All-Purpose Contest Discussion Thread 2007

luv_luv_4_life

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jun 19, 2006
Messages
53
Reaction score
0
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: All-Purpose Contest Discussion Thread!

Gold Knight said:
No theme for March, no ^^;

I was thinking something like 'Green Month' for the fanart colorings, but eh... not everybody knows of St. Patrick's Day, no.
Haha..yea that was wat i was trying to say....St. Patrick's Day...haha
 

Dragonzair

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 17, 2005
Messages
7,348
Reaction score
11
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Re: All-Purpose Contest Discussion Thread!

Capt.Rosko FTW. XD

I can't believe you joined that in! Props! XD
 

captrosko

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jan 20, 2006
Messages
30
Reaction score
0
Age
45
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: All-Purpose Contest Discussion Thread!

Dragonzair said:
Capt.Rosko FTW. XD

I can't believe you joined that in! Props! XD
I must spread the truth! The enlightenment of the world is my goal!
 

Sarada

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2005
Messages
89
Reaction score
36
Gender
Female
Country
Netherlands
Re: All-Purpose Contest Discussion Thread!

Congrats to Dana !!!
 

Uozumi

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2006
Messages
331
Reaction score
2
Age
41
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: All-Purpose Contest Discussion Thread!

I've got a question. Because I don't want to destroy the binding of my book, does anyone know if anyone scanlates Man of 20 Faces by CLAMP? I have a few pages I'd love to color for these contests from it, so I'm fishing around beore I scan in my copy since Tokyo Pop books tend to go to pot once they get scanned.

If no one knows, that's okay ^_^ I'm just curious.
 

LadyHatake

Aristocratic Assassin
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 17, 2006
Messages
6,438
Reaction score
357
Age
37
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: All-Purpose Contest Discussion Thread!

OMFG, REAVER = <33

I made your beautiful sunset oroSasu pic my wallpaper on my laptop <3333333333333

You rock, Reavie <3
 

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2005
Messages
19,231
Reaction score
1,275
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: All-Purpose Contest Discussion Thread!

Uozumi said:
I've got a question. Because I don't want to destroy the binding of my book, does anyone know if anyone scanlates Man of 20 Faces by CLAMP? I have a few pages I'd love to color for these contests from it, so I'm fishing around beore I scan in my copy since Tokyo Pop books tend to go to pot once they get scanned.

If no one knows, that's okay ^_^ I'm just curious.
The Thief of 20 Faces is being scanlated by Selene Scans ;) Up to Chapter 7 it seems.
 

Reaver Reload

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2005
Messages
259
Reaction score
49
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Re: All-Purpose Contest Discussion Thread!

Thanks for all the kind comments katy <3

Poor Clariwee must have missed it though, I edited it into the voting post =)

[clar]..talking about not reading the post properly..^^; sorry[/clar]
 

Uozumi

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2006
Messages
331
Reaction score
2
Age
41
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: All-Purpose Contest Discussion Thread!

Gold Knight said:
The Thief of 20 Faces is being scanlated by Selene Scans ;) Up to Chapter 7 it seems.
Thanks very much, GK. You are a knight in shining gold armor : D <3
 

Yondy

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 23, 2007
Messages
140
Reaction score
1
Age
38
Gender
Female
Country
Spain
Re: All-Purpose Contest Discussion Thread!

All of the entries for the March contest are stunning :wtf Both the Sasuke and the Naruto & Sakura ones are especially amazing!!


:turtle :turtle
 

clarity142

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2005
Messages
365
Reaction score
2
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Re: All-Purpose Contest Discussion Thread!

one more day before the end of submissions on all of our ongoing contest.
 

Uozumi

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2006
Messages
331
Reaction score
2
Age
41
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: All-Purpose Contest Discussion Thread!

How will we know who won the contests this week? Normally they were put on the front page of the site, but I haven't really seen a front page on this incarnation of MH.
 

clarity142

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2005
Messages
365
Reaction score
2
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Re: All-Purpose Contest Discussion Thread!

The voting for last week's Amateur Manga Coloring contest will be pushed to Thursday instead. Unfortunately due to the move i still need to fix some of the voting links. I'm really sorry about the inconvenience.
 
Last edited:

thegreatest08

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2006
Messages
360
Reaction score
7
Age
35
Gender
Hidden
Country
Australia
Re: Fanart of the Month Voting Details -Colored Category

sorry made a mistake, my vote goes for RaineJoybringer
 

hyro

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jan 8, 2007
Messages
31
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: All-Purpose Contest Discussion Thread!

Hey, where is my fanart (March, coloured)? I don't see it in the poll, what happened? Does it disqualified?
 

Uozumi

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2006
Messages
331
Reaction score
2
Age
41
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: All-Purpose Contest Discussion Thread!

Hey, where is my fanart (March, coloured)? I don't see it in the poll, what happened? Does it disqualified?
Do you mean this?

My submission for Coloured category (Uchiha Sasuke from Naruto)

Because I found that in the Advanced Coloring Topic for Week 14.
 

Sarada

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2005
Messages
89
Reaction score
36
Gender
Female
Country
Netherlands
Re: All-Purpose Contest Discussion Thread!

Yup, saw that too there. Is it fanart? And is it in the right section then? Because I have a fanart that I colored, but I didn't think i could submit it ( because it's not my own art).

And a question for the mods:

I noticed in the polls this line "-Kindly pick one for this week's contest. Not your own entry please"

Has the rule changed? Cuz I could think of a reason to change it, namely so the submitters can see the polls results, and not having to vote for the competition ... but I'd feel very uncomfortable voting for myself.
 

clarity142

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2005
Messages
365
Reaction score
2
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Re: All-Purpose Contest Discussion Thread!

And a question for the mods:

I noticed in the polls this line "-Kindly pick one for this week's contest. Not your own entry please"

Has the rule changed? Cuz I could think of a reason to change it, namely so the submitters can see the polls results, and not having to vote for the competition ... but I'd feel very uncomfortable voting for myself.
The rules has not changed. I believe since the beginning of the Art Contests the participants can vote but not for their own works.

We decided to have a trial run with the polls instead of PMs for the voting. The names or the ones who voted remains secluded but, as you pointed out, the results are public. Only the admins and techs can see who voted and their choices. They can modify the votes if ever someone mistakenly voted for the wrong entry.

Hope that answers your question. :amuse
 

Silhouette

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2006
Messages
1,222
Reaction score
48
Gender
Male
Country
New Zealand
Re: All-Purpose Contest Discussion Thread!

mine.
Sasuke beast mode.
Orthider is king. I love your shadings and hope you win
 
Top