Why aren't most people giving Brazil a real chance in the Rio 2014? Well, can you name me a single player who can really take the match by storm and win it for them? No. Neymar's an overrated, overhyped hack. Oscar gets pushed off the ball too easily. Ronaldinho is too old. Their best striker is Fred. Hulk is hit and miss. I don't know where Leandro Damiao even is right now.
Neymar ain't overrated, otherwise... where's he playing right now, in Real Madrid? No, at Santos, he's got European lvl but no one would deny that he is far away from Messi and Cristiano. Neymar played a good match against Italy, and it's with no doubt their star.
You're seeing Oscar as a Chelsea fan (of course he doesn't fit as a strong midfielder), gotta remember that Brazil plays a completely different game.
Hulk is a beast, I can't talk about his lvl right now (cause he plays in freaking Zenit) but I'm pretty sure he still has a lot of talent.
Brazil's 4 defenders line is one of the best in the world (Alves-Luiz-Thiago-Marcelo) and Júlio César high level is back.
I hope they call Luis Fabiano again (Fred ain't bad but, there's no comparission), he's still in good shape (not like Ronaldinho, I won't argue that one) even though he had problems in the past.
Yeah, South America has Brazil, Argentina and Colombia, those 3 could give a fight to Germany any day.
---------- Post added at 02:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:08 AM ----------
Oh and Damiao is still at Internacional.