The end is just the beginning

Iceiphoenix

Hunter x Queen
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 2, 2010
Messages
2,353
Reaction score
2,443
Gender
Female
Country
Australia
Re: hatsuharupeace's yaoi thread

Unfortunately I am not blessed with either of those skills... True aussie here remember? :p Are you able to speak Mandarin or even Cantonese?

Hahaha, we have a voice thread? I had no idea! Did any Aussies comment on your voice? Because that would have been interesting to hear then. The Aussie accent in film or TV is really weird tbh. It might be due to the fact that everyone else is speaking in an American accent, but it just has a really rural ting to it. The worst Aussie accent to hear on TV is the Queensland one, especially the ones from up north closer to the Great Barrier Reef. Horrible I say, it's so so bad.

Yuppp. :D I'm going for holiday, as well as to see Liverpool FC play at the MCG! It's gonna be awesome, but might be there longer depending on how much time I can get off work as well. :3 Keen for an Aussie mod meet-up?
Ahh, right. :XD Yeah, I can speak 3 dialects of Chinese: Cantonese, Shanghainese and Mandarin. :) (My mum's Shanghainese, my dad's Cantonese, and I learnt Mandarin at school.)

Yes, indeed we do. Click. Nah, I was the only Aussie active in the FF at the time.
Yeah, it is really weird. When I hear it in an American show/film, I usually compare it with the southern American accent. :XD
Hahaha, dude. Usually I'm horrible at telling American and Australian accents apart (when I don't hear them right after another), so I don't think I'll be able to tell the difference between state accents any time soon. :lmao Though I have read somewhere that when you cross the border to SA, you can hear a difference in words like castle ("carstle" and "cahstle").

A holiday in Melbourne? Bahahhaa, nice!! :XD
Yeah, sure!! Haha, the only other Aussie mod I know is Queenie, but she's not active at all anymore. :s IIRC, she's from Vic as well, but went on an extended holiday in Thailand or something? :darn
 

hatsuharupeace

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 9, 2007
Messages
6,761
Reaction score
907
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Re: hatsuharupeace's yaoi thread

Ahh, right. :XD Yeah, I can speak 3 dialects of Chinese: Cantonese, Shanghainese and Mandarin. :) (My mum's Shanghainese, my dad's Cantonese, and I learnt Mandarin at school.)

Yes, indeed we do. Click. Nah, I was the only Aussie active in the FF at the time.
Yeah, it is really weird. When I hear it in an American show/film, I usually compare it with the southern American accent. :XD
Hahaha, dude. Usually I'm horrible at telling American and Australian accents apart (when I don't hear them right after another), so I don't think I'll be able to tell the difference between state accents any time soon. :lmao Though I have read somewhere that when you cross the border to SA, you can hear a difference in words like castle ("carstle" and "cahstle").

A holiday in Melbourne? Bahahhaa, nice!! :XD
Yeah, sure!! Haha, the only other Aussie mod I know is Queenie, but she's not active at all anymore. :s IIRC, she's from Vic as well, but went on an extended holiday in Thailand or something? :darn
That's prettyy decent haha, I can speak a little bit of Canto and Mandarain, but that's really all I picked up from my parents mainly. What exactly is Shanghainese? Similar to Mandarin I'm guessing, or a totally different dialect like Canto?

Your link didn't work btw, if you were trying to link me to one of your posts haha. :p And that's a big call, saying you were the only aussie active then!

The infamous texan accent? I think the most common accent you'll hear is the New York-en accent tbh, that's what I've heard at least.

They're kinda similar, but if you hear them together, then you can definitely tell them apart. Perception of information, to try and sound smart. :p And I have yet to go to SA, so I have not heard that one yet! If I do, will definitely ask them to say that to me!

Don't laugh! I haven't been to Melbourne in a ridiculously long time, so it's nice for me to go. Was planning to go with my dad, but maybe will go by myself, if not I'll drag a friend along or something. :p I'm not sure where Queenie is, I kept in contact with her mainly through MH, never added her on FB, so I'm not quite too sure where she is now. You don't have her on FB do ya? Do you even have FB btw?
 

Iceiphoenix

Hunter x Queen
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 2, 2010
Messages
2,353
Reaction score
2,443
Gender
Female
Country
Australia
Re: hatsuharupeace's yaoi thread

That's prettyy decent haha, I can speak a little bit of Canto and Mandarain, but that's really all I picked up from my parents mainly. What exactly is Shanghainese? Similar to Mandarin I'm guessing, or a totally different dialect like Canto?
Haha, nice!!
Shanghainese is the dialect spoken in Shanghai. I would say that it's closer to Mando than it is to Canto, in terms of what it sounds like. :XD

Your link didn't work btw, if you were trying to link me to one of your posts haha. :p And that's a big call, saying you were the only aussie active then!
Nah, I was just linking you to the thread. Back then, we used vocaroo to record, but I think they started deleting the old recordings, so even if I linked you to a post of mine, you won't be able to hear it. :XD
Hahaha, no, I meant the only active Aussie FFer.

The infamous texan accent? I think the most common accent you'll hear is the New York-en accent tbh, that's what I've heard at least.
Yep, that. :XD Ooo, I see... Haha, whenever my friends attempt to imitate an American accent, it's usually either the Texan accent or the stereotypical LA bitch accent. :lmao

They're kinda similar, but if you hear them together, then you can definitely tell them apart. Perception of information, to try and sound smart. :p And I have yet to go to SA, so I have not heard that one yet! If I do, will definitely ask them to say that to me!
Hmm, ok... Haha, we should grab someone from each state and make them say the same phrases and try to hear the difference. :XD Do you know if there's much of a difference between the Vic and WA accents? I think I've only ever met Aussies from Vic, NSW and Queensland... (Mainly because I've only ever been to those states. :derp)

Don't laugh! I haven't been to Melbourne in a ridiculously long time, so it's nice for me to go. Was planning to go with my dad, but maybe will go by myself, if not I'll drag a friend along or something. :p I'm not sure where Queenie is, I kept in contact with her mainly through MH, never added her on FB, so I'm not quite too sure where she is now. You don't have her on FB do ya? Do you even have FB btw?
Oooh, I see. :XD Where else in Aus have you been?
I don't think I've ever really communicated with her before. I only know her as the Aussie GC mod before me. :XD
Nah, I don't have her on FB.
:nod I'll PM you.
 

hatsuharupeace

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 9, 2007
Messages
6,761
Reaction score
907
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Re: hatsuharupeace's yaoi thread

Haha, nice!!
Shanghainese is the dialect spoken in Shanghai. I would say that it's closer to Mando than it is to Canto, in terms of what it sounds like. :XD
Ohhh right. Probably because it's so similar I can't really tell at all haha.

Nah, I was just linking you to the thread. Back then, we used vocaroo to record, but I think they started deleting the old recordings, so even if I linked you to a post of mine, you won't be able to hear it. :XD
Hahaha, no, I meant the only active Aussie FFer.
Ohhh right, yeah that's fair enough. That was about a couple years back now right? That seems so long ago... How long have you been at these forums now?

Yep, that. :XD Ooo, I see... Haha, whenever my friends attempt to imitate an American accent, it's usually either the Texan accent or the stereotypical LA bitch accent. :lmao
I can do the fabulous gay voice, so many of my friends and workmates call me incredibly effeminate as a result... :/

Hmm, ok... Haha, we should grab someone from each state and make them say the same phrases and try to hear the difference. :XD Do you know if there's much of a difference between the Vic and WA accents? I think I've only ever met Aussies from Vic, NSW and Queensland... (Mainly because I've only ever been to those states. :derp)
Uhhh, if we can? I don't think I've met anyone from NT before, or Tasmania either, so we'd have to do some serious searching for that to occur haha! I'm not too sure again, long time since I've been to Vic. But my friends who have been to Vic and lived there for a while sound normal, or at least I think they do haha. :p But you'll hear a Perth accent soon enough anyway!

Oooh, I see. :XD Where else in Aus have you been?
I don't think I've ever really communicated with her before. I only know her as the Aussie GC mod before me. :XD
Nah, I don't have her on FB.
:nod I'll PM you.
Sydney and Canberra, Queensland a few times, and Melbourne just the once! Have you been out of Australia much?
Hahaha, yeahh, I think she left around 2011, I was demodded in 2010 before her, but still talked to her a lot as well! I scanlated along with her, so that's why I kinda knew her a bit better than most.

Thanks! :)
 

Iceiphoenix

Hunter x Queen
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 2, 2010
Messages
2,353
Reaction score
2,443
Gender
Female
Country
Australia
Re: hatsuharupeace's yaoi thread

Ohhh right. Probably because it's so similar I can't really tell at all haha.
Hahaha, maybe. Though I probably think it's similar because I can understand both. My dad understands a bit of Mando, but doesn't understand Shango at all. :s I've also spoken to a few people who understand Mando, but when they listen to Shango, they don't understand at all. :XD

Ohhh right, yeah that's fair enough. That was about a couple years back now right? That seems so long ago... How long have you been at these forums now?
I know, right? <_> Time goes by so quickly.
Hmm, I've been around since mid-2010, was modded in mid 2011, but went magenta near the end of the year for year 12... But now I'm back in green as of today. :D

I can do the fabulous gay voice, so many of my friends and workmates call me incredibly effeminate as a result... :/
:lmao You must demonstrate when we meet up.

Uhhh, if we can? I don't think I've met anyone from NT before, or Tasmania either, so we'd have to do some serious searching for that to occur haha! I'm not too sure again, long time since I've been to Vic. But my friends who have been to Vic and lived there for a while sound normal, or at least I think they do haha. :p But you'll hear a Perth accent soon enough anyway!
:XD True that. Oh! I just remembered that someone from my high school was from NT. She didn't really sound different to me, but then again, I'm accent-deaf. <_> Hahaha, unless they just retained their WA accent and didn't pick up a Vic accent? (If there is a difference.) :XD

Sydney and Canberra, Queensland a few times, and Melbourne just the once! Have you been out of Australia much?
Hahaha, yeahh, I think she left around 2011, I was demodded in 2010 before her, but still talked to her a lot as well! I scanlated along with her, so that's why I kinda knew her a bit better than most.

Thanks! :)
Ohh, nice! I've been to pretty much the same places as you (not including WA, hahaha). Yeah, I go to China quite a bit (mainly Shanghai, HK and sometimes Macau), I went to Korea just a couple of months ago, and I went to Canada to visit my uncle when I was a kid. (And if it counts, I've had stop-overs at Singapore and Malaysia. :derp)

Ooooh, a fellow Aussie-Asian, American-sounding Manga Editor?!?! :zomg Which group(s) were you in and what did you do? :XD

No probs. :)
 

hatsuharupeace

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 9, 2007
Messages
6,761
Reaction score
907
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Re: hatsuharupeace's yaoi thread

Hahaha, maybe. Though I probably think it's similar because I can understand both. My dad understands a bit of Mando, but doesn't understand Shango at all. :s I've also spoken to a few people who understand Mando, but when they listen to Shango, they don't understand at all. :XD
Hahahahahaha, Mando! I've never heard anyone call it that before! It sounds so weirddd hahaha! Do a lot of your friends speak as well?

I know, right? <_> Time goes by so quickly.
Hmm, I've been around since mid-2010, was modded in mid 2011, but went magenta near the end of the year for year 12... But now I'm back in green as of today. :D
Ahhh, that's not too bad! How did year 12 end up going? And what uni you attending?
Which sections you in charge of?

:lmao You must demonstrate when we meet up.
Can we go shopping too? :D

:XD True that. Oh! I just remembered that someone from my high school was from NT. She didn't really sound different to me, but then again, I'm accent-deaf. <_> Hahaha, unless they just retained their WA accent and didn't pick up a Vic accent? (If there is a difference.) :XD
I don't know! It's really strange because the distinction is so minor, and you can only really tell if you listen reallyy closely as well.

Ohh, nice! I've been to pretty much the same places as you (not including WA, hahaha). Yeah, I go to China quite a bit (mainly Shanghai, HK and sometimes Macau), I went to Korea just a couple of months ago, and I went to Canada to visit my uncle when I was a kid. (And if it counts, I've had stop-overs at Singapore and Malaysia. :derp)
Ohhhh, how was Korea?! I really wanna go there! Which part did you go to? And how have you not been to Singapore yet? :O Blasphemy!

Ooooh, a fellow Aussie-Asian, American-sounding Manga Editor?!?! :zomg Which group(s) were you in and what did you do? :XD
Hahaha, I've been Editing since late-2008, I was part of my own group which I set up myself, and I was also part of Binktopia/Mangashare, Red Hawk Scans, and a few others as well. :) I started off as a cleaner at first, but eventually was a full editor, so everything to pre-cleaning, cleaning, redrawing and typesetting as well as QCing as well. Which groups are you part of?
 

Iceiphoenix

Hunter x Queen
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 2, 2010
Messages
2,353
Reaction score
2,443
Gender
Female
Country
Australia
Re: hatsuharupeace's yaoi thread

Hahahahahaha, Mando! I've never heard anyone call it that before! It sounds so weirddd hahaha! Do a lot of your friends speak as well?
Well, if there's Canto, might as well call Mandarin "Mando" and Shanghainese "Shango". :derp
Yeah, a majority of my friends are Chinese as well, so they can speak different dialects in varying fluency, but we never speak it to each other. English all the way. :XD

Ahhh, that's not too bad! How did year 12 end up going? And what uni you attending?
Which sections you in charge of?
I was quite lazy for most of year 12, so I could've modded at the same time, buuuuut... Yeah. :oh I did quite alright; I got into what I aimed for and my parents can't complain too much about my ATAR. :lmao I'm doing 1st year science at Melb Uni.
I'm in charge of the GC and MZ. IIRC, you were in charge of the OC? :s

Can we go shopping too? :D
Of course. I'll show you some fabulous places to shop. :hurr

I don't know! It's really strange because the distinction is so minor, and you can only really tell if you listen reallyy closely as well.
Well. I definitely won't be able to tell. :XD

Ohhhh, how was Korea?! I really wanna go there! Which part did you go to? And how have you not been to Singapore yet? :O Blasphemy!
Cold. :XD It was snowing when we went and we had a couple of snowball fights! :D I went to Seoul, the DMZ (specifically the 3rd tunnel), and Jeju island. I'm quite heartbroken about how I didn't see any K-idols while I was there. :pout
I knooooww!! :gwah I plan to go in the (hopefully) near-future.

Hahaha, I've been Editing since late-2008, I was part of my own group which I set up myself, and I was also part of Binktopia/Mangashare, Red Hawk Scans, and a few others as well. :) I started off as a cleaner at first, but eventually was a full editor, so everything to pre-cleaning, cleaning, redrawing and typesetting as well as QCing as well. Which groups are you part of?
Oooh, nice!! Are you still Editing?
I started off with proofreading for I Eat Manga in late 2010, then started typesetting and redrawing soon after (was unofficially promoted to head typesetter too :derp). I was learning how to clean, but never got around to finishing my test. :darn I was also part of Trinity Bakuma as a typesetter, and helped out the MRI alliance with typesetting and QC-ing. :D Though when year 12 started, I just kinda stopped. I kinda want to start Editing again now, hahaha. :XD
 

hatsuharupeace

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 9, 2007
Messages
6,761
Reaction score
907
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Re: hatsuharupeace's yaoi thread

Well, if there's Canto, might as well call Mandarin "Mando" and Shanghainese "Shango". :derp
Yeah, a majority of my friends are Chinese as well, so they can speak different dialects in varying fluency, but we never speak it to each other. English all the way. :XD
Ohhh really? Do you speak different languages as a joke, especially when you're talking to Aussies? Cause my friends do that all the time haha.

I was quite lazy for most of year 12, so I could've modded at the same time, buuuuut... Yeah. :oh I did quite alright; I got into what I aimed for and my parents can't complain too much about my ATAR. :lmao I'm doing 1st year science at Melb Uni.
I'm in charge of the GC and MZ. IIRC, you were in charge of the OC? :s
You were too lazy to do that as well I'm guessing?
Ohhhh nice! How's that going for you?
What do those abbreviations meannnn? :O I was in charge of the Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles section when it was being serialized and the Otaku Cafe section, and I was also given power in the Otaku Theater and then the Art Section for a little while. :)

Of course. I'll show you some fabulous places to shop. :hurr
Yayyyyyyy~ Shoppingggg :D

Well. I definitely won't be able to tell. :XD
We shall see!

Cold. :XD It was snowing when we went and we had a couple of snowball fights! :D I went to Seoul, the DMZ (specifically the 3rd tunnel), and Jeju island. I'm quite heartbroken about how I didn't see any K-idols while I was there. :pout
I knooooww!! :gwah I plan to go in the (hopefully) near-future.
Oooo, luckyyy. I've seen snow in France before, but it was only a couple of cm of the stuff, which was really nice, but not as fulfilling the dream of seeing falling snow. :p No K-Idols? That sucks. :( Who are your faves?
And defs should! They're such amazing places!

Oooh, nice!! Are you still Editing?
I started off with proofreading for I Eat Manga in late 2010, then started typesetting and redrawing soon after (was unofficially promoted to head typesetter too :derp). I was learning how to clean, but never got around to finishing my test. :darn I was also part of Trinity Bakuma as a typesetter, and helped out the MRI alliance with typesetting and QC-ing. :D Though when year 12 started, I just kinda stopped. I kinda want to start Editing again now, hahaha. :XD
Nahh, I haven't touched it in like 4 years, when I was in year 12. The amount of groups I was in and the amount of Editing I was doing per week was humongous, so that's why I quit. But I still have my skills definitely, so I can show you my stuff when I'm over in Melb if you want. :p
Ahhh, I was part of IEM for a little while! For a very little while, see if you can find my name anywhere. :p It's very time-consuming, but it's also very fun, so I kinda share the same sentiment as you haha! So many times I've wanted to get back into it, but it's just too hard to do so consistently, especially with uni as well.
 

Iceiphoenix

Hunter x Queen
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 2, 2010
Messages
2,353
Reaction score
2,443
Gender
Female
Country
Australia
Re: hatsuharupeace's yaoi thread

Ohhh really? Do you speak different languages as a joke, especially when you're talking to Aussies? Cause my friends do that all the time haha.
Hahaha. no we don't. Though sometimes I use it to get out of telemarketing calls. :lmao

You were too lazy to do that as well I'm guessing?
Ohhhh nice! How's that going for you?
What do those abbreviations meannnn? :O I was in charge of the Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles section when it was being serialized and the Otaku Cafe section, and I was also given power in the Otaku Theater and then the Art Section for a little while. :)
Uhhh, yeah. :sweat
Pretty good so far. All the material is pretty much a breeze at the moment. Though I predict that I will have some trouble with my psychology assignment... We have to watch a sunset and write about how the world changes as the light changes. :scry
GC = General category, MZ = Member zone and OC = Otaku cafe. :XD
Yaaayyy! I was half right! :zomg

Yayyyyyyy~ Shoppingggg :D
:turtle

We shall see!
Indeed we shall! :XD I'll see if I can convince my Sydney MH buddy to come down to Melb...

Oooo, luckyyy. I've seen snow in France before, but it was only a couple of cm of the stuff, which was really nice, but not as fulfilling the dream of seeing falling snow. :p No K-Idols? That sucks. :( Who are your faves?
And defs should! They're such amazing places!
Ooooh, nice. Did you go to France for a holiday? :0 I think when I went to Korea, there was about 15-20cm of snow. :D
At the moment, my faves are Infinite and Exo. :nod Do you listen to K-pop as well? :XD
What other places have you been to?

Nahh, I haven't touched it in like 4 years, when I was in year 12. The amount of groups I was in and the amount of Editing I was doing per week was humongous, so that's why I quit. But I still have my skills definitely, so I can show you my stuff when I'm over in Melb if you want. :p
Ahhh, I was part of IEM for a little while! For a very little while, see if you can find my name anywhere. :p It's very time-consuming, but it's also very fun, so I kinda share the same sentiment as you haha! So many times I've wanted to get back into it, but it's just too hard to do so consistently, especially with uni as well.
Ahhh, I see. It's nice how you still have your skills. My typesetting speed has gone down so much. :gwah
Ooh, nice!! Which series did you work on? :D Argh, to do that would mean going around and finding IEM's old releases. The old site is forever gone. :scry
Yeah, I really liked it, but as you said, it's time-consuming. I think I'll see how much free time I have now that I'm modding again before I consider joining a group again. :XD
 

hatsuharupeace

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 9, 2007
Messages
6,761
Reaction score
907
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Re: hatsuharupeace's yaoi thread

Hahaha. no we don't. Though sometimes I use it to get out of telemarketing calls. :lmao
Hahahaha, I just hang up on them! Had one yesterday actually, tried to get me to answer some questions, I was like "DON'T WANTTT" in an asian accent then hung up.

But really, I wish that had happened, but I pretty much did hang up on them straight up haha. :p

Uhhh, yeah. :sweat
Pretty good so far. All the material is pretty much a breeze at the moment. Though I predict that I will have some trouble with my psychology assignment... We have to watch a sunset and write about how the world changes as the light changes. :scry
GC = General category, MZ = Member zone and OC = Otaku cafe. :XD
Yaaayyy! I was half right! :zomg
What units are you doing? I'd think they're a lot different to over here though. If you need help with psych, you're talking to a psych major student here. :D

Yepp, half right indeed. :) And those places must be really fun, but quite hard to mod as well I'm guessing?

:mono

Indeed we shall! :XD I'll see if I can convince my Sydney MH buddy to come down to Melb...
Oh really? Who?

Ooooh, nice. Did you go to France for a holiday? :0 I think when I went to Korea, there was about 15-20cm of snow. :D
At the moment, my faves are Infinite and Exo. :nod Do you listen to K-pop as well? :XD
What other places have you been to?
Yeahh, with family. Really really nice, would love to go there again. :)

I do, on and off. Faves are SNSD, Sistar and 4Minute atm, but a couple of Super Junior songs and one DBSK song I really enjoy. A lot of Korean stuff I listened to was like the indie stuff they have, I can link you if you want?

I've been to quite a few places in Asia; Singapore, Indo, Malaysia, Thailand, China, Hong Kong, but yet to go to Northen Asia like Taiwan and Japan and stuff.

Ahhh, I see. It's nice how you still have your skills. My typesetting speed has gone down so much. :gwah
Ooh, nice!! Which series did you work on? :D Argh, to do that would mean going around and finding IEM's old releases. The old site is forever gone. :scry
Yeah, I really liked it, but as you said, it's time-consuming. I think I'll see how much free time I have now that I'm modding again before I consider joining a group again. :XD
I spent a lottttt of time practicing and stuff. The amount of hours I put in training myself versus actually work was insane, which is why I think I still retain a lot of my skills. Things like speed and redrawing are a bit iffy, same with typesetting mainly because of the lack of fonts I have now, but with a little practice, you always come good. :D
Hahaha, that's true, if not, check some old Naruto chapters or One Piece.
http://read.mangashare.com/Tsubasa-Reservoir-Chronicle/chapter-227/page001.html - This is an example of my work. I remember this chapter so vividly, scraped it out in less than 4 hours, some of the fastest I've worked before.
And yeah, definitely consider it well, cause once you've started, it's really hard to stop.
 

Iceiphoenix

Hunter x Queen
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 2, 2010
Messages
2,353
Reaction score
2,443
Gender
Female
Country
Australia
Re: hatsuharupeace's yaoi thread

Hahahaha, I just hang up on them! Had one yesterday actually, tried to get me to answer some questions, I was like "DON'T WANTTT" in an asian accent then hung up.

But really, I wish that had happened, but I pretty much did hang up on them straight up haha. :p
Hahahaha, nice. :lmao I usually try to be polite and then hang up, but if I can be bothered, I use the Asian accent. :XD

What units are you doing? I'd think they're a lot different to over here though. If you need help with psych, you're talking to a psych major student here. :D

Yepp, half right indeed. :) And those places must be really fun, but quite hard to mod as well I'm guessing?
I'm doing bio, chem, psych and Japanese. I actually did first year chem at another uni in year 12 as my 6th subject, but I decided to start from scratch again, since I hardly paid attention to it last year. :sweat Oooommmggg, yaaayyy!!! :zomg

Did you step down as mod because of year 11/12 as well? :XD
Yeah, it's pretty fun because it's so laid back. I find it pretty easy to mod because of that, but sometimes it's difficult to draw the line as to how laid back I can be. :XD

:sexyarf

Oh really? Who?
[user]BakaHaze[/user] He was pretty active around 2011, but stopped posting because of uni, I think. We had pages and pages of text wall posts in his thread. :XD

Yeahh, with family. Really really nice, would love to go there again. :)

I do, on and off. Faves are SNSD, Sistar and 4Minute atm, but a couple of Super Junior songs and one DBSK song I really enjoy. A lot of Korean stuff I listened to was like the indie stuff they have, I can link you if you want?

I've been to quite a few places in Asia; Singapore, Indo, Malaysia, Thailand, China, Hong Kong, but yet to go to Northen Asia like Taiwan and Japan and stuff.
I really want to go to Europe some day... :wtf

Ahh, I see. Typical guy interests, hahaha. What's the one DBSK song you really enjoy? :XD Oh, cool. :D Link away~

Woooow, you're pretty well-travelled. :o Do you plan on going to places in Europe, other than France? How about the rest of the world? :XD

I spent a lottttt of time practicing and stuff. The amount of hours I put in training myself versus actually work was insane, which is why I think I still retain a lot of my skills. Things like speed and redrawing are a bit iffy, same with typesetting mainly because of the lack of fonts I have now, but with a little practice, you always come good. :D
Hahaha, that's true, if not, check some old Naruto chapters or One Piece.
http://read.mangashare.com/Tsubasa-Reservoir-Chronicle/chapter-227/page001.html - This is an example of my work. I remember this chapter so vividly, scraped it out in less than 4 hours, some of the fastest I've worked before.
And yeah, definitely consider it well, cause once you've started, it's really hard to stop.
Whoooooa... What did you use to practice? I mainly trained and practiced as I went along, hahaha. :XD The first ever official chapter I typesetted was a Bakuman chapter, and it was irregular, since it was mostly about the manga in the manga. I had to throw away all the things I learnt about the "official" fonts and I got confused pretty quickly... But yeah, it was a good experience in the end. :XD (And Bakuman being Bakuman, it was wordy. So very wordy.)
Hahaha, typesetting speed and redrawing were my specialties, mainly because all the stuff that I worked on were speed series. Gah, I'm so rusty. :scry And nowadays, the quality of the cleans and redraws are preeeettyy high. :darn If I do happen to join another group, maybe I'll lie in my test thread and say I've had no experience, since my skills have dropped down to basically zero again. :oh
Oooo, nice! :D Haha, I think I remember seeing your name in orange here. (Or maybe that's just my brain creating a false memory, since I expect to see that...)
 

hatsuharupeace

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 9, 2007
Messages
6,761
Reaction score
907
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Re: hatsuharupeace's yaoi thread

Hahahaha, nice. :lmao I usually try to be polite and then hang up, but if I can be bothered, I use the Asian accent. :XD
Use both. Asian and hang up hahahaha! That would be the bestttt.

I'm doing bio, chem, psych and Japanese. I actually did first year chem at another uni in year 12 as my 6th subject, but I decided to start from scratch again, since I hardly paid attention to it last year. :sweat Oooommmggg, yaaayyy!!! :zomg

Did you step down as mod because of year 11/12 as well? :XD
Yeah, it's pretty fun because it's so laid back. I find it pretty easy to mod because of that, but sometimes it's difficult to draw the line as to how laid back I can be. :XD
Oooo, that sounds fun. Normal bio I'm guessing? How's first year treating ya so far? And yay for me being a psych student hahaha. What's your assignment about?

And no I didn't. Technically I didn't step down, I was demodded. :3 But that's a story for another time hahaha.
Ohhh, that's true. You want them to have fun, but not get too crazy, fair enough. :p

:cheez

[user]BakaHaze[/user] He was pretty active around 2011, but stopped posting because of uni, I think. We had pages and pages of text wall posts in his thread. :XD
Oh wow... That's insane haha. But he hasn't been around since? And I checked out Queenie's profile, last time she was on was 2011. :( So long agoooooo.

I really want to go to Europe some day... :wtf

Ahh, I see. Typical guy interests, hahaha. What's the one DBSK song you really enjoy? :XD Oh, cool. :D Link away~

Woooow, you're pretty well-travelled. :o Do you plan on going to places in Europe, other than France? How about the rest of the world? :XD
Ooooo, which part? I wanna go back to France, and definitely want to visit Spain, Madrid would be soooo good. :D
DBSK? Ummm, it's called Keep Your Head Down, the dance is amazinggggg. And do you like any girl k-pop groups? Or just the guys haha?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-nPqe0pOKA - This is a good song by a band called Casker, love them but I couldn't find the song which I wanted to link you.

Whoooooa... What did you use to practice? I mainly trained and practiced as I went along, hahaha. :XD The first ever official chapter I typesetted was a Bakuman chapter, and it was irregular, since it was mostly about the manga in the manga. I had to throw away all the things I learnt about the "official" fonts and I got confused pretty quickly... But yeah, it was a good experience in the end. :XD (And Bakuman being Bakuman, it was wordy. So very wordy.)
Hahaha, typesetting speed and redrawing were my specialties, mainly because all the stuff that I worked on were speed series. Gah, I'm so rusty. :scry And nowadays, the quality of the cleans and redraws are preeeettyy high. :darn If I do happen to join another group, maybe I'll lie in my test thread and say I've had no experience, since my skills have dropped down to basically zero again. :oh
Oooo, nice! :D Haha, I think I remember seeing your name in orange here. (Or maybe that's just my brain creating a false memory, since I expect to see that...)
I used a lot of things. It's a long story in terms of my mentors and what inspired me to attempt so much trial and error, and I'll tell you in Melb if you really wanna know the full story, but I mainly used Topaz and things till I figured out the things which clicked for me. :p Long time, so much effort.
First one I typesetted was a solo clean I was doing... I was so bad, all I did was draw a white box over the text because I didn't even know how to level back then haha. I was so bad...
I did a lot of Bakuman as well! But yeah, so damn wordy, it was horrible for typesetting. ><
And just try to clean again. :D What tools do you normally use?
And if you join a group, I'll join with ya hahahaha! See if we can both get in! Dream teammm.
Yeah, demodded to Manga Editor status, but not too long ago was when I asked for MH Senpai and I got it back.
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: hatsuharupeace's yaoi thread

Hahahaha, I was just taking the piss anyway. :p I apparently really suck at conveying sarcasm using words according to my friends.

Naw, it's fun to do haha. I don't even earn anything from the very little views I get anyway.

And I'm 20 dude, old but not that old yet. :D

10 per min? That's a steep price bruddah...
LOL nah I probably just didn't read right. I have the same problem sometimes too, so it's not just you.

How many views are you getting on average now?

Old yet? what are you trying to say, I'm old? :cop

Well, a man's gotta eat :jk
 

hatsuharupeace

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 9, 2007
Messages
6,761
Reaction score
907
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Re: hatsuharupeace's yaoi thread

LOL nah I probably just didn't read right. I have the same problem sometimes too, so it's not just you.

How many views are you getting on average now?

Old yet? what are you trying to say, I'm old? :cop

Well, a man's gotta eat :jk
Reading tired? As dangerous as drunk driving IMO. :oh

How many now? Very few. Per day maybe about 4-5. which is very low. Per new video about 1-3. :oh Sighhhhh

How old are you now bro?

Definitely... And eat a lot we shall.
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: hatsuharupeace's yaoi thread

Reading tired? As dangerous as drunk driving IMO. :oh

How many now? Very few. Per day maybe about 4-5. which is very low. Per new video about 1-3. :oh Sighhhhh

How old are you now bro?

Definitely... And eat a lot we shall.
That's one thing I'd never do; drunk driving. But reading whilst tired happens quite often to me, especially when I come on here after a long late shift at work.

That's low indeed but don't let it get you down, keep going and they'll soon be in the hundreds and thousands. No matter how long it takes, quality is always recognised.

2........4 :waah
 

hatsuharupeace

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 9, 2007
Messages
6,761
Reaction score
907
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Re: hatsuharupeace's yaoi thread

That's one thing I'd never do; drunk driving. But reading whilst tired happens quite often to me, especially when I come on here after a long late shift at work.

That's low indeed but don't let it get you down, keep going and they'll soon be in the hundreds and thousands. No matter how long it takes, quality is always recognised.

2........4 :waah
Oh yeah, same here. Then again, I stopped drinking like almost 2 years ago, so I doubt that'll ever happen. :) What's another thing which you'd never do?

Yeah, it's a side hobby for now, but I do really enjoy making the content, even though I record in the middle of the night when my parents are asleep hahaha. Just need a new mic! That'll make everything a lot better, plus an editing program.

Only 4 years older! Did you turn 24 this year, or turning 25...?
 

Iceiphoenix

Hunter x Queen
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 2, 2010
Messages
2,353
Reaction score
2,443
Gender
Female
Country
Australia
Re: hatsuharupeace's yaoi thread

Use both. Asian and hang up hahahaha! That would be the bestttt.
One day, one day. :toc (When I can actually be bothered to go answer the phone. <_>)

Oooo, that sounds fun. Normal bio I'm guessing? How's first year treating ya so far? And yay for me being a psych student hahaha. What's your assignment about?
Yeah, just normal bio. Eh, so far so good. Mid-sem tests and 2 assessment tasks for Japanese coming up though. :gwah
Let's see... the assignment is in 2 parts. The first part is "How does 'the world' change as the light changes?" and the second part is "How has the ability to represent, manipulate and transmit the moving image affected out understanding of our environment and ourselves and vice versa?"

And no I didn't. Technically I didn't step down, I was demodded. :3 But that's a story for another time hahaha.
Ohhh, that's true. You want them to have fun, but not get too crazy, fair enough. :p
Aahh, sorry if I brought up anything unpleasant. :darn

:notsure

Oh wow... That's insane haha. But he hasn't been around since? And I checked out Queenie's profile, last time she was on was 2011. :( So long agoooooo.
Well, he came back for like... a day. <_>
Yeah, I saw that too. :gwah It's amazing to think that it's been two years...

Ooooo, which part? I wanna go back to France, and definitely want to visit Spain, Madrid would be soooo good. :D
Mainly France, England, Spain, Italy, maybe Germany. :XD
You liked France that much? What did you like about it? :XD

DBSK? Ummm, it's called Keep Your Head Down, the dance is amazinggggg. And do you like any girl k-pop groups? Or just the guys haha?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-nPqe0pOKA - This is a good song by a band called Casker, love them but I couldn't find the song which I wanted to link you.
Ooooo, I like that song too! :XD Though I think I like their latest song, "Humanoids" better. The dance for "Catch Me" is pretty awesome too. @_@
Yeah, I like SNSD, Sistar and 4Minute as well. I also like Girl's Day for their latest song. :D After School, miss A and Rainbow are pretty good too. :)
Oo, thanks! :D

I used a lot of things. It's a long story in terms of my mentors and what inspired me to attempt so much trial and error, and I'll tell you in Melb if you really wanna know the full story, but I mainly used Topaz and things till I figured out the things which clicked for me. :p Long time, so much effort.
First one I typesetted was a solo clean I was doing... I was so bad, all I did was draw a white box over the text because I didn't even know how to level back then haha. I was so bad...
I did a lot of Bakuman as well! But yeah, so damn wordy, it was horrible for typesetting. ><
And just try to clean again. :D What tools do you normally use?
And if you join a group, I'll join with ya hahahaha! See if we can both get in! Dream teammm.
Yeah, demodded to Manga Editor status, but not too long ago was when I asked for MH Senpai and I got it back.
Oooh, nice! It's cool how you had so many trials and errors. When I attempted to clean, I just tried to follow the instructions on the IEM training board as closely as possible. :XD
Bahahha, well it's good that you've learnt from then. :p
Lmao, I honestly only tried cleaning 5-7 pages for the test, and I don't really remember what I used... Though Topaz rings a bell, so I suppose it's that. :XD
Woo! Sure thing! :D
Ahh, I see... This is just me, but I'd rather be orange, since I like the colour better than magenta, hahahaha. :XD My username was orange once too.
 

hatsuharupeace

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 9, 2007
Messages
6,761
Reaction score
907
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Re: hatsuharupeace's yaoi thread

One day, one day. :toc (When I can actually be bothered to go answer the phone. <_>)
You can do that when you're ordering takeaway. :oh I'm such a troll aren't I?

Yeah, just normal bio. Eh, so far so good. Mid-sem tests and 2 assessment tasks for Japanese coming up though. :gwah
Let's see... the assignment is in 2 parts. The first part is "How does 'the world' change as the light changes?" and the second part is "How has the ability to represent, manipulate and transmit the moving image affected out understanding of our environment and ourselves and vice versa?"
Have you done jap before though? Or are you doing the beginner grade jap?
Uhhh, are you doing perception? Because I haven't any assignments related to those topics, but I've learnt stuff semi-related. Or at least I think it is... :blink

Aahh, sorry if I brought up anything unpleasant. :darn
Nahh, nothing too unpleasant. Just unfortunate circumstances and wrong timing and things like that. Will tell in Melb!

:dancin

Well, he came back for like... a day. <_>
Yeah, I saw that too. :gwah It's amazing to think that it's been two years...
Hahahaha, and he was never seen again...
Fuarrrr, two years I knoww! Missing Queenie a lot. :( She was such a laugh! Good times with her, especially on IRC.

Mainly France, England, Spain, Italy, maybe Germany. :XD
You liked France that much? What did you like about it? :XD
Germany is a defs. It's an amazing place to visit, especially if you're gonna do all those countries as well. Best (and worst) time to go would be Oktoberfest haha, ask one of the German mods about it!
England is one of the places which I would love to go, but it's so darn cold. >< I can't stand it at all!
Yeahh, France was awesome. Maybe because it's the furthest I've been away from home, and the culture was really cool as well.

Ooooo, I like that song too! :XD Though I think I like their latest song, "Humanoids" better. The dance for "Catch Me" is pretty awesome too. @_@
Yeah, I like SNSD, Sistar and 4Minute as well. I also like Girl's Day for their latest song. :D After School, miss A and Rainbow are pretty good too. :)
Oo, thanks! :D
After School is okayyy, gotta love Lizzy. <3 And with miss A, Suzy. <3 And SNSD, pretty much all of them, but Tiffany. <3 hahahaha :p

Oooh, nice! It's cool how you had so many trials and errors. When I attempted to clean, I just tried to follow the instructions on the IEM training board as closely as possible. :XD
Bahahha, well it's good that you've learnt from then. :p
Lmao, I honestly only tried cleaning 5-7 pages for the test, and I don't really remember what I used... Though Topaz rings a bell, so I suppose it's that. :XD
Woo! Sure thing! :D
Ahh, I see... This is just me, but I'd rather be orange, since I like the colour better than magenta, hahahaha. :XD My username was orange once too.
It was pretty grueling work, but enjoyed it so much.
Following instructions is good and all, but there's so much more to cleaning than that. :P I was really anal about cleaning and stuff, and I had all these rules and tips which everyone agreed with but didn't really follow at all hahaha.
Yeahh, it'll be Topaz, it's what everyone uses now haha. Good tool, horrible if left in the hands of a newb or someone who has no idea what they're doing.
Reallyyy? Being a MH Senpai is wayyy better. :p But that's just me hahaha!

And happy birthday againnn! What did you do today?
 
Last edited:

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: hatsuharupeace's yaoi thread

Oh yeah, same here. Then again, I stopped drinking like almost 2 years ago, so I doubt that'll ever happen. :) What's another thing which you'd never do?

Yeah, it's a side hobby for now, but I do really enjoy making the content, even though I record in the middle of the night when my parents are asleep hahaha. Just need a new mic! That'll make everything a lot better, plus an editing program.

Only 4 years older! Did you turn 24 this year, or turning 25...?
But you're only 20; what made you stop drinking?

Another thing I'd never do? I dunno...pay for a stripper/hooker possibly. I can't think off the top of my head; there's probably many better examples.

A good microphone is very important. Software-wise, there should be many out there to use; what are you using currently?

I'll be 25 this year. Thank you. :dumpster
 

hatsuharupeace

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 9, 2007
Messages
6,761
Reaction score
907
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Re: hatsuharupeace's yaoi thread

But you're only 20; what made you stop drinking?

Another thing I'd never do? I dunno...pay for a stripper/hooker possibly. I can't think off the top of my head; there's probably many better examples.

A good microphone is very important. Software-wise, there should be many out there to use; what are you using currently?

I'll be 25 this year. Thank you. :dumpster
A variety of reasons. It's good though, sucks a little bit from a social perspective, but I do enjoy not drinking. ^^ Might pick it up again, might not, will see how I go, just really depends when now I guess.
You really should try it, even for like a week or two, it's surprisingly easy tbh.

Hahaha, even for a bachelor party? Then again, it really does come down to circumstance, that kinda thing.

Yeahh, I picked up some new gaming headphones, these ones - http://www.cnet.com.au/razer-megalodon-headset-339298272.htm.
Reallyy badass, but need to play around with the mic, it seems pretty good quality, but just need to be in the right environment to get the best quality. Software, I'm using FRAPS and Bandicam to record, then Sony Vegas Pro to edit and render my vids. Was using Windows Movie Maker just to render before, which was actually really decent, but in terms of editing, really need Vegas Pro.

Oh... Sorry man. :gwah When is your bday?
 
Top