ferdinbeer

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
May 22, 2013
Messages
71
Reaction score
119
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Nanatsu no Taizai by Nakaba Suzuki

Where is Eli....??? :blink It's hard to believe Eli is somehow in that body, at least that she changed not only her size but her temperament. Known Eli wouldn't never hit Melodias in that way. Not even if he doesn't recognize her by looking to her changed eyes... Poor Melodias, that should be painful.

More worldbuilding, with others kingdoms entering the scene.

Nice chapter to me. :^_^
Danafor is a kingdom that Meliodas cratered in his "wrath," revealed in chapter 29.

My theory is they ate some funky mushrooms while they were getting food in the forest, and both shrunk. Ellie must be on her body somewhere, maybe in that pendant?
 

k-dom

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 5, 2008
Messages
6,280
Reaction score
2,460
Gender
Male
Country
France
Re: Nanatsu no Taizai by Nakaba Suzuki

I don't think they shrunk rather than fused.
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Re: Nanatsu no Taizai by Nakaba Suzuki

Lol, I did not see that coming. Nice surprise.

Good chapter because new information about Elizabeth was revealed in a clever way with a flashback. She is from another kingdom and I wonder how those kingdoms, their people and their countries act towards each other.

I think that magic did something to Elizabeth. I am curious on what happened exactly and how this happened!
 

ukimix

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 13, 2011
Messages
3,313
Reaction score
2,810
Gender
Hidden
Country
Colombia
Re: Nanatsu no Taizai by Nakaba Suzuki

Lol, I did not see that coming. Nice surprise.

Good chapter because new information about Elizabeth was revealed in a clever way with a flashback. She is from another kingdom and I wonder how those kingdoms, their people and their countries act towards each other.

I think that magic did something to Elizabeth. I am curious on what happened exactly and how this happened!
Also, it seems Melodias destroyed Elizabeth's natal kingdom. A little complication to their relationship, if true.
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: Nanatsu no Taizai by Nakaba Suzuki

I was way off the mark with my prediction of who Matrona could be lol. Very curious as to how Elizabeth and Diane came to be one entity, whose magical ability achieved this and more importantly how long this fusion lasts; if there is a time limit on there rather than a release spell.

Also, it seems Melodias destroyed Elizabeth's natal kingdom. A little complication to their relationship, if true.
Good spot, it'll definitely change their relationship when(guessing it's only a matter of time before the information is revealed)/if she finds out the truth. Especially if Elizabeth's real parents were still alive when this occured.
 

Samui

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 21, 2008
Messages
555
Reaction score
151
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Israel
Re: Nanatsu no Taizai by Nakaba Suzuki

Ah, so not only Elizabeth is actually adopted (I wonder if she knows it), but she comes from the same country which Meliodas destroyed?
 

k-dom

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 5, 2008
Messages
6,280
Reaction score
2,460
Gender
Male
Country
France
Re: Nanatsu no Taizai by Nakaba Suzuki

Ferdinbeer did you eat some fortune telling mushrooms ?!?

---------- Post added at 06:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:58 PM ----------

About the chapter it was comedy all 30 pages long. It seems King will be the buffoon of the Sins, his fight imagination/reality was really funny. Melodias vs Ban will be more serious and I wonder what will be the outcome. I hope it won't be a draw. Also there are some nice mystery added : the nickname of Diane, what Cain is really able of.
 

ukimix

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 13, 2011
Messages
3,313
Reaction score
2,810
Gender
Hidden
Country
Colombia
Re: Nanatsu no Taizai by Nakaba Suzuki

A major problem is now that they won't have nothing to eat when the tourney is over. Also, does anyone know what happen to a girl with no girl-talk for a prolonged period of time. And it should be worse, because Melodias was stupid in hurting Elizabeth feelings that way. Ok, the guy had a difficult problem to solve there with Diane's questions and feelings. But he should know Eli is not jealousy at all, so a short squeezing moment would have made the difference...

Poor Griamor, humiliated again in front of Veronika's eyes. I like Cain; it's my favourite to win the tourney.
 
Last edited:

The Black Sun

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jun 18, 2013
Messages
28
Reaction score
2
Age
29
Gender
Male
Country
Israel
Re: Nanatsu no Taizai by Nakaba Suzuki

I think Melodias will blow Ban away or just destroy the ground beneath him so it will count as out of borders....
and I feel sorry for King, blown away like that XD
 

Ninja_Pirate

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2010
Messages
1,152
Reaction score
463
Gender
Male
Country
India
Re: Nanatsu no Taizai by Nakaba Suzuki

It would be funny of both will blow away each other out of the tourney and both gets out in this round itself ... :p ... I want Dianne to win her treasure by herself .. or as predicted that cain turns out to be one of the sin... and wins it for Dianne./.. for the tourney .. Meliodas and ban are not my favorites anyways...
 

k-dom

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 5, 2008
Messages
6,280
Reaction score
2,460
Gender
Male
Country
France
Re: Nanatsu no Taizai by Nakaba Suzuki

The chapter doesn't disappoint me. The fight is fun with a nice panels layout. Also the little flashback is nicely placed. It does not seem like it is when Ban got is scar though.
 

ukimix

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 13, 2011
Messages
3,313
Reaction score
2,810
Gender
Hidden
Country
Colombia
Re: Nanatsu no Taizai by Nakaba Suzuki

I found pretty enjoyable that Melodias has brought joy to Ban's life. He took him out of the jail twice, both when Ban was deeply bored/depressed in there. :-)
I wonder how Griamor and Veronika are going to find Eli. Maybe Diane could lose her bra in the middle of a fight :blink
The strategical move of Hauser was just ... great.
 

d3ad3r

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Mar 19, 2009
Messages
36
Reaction score
9
Gender
Male
Country
Italy

The Black Sun

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jun 18, 2013
Messages
28
Reaction score
2
Age
29
Gender
Male
Country
Israel
Re: Nanatsu no Taizai by Nakaba Suzuki

I almost had a heart attack from excitement. and the flashback was nice~ what a way to remember XD
and Ban recovery ability is amazing O.O but since he's immortal he shouldn't have gotten that scar, so I wonder what Melodias full power is... I want to see it so badly :S
and the end really suprised me, Melodias is down O.O
 

Ninja_Pirate

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2010
Messages
1,152
Reaction score
463
Gender
Male
Country
India
Re: Nanatsu no Taizai by Nakaba Suzuki

Amazing chapter... no waste panels ... fight has been drawn quite well and very clear ,.. I can follow there moments for sure if not the public :p... What could have Ban done to Meliodas is a nice cliffhanger... And superb flash back... I see why other fights were rushed .. this is the only interesting fight for first round... it has lived up to the build up :)
 

jues

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 31, 2012
Messages
24
Reaction score
4
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Finland
Re: Nanatsu no Taizai by Nakaba Suzuki

In my opinion the chapter wasn't anything special, though I didn't find it disappointing at all. I think the authors style of showing couple of pages long flashbacks is an excellent choice. I find them more amusing and feel that they bring better flow to the story instead of long flashbacks, even though I'd enjoy one because the characters are so enjoyable.

The question for the next chapter is, what will Meliodas do? I didn't find the cliffhanger so exciting since it at least looks pretty clear that Ban has some sort of telekinesis ability. That feels so generic that I hope that the author really surprises me there.

My theory is they ate some funky mushrooms while they were getting food in the forest, and both shrunk. Ellie must be on her body somewhere, maybe in that pendant?
Close one.
 

Samui

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 21, 2008
Messages
555
Reaction score
151
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Israel
Re: Nanatsu no Taizai by Nakaba Suzuki

Just added the latest flashback to the timeline.

So, in the distant past there was a ancient war between the Maiden Clan and the Demon Clan, which resulted in the defeat of the latter clan.

Seven hundred years ago King leaves his country for unknown reasons, with his sister Elaine remaining as the sole guardian. (ch. 25.5)

The Seven Sins were most likely formed between twenty to ten years ago, as Ban wasn't yet a member. So twenty years ago the Fairy King's forest is attacked by the Demon, Elaine dies and Ban becomes immortal. A short time later, he's arrested for "his" crimes. (ch. 25.5) The Demon is found by Hendricksen.

Sixteen years ago, Meliodas busts Ban out of prison. He asks Ban to join him (ch. 34)

Meliodas and Diane meet for the first time. (ch. 8)

Ban goes through his phase of collecting stuffed animals, angering King. (ch. 18)

Ban tries to grab Meliodas' sword, causing the latter to leave a permanent scar on his neck. (ch. 9)

Ten years ago, the Great Holy Knight is murdered and the Sins are accused of trying to stage a coup d'état; they scatter around and disappear. (ch. 5)

Five years ago, Ban willingly lets himself get captured by the Weird Fangs. (ch. 14)
 
Last edited:

ukimix

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 13, 2011
Messages
3,313
Reaction score
2,810
Gender
Hidden
Country
Colombia
Re: Nanatsu no Taizai by Nakaba Suzuki

Just added the latest flashback to the timeline.
Pls could you remind me from where does it come the data about the Seven sins formed twenty years ago or less?
 

Mr. Arashi

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 6, 2010
Messages
882
Reaction score
183
Gender
Male
Country
Chile
Re: Nanatsu no Taizai by Nakaba Suzuki

After seeing this battle, i reminded Shen from the Dragon Ball's Tenkaichi Budokai when he fought with Yamcha... which resembles a lot with Cain, so i bet he's an important character in the series, hope not a Sin.

Good chap, better than the previous, the mushroom plot was one of the shittiest thing i ever seen in manga. After the semifinals the good guys will start the act to... don't know D: they are old knights and only want to retrieve Elizabeth.
 

Samui

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 21, 2008
Messages
555
Reaction score
151
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Israel
Re: Nanatsu no Taizai by Nakaba Suzuki

Pls could you remind me from where does it come the data about the Seven sins formed twenty years ago or less?
It's nothing but an assumption, honestly. Ban seems to be the closest to Meliodas, but he joined only 16 years ago. Meliodas was wearing the same cloths both when he met Diane and when he came to see Ban, so I think perhaps that he first met Diane then went to see Ban. The flashback where we see Ban get his scar is the first mention we have of Meliodas being the Captain of the Sins, and that is "a long time" after he and Ban met. I can only imagine that it's been atleast three years since their first meeting.
 
Top