Discussion What Are You Reading? What Do You Plan on Reading Next?

ComradeLewis

Translator
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Sep 4, 2013
Messages
18
Reaction score
9
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I've just started the Musashi series by Eiji Yoshikawa. I was putting it off thinking that it was going to be sombre or self-important, but I'm totally surprised how humorous it is. I've only read 3 chapters so far, but I am enjoying it quite a bit.
 

Asarii

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 2, 2010
Messages
2,927
Reaction score
1,962
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
I finally started reading Tower of God! It's my first webcomic/toon so it's definitely a new experience having to scroll down a lot. :p
 

MattC302

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2010
Messages
820
Reaction score
296
Gender
Hidden
Country
Marine Headquarters
I just started reading Samurai Papa. First chapter was cute and funny.

I also started Flag Time. I think the first 3 chapters should have been condensed into one shorter chapter, but it has promise.

Finally, I'm reading Girl's Ride. It's a nice shoujo ai about girls bonding over motorcycle riding, and I like the art.
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
I decided to start Yozakura Quartet because I am really excited for the upcoming anime, and want to read the first three or four volumes, which won't be fully covered.
 

ukimix

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 13, 2011
Messages
3,313
Reaction score
2,810
Gender
Hidden
Country
Colombia
I finally started reading Tower of God! It's my first webcomic/toon so it's definitely a new experience having to scroll down a lot. :p
When I read it I was jumping over the ending notes. Later I discovered it was a mistake and had to read them.

I like much Nanatsu no Taizai, so I will begin Kongou Banchou by the same author. It has many good comments.
 

Faust

Artist
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 4, 2010
Messages
5,124
Reaction score
20,249
Gender
Male
Country
Winterfell
Me-Teru no Kimochi
 

k-dom

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 5, 2008
Messages
6,280
Reaction score
2,460
Gender
Male
Country
France
Wingtip Cafe is translating an old adventure manga called Pygmalion. I am just at the beginning but I really like it so far. This was the time when shoujo were written by men so it's not really different from shounen. It's also quite funny to see the old design and the old gimmick. If you are into classic, it's a nice catch.
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,076
Reaction score
6,934
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Gundam Origin v3 from vertical, best line so far has been the Its no Zaku! I wish it could be animated someday, up there with Gundam Wing for best Gundam.
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Gundam Origin v3 from vertical, best line so far has been the Its no Zaku! I wish it could be animated someday, up there with Gundam Wing for best Gundam.
There will be an anime for Gundam the Origin, Sunrise/Bandai will provide more details sometime in 2014 or 2015. It probably will come out next year, 2014 is the 35th anniversary of the original Gundam.
 

Asarii

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 2, 2010
Messages
2,927
Reaction score
1,962
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
When I read it I was jumping over the ending notes. Later I discovered it was a mistake and had to read them.
....oh??? :blink I'll make sure to read the ending notes from now on. :p Thanks for telling me!
 

Faust

Artist
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 4, 2010
Messages
5,124
Reaction score
20,249
Gender
Male
Country
Winterfell
Dragon Ball, start of Demon King Piccolo Arc!
 

Googlez_kun

MH's Best Artist
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Oct 22, 2008
Messages
9,744
Reaction score
8,510
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
So I read Aqua today and thought I'd continue with Aria. However, I've heard lots of good stuff about the anime, so I'm not sure which one I should go for first. Is the anime different from the manga? Are there any things to consider?
 

Doraku

Repenting Smut Peddler
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 22, 2012
Messages
5,762
Reaction score
1,701
Gender
Male
Country
The Wall
Somehow I stumbled upon Ode to Kirihito; An old manga made by Osamu Tezuka. It's weird, but it's still entertaining and challenging to read. The left open ending made me quite sad though.

So I read Aqua today and thought I'd continue with Aria. However, I've heard lots of good stuff about the anime, so I'm not sure which one I should go for first. Is the anime different from the manga? Are there any things to consider?
I recommend you to watch the Anime first. As far as I can remember, there isn't any significant difference between anime and manga.
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,700
Reaction score
61,407
Gender
Male
Country
France
I recently started Sakamoto desu ga? This is awesome, Sakamoto is just fabulous! I will read the first volumes of Yozakura Quartet before watching the new anime.
 
Last edited:

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
I finished Yozakura Quartet. Epic series, a really fun, exciting manga. Reminded me of the feeling I got when I was new to reading manga. After that I started reading Pupa. The upcoming anime looks good, so I wanted to give the manga a try first.
 

MattC302

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2010
Messages
820
Reaction score
296
Gender
Hidden
Country
Marine Headquarters
I started reading Anagle Mole. The art caught my eye a long time ago, but I didn't want to start until the hiatus was over. It really isn't as good as I wanted it to be. Pretty conventional, bordering on mediocre shonen battle manga. I really like the art style though and the characters are likeable. Plus, the story is improving a bit and there is plenty of potential.
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,076
Reaction score
6,934
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I finished reading Sleeping Moon v1 and v2 (from Kana Miyamoto, yaoi manga) which was a good story and pick up from sublime manga. Really enjoyed both volumes and Kano Miyamoto gave her characters both male and female good art. The supernatural story was wonderfully told in all nine chapters plus the bonus and even spanning across two time periods with its deep curse plotline and backstory there and trying to solve the mystery/paradox of it all didnt feel cramped or constrained within the two volumes. In fact it was told quite well and even gave nice amounts of moments between Akihiko and Ren, Akihiko and Eitarou and even for the side characters to have some nice development too. Glad I purchased it and will reread again sometime. Its was really good.

And then vol 12 of Psyren I had picked up and hadnt read for awhile but finally got to it. Melchiz Vortex ftw! Hope theres even more creative attacks coming later.
 

MattC302

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2010
Messages
820
Reaction score
296
Gender
Hidden
Country
Marine Headquarters
The cover art of Ballroom e Youkoso caught my eye back when it was nominated for the Manga Taisho Award, so I'm happy to see in scanlated. The first chapter is being released in two parts, and the first part was pretty enjoyable with a nice art style. I look forward to reading more.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Nii

k-dom

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 5, 2008
Messages
6,280
Reaction score
2,460
Gender
Male
Country
France
Funny because I just read this week another manga about ballroom dance called Butter!
 

MattC302

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2010
Messages
820
Reaction score
296
Gender
Hidden
Country
Marine Headquarters
I just read the first volume of 'Watamote' that Yen Press released. It was pretty funny, but also kind sad. I feel bad for Tomoko.
 
Top