The truth will set you free.

Status
Not open for further replies.

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: *unintelligible T-Rex shrieking sounds*

Jakarta is not too high from sea level. Our northern side opens right to sea. With generally not-so-good water system and trashes everywhere, no wonder we get flood easily. And also because we don't have much open space to keep the water that falls thanks to all the buildings and roads.
Well...that sucks. Longterm wise, you'd think your government would at least do something to improve the water system, as to minimize the damage as best they can, as being near sea level can't be helped.


Haha. No, not for now at least. But who knows if I change my mind in the future, though it is rather unlikely.

Not lucky, really. Just more selective. I could have chosen to study in Jakarta, but since I hate traffic and flood, I chose Surabaya instead. It's closer to my hometown too. :noworry
Ah, I thought Surabaya was your hometown since you mentioned it before :XD. It's good to be close to your hometown then, it must make it easier to visit back family when you're off, right?

Nope. Well, the heroine's background and personality is similar to me, but what happens to the characters is inspired by my friends' experience.
If a story is based on my own experience, it will be bloody and violent. :3c But I'm tired of killing off characters so... I have no choice but to write romance. My friends already commented that it's so-not-me since I lack love story in my life, not to mention my hostility to male species.
I'd like to read a bloody and violent story from you, even if it's not a romance. I hope the script you're working on turns out well then. Your hostility towards the male species amuses me quite a bit, I'm glad not to have been on the wrong side of the fence...yet.
 

phio_chan

the first and last bride
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Feb 11, 2011
Messages
9,149
Reaction score
3,397
Age
33
Gender
Female
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Re: *unintelligible T-Rex shrieking sounds*

Well...that sucks. Longterm wise, you'd think your government would at least do something to improve the water system, as to minimize the damage as best they can, as being near sea level can't be helped.
They already know about it. And it's probably hard to fix it, I don't know, since things didn't really improve since years ago, it seems.

Ah, I thought Surabaya was your hometown since you mentioned it before :XD. It's good to be close to your hometown then, it must make it easier to visit back family when you're off, right?
The only thing between her current place and her hometown is sea. :lmao
 

yukihime03

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 5, 2011
Messages
4,649
Reaction score
1,475
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Indonesia
Re: *unintelligible T-Rex shrieking sounds*

Ah, I thought Surabaya was your hometown since you mentioned it before :XD. It's good to be close to your hometown then, it must make it easier to visit back family when you're off, right?
The distance is no problem, the problem is time. And money.

I'd like to read a bloody and violent story from you, even if it's not a romance. I hope the script you're working on turns out well then. Your hostility towards the male species amuses me quite a bit, I'm glad not to have been on the wrong side of the fence...yet.
I have a fifteen minute play script, and it features death though it is categorized as tragic and ironic rather than bloody and violent. I also have a short story that is also... tragic. Wait... why do I write tragic more often? :blink
Hmm, but I'm writing a comedy-fantasy story now, so I think it's an improvement. I might start working on a bloody story as well. :3c
Thanks!
Haha. Make sure you never do. I'll hate to have your blood on my hands.

---------- Post added at 10:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:04 PM ----------

They already know about it. And it's probably hard to fix it, I don't know, since things didn't really improve since years ago, it seems.
Or they are just too lazy. :eyeroll

The only thing between her current place and her hometown is sea. :lmao
Well, that's what's airplane for. :noworry
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: *unintelligible T-Rex shrieking sounds*

The distance is no problem, the problem is time. And money.
I get that. Travelling between where I live now and London was a regular habit in my first few years here but after I began working and actually having a life here, it was more and more difficult to go back. I think I've only spent one summer back there since '07. When did you last visit your family?


I have a fifteen minute play script, and it features death though it is categorized as tragic and ironic rather than bloody and violent. I also have a short story that is also... tragic. Wait... why do I write tragic more often? :blink
Hmm, but I'm writing a comedy-fantasy story now, so I think it's an improvement. I might start working on a bloody story as well. :3c
Thanks!
Haha. Make sure you never do. I'll hate to have your blood on my hands.
Tragedy, death, bloody; just playing to your strengths right? :3c I think it's good that you're edging away from that and trying new genres, it's good experience and will give you confidence to try more different things.

I can't promise that, plus I don't think I can get bloodied that easily. :derp
 

benelori

The Hero MH Deserves
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2009
Messages
14,233
Reaction score
10,775
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Romania
Re: Be Done and Be Gone

*sees title*

....you don't even want an omelette?:gwah



























:3c
 

yukihime03

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 5, 2011
Messages
4,649
Reaction score
1,475
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Indonesia
Re: *unintelligible T-Rex shrieking sounds*

I get that. Travelling between where I live now and London was a regular habit in my first few years here but after I began working and actually having a life here, it was more and more difficult to go back. I think I've only spent one summer back there since '07. When did you last visit your family?
Me visiting them would be last January, I think. But my mom and dad visited me a few months ago here.

Tragedy, death, bloody; just playing to your strengths right? :3c I think it's good that you're edging away from that and trying new genres, it's good experience and will give you confidence to try more different things.

I can't promise that, plus I don't think I can get bloodied that easily. :derp
Well, I was just bored with murdering my characters. I want my characters to survive at least once. And then, most of my friends also write the same type of thing (yeah, we're a bunch of psychos) so I thought I want to try something new. I think I can do good with comedy, but writing romance is just.. :fail. I shivered in disgust whenever I type those lovey-dovey words. I think I'll go back to gloom and doom with spices of comedy when I write again.

Oh, you'll be surprised about that. :3c

---------- Post added at 09:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:16 PM ----------

*sees title*

....you don't even want an omelette?:gwah
Like I said, be done with the omelette and then be gone. :mono
 

benelori

The Hero MH Deserves
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2009
Messages
14,233
Reaction score
10,775
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Romania
Re: Be Done and Be Gone

I knew you wouldn't refuse...you won't regret it:nod

Your insides will be on fire again...:hip
 

yukihime03

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 5, 2011
Messages
4,649
Reaction score
1,475
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Indonesia
Re: Be Done and Be Gone

I knew you wouldn't refuse...you won't regret it:nod

Your insides will be on fire again...:hip
I love eggs, of course I won't refuse an omelette. :hmph

And... no. I don't want my insides to be on fire. I need them to be perfectly normal.
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: *unintelligible T-Rex shrieking sounds*

Me visiting them would be last January, I think. But my mom and dad visited me a few months ago here.
Ah, that's not too bad I think. Especially if they're able to visit you also, saves on money too.

Well, I was just bored with murdering my characters. I want my characters to survive at least once. And then, most of my friends also write the same type of thing (yeah, we're a bunch of psychos) so I thought I want to try something new. I think I can do good with comedy, but writing romance is just.. :fail. I shivered in disgust whenever I type those lovey-dovey words. I think I'll go back to gloom and doom with spices of comedy when I write again.

Oh, you'll be surprised about that. :3c
Sounds like a fun group of friends you have there. I wonder if you guys sit and discuss new devious ways to kill characters :derp. I think as with most things in writing, there is a relatable element that is used from the person's own life, so if you haven't really experienced that, then it'd be tricky to write it. So the solution is....find a guy. :teehee

You wouldn't really want to hurt me. :glomp
 

yukihime03

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 5, 2011
Messages
4,649
Reaction score
1,475
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Indonesia
Re: *unintelligible T-Rex shrieking sounds*

Ah, that's not too bad I think. Especially if they're able to visit you also, saves on money too.
Actually it does not really save money since the money for the flight is of course from my parents. I don't earn that much money.

Sounds like a fun group of friends you have there. I wonder if you guys sit and discuss new devious ways to kill characters :derp. I think as with most things in writing, there is a relatable element that is used from the person's own life, so if you haven't really experienced that, then it'd be tricky to write it. So the solution is....find a guy. :teehee

You wouldn't really want to hurt me. :glomp
We do. We have this "class" called Psychology of Killing Learning. We usually will gather and talk about the worst way to torture and kill people. We even discuss the psycho characters from movies, books, games, etc, to try learning their psycho ways. :oh
If only it is that easy. :eyeroll I think I still have some years ahead before I meet the "fated one".

Indeed, but I will if I have to. :mono
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: *unintelligible T-Rex shrieking sounds*

Actually it does not really save money since the money for the flight is of course from my parents. I don't earn that much money.
Do you work part time? or is this uni money you get that you're referring to?

We do. We have this "class" called Psychology of Killing Learning. We usually will gather and talk about the worst way to torture and kill people. We even discuss the psycho characters from movies, books, games, etc, to try learning their psycho ways. :oh
If only it is that easy. :eyeroll I think I still have some years ahead before I meet the "fated one".

Indeed, but I will if I have to. :mono
Sounds like a disturbing class, one which you'll either enjoy attending or feel quite uncomfortable about some of the things said in it.

Do you believe in "one true love" then?

Keep telling yourself that, dear :teehee
 

yukihime03

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 5, 2011
Messages
4,649
Reaction score
1,475
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Indonesia
Re: *unintelligible T-Rex shrieking sounds*

Do you work part time? or is this uni money you get that you're referring to?
Yep. I work as a lecturer's assistant in my uni.

Sounds like a disturbing class, one which you'll either enjoy attending or feel quite uncomfortable about some of the things said in it.

Do you believe in "one true love" then?

Keep telling yourself that, dear :teehee
Ah, but I love that class. :3c

I suppose I do.

You don't know me that well then. :mono I will do the things I have to do irregardless of my wishes.
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: *unintelligible T-Rex shrieking sounds*

Yep. I work as a lecturer's assistant in my uni.
Sounds quite cool. Any particular role you fulfill as assistant? and how often do you work a week?

Ah, but I love that class. :3c

I suppose I do.

You don't know me that well then. :mono I will do the things I have to do irregardless of my wishes.
No wonder you come up with such devious ways to kill characters; that class has corrupted you. Or should I say, you've corrupted everyone else in that class? :derp

Do you have an ideal type of guy then?

You don't have to do anything you don't want to. :squish
 

yukihime03

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 5, 2011
Messages
4,649
Reaction score
1,475
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Indonesia
Re: *unintelligible T-Rex shrieking sounds*

Sounds quite cool. Any particular role you fulfill as assistant? and how often do you work a week?
Well, I have to read the student's writing and check it for any grammatical mistake. Then I'll instruct the student on how to revise and improve their grammar in their writing. I work for around two hours a week.

No wonder you come up with such devious ways to kill characters; that class has corrupted you. Or should I say, you've corrupted everyone else in that class? :derp

Do you have an ideal type of guy then?

You don't have to do anything you don't want to. :squish
We corrupt each other. :mono

Not really. Just that he has to be my equal in every aspect... which is a pretty high standard, I have to say. :derp

Nope. Sometimes we have to do something we don't want to, usually for the reasons that it is for the good of many others.
 

phio_chan

the first and last bride
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Feb 11, 2011
Messages
9,149
Reaction score
3,397
Age
33
Gender
Female
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Re: *unintelligible T-Rex shrieking sounds*

Yep. I work as a lecturer's assistant in my uni.
Why do I feel like I didn't know this. :oh
 

Charlie

SIGH-KO 🦄
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2009
Messages
14,761
Reaction score
26,107
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Be Done and Be Gone

So yuki just yells at all the people? Telling them something like 'hey kid, yeah u wid the hat on' PIPE DOWN or something?
 

yukihime03

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 5, 2011
Messages
4,649
Reaction score
1,475
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Indonesia
Re: *unintelligible T-Rex shrieking sounds*

Why do I feel like I didn't know this. :oh
You don't? You're the second person who said this to me today. :oh A few hours ago, a friend in my organization said the same thing to the astonishment of me and other members since we meet almost everyday and it has almost been a year since I became an assistant. She must have been pretty ignorant not to know what everyone else around me know. :oh
Well, if it is you, I suppose it is still natural. You never ask and I never mention. We don't talk much about campus life anyway.

---------- Post added at 10:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:06 PM ----------

So yuki just yells at all the people? Telling them something like 'hey kid, yeah u wid the hat on' PIPE DOWN or something?
Nah. It is a pretty boring thing. I don't exactly teach in a class. Mostly it is individual conference. Just reading the students' essays and revising it.
 
Last edited:

phio_chan

the first and last bride
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Feb 11, 2011
Messages
9,149
Reaction score
3,397
Age
33
Gender
Female
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Re: *unintelligible T-Rex shrieking sounds*

So yuki just yells at all the people? Telling them something like 'hey kid, yeah u wid the hat on' PIPE DOWN or something?
No, she just glares at them. :x3

You don't? You're the second person who said this to me today. :oh A few hours ago, a friend in my organization said the same thing to the astonishment of me and other members since we meet almost everyday and it has almost been a year since I became an assistant. She must have been pretty ignorant not to know what everyone else around me know. :oh
Well, if it is you, I suppose it is still natural. You never ask and I never mention. We don't talk much about campus life anyway.
Yeah, that other friend sounds pretty ignorant. :p

Now I kinda feel like a bad friend. :oh But then again I don't think you've ever told me so yeah. That kinda explains your crazy schedule. Do you actually have to do that much being an assistant?
 

yukihime03

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 5, 2011
Messages
4,649
Reaction score
1,475
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Indonesia
Re: *unintelligible T-Rex shrieking sounds*

No, she just glares at them. :x3
I glare at my friends, not my students. :hmph

Now I kinda feel like a bad friend. :oh But then again I don't think you've ever told me so yeah. That kinda explains your crazy schedule. Do you actually have to do that much being an assistant?
Not much really. As I said, checking papers and stuffs. Most of the students don't bother to consult their papers to me, so I don't spend that much time. But when some students do consult, I have to set aside some time for them.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top