movie: Bruce Wayne's predictions were correct, someone wanted to use this device to BOOM out Gotham etc.

"That is without taking in consideration that the security measures of where he kept the device were far inferior to the ones that you would see in a regular modern nuclear facility. So he ended up denying the world the possibility of ending global warming only to keep his device with far less security than even the government would have."
There was ANY security? I thought only he and Lucius Fox <and maybe Alfred, as always> knew about this device.. so security was not needed <of course not counting whatever security he had in his building>

Still, I agree with your reasoning - it makes no sense for him to not give it to ppl.. Nolan would be better to tell back then in the movie that Bruce Wayne makes prototype of infinite clean energy and he's testing it in secret <or sth, when he explained the details to Talia if I recall correctly>

Ustegius said:
big mainstream hype, Breaking Dawn Part 2
xDxDxD I'm looking forward to this one as well, how could I forgot :p

About Django of Tarantino.. for once, it premieres in Poland in January of 2013 so I didn't count it, and.. well, going by problems on the set and whatever I read on a web I must say that his spaghetti western may be not as good as I hope it will be. Though I still want to see it xD
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,292
Reaction score
24,926
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
@kkck
"He had "reasons" however each and every reason to do everything he did was stupid beyond what we should expect of a polymath genius such as bruce wayne. His reason for denying the world infinite clean energy was that his device could be turned into a nuclear bomb. But so what? USA, rusia, china and several other nations ALREADY HAVE enough warheads to destroy the world several times over each."
Well, you see it only in the context of the real world itself - I see it from the point of view of the rest of the movie: Bruce Wayne's predictions were correct, someone wanted to use this device to BOOM out Gotham etc.

"That is without taking in consideration that the security measures of where he kept the device were far inferior to the ones that you would see in a regular modern nuclear facility. So he ended up denying the world the possibility of ending global warming only to keep his device with far less security than even the government would have."
There was ANY security? I thought only he and Lucius Fox <and maybe Alfred, as always> knew about this device.. so security was not needed <of course not counting whatever security he had in his building>

Still, I agree with your reasoning - it makes no sense for him to not give it to ppl.. Nolan would be better to tell back then in the movie that Bruce Wayne makes prototype of infinite clean energy and he's testing it in secret <or sth, when he explained the details to Talia if I recall correctly>
Well, isn't the whole point of the nolan trilogy to have a batman which makes sense in the real world to some extent? More so, the prediction would be right in the real world too. Would there be someone out there who wants to take over a nuclear plant and do some damage? of course there would, the real world is has its share of insane people too. And the fact is that to this day no one has started a nuclear war for a reason. Adding the device to the mix would not suddenly make everyone want to bomb each other.

Thats exactly the point. The security was limited to a few old men and a secret. How is this reasonable at all? Not only he keep something rather dangerous (the very reactions which power up the sun) under negligible security but the negligible security was a secret and a few old men. It does not matter that the device was a secret, what matters is that he kept a fully armed nuclear device active for no reason in a basement with no security at all. That is not what a billionaire polymath genius should do. Of course there is also the huge technical issue that changing a few wires makes the device go nuclear. Why not build it so that cannot be done? Or that at least it should be grosser negligence than the security involved in protecting the secret that can cause the device to maybe go nuclear. The device itself was in the end more than poorly built. And bruce kept it functional in a basement.
 

juUnior

Intl Translator
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 17, 2006
Messages
5,153
Reaction score
1,771
Gender
Male
Country
Poland
@kkck, ok, I see your point and I don't have any arguments to say that I don't agree either because what you wrote is true. STILL, I wrote that he had his arguments because when I was watching TDKR I wasn't thinking it was a bad idea at all :p When the movie will come out on dvd/br I will watch it once again and will look into it in more detail xD
 

BASED Shinigami

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2011
Messages
1,836
Reaction score
634
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I was looking at a couple of reviews for DREDD and this comic movie seems pretty legit. Here's one down below.

 
Last edited by a moderator:

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Pacific Rim by Guilermo Del Toro is being converted to 3D post production.

In another news, I didn't know Michael Bay was making a 4th Transformers? And it will pick up right after Dark of the Moon. :oh
 

BASED Shinigami

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2011
Messages
1,836
Reaction score
634
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Anyone see Taken 2? I've heard from numerous people that it's not as good as the first! damn....
 

Saint Markus

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 21, 2008
Messages
1,131
Reaction score
195
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I saw "Looper" last weekend. It's was alright and Bruce Willis was barely in the film.

Emily Blunt is HOT!!!.
 

thornofcarrion

The Original
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Dec 23, 2008
Messages
11,706
Reaction score
5,872
Gender
Male
Country
Pakistan
The Expendables 2 was really horrendous. Nothing different from the its predecessor. And my god, they killed so many people without getting any grave injury at all.
 

juUnior

Intl Translator
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 17, 2006
Messages
5,153
Reaction score
1,771
Gender
Male
Country
Poland
The Expendables 2 ftw! It was a nice action-packed film, cool gags and uber awesome villain this time - I didn't expect anything more than that, just a copy-paste from nr1 with more booms/more fights/etc. In this aspect that movie is just awesome xD
 

BASED Shinigami

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2011
Messages
1,836
Reaction score
634
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I saw Sinister yesterday I'm not going to lie it scared me a little. I jumped in my seat quite a few times.

---------- Post added at 08:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:23 PM ----------

I plan on seeing paranormal activity 4 later this week.....hopefully I'm trying to get my GF to go with me don't want to go alone lol
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
The state of horror movies is pretty sad when a movie like that is popular. Just my opinion.
 

BASED Shinigami

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2011
Messages
1,836
Reaction score
634
Gender
Male
Country
United States
You don't like paranormal activity?
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,292
Reaction score
24,926
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
The Expendables 2 was really horrendous. Nothing different from the its predecessor. And my god, they killed so many people without getting any grave injury at all.
I saw that movie just now. Well, wasn't it supposed to be exactly like that? Chuck norris cracked me up honestly lol
 

thornofcarrion

The Original
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Dec 23, 2008
Messages
11,706
Reaction score
5,872
Gender
Male
Country
Pakistan
I saw that movie just now. Well, wasn't it supposed to be exactly like that? Chuck norris cracked me up honestly lol
Yep, I wasn't expecting anything exceptional. There were some funny scenes...too many stars from the past.
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,292
Reaction score
24,926
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
Never bothered seeing it. I just think too much horror movies rely on startling people, instead of the deeper, more unsettling things. That's true horror.
What would you consider a good horror movie?
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
What would you consider a good horror movie?
Well there are the classics, like Halloween. That type of movie isn't bad at all, it's just been done to death. I think the Japanese also do horror really well, The Ring, The Grudge, Audition. I think the first Saw movie was fantastic. I also liked The Blair Witch Project, but that also spawned a bunch of copies, like Paranormal Activity.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top