- Joined
- May 11, 2010
- Messages
- 371
- Reaction score
- 990
- Gender
- Male
- Country
-
She says: "I've walking with my mother just now."
She says: "I've walking with my mother just now."
I don't have much of a context, so maybe you have to change the sentence a bit.... but it's basically like this.
Thanks a bunch Riku and Lefance that fits great we thought it was along those lines but wanted to make sure didnt want to make up a line and it be offXD"I walked with mother just a while ago." or "I took a walk with mother just a while ago".
Okaa-san to issho ni sakki aruiteta. Sakki means something that has ended recently.


A class match is something like a festival
You have too many transcription errors. Translating this is like solving a puzzle. It might be fun, but too time consuming. Next time you should just post the original image. (And don't forget to explain the context as well)Someone could help me with this sentence?
つてまちが毎年泣くからさ
やめちゃつたんだよね冬眠
アルバム
あつたつけそんなこと。。。
ナツ
でさこの時もまちつたらさ
ナツ
私やつぱク都青の高校に行きたい
Thanks in advance.
New series Fudatsuki no Kyoko-chan by author YAMAMOTO Souichirou
ふだつきのキョーコちゃん」はシスコンのヤンキー高校生・札月(ふだつき)ケンジと、その妹のキョーコの物語。キョーコにちょっかいをかける男たちをことごとく排除してきたケンジだったが、その行動にはある理由があった。
"Fudatsuki no Kyouko-chan" is a story of a siscon Yankee high schooler Fudatsuki Kenji and his little sister Kyouko. Keiji's been utterly eliminating any men that would try make any moves on Kyouko, and there was a certain reason for it.
Hi there, I just wanted to point out a teeny error in the translation in the second panel's first double-jointed bubble. なったのは in that sentence shows that it is past tense so the line actually translates as:A class match is something like a festival
Rather than winning or losing
//It's more important that everyone has lots of fun!
--
---Besides
//Even if your time is slow, it's just a temporary slump
Maybe you'll be back in great shape for the real thing!
--
Well, anyway
//Let's just relax!
Relax!
From what I can see the biggest mistake in your translation is actually just a simple one. If you take a look at the raw you might notice that a lot of つ letters are actually smaller than the ones around them, The difference between つ and っ is that the smaller one denotes a kind of pause or glottal stop. It'll change the word かつぱ (katsupa) into かっぱ (kappa). So looking at your sentences without context I think this is how it was supposed to be;Someone could help me with this sentence?
つてまちが毎年泣くからさ
やめちゃつたんだよね冬眠
アルバム
あつたつけそんなこと。。。
ナツ
でさこの時もまちつたらさ
ナツ
私やつぱク都青の高校に行きたい
Thanks in advance.
According to the corpus that my dictionary draws from, 如く is used as follows. 彼は脱兎の如く逃げた; He ran like a scared rabbit. As far as I can tell, your only real mistake is in the style you use for the translation, not the actual interpretation....
ナッ
Same issue - Probably the SFX 'na', maybe being used as masculine ね/right?
...
---------- Post added at 01:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:07 PM ----------
p1t1: On that battleground........
The woodfowl's impression quietened and
the impression of the carnage/fight won over.
p1n: Meaning the chicken woodcarving.
...
p2t2: so pathetic,
so embarrassing/humiliating...
月刊ヤングキング(少年画報社)は本日8月16日発売の10月号から、誌名をアワーズGH(じーえいち)にリニューアル。これに伴い発売日は毎月16日に変更された。なお掲載内容は変わらず、月刊ヤングキングの連載を引き継いでいる。
リニューアルを記念して今号では、複製原画と描き下ろしの小冊子、およびクリアカード5種類のセットを抽選で100名にプレゼント。複製原画は今号の掲載作品から、カラーや見開き問わず好きなページをリクエストできる。
また小冊子は、連載陣がリニューアル告知用に描き下ろしたマンガを収録したもの。クリアカードは大井昌和「おくさん」、金平守人「漫犬~エロ漫の星~」、クリスタルな洋介「M・ゲーム」、けんたろう「百騎夜行」、塩野干支郎次「この人類域のゼルフィー」の5種類だ。
Not at all, in fact it helps us learn and improve for which I'm grateful for.According to the corpus that my dictionary draws from, 如く is used as follows. 彼は脱兎の如く逃げた; He ran like a scared rabbit. As far as I can tell, your only real mistake is in the style you use for the translation, not the actual interpretation.
p1t1: "On that battlefield...... It was as if the woodfowl grew silent, and then, the fighting was carnage"
p1n: Hard to make out, but ~のこと talks about objects as everything relating to them, "The chicken woodcarving (as an object)"
p2t2: humiliating is perfect, as it conveys the formal sense of archaic speech. Embarassing has a much less weighty sense to it. Also of interest is this, which states that のう may be used as an archaic alternative for ない or なぁ, which gives us 情けない/shameful. In a samurai manga, shameful is a perfectly valid word to use.
So there you go, if you don't mind corrections. Do understand though, that your translation was by no means bad or below par, I just have a habit of trying to perfect things that are already good enough, especially when I feel that I or the other person can learn an interesting little tidbit; that and I only just finished stumbling upon that article yesterday.
By the looks of it, the portion which concerns you is the first paragraph. The essence of it is as follows:Monthly Young King Ours had a name change this month and something about a renewal of publication can anyone tell me if it mentions it's being done by the same publisher Shōnen Gahosha or is it being picked up by someone else? It looks like none of the manga series has been affected here's the article any info much appreciated
First paragraph was more than enough thanks a ton! So dropped the Young King Name completely I def didn't expect that guess there looking for a fresh start just glad series weren't effected means we will still get our monthly dose of Drifters and World Embryo. I'll keep a look out on there site for changes so I can import it on CdJapan when releasedYeah, there you go!
I kinda picked up on your skill as a translator, so I figured my role was to catch any little mistakes. I find that when you know something well enough, you make small mistakes. Sometimes it takes a fresh set of eyes to catch the mistakes that are made when a sharp mind fills in blanks. Being a good reader, I'm dyslexic when I read at a normal pace because my mind has learnt to fill in blanks quickly. On p1n, my comment of 'hard to make out', was in reference to the kanji being blurred so much. Your original translation was fair enough. As for the しゅう, I have yet to encounter it aside from this manga, however, from a quick google search and the manga, I concluded that it is at very least, semantically equivalent to 恥ずかしい. deplorable is an excellent word, and the reason I made a B-line for shameful was also that it seemed like a 武士道 sort of word involving honour.
---------- Post added at 08:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:17 PM ----------
By the looks of it, the portion which concerns you is the first paragraph. The essence of it is as follows:
"Monthly Young King (Shonen Gahosha) has announced in the issue on sale today that effective from the November issue, they have renewed their name into Awaazu GH (Hours?). Accompanying this, they will now release on the 16th of each month. The content of the magazine will not be changing and will take the place of Monthly Young King."
They then move on to speak about promotional materials related to the name change, such as a special reprint of original artwork (presumably a cover), a pamphlet, and a set of five 'clear cards' which will be raffled away to a lucky one hundred. They then describe that the reprint will be from this issue, but possibly a colour print or a two page spread, etc. Finally, they move on to mention that the pamphlet is a manga made for the purpose of explaining the name change and then list the five different clear cards to collect.
If you need a better translation, feel free to ask. I made a very raw outline that should suffice. It appears that Shounen Gahosha is still the publisher, but it is not explicitly mentioned, so you'll probably want to keep up with the news.
