Doubles - Round 1 Block B - Chitose/Inui vs Marui/Kaidou | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Doubles Round 1 Block B - Chitose/Inui vs Marui/Kaidou

Vote for who you think wins this match.

• Chitose Senri / Inui Sadaharu

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Marui Bunta / Kaidou Kaoru

Votes: 3 60.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Doubles
Round 1 Block B

NameInui Sadaharu
GradeMiddle School 3rd Year
BirthdayJune 3rd
Height184 cm
Weight62 kg
HandednessRight
PlaystyleServe and Volley
NameChitose Senri
BirthdayDecember 31st
Height194 cm
Weight81 kg
HandednessLeft
PlaystyleAll Rounder

VERSUS

NameMarui Bunta
BirthdayApril 20th
Height164 cm
Weight62 kg
HandednessRight
PlaystyleServe and Volley
NameKaidou Kaoru
GradeMiddle School 2nd Year
BirthdayMay 11th
Height173 cm
Weight57 kg
HandednessRight
PlaystyleCounter Puncher

Serve order: Kaidou -> Inui -> Marui -> Chitose

This round ends on Saturday, August 17th, at 8 PM GMT.

Have fun discussing.

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Argentina
Marui / Kaidoh take it. I'd make the explanation longer but... the thing is that this pair is kinda like Kite / Marui. Bunta would cover everything at the net and, if something beats his defense, Kaidoh will be there with his combo. It was Inui the one that highly praised Kaidoh's combo, so even if he has a ton of data about him I'm not sure if he'll be able to do something. Chitose has Kamikakushi and nothing else here...

Yeah, Marui / Kaidoh win it.

Ninomiya

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
Not quite. Marui is the perfect man to clear up at the net.
Kite is the perfect man to clear up on a court in general. He has so far, the best court coverage in the series, depending on how serious you factor the side-effects of Rai.
Kaidoh just isn't Kite.
Inui probably knows Kaidoh just as well as Yanagi knows Kirihara. If so, then we get a complete shutdown.

Chitose/Inui take this completely.

Hardy

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Argentina
Why exactly? Why can't Kaidoh surpass Inui data like he has done before? It was Inui the one that called him "invincible" after all.

---------- Post added at 06:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:31 PM ----------

I do get the court coverage part though, but Kaidoh has managed to rally 1 vs 2 more than once before, even if his speed ain't above average.

LetalHawk

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Spain
Even if Inui knows Kaidou inside out, he would have a hard time dealing with Kaidou's Gyro Laser+ Tornado Snake combo. Marui and his myougis would cause also a lot of trouble. On top of that even Chitose can't use Saiki in doubles, and he only has Kamikakushi which isn't going to do anything here tbh and Muga.

If Marui doesn't seal the point, there's Kaidou behind him and even if his court coverage isn't as good as Kite's, he still has his Gyro combo and his monster stamina. Marui will get points with Myougis, mainly with Tightrope Walking and Temporal difference Hell. Also, Marui has Wonder Castle that blocks all of Chitose and Inui's shots so even if they lob him behind him is Kaidou with his Gyro Laser and I don't think neither Inui or Chitose can return it. Inui has Waterfall but he serves every three games and that won't make them win.

It's pretty clear to me. Inui knows Kaidou inside out yes but no way he'll deal with Gyro Laser and Marui's myougis. Chitose's Kamikakushi isn't something useful as it'll be blocked by marui's Wonder Castle (if it goes through him there's still Kaidou behind him to return it), moreover Chitose can't use Saiki.

Kaidou/Marui win 6-2 or 6-3.

Last edited:

-Ken-

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
I'll go with Inui/Chitose. I never saw Marui as player on Chitose/Inui level. Kaidoh maybe, but that's it. And Kaidoh laser is not really seem to be a ball that is hit of lob out of wonder castle.

LetalHawk

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Marui's a much better doubles player than Inui and Chitose. His volleys and reflexes are godlike. Inui and Chitose won't get a shot past him except for lobs, and kaidoh will hit Gyro Laser and score. I don't see how Inui and Chitose can get a shot past him outside of lobs, he perfectly dealed with Tohno's executions until he was injured (he would have returned the other executions too) and those shots are harder to return than what Inui and Chitose can hit.

This is doubles, not singles. Marui is one of the top doubles players, and I don't think neither Chitose or Inui can break Wonder Castle. If they lob him, Kaidou hits Gyro laser and scores.

Hardy

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Argentina
I'll go with Inui/Chitose. I never saw Marui as player on Chitose/Inui level. Kaidoh maybe, but that's it. And Kaidoh laser is not really seem to be a ball that is hit of lob out of wonder castle.
Gonna use your past arguments here.

MARUI IS 1ST STRINGER AND CHITOSE DIDN'T BEAT A 3RD COURT PAIR WITH HIS BEST PARTNER. MARUI >>>>>>>CHITOSE

:3

Ninomiya

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
I do get the court coverage part though, but Kaidoh has managed to rally 1 vs 2 more than once before, even if his speed ain't above average.
Yeah, Kaidoh didn't do well doing 1 VS 2. He was hopeless, until he had that 1 game which was one of the most epic performances in the series by an individual in Doubles btw, where he pulled out his Gyro combo.
Against an organized pair like Chitose/Inui, do you really think he'll have the same luxury?
It will work, Gyro combo is unstoppable if it hits, but people like Chitose and Inui are more than likely to be able to find ways to prevent him from spamming it, which would even the playing field more.

LetalHawk

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Yeah, Kaidoh didn't do well doing 1 VS 2. He was hopeless, until he had that 1 game which was one of the most epic performances in the series by an individual in Doubles btw, where he pulled out his Gyro combo.
Against an organized pair like Chitose/Inui, do you really think he'll have the same luxury?
It will work, Gyro combo is unstoppable if it hits, but people like Chitose and Inui are more than likely to be able to find ways to prevent him from spamming it, which would even the playing field more.
How so? If they don't hit a lob there's Marui with his WC that will return any shot they hit at him. He can catch practically anything, only a lob can break it but that should give kaidou enough time to prepare and launch his Gyro Combo.

For me, neither Inui or Chitose have a shot that can pass through Marui's WC. If he dealed with Tohno's executions, and it's likely he would have returned No.9 downwards, he will deal with any shot that Inui/Chitose hit. It's like that, if they only use lobs to break it, Kaidou will launch his Gyro Laser. It's also likely Marui will seal the point with any chance he has.

Last edited:

Hardy

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Argentina
He was hopeless, until he had that 1 game which was one of the most epic performances in the series by an individual in Doubles btw, where he pulled out his Gyro combo.
Yeah, it was against a Data player like Yanagi.

Yup.

Ninomiya

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters

MARUI IS 1ST STRINGER AND CHITOSE DIDN'T BEAT A 3RD COURT PAIR WITH HIS BEST PARTNER. MARUI >>>>>>>CHITOSE

lmao nicely done.

For me, neither Inui or Chitose have a shot that can pass through Marui's WC. If he dealed with Tohno's executions, and it's likely he would have returned No.9 downwards, he will deal with any shot that Inui/Chitose hit. It's like that, if they only use lobs to break it, Kaidou will launch his Gyro Laser. It's also likely Marui will seal the point with any chance he has.
No, Marui has been shown to be unable to truly attack when using WC.
However, Waterfall will probably take points and so will Kamikakushi.

Kamikakushi is an awesome move which completely defeated Suzuki at the net.

Considering Inui has seen the Gyro combo first hand and knows him very well, it is more than likely that Inui will be the one to be able to react to it the best.
He was able to predict when Kaidoh was going to bring out his Tornado Snake against Hyotei's Mukahi/Hiyoshi pair and has predicted various moves of Kaidoh accurately.
I don't see why we should suddenly assume Kaidoh will completely break his data now.
Especially when Inui has been with him at the camp at all times since they were both in the Mountains together.

-Ken-

Reaction score
Country
Thailand

Except Marui is NOT a 1st stringer. The badge fly to his feet, but #7+#8 win the match. So what makes him first stringer tier here? And he doesn't even win a single set.

And context does matter in this case. It's clear that Kawamura/Kabaji is not on the level of 1st stringer, but won due to them admitting their guts. It's also clear that Yanagi is also not, see the pathetic rate of 0% winning rate. It's even also clear that Oishi is not on 1st stringer level, but made it due to Niou. Marui got completely whoop and play around with by Kimijima, and would died if Kite wasn't protecting him when consecutive killer tech got pull out.

He's not even join other 1st stringer in their seat like Atobe did.

Nice attempt at trolling.

I'll do it again like you want it then. Marui lost against 1st stringer. He's not 1st stringer tier. None of the score is even a close game. It's not 6-4 or 7-5 or 7-6.

Last edited:

FrostyMouse

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Marui got completely whoop and play around with by Kimijima, and would died if Kite wasn't protecting him when consecutive killer tech got pull out.
Actually, Ken, you're kind of wrong here. Marui was easily handling 100% Tohno's shots with Wonder Castle and only had trouble when Tohno's racket flew out of his hand and injured Marui's eye. You're now claiming that how a player plays with only one useable eye is a good estimate of how they play? When Marui was screwed with by Kimijima, that was the beginning of the match before he gained Wonder Castle, so that's irrelevant now.

To be honest, Kaidou isn't Kite, and I can't see him working out as well as Kite did when dealing with a lob. I'm picking a 6-4 victory for Chitose/Inui here.

floman

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
India
Marui is a really tricky player because we know the Wonder Castle (I know it as perfect fortress) can't be beaten by a power based techniques, but both Chitose and Inui aren't powerful they play on tactics. Chitose was able to seal the first door of Muga against Tezuka which also seemed like an unbeatable technique.

Kaido has some of the best court coverage in the entire series and the laser-gyro combination is not easy to beat at all. Inui knows Kaido really well and therefore might have a slight advantage, but he did say that with the laser-gyro combination he is unbeatable. Inui also has the waterfall and Chitose has the kamikakushi serve (Marui can easily return this with super rising but I'm not sure about Kaido)

The deciding factor of the match will be the wonder castle. It could take a toll on Marui's stamina in which case kamikakushi comes back into the picture and data tennis could take full effect. In terms of Chitose losing to the third court, it was said that in terms of skill Chitose and Tachibanna were much better than their senpais, but they were beaten by their ability to synchro. Since Kaido and Marui are not going to synchro that is not as valid an argument.

Chitose could use Muga and imitate a technique that could beat wonder castle like the boomerang snake or the moon volley or even the wonder castle itself! (he did it with tightrope walking so it might be possible). However, in the end I would still go with Marui-Kaido just because it will take a while for Chitose and Inui to break wonder castle (if they can), but if they do Kaido's laser,gyro,boomerang, and short snake combination will allow for that push to pull through in the end.

Sorry for the length!

Last edited:

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
it was said that in terms of skill Chitose and Tachibanna were much better than their senpais, but they were beaten by their ability to synchro.
This was never said. In fact, before Washio and Suzuki activated Synchro, they were said to be even.

Also while it's nice to see a new face around here and I do appreciate your contributions, I'm sure all of us would like it if you could format your posts a little, so that they are easier to read. Just adding a few line breaks would already go a long way.

floman

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
India
My bad, you're right. Even still you cannot doubt Chitose's abilities as he is one of the few that have mastered Muga no Kyouchi.

-Ken-

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
Actually, Ken, you're kind of wrong here. Marui was easily handling 100% Tohno's shots with Wonder Castle and only had trouble when Tohno's racket flew out of his hand and injured Marui's eye. You're now claiming that how a player plays with only one useable eye is a good estimate of how they play? When Marui was screwed with by Kimijima, that was the beginning of the match before he gained Wonder Castle, so that's irrelevant now.
http://www.mangahere.com/manga/new_prince_of_tennis/v08/c089/4.html

Kimijima was going to use a move to try to break Wonder Castle here, but Kimijima had to be a jack*** and hit the ball instead. We know that those two aren't exactly on good term. And the page here doesn't look completely ineffective

http://www.mangahere.com/manga/new_prince_of_tennis/v08/c090/8.html

And really, if they were playing in Singles, a loop would mean gg every single ball. He's really not on 1st stringer tier.

Also, Ryoma really had no trouble playing with one eyes. Sanada too. That's really a sign of weakness there.

Hardy

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Argentina
And really, if they were playing in Singles, a loop would mean gg every single ball. He's really not on 1st stringer tier.
He's doubles 1st stringer tier, just like Mouri was. As Airgrimes explaines a while ago (Marui vs Kikumaru in the tier discussion) Marui has by far the best net play of all the MS, he's an awesome doubles player.

FrostyMouse

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
http://www.mangahere.com/manga/new_prince_of_tennis/v08/c089/4.html

Kimijima was going to use a move to try to break Wonder Castle here, but Kimijima had to be a jack*** and hit the ball instead. We know that those two aren't exactly on good term. And the page here doesn't look completely ineffective

http://www.mangahere.com/manga/new_prince_of_tennis/v08/c090/8.html

Also, Ryoma really had no trouble playing with one eyes. Sanada too. That's really a sign of weakness there.
We're not talking about singles, however. This is SPARTA (doubles)!

Tohno didn't break WC. Kimijima exploited the one obvious weakness in WC, but that set Kite up to smash the ball into his head with Ohabu.

Marui isn't Ryoma and that was only against Ibu at the start of PoT, not against a top player.. Sanada is getting toyed with by Shuuji and Ohmagari right now, although their stats seem to far outclass his.

Is Marui as good of a player as Kimijima or Tohno? No, but he found a way to counter them in doubles. Just because someone isn't a super awesome player doesn't mean that they're bad. By your own admission, Marui won a first string match, so he must be better than Chitose/Inui. We're not comparing Mouri to Duke or anything.

The fact is that Marui can be lobbed here and Kaidou isn't nearly as strong of a player from the back of the court as Kite is. With a good partner, the one weakness of WC can be handled, but without one, it's not really going to happen for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.