- Joined
- Sep 19, 2012
- Messages
- 2,616
- Reaction score
- 2,843
- Gender
- Male
- Country
-
I'd probably do the same thing and just buy a bunch of volumes, but the store I go to jacks up the prices so much that I really can't afford to buy anything other than what I really, really want so it's harder to experiment and find new series. There's a used bookstore around the corner that has stuff for cheap, but they never have what I actually want... Anyway, I think the reason Young Ace has furigana is that it really is meant to be a borderline magazine between shounen and seinen. The few series in it that are actually what I'd call really mature (Kurosagi Corpse Delivery Service and some other one with a title that I don't actually know how to pronounce) actually don't have furigana, so I think it's like saying "Here's a bunch of slightly seinen series that are easy to read, and here's a few that you get for free with them to practice on." I'm actually not sure if Comic Alive does anything like that, but Dengeki Daioh and Dengeki Maoh both have series with and without furigana, although one is shounen and one is seinen.I should read Grand Jump just to see if I like it. Though it took me a while to warm up to WYJ beside Nejimaki. Now I generally like most of the mag. I guess it helped that I started to force myself to read non furigana'd series so I could practice translating Nejimaki.
I agree with you on Young ace. I read Blood Lad in there and am surprised despite being a 'Young' magazine that it has furigana. I wonder what the deal is with that? I've never read Comic Alive though.
I'll look for GX raws, and hope that the Nejimaki chapter ends up in a volume at some point. I'm not dying to read it, though it would be nice. I've been trying not to download online raws for Nejimaki since I intend on buying like six volumes at once around Christmas time, but It's gotten me curious as to how long the series could go? At least in the last chapter I read two months ago, it looks like they're visiting the past of a certain someone....
...In a vain attempt to keep this thread on topic, I'll just say that I hope Liar Game's return date is announced soon since it's almost winter.
