Movies The Movie Thread! - Continuation

Status
Not open for further replies.

juUnior

Intl Translator
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 17, 2006
Messages
5,153
Reaction score
1,771
Gender
Male
Country
Poland
thornofcarrion said:
G.I. Joe retaliation turned out to be a wastage of time. Plot was really weak and even the cinematic weren't enough to think it as a decent watch.
I 110% agree <and compared to the first one it was a disaster, if nothing else : ( <though I don't know what you think about nr1>

Recently watched 2 Sandokan movies with Steve Reeves and Sandokan mini-series with Kabir Bedi - I remembered watching those when I was a child BUT now I refreshed those and I must say: I'm freakin' sentimental, I loved all of them :wtf
 

Josef

Dank Trump
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2010
Messages
10,103
Reaction score
4,938
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Watched Rosemary's Baby last night, splendid acting, nice horror without the gore and blood elements that many horrors today use. Anticipation and dread are everything you need for a good scare.

No one which film is up for me tonight, but I hope I enjoy it as much.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,178
Reaction score
30,220
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Watched Rosemary's Baby last night, splendid acting, nice horror without the gore and blood elements that many horrors today use. Anticipation and dread are everything you need for a good scare.

No one which film is up for me tonight, but I hope I enjoy it as much.
Taxi Driver
 

Josef

Dank Trump
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2010
Messages
10,103
Reaction score
4,938
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Taxi Driver
Well I guess I know whats up for me tomorrow night. :p Since this night I already watched 12 Angry Men by Lumet, gah I really was on a roll with his films.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,178
Reaction score
30,220
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Well I guess I know whats up for me tomorrow night. :p Since this night I already watched 12 Angry Men by Lumet, gah I really was on a roll with his films.
The remake is also worth a watch.
 

Doraku

Repenting Smut Peddler
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 22, 2012
Messages
5,762
Reaction score
1,701
Gender
Male
Country
The Wall
I remember watching Lumet's 12 Angry Men for the very first time, completely blown away by how by using such a simple setting could produce an amazing picture. I haven't watch the remake yet, but probably I'll, sometime in the future.

On the other hand, was kinda disappointed by Woody Allen's To Rome With Love - just saw it two or three days ago. It has a great cast, but it's just.. underwhelming for most part. Midnight in Paris was good, so I'm kinda disappointed.
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Actually, I didn't think Midnight in Paris was even worth the nominations... I was shocked that it was included. I was entertained, but not to that extent...
 

Doraku

Repenting Smut Peddler
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 22, 2012
Messages
5,762
Reaction score
1,701
Gender
Male
Country
The Wall
Actually, I didn't think Midnight in Paris was even worth the nominations... I was shocked that it was included. I was entertained, but not to that extent...
I think it was fine - it was above average in terms of quality among movies released last year, hence the reason why it was nominated. After Vicky Christina Barcelona, I have yet to see another Woody's great work, all of his work post-Vicky so far have been underwhelming for me, somehow.
 

Zeltrax

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 30, 2009
Messages
3,138
Reaction score
1,583
Gender
Male
Country
Singapore
can't wait can't wait can't wait
 

Josef

Dank Trump
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2010
Messages
10,103
Reaction score
4,938
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
The remake is also worth a watch.
Hmm, I'll see tonight. :) And yeah Doraku^^, I really like courtroom dramas, he has a few and I love his directing style.

Anyone else seen the Pink Flamingos? XDD
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,178
Reaction score
30,220
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Hmm, I'll see tonight. :) And yeah Doraku^^, I really like courtroom dramas, he has a few and I love his directing style.

Anyone else seen the Pink Flamingos? XDD
Of course. John Waters, whacky Baltimore icon.

Watch Heat, by Michael Mann too. Long movie, but DeNiro and Pacino in one film. Epic.
 
Last edited:

Josef

Dank Trump
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2010
Messages
10,103
Reaction score
4,938
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Of course. John Waters, whacky Baltimore icon.

Watch Heat, by Michael Mann too. Long movie, but DeNiro and Pacino in one film. Epic.
I'm halfway through Taxi Driver, nice psychological take on Travis, no Jodie Foster so far, only two scenes. ;_;

Waters is epic, I love the behind the scenes from his movies, they are so realistically surreal. <_> XD But it eels like art right then and there. :p

Will do.
 

danzouismadara

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 26, 2008
Messages
2,951
Reaction score
640
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Has anyone seen Hara-Kiri? Is it good?
 

Imperium

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2007
Messages
5,221
Reaction score
10,351
Gender
Hidden
Country
Heard and McDonald Islands
Hahaha someone seriously took that essay and made it into a adhd-lite version. Read it instead here.
 

zelllogan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2005
Messages
2,205
Reaction score
1,001
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
I've seen Pacific Rim. And it should be in the guiness book: an entire movie made of cheesy lines. How can you put such a budget into great special effects & manage to offer something so poor. Acting is awful but it's not with the sentences put in the script that you can do better. The american scientist & Ron pearlman are the only ones spared. But the main trio: Jax from sons of anarchy, asian girl & black dude ... just awful.

I'm normally good at putting my brain to off to watch a movie but some things were just so big ... How can you miss it ?

Very Minor Spoilers:
- Asian girl is saying "you do too much useless movement". Guy answers "show me" & she start doing a kata ... a KATA ... AFTER A REMARK ABOUT USELESS MOVEMENTS IN A FIGHT ?
- The robot is using at some point a boat as a sword ... 5 minutes later, the robot had a real much more effective sword incorpored all along.

... the whole movie like that.
 
Last edited:

Schabrak

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 1, 2006
Messages
7,202
Reaction score
2,304
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Don't hate it so much, it is what it is supposed to be and does it iincredibly good, it's the first 3D movie where I forgot I'm wearing glasses; action, sets[nice future Hong Kong], mech realism & realism and some nice actors. Jax in the main possition with his usual walk from SoA XD, Mako Mori reminded me a bit much of the Cloud Atlas girl, to my mournful realization I had to hear a german dubbed Charly Voice, I love his talking style from ASIP. It was nice to see Perlman in a del Toro movie again, I won't stop dreaming of a Hellboy 3.

10/10 for daring to be a real hollywood budget Kaiju movie, easiy best movie of the last 12 months. :P Go watch it and make another del Toro movie possible! Can't wait for the new Godzilla movie, he really looks like old school godzilla again. :D
 
Last edited:

juUnior

Intl Translator
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 17, 2006
Messages
5,153
Reaction score
1,771
Gender
Male
Country
Poland
Schabrak said:
Can't wait for the new Godzilla movie, he really looks like old school godzilla again.
Yeah, and it seems it will be even bigger than in TOHO's films <3
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top