speaking of radical political parties infiltrating institutions,
a recent example is the NPA attack on Del Monte (where my mom works). half of the attackers were actually students.
Many groups want to infiltrate institutions (mostly State Us, since they are the ones with close to no campus securities, etc. etc.) because they would only want the youth who are still very idealistic and easily manipulate them to fight for their causes.
I remember SM employees approaching students before influencing them to join their fight against the SM administration...
A lot of my friends accused me of being elitist, myself, because I don't give these groups the time of day. They would call me selfish, because I am only thinking for myself, etc.
Sigh. mahirap bang maging normal na citizen and just give taxes where they are due? mahirap ba maging idealistic in a different sense? Like, being ambitious with your own career? Or about the potential of your own career to change the country? With other professionals working together?
Kaso, kanya-kanyang trip lang yan. I have adapted that kind of perspective, which people may consider to be apathetic. Ang akin lang, kanya-kanyang diskarte yan bro. Kung saan ka masaya- yan ang mantra ko. Kung naniniwala naman talaga sila sa mga ginagawa nila, I trust in them, as I trust myself.
Brings me back to the question- I think that politician will never see the light of true leadership and sincerity if he has no will to change himself. It's political will to change the so-called "bulok na sistema". Eh as hunt mentioned, unless leaders have those, you'll have to give your trust in other things, I guess. :/
halalan na....