ukimix

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 13, 2011
Messages
3,313
Reaction score
2,810
Gender
Hidden
Country
Colombia
Re: Nanatsu no Taizai by Nakaba Suzuki

It's nothing but an assumption, honestly. Ban seems to be the closest to Meliodas, but he joined only 16 years ago. Meliodas was wearing the same cloths both when he met Diane and when he came to see Ban, so I think perhaps that he first met Diane then went to see Ban. The flashback where we see Ban get his scar is the first mention we have of Meliodas being the Captain of the Sins, and that is "a long time" after he and Ban met. I can only imagine that it's been atleast three years since their first meeting.
In this chapter Melodias seems to be recruiting Ban. I would bet the sins should have formed 16 or more years ago, but not less than that.
 

Samui

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 21, 2008
Messages
555
Reaction score
151
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Israel
Re: Nanatsu no Taizai by Nakaba Suzuki

In this chapter Melodias seems to be recruiting Ban. I would bet the sins should have formed 16 or more years ago, but not less than that.
That's what I said. They likely formed between 20 to 16 years ago.
 

ukimix

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 13, 2011
Messages
3,313
Reaction score
2,810
Gender
Hidden
Country
Colombia
Re: Nanatsu no Taizai by Nakaba Suzuki

That's what I said. They likely formed between 20 to 16 years ago.
You should reread your post.
 

MattC302

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2010
Messages
820
Reaction score
296
Gender
Hidden
Country
Marine Headquarters
Re: Nanatsu no Taizai by Nakaba Suzuki

I'm bored of the fighting, but I liked the flashback and the relationship Ban and Melodias have.
 

Tauros

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 28, 2011
Messages
154
Reaction score
179
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Re: Nanatsu no Taizai by Nakaba Suzuki

Nanatsu No Taizai 35 Raw Spoiler



More Pics Click --> Heret
 

MattC302

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2010
Messages
820
Reaction score
296
Gender
Hidden
Country
Marine Headquarters
Re: Nanatsu no Taizai by Nakaba Suzuki

I was getting tired of the fighting, but this chapter was pretty cool and well choreographed.

Also, I hate using this term, but Ban is starting to look pretty hax. He's got immortality, his "snatch" power, AND he hasn't even gotten his weapon back yet. I look forward to how intense his fights will get once the story reaches it's climax.
 

k-dom

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 5, 2008
Messages
6,280
Reaction score
2,460
Gender
Male
Country
France
Re: Nanatsu no Taizai by Nakaba Suzuki

Yes there has to be limits to his powers or else it could become a bit dull. I guess we will see next week how this match ends but I wouldn't bet on Ban victory. It's a shonen after all :-)
It was interesting to learn about Ban power. It explains how he got the immortality fountain glass easily and the knife from the girl. And the fight is quite cool so I'm ok with it as long as it does not drag to much more. The other one were short enough to make the pace of this tournament to my liking.
 

MattC302

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2010
Messages
820
Reaction score
296
Gender
Hidden
Country
Marine Headquarters
Re: Nanatsu no Taizai by Nakaba Suzuki

I think Ban is getting a little drunk with power. He's losing himself a bit and is about to go too far. I predict that next chapter, Melodias will get disqualified because he is going to have to pull out his dragon sword and knock the sense back into Ban. Kind of reminiscent of the time when Ban tried to take his dragon sword and Melodias gave him that scar.
 

The Black Sun

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jun 18, 2013
Messages
28
Reaction score
2
Age
29
Gender
Male
Country
Israel
Re: Nanatsu no Taizai by Nakaba Suzuki

Ban is always like that, he's "having fun". when he face a strong opponent that how he act.
and the judge said that the hilt won't disqualified him. I think he will get a little mad and give one hell of a hit to Ban. maybe he'll use it like the beginning of the manga that he multiplied the attack and sent it back to the opponent.
 

k-dom

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 5, 2008
Messages
6,280
Reaction score
2,460
Gender
Male
Country
France
Re: Nanatsu no Taizai by Nakaba Suzuki

The serie will have 2 chapters in a single issue "soon".
 

MattC302

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2010
Messages
820
Reaction score
296
Gender
Hidden
Country
Marine Headquarters
Re: Nanatsu no Taizai by Nakaba Suzuki

The serie will have 2 chapters in a single issue "soon".
I saw that on Manga News Japan, but I wasn't sure about the accuracy of the French->English translation so I was skeptical. Does this mean it will have 2 chapters every issue? If so, jeez, between this and Fairy Tail, they really work their mangaka hard over at WSM :3c
 

k-dom

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 5, 2008
Messages
6,280
Reaction score
2,460
Gender
Male
Country
France
Re: Nanatsu no Taizai by Nakaba Suzuki

No only once. Magazine does that from time to time so it is not really unusual. But last time in Yamada-kun the second chapter was more a bonus chapter so I hope for this one both chapters will be plot related.
 

ukimix

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 13, 2011
Messages
3,313
Reaction score
2,810
Gender
Hidden
Country
Colombia
Re: Nanatsu no Taizai by Nakaba Suzuki

It's true the powers of a character in a shonen have to have a limit. But the limit is always seted also by the powers given to the other characters of the same manga. Ban looks hyper-powerful with his immortality and his snatch power. But that is only because we haven't seen the full powers of the others. If Melodias and other sins have comparable powers, then all of them will look hyper-powerful and then none of them. So, I'm not worried yet about Ban having much power. This chapter shows Ban pretty hax', the next one will show Melodias even more 'hax'.

My prediction is that in the last moment that demon Melodias seems to have inside will wake up and will help Melodias to definitely beat Ban.

I liked the chapter. All those punches were also used to explain the snatch power... But with many more punches they are going to knock me out.
 

Samui

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 21, 2008
Messages
555
Reaction score
151
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Israel
Re: Nanatsu no Taizai by Nakaba Suzuki

It seems obvious what Meliodas is planning to do now, he's going to unleash a super-powered Full Counter on Ban and win the match.

Anyhow, there seem to be atleast three restrictions on Ban's Snatch ability: First of all, it's all temporary. Secondly, he seem to need to stretch his arm forward, so perhaps it can be avoided. Third restriction is that the more powerful his opponent is, the longer it takes for the effect to kick in; notice how Meliodas managed to keep beating him up until suddenly he got weakened.
 

freeofgreed

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jun 10, 2013
Messages
12
Reaction score
2
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Nanatsu no Taizai by Nakaba Suzuki

Yes there has to be limits to his powers or else it could become a bit dull. I guess we will see next week how this match ends but I wouldn't bet on Ban victory. It's a shonen after all :-)
It was interesting to learn about Ban power. It explains how he got the immortality fountain glass easily and the knife from the girl. And the fight is quite cool so I'm ok with it as long as it does not drag to much more. The other one were short enough to make the pace of this tournament to my liking.
Agreed, all of the other fights in this tournament were paced perfectly, however this fight seems to be dragging just a bit. It also doesn't help that it appears that Ban's abilities seem a bit OP.
 

MattC302

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2010
Messages
820
Reaction score
296
Gender
Hidden
Country
Marine Headquarters
Re: Nanatsu no Taizai by Nakaba Suzuki

I'm still not really sold on Melodias' "inner beast/sealed power" thing he has going on with that mark. It feels like it has been done tons of times before. Even so, I give a pass to sketchy powers if they lead to cool fights.

This fight however, ended kind of "meh". Though I guess it wasn't a serious fight to begin with, but if it was going to end like that, it might have been better to combine it with last chapter's good choreography. No real reason to give an entire chapter to one punch.
 

ukimix

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 13, 2011
Messages
3,313
Reaction score
2,810
Gender
Hidden
Country
Colombia
Re: Nanatsu no Taizai by Nakaba Suzuki

I liked the chapter. If it was predictable that Melodias would beat Ban, I wanted to know how that was going to happen. I had told that it was going to be through his inner demon. It could be that if that demon is connected to the mark in his forehead. Anyway, the whole final moment is very similar to what happened back in Dalmary: Melodias is half-dead or practically knocked out and the mark in his forehand releases a mysterious overwhelming power; the parallelism between both situations makes me think again the author knows very well how he develops his characters.

I disagree a bit with MattC302 on the use of archetype. I wouldn't be worried about the inner beast or demon and sealed power archetype. Universal literature is full of the repetitions of some few images or archetypes or situations; for sure we could find the archetype of the inner beast even in texts previous to our modern civilization (Borges wrote an interesting short essay on that idea, following an idea developed by Paul Valery and others). Still it's always possible for an author to do it again in a very creative and exciting way. And still we don't know what is inside of Melodias, how that works, and what role will have in the plot.

It surprised me that even Diane and King ignore about the sealed power and about how that mark works. I was waiting for every sin to have an inner demon, but it seems it's only Melodias. That makes of Melodias an even more intriguing character to me.
 
Last edited:

Mr. Arashi

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 6, 2010
Messages
882
Reaction score
183
Gender
Male
Country
Chile
Re: Nanatsu no Taizai by Nakaba Suzuki

Meliodas' weapon with the wrath mark is shivering my bones of excitement! :verily

Ah, good chap, Ban ended on the wall as crushed spider, i like that.
 

k-dom

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 5, 2008
Messages
6,280
Reaction score
2,460
Gender
Male
Country
France
Re: Nanatsu no Taizai by Nakaba Suzuki

I wonder if Melodias can use the mark power at will or if he needs to be in a weakened mode.
 
Top