Info HxH News! 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

kindredxiuxiu

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 13, 2012
Messages
2,153
Reaction score
1,186
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Those are some AWESOME character designs.

Also, I like the layout of that poster with the gungi pieces and everything. The expressions on everyone's faces pretty much sums up their state of minds through the arc (i.e. determined Gon, morose Killua, Netero looks like a boss).

I think they're going to give Pitou a female seiyuu. The way he's drawn here makes him seem very feminine. I mean, he clearly has breasts in that side view.

Guys, I can't wait for GI to be over. I want this arc now.
 
Last edited:

HybridBloodsZak

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Sep 23, 2012
Messages
177
Reaction score
282
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Those are some AWESOME character designs.

Also, I like the layout of that poster with the gungi pieces and everything. The expressions on everyone's faces pretty much sums up their state of minds through the arc (i.e. determined Gon, morose Killua, Netero looks like a boss).

I think they're going to give Pitou a female seiyuu. The way he's drawn here makes him seem very feminine. I mean, he clearly has breasts in that side view.

Guys, I can't wait for GI to be over. I want this arc now.
The poster of Gungi and some of the major players give me an Empire Strikes Back vibe

My body isn't ready to handle this truly epic arc, that word gets thrown around a lot but this is one of the cases it actually is an epoch. Togashi had a self contained story he wanted to tell and he did it in rarely seen fashion that left me satisfied by the end

Not perfect by any stretch but you still have to marvel at what Togashi makes the reader go through in this story arc and soon to be tv viewers all over the world
 
Last edited:

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,687
Reaction score
61,399
Gender
Male
Country
France
HXH fans are finally rewarded for their patience(even if we don't have choice).People will finally stop to compare MH anime with the old one.And we have a perfect studio with awesome drawings and animation unlike One Piece and Naruto:3c.I AM READY FOR THE NEXT ARC! BRING IT MADHOUSE!:gar.
 

zzigg

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 21, 2012
Messages
502
Reaction score
278
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
EPICNESS EVERYWHERE!!!
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,687
Reaction score
61,399
Gender
Male
Country
France
I think they're going to give Pitou a female seiyuu. The way he's drawn here makes him seem very feminine. I mean, he clearly has breasts in that side view.

Guys, I can't wait for GI to be over. I want this arc now.
I always said Pitou was a girl.it is confirmed by MH now:nerd.

ABout the VA.At first I thought Takaya Kuroda(Razor's VA) would be Yupi's VA.For Meruem,I would like Akira Ishida,I think his voice fits him but I wouldn't be against Jun Fukuyama too.
Every time i read the scene where Meruem laughs during his fight with Netero I can't help but hear his voice:zomg.
 

Crude

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 16, 2007
Messages
2,698
Reaction score
693
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal


Sad Killua Is Sad

Anyway this is indeed an awesome poster, however there are two things I dislike about it:

1. Pitou's colour scheme. I don't know about you guys but to me it just screams bland...
2. Maybe it's the poor image quality, but the poster seems to suggest that the anime is returning the awful washed-out colours used in the Yorknew arc, and I hated those colours! Hunter x Hunter is supposed to be vibrant! That's why the colour pages are so colourful and lively!
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,223
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Sad Killua Is Sad

Anyway this is indeed an awesome poster, however there are two things I dislike about it:

1. Pitou's colour scheme. I don't know about you guys but to me it just screams bland...
2. Maybe it's the poor image quality, but the poster seems to suggest that the anime is returning the awful washed-out colours used in the Yorknew arc, and I hated those colours! Hunter x Hunter is supposed to be vibrant! That's why the colour pages are so colourful and lively!
As exciting as the page is, I wouldn't give it too much importance. I've always been rather meh towards promotional posters or faces from Hunter x Hunter but when we get to see everything in motion it usually looks pretty to damn good :zomg

But I guess it will look a bit more washed-out at points because that's just the feeling the Chimera Ant Arc delivers at some point. Greed Island mostly is vibrant, because of it's adventure feeling and portraying but I'm sure you're well aware of the difference compared to the next arc :3c Not saying I don't prefer vibrant colors but as long as the colors match the mood I'm perfectly fine with whatever they're choosing. I have faith Madhouse will make the right decisions :nod
 

Crude

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 16, 2007
Messages
2,698
Reaction score
693
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
^ I agree, it's just that to me it looked like there was consistently bad weather in Yorknew, thus the dull colours. It's as if everything up until (and after) Yorknew was a sunny day, then suddenly it got cloud. There's still no telling wether the Chimera Ant arc will have those colours or not, though if they want to convey a darker mood using colour they should do what they did with the Zoldyck Estate arc.
 

The Invertroid

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Sep 27, 2012
Messages
236
Reaction score
136
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I don't seem to recall Yorknew having particularly dull colors. It was certainly dark, which made sense given that most of the main action took place at night, but the color scheme didn't seem inconsistently dull compared to prior arcs.
 

KingOfNight

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 23, 2012
Messages
2,314
Reaction score
694
Gender
Male
Country
Fire Nation
^ I agree, it's just that to me it looked like there was consistently bad weather in Yorknew, thus the dull colours. It's as if everything up until (and after) Yorknew was a sunny day, then suddenly it got cloud. There's still no telling wether the Chimera Ant arc will have those colours or not, though if they want to convey a darker mood using colour they should do what they did with the Zoldyck Estate arc.
Yes, the Yorknew arc was certainly cloudy most of the time. But maybe this is how it's supposed to be ?
 

HybridBloodsZak

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Sep 23, 2012
Messages
177
Reaction score
282
Gender
Male
Country
United States
How awesome would it be if Galneryus came back for the OP or ED of the Chimera Ant Arc!?


^^^Arc spoilers abound ^^^
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Crude

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 16, 2007
Messages
2,698
Reaction score
693
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Also, I can't help but think that this would be a better colour scheme for Meryem (green isn't bad, but there will be a lot of Cell comparisons because of it :XD):

 

Meso

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 11, 2012
Messages
63
Reaction score
42
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Yanno how crazy would it be if Togashi drew the whole Beyond Netero arc during the 2011 anime's run and it getting started on a whole new arc when Chimera Ants airs. That''d be fantastic. o-o
 

TheAmericandream

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2012
Messages
521
Reaction score
152
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I am definitely an avid disliker of green Meryem. But, the blueish green compliments him and is at least not a bad color, it also doesn't look exactly like Cell's shade of green. So that's a plus, character design wise him and Pitou look great. I can't help but feel Pitou looks girlier then earlier in the manga, I really liked Pitou's funny costume accessories earlier on (minor complaint). Despite liking the earlier more cat-like art of Pitou (looked so crazy!), I do associate Pitou as a feminine character although an androgynous one, so I'll be glad if Pitou gets a female voice to go with this design.

Boy I really don't like how Yupi and Pufu look, my gut reaction is Shalnark and Phinx 2.0, which is now how I want to feel about the Royal Guards designs. I wish they had used more out there colors like blue skin or blue hair etc.
 

The Invertroid

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Sep 27, 2012
Messages
236
Reaction score
136
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Boy I really don't like how Yupi and Pufu look, my gut reaction is Shalnark and Phinx 2.0, which is now how I want to feel about the Royal Guards designs. I wish they had used more out there colors like blue skin or blue hair etc.
Character designs always look better in the anime than on the posters, so I'd wait to see how they look in the anime. I'm sure we'll get used to how they look, just like everyone got used to Machi's pink hair and Shalnark's voice. I do agree that MadHouse should have used crazier, alien-looking colors for their skin and hair. Perhaps they thought that, since character designs are already so crazy in the Chimera Ant arc, zanier colors would be overdoing it?
 

mousiehamster

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 11, 2012
Messages
327
Reaction score
165
Gender
Male
Country
Hong Kong
Character designs always look better in the anime than on the posters, so I'd wait to see how they look in the anime. I'm sure we'll get used to how they look, just like everyone got used to Machi's pink hair and Shalnark's voice. I do agree that MadHouse should have used crazier, alien-looking colors for their skin and hair. Perhaps they thought that, since character designs are already so crazy in the Chimera Ant arc, zanier colors would be overdoing it?
I'll never get used to his voice and character design.
 

Akia999

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 25, 2012
Messages
1,095
Reaction score
905
Gender
Hidden
Country
Malaysia
Next opening: Departure version 4?
Any chances of Togashi coming back from hiatus when the chimera ant arc start?
 

zzigg

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 21, 2012
Messages
502
Reaction score
278
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
Hunter x Hunter (Manga)Ranked #193 in mal

before just 4 months or so it was five hundred and something

that shows that the anime give boost to the manga popularity too...
i think that's why togashi will appear. when things get more exciting...and hxh fan club get bigger
he will then play his trump card ''the return'' that will destroy other manga for sure.
​
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,687
Reaction score
61,399
Gender
Male
Country
France
Maybe they'll change the opening because the animation of this arc marks a detachment with the old anime.If they don't change it now,I think it'll stay at least until the end of the Election arc.

What kind of ending do you think we'll have?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top