Hi

Miihoo

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Mar 1, 2013
Messages
12
Reaction score
8
Gender
Female
Country
England
Hello there.

New to MangaHelpers.

Found this forum when I was looking up getting into translation. I'd like to help out with translating manga, and just generally discuss manga/anime with people too.

A little about me...
I'm 19 (20 next month...T_T), studying Computer Animation & Visual Effects at Uni, and have been studying Japanese independently for about 5 years. I like video games, manga, languages and art.

I'm nice, I don't bite.

Nice to meet you all.
 

Adorien

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 9, 2008
Messages
4,137
Reaction score
7,525
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Bulgaria
Hello there.

New to MangaHelpers.

Found this forum when I was looking up getting into translation. I'd like to help out with translating manga, and just generally discuss manga/anime with people too.
Hello, and welcome to our home, Mangahelpers! :confetti I bet you'll have a lof of fun here, and this is the place to help and get help with translations of manga. (I haven't been paid for advertising.)

I'd also love to be a translator, but I lack in Japanese skills. So I hope you can help me as well in the future, when I become a translator. ^^

I'm 19 (20 next month...T_T), studying Computer Animation & Visual Effects at Uni, and have been studying Japanese independently for about 5 years. I like video games, manga, languages and art.
There there! :comfort I know how you feel, leaving your teenage years behind. When I turned 20 last year, I was feeling really blue because of it. xD But I'm a child at heart and I think and hope that I will always carry that. And you could too. ^^

And we have the same interests in general! :zomg The art I like the most is music. But I am no artist. xD

I'm nice, I don't bite.
Ah, but we do. :3c


Nice to meet you too, happy posting!
 

Faust

Artist
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 4, 2010
Messages
5,120
Reaction score
20,234
Gender
Male
Country
Winterfell
Welcome :confetti

What are your favorite mangas/animes?
 

Charlie

SIGH-KO 🦄
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2009
Messages
14,757
Reaction score
26,048
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Whats your favorite manhwa?
 

Miihoo

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Mar 1, 2013
Messages
12
Reaction score
8
Gender
Female
Country
England
Adorien

Thanks for the warm welcome.

Adorien said:
I'd also love to be a translator, but I lack in Japanese skills. So I hope you can help me as well in the future, when I become a translator. ^^
Of course! I'd love to help. Part of the reason I decided to join here was so I could learn and share my knowledge with others. Sharing is caring!

Adorien said:
There there! I know how you feel, leaving your teenage years behind. When I turned 20 last year, I was feeling really blue because of it. xD But I'm a child at heart and I think and hope that I will always carry that. And you could too. ^
It's reassuring to hear that. I too, am still a child at heart. In my head, I'm still 16! It's like, how can I be 20 already? It doesn't make sense. But alas, age is only a number! We can just keep telling ourselves that... ;)

Adorien said:
And we have the same interests in general! The art I like the most is music. But I am no artist. xD
Yay! I love music too. What music do you listen to? I'm not much of an artist either, in all honesty. I love to draw and appreciate other peoples work, but I am terrible at it. My University course is really honing my skills, though.

Adorien said:
Ah, but we do.


Nice to meet you too, happy posting!
Uh oh...

Thanks again!


X3D2YFaust said:
Welcome

What are your favorite mangas/animes?
Thank you.

My favourite manga... hmm.
- Claymore
- Elfen Lied
- Bakuman
- Gantz
- Uzumaki
- Ghost talkers day dreamers
- Angel Beats! Heavens Door
- Pandora Hearts

Anime...

- Bleach
- Ouran High School Host Club
- Gunslinger Girl
- Angel Beats!
- Clannad (and After story)
- High School of the Dead
- Mirai Nikki
- Lucky Star
- Kei-on!

:)

Charlie said:
Whats your favorite manhwa?
Manhwa, that's Korean right? I've never read any Korean manhwa unfortunately, so cannot say.
 

Charlie

SIGH-KO 🦄
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2009
Messages
14,757
Reaction score
26,048
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Yes, its Korean. Try reading some Noblesse and Tower of God and see what you think.
 

Miihoo

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Mar 1, 2013
Messages
12
Reaction score
8
Gender
Female
Country
England
Yes, its Korean. Try reading some Noblesse and Tower of God and see what you think.
Thanks for the recommendation, I'll be sure to check it out :)
 

Charlie

SIGH-KO 🦄
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2009
Messages
14,757
Reaction score
26,048
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Thanks for the recommendation, I'll be sure to check it out :)

Hopefully you'll be a successful convert to manhwa-ism.


:swoon:moshin
 

Faust

Artist
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 4, 2010
Messages
5,120
Reaction score
20,234
Gender
Male
Country
Winterfell
I'm nice, I don't bite.
:lmao

Thank you.

My favourite manga... hmm.
- Claymore
- Elfen Lied
- Bakuman
- Gantz
- Uzumaki
- Ghost talkers day dreamers
- Angel Beats! Heavens Door
- Pandora Hearts

Anime...

- Bleach
- Ouran High School Host Club
- Gunslinger Girl
- Angel Beats!
- Clannad (and After story)
- High School of the Dead
- Mirai Nikki
- Lucky Star
- Kei-on!

:)
Majority of the mangas you mentioned are completed right? Besides Gantz and Claymore that is still on going?
Any other mangas you are currently reading at the moment?

PS:

Miihoo

Does your username Miihoo came from Miho of My Girlfriend is a Gumiho?
 
Last edited:

faintsmile1992

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2011
Messages
509
Reaction score
193
Gender
Female
Country
Casterly Rock
Welcome, I'm a 20yo female from England too, but I don't know what the difference between 16 and 20 is though cause you're not an adult till you're like boring and 23. Claymore and Elfen Lied must be two of my favourites too.
 

Miihoo

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Mar 1, 2013
Messages
12
Reaction score
8
Gender
Female
Country
England
:lmao



Majority of the mangas you mentioned are completed right? Besides Gantz and Claymore that is still on going?
Any other mangas you are currently reading at the moment?

PS:

Miihoo

Does your username Miihoo came from Miho of My Girlfriend is a Gumiho?
Yeah, indeed they are. Due to University, I don't read as much now, but as of yesterday I began reading "Bloody Monday". I think that's finished too... haha.

Ah, what a coincidence. My name is from Bakuman, one of the characters in it is called Miho. Miho was already taken so I extended "ii" and "oo", and came out with this Korean looking name, haha.
 

benelori

The Hero MH Deserves
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2009
Messages
14,233
Reaction score
10,775
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Romania
Welcome, welcome!!! :confetti

Has anyone linked you to this awesome section yet? Be sure to check it out!:D

How did you get into Japanese, and what are you actually studying at uni? I might ask some Unity 3D questions in the future, depending on the answers...
 

Zasz

Bishoujo Collector
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 17, 2012
Messages
7,072
Reaction score
5,797
Country
Marine Headquarters
Welcome to MH, even if a bit late.
Hope that you will have a lot of fun here. :super
 

Faust

Artist
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 4, 2010
Messages
5,120
Reaction score
20,234
Gender
Male
Country
Winterfell
Yeah, indeed they are. Due to University, I don't read as much now, but as of yesterday I began reading "Bloody Monday". I think that's finished too... haha.

Ah, what a coincidence. My name is from Bakuman, one of the characters in it is called Miho. Miho was already taken so I extended "ii" and "oo", and came out with this Korean looking name, haha.
Ah!
Azuki Miho from Bakuman

Mashiro Moritaka's
wife
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
English person! welcome! :confetti

How do you entertain yourself in your city? what are the standout things there?
 
Top