Life The MangaHelpers Confessional Thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Faust

Artist
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 4, 2010
Messages
5,120
Reaction score
20,234
Gender
Male
Country
Winterfell
I confess I find it very hard to picture the past in color. like, pre-60s. I guess it's because of movies. :\
Try to watch modern movies that was set in that time.
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
Like Gangster Squad. Definitely helps, but I guess I'm too used to black and white of the olden days. Funnily, I also imagine Medieval Ages in paint/painted glass. :lmao
 

blai

Corporate
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 20, 2008
Messages
12,457
Reaction score
6,167
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
That sentence makes no sense. Yeah, you might have been thinking about how little it affected you, but meanwhile, you were still thinking about his death. You lied in bed all day. Would you have rather been torn up by it, sobbing uncontrollably?

From someone who's mostly slightly narcissistic and apathetic and hates the fact I can't care nor show emotions "appropriate" to more extreme emotional situations - yes.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,178
Reaction score
30,220
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
From someone who's mostly slightly narcissistic and apathetic and hates the fact I can't care nor show emotions "appropriate" to more extreme emotional situations - yes.
I've had the same issue before myself, and question my reactions as well (death of family members, mom's illness). I asked out curiosity, quite frankly. Sometimes it's nice to cry and release everything you bottle up. But if you don't, it doesn't mean you need to be borderline-neurotic over it either.
 

Naomi

MH's Most Beautiful Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 6, 2010
Messages
3,193
Reaction score
6,936
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fun Forum
So this past weekend (September 28th) I went to a Magic tournament where I ended up tying for Forth but because of Tiebreakers I actually finished 10th. I am actually getting ready for another one coming up soon in Dallas that I am working on and I am hoping to repeat that performance, because losing 450$ to tie breakers really sucks. Plus the fact that my Deck List got posted on the Internet and I've been getting Facebook Messages all week about my deck.
You've already gained so much more for shooting high, but I'm certain the ultimate outcome will harbor much more payoff than you'll be able to measure with this instance. I've had similar experiences in the past (and the outcome is yet determined), but I presume it is bright... Or at least worth it.

ANYWAY, if you're if Dallas, let me know the exact time and dates via PM. I lost my phone a couple of weeks ago, but I check MH very often and my email address as well, which I think you already have. I'll come see you at the tournament to the very least!!

---------- Post added at 02:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:23 PM ----------

Ethanol will make the sharpie wipe off also. That's why I'm really careful not to get it anywhere.
AFFIRMATIVE, BUT WHY WOULD YOU WASTE ETHANOL ON THAT.... NO MA'AM. NO.

Science-related: I was sterilizing a spreader to spread bacteria on a plate and the bunsen burner was too close to the ethanol and it lit on fire... and also broke the bowl I had it in. I think was pyrex too.

I couldn't tell the truth to my boss. :fail
It's ok... :comfort We all set some shit on fire once in our career. Whether is be some replaceable glassware, or the arm hairs on our lab partner's arm. Maybe even six times. But why couldn't you tell the truth? D:
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
It's ok... :comfort We all set some shit on fire once in our career. Whether arm hairs on our lab partner's arm. Maybe even six times.
:cookiestare

Six... times?
 

Naomi

MH's Most Beautiful Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 6, 2010
Messages
3,193
Reaction score
6,936
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fun Forum
Most of the time I'm totally fine, but then there are the times that I wish I could find that one person... That one person who would play through the Star Trek video game with me ALL the way through.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,178
Reaction score
30,220
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Most of the time I'm totally fine, but then there are the times that I wish I could find that one person... That one person who would play through the Star Trek video game with me ALL the way through.
They'd have to be a masochist obviously, right? :e3
 
Last edited:

Naomi

MH's Most Beautiful Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 6, 2010
Messages
3,193
Reaction score
6,936
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fun Forum
In more ways than one.
 
  • Like
Reactions: xi0

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
Most of the time I'm totally fine, but then there are the times that I wish I could find that one person... That one person who would play through the Star Trek video game with me ALL the way through.
I feel the same, but mostly with driving and traveling. Someone willing to brave the unknown and long walks to anywhere, mainly because of wrong direction or getting lost. While having fun on the way. Then I remember that I wouldn't have as much freedom, and that makes me wonder. Hard to choose between freedom and not wanting to be alone at times.
 

earthforge

MH's Most High Quality Poster
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 13, 2006
Messages
1,563
Reaction score
865
Gender
Female
Country
United States
I confess that while my classmates are complaining that they'd rather be partying with everyone else in the dorm instead of working on project proposals in the library, I'm staying in the library working because I have learned that I hate late-night dorm parties. Last weekend I came back to see classmates walking around topless and dancing to loud music. The screaming and music kept me awake in my room for two hours as I had to refrain from destroying the speakers they were using. :-_-
 

Faust

Artist
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 4, 2010
Messages
5,120
Reaction score
20,234
Gender
Male
Country
Winterfell
I confess that while my classmates are complaining that they'd rather be partying with everyone else in the dorm instead of working on project proposals in the library, I'm staying in the library working because I have learned that I hate late-night dorm parties. Last weekend I came back to see classmates walking around topless and dancing to loud music. The screaming and music kept me awake in my room for two hours as I had to refrain from destroying the speakers they were using. :-_-
It's hard to be a good student huh?
 

earthforge

MH's Most High Quality Poster
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 13, 2006
Messages
1,563
Reaction score
865
Gender
Female
Country
United States

Charlie

SIGH-KO 🦄
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2009
Messages
14,757
Reaction score
26,044
Gender
Male
Country
United States
More like I get very vindictive if anyone gets between me and a good night's rest.
Care to cite a bit more details on this?
I'm a little curious after reading that :XD
 

AshCandyPop

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Oct 12, 2013
Messages
40
Reaction score
24
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
I am so talkative IRL that at times I find myself hating myself when I post single short sentences. And guess what @earthforge, you may find me irritating then. There are times when I wake up and couldn't go back to sleep right away I message my friends on the wee time of the morning then call them when they reply. The topic of our discussion? None at all. *insert hysterical laughter*
 

Pat

Lost and Found
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 6, 2011
Messages
6,776
Reaction score
7,040
Gender
Male
Country
Gotei 13
I confess that while my classmates are complaining that they'd rather be partying with everyone else in the dorm instead of working on project proposals in the library, I'm staying in the library working because I have learned that I hate late-night dorm parties. Last weekend I came back to see classmates walking around topless and dancing to loud music. The screaming and music kept me awake in my room for two hours as I had to refrain from destroying the speakers they were using. :-_-
You can use earplugs. :nod

If you wake up by an alarm, that may be problematic though.

Care to cite a bit more details on this?
I'm a little curious after reading that :XD
I'm more curious about the party. :p
 

Faust

Artist
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 4, 2010
Messages
5,120
Reaction score
20,234
Gender
Male
Country
Winterfell
I confess that I think I will die early, just like Portgas D. Ace. He died at 20 in One Piece. Oh shit. I'm already 19.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top