Help Short & Quick Translation Request Thread [Thread for members with little/no JP/C/K knowledge. OP for

cmertb

Translator
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Sep 18, 2009
Messages
416
Reaction score
206
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Short & Quick Translation Request Thread (Thread for members with little/no JP knowledge. OP for instruction.)

Something like "Class of Screaming" or "Screaming Class", the language is Japanese, and I have no idea what you mean by "style of writing".
 

Goral

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 2, 2007
Messages
1,665
Reaction score
1,994
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
Poland
Re: Short & Quick Translation Request Thread (Thread for members with little/no JP knowledge. OP for instruction.)

I would humbly request a translation of a double bubble (frame 1/2).
Here's the translation I have (translated from French since no one is willing to translate it directly from Japanese):

That's the second time it happens. Some would say the supplies department is slacking off on its work.
Right. // I understand. (it seems that there is a lot missing here)
And can't you do something about that smell? It fucking stinks here!
Don't you forget we're risking our lives every single day in that god-damned desert!
Hee...
Supplies department, military command... No way I'm dealing with either of them.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Utsune

風立ちぬ いざ生きめやも
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 12, 2012
Messages
2,922
Reaction score
2,560
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Re: Short & Quick Translation Request Thread (Thread for members with little/no JP knowledge. OP for instruction.)

I would humbly request a translation of a double bubble (frame 1/2).

Here's the translation I have (translated from French since no one is willing to translate it directly from Japanese):

That's the second time it happens. Some would say the supplies department is slacking off on its work.
Right. // I understand. (it seems that there is a lot missing here)
And can't you do something about that smell? It fucking stinks here!
Don't you forget we're risking our lives every single day in that god-damned desert!
Hee...
Supplies department, military command... No way I'm dealing with either of them.
Yo Goral,

The double-bubble specifically reads:
"wakarimashita
wakarimashita yo

soreyorimo
antara
"

which is kinda like:
"Right, I got it, I got it.

Anyways,
you guys"

The translators have chosen to stick the latter part of the bubble into the next bubble. But I notice this might make it sound as if the soldier is the one also complaining about the smell when it is the supplies dude further irritating the soldier, so here's my take on the whole thing:

A: It's happened twice now! More like the supplies dept is slacking off, ain't it?!
B: Right, right, I got it I got it.
B: Anyways, can't you guys do something about the smell? [It stinks so much that] I can't breathe in here
A: Bastard! [Don't you forget] we're risking our lives every single day in that [god-damned] desert!
B: Heee... (TN: Voice they make when they get intimidated/scared.)
C: No way I'm joining* the supplies dept or the military... (*TN: The verb is "to go," and can also mean "to join [something]" depending on the context, which I'm assuming is the case here. EDIT: I do think "dealing with" has a better feel in this context.)

Hope this helps :)
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Ana Clara

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 22, 2012
Messages
92
Reaction score
2
Age
33
Gender
Female
Country
Brazil
Re: Request Thread

I would like some help with these sentences:
1) "何故こんな事になったのか全く記憶にないが". That sentence is about the grey-hair guy.
Context: The grey-hair guy (Hiroki / Kamijou /大嫌) hadn't cared about Christmas, since he isn't christian. But, on December 25th, he did something that he regreted, so he started hating Christmas.

2) "野分の体温が俺の全てを温 めて溶かしていく". The two guys on the scene are Nowaki (野分) e Hiroki (大嫌)

3) "通話5時間!?" Did the phone call last for 5 hours?
 
Last edited:

Herme

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Mar 1, 2013
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Re: Short & Quick Translation Request Thread (Thread for members with little/no JP knowledge. OP for instruction.)

Hello there, I'd like some help with this sentence: 緊張していろ時は掌に『人』とゆー字を3回書いてそれを飲み込むといいんですよ

Apparently the girl was talking about some Japanese habit, since the guy with her then asked her if there was any scientific basis for it.

 

cmertb

Translator
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Sep 18, 2009
Messages
416
Reaction score
206
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Short & Quick Translation Request Thread (Thread for members with little/no JP knowledge. OP for instruction.)

Hello there, I'd like some help with this sentence: 緊張していろ時は掌に『人』とゆー字を3回書いてそれを飲み込むといいんですよ
When you're nervous, you should draw the "人" character on the palm of your hand three times and then swallow it.

---------- Post added at 11:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:13 AM ----------
Ana Clara:
1) "何故こんな事になったのか全く記憶にないが". That sentence is about the grey-hair guy.
>I have absolutely no recollection of why it turned out like this. {obviuosly, it sounds like crap in English, so you might want to replace "this" with something more specific based on the context}
2) "野分の体温が俺の全てを温 めて溶かしていく".
>lit. "Nowaki's body temperature and is warming up and melting the whole of me". I guess I'd slightly reinterpret it to something like "The warmth of Nowaki's body begins to melt all of me"
3) "通話5時間!?" Did the phone call last for 5 hours?
Well, that's entirely up to the context. Literally, it's just "Phone call, 5 hours!?" So he's looking at his call history and says "Huh? I called {some name} yesterday? And the call lasted for 5 hours!?" So, I don't see anything wrong with your interpretation.
 

Ana Clara

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 22, 2012
Messages
92
Reaction score
2
Age
33
Gender
Female
Country
Brazil
Re: Short & Quick Translation Request Thread (Thread for members with little/no JP knowledge. OP for instruction.)

When you're nervous, you should draw the "人" character on the palm of your hand three times and then swallow it.

---------- Post added at 11:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:13 AM ----------
Ana Clara:
1) "何故こんな事になったのか全く記憶にないが". That sentence is about the grey-hair guy.
>I have absolutely no recollection of why it turned out like this. {obviuosly, it sounds like crap in English, so you might want to replace "this" with something more specific based on the context}
2) "野分の体温が俺の全てを温 めて溶かしていく".
>lit. "Nowaki's body temperature and is warming up and melting the whole of me". I guess I'd slightly reinterpret it to something like "The warmth of Nowaki's body begins to melt all of me"
3) "通話5時間!?" Did the phone call last for 5 hours?
Well, that's entirely up to the context. Literally, it's just "Phone call, 5 hours!?" So he's looking at his call history and says "Huh? I called {some name} yesterday? And the call lasted for 5 hours!?" So, I don't see anything wrong with your interpretation.
cmertb, thanks for the help. But, unfortunately, I can't give 'thanks' and 'likes' now, because the computer I'm using has a problem. But later, I am going thank you properly.
 

Herme

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Mar 1, 2013
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Re: Short & Quick Translation Request Thread (Thread for members with little/no JP knowledge. OP for instruction.)

When you're nervous, you should draw the "人" character on the palm of your hand three times and then swallow it.
Wow, I've really never heard about this habit among Japanese people. Thank you very much for clarifying it, man.
 

Animeace

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
May 11, 2010
Messages
371
Reaction score
990
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Short & Quick Translation Request Thread (Thread for members with little/no JP knowledge. OP for instruction.)

Could someone translate the summary of this manga for me please and thank you 4ever




「リアルアカウント」は、国内最大のSNS・リアル アカウント、通称リアアカが舞台の頭脳バトル もの。現実世界では友達が少ない主人公が、自 らのアカウントのフォロワーを巻き添えにする デスゲームに巻き込まれるところから物語が始
 
Last edited by a moderator:

cmertb

Translator
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Sep 18, 2009
Messages
416
Reaction score
206
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Short & Quick Translation Request Thread (Thread for members with little/no JP knowledge. OP for instruction.)

「リアルアカウント」は、国内最大のSNS・リアル アカウント、通称リアアカが舞台の頭脳バトル もの。現実世界では友達が少ない主人公が、自 らのアカウントのフォロワーを巻き添えにする デスゲームに巻き込まれるところから物語が始
"Real Account" is the largest SNS in the nation. Commonly called "ReaAcc", it serves as a stage for battles of the intellect. The story begins as the protagonist, who has few friends in real life, gets pulled into a death game where the followers of your account take collateral damage.
 

Loldiz

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Aug 11, 2013
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
The Wall
Re: Short & Quick Translation Request Thread (Thread for members with little/no JP knowledge. OP for instruction.)


Can anyone translate that to me?
 

cmertb

Translator
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Sep 18, 2009
Messages
416
Reaction score
206
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Short & Quick Translation Request Thread (Thread for members with little/no JP knowledge. OP for instruction.)

Karatachi {trifoliate orange (Poncirus trifoliata); hardy orange} flowers bloomed.
White white flowers bloomed.
Karatachi thorns hurt
Green green needles of thorns
Karatachi is the boundary of the field
The path always always traveled

Here you go: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nC9-40wKDfM
 

Ana Clara

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 22, 2012
Messages
92
Reaction score
2
Age
33
Gender
Female
Country
Brazil
Re: Short & Quick Translation Request Thread (Thread for members with little/no JP knowledge. OP for instruction.)

I would like some help with these chinese lines.
Context: The two guys, Yoshino Chiaki and Hatori Yoshiyuki, are close friends and work together (and some times live together in the same house). Hatori is the one who is using a necktie, and Yoshino is the small one.
 

Tanequil

Translator
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Aug 24, 2008
Messages
78
Reaction score
67
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: Short & Quick Translation Request Thread (Thread for members with little/no JP knowledge. OP for instruction.)

In Reading Order:
Yoshino: I bought a household rice polisher!!

Text below rice polisher (with arrow): Looks like this.

Yoshino: Because I think that if I'm going to eat it, then I might as well make it tasty!!

Yoshino: Besides, this is going to make cooking easier!!

Hatori: Well, that's not bad, but what's the percentage chance of you actually using this thing?

Yoshino: ... About 5% ...
 
Last edited:

Guren no heya kara

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Feb 23, 2013
Messages
87
Reaction score
12
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Re: Short & Quick Translation Request Thread (Thread for members with little/no JP knowledge. OP for instruction.)

Shouldn't you start from the top right column? I can't see the image in its entirety, so

...多い人のための片付...
 

Ana Clara

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 22, 2012
Messages
92
Reaction score
2
Age
33
Gender
Female
Country
Brazil
Re: Short & Quick Translation Request Thread (Thread for members with little/no JP knowledge. OP for instruction.)

Re: Short & Quick Translation Request Thread (Thread for members with little/no JP knowledge. OP for instruction.)

Shouldn't you start from the top right column? I can't see the image in its entirety, so

...多い人のための片付...
Thanks for the advice about the column.
The guy who is holding it in his hands is very short, so could the book's title be "矮多い人のための片付け"?
 
Last edited:

Guren no heya kara

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Feb 23, 2013
Messages
87
Reaction score
12
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Re: Short & Quick Translation Request Thread (Thread for members with little/no JP knowledge. OP for instruction.)

I don't know, there could even be two characters under that image.
 

Ana Clara

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 22, 2012
Messages
92
Reaction score
2
Age
33
Gender
Female
Country
Brazil
Re: Short & Quick Translation Request Thread (Thread for members with little/no JP knowledge. OP for instruction.)

It would be better you upload the page directly on the forum using 'Insert Image', because some users prefer to not open links.
 
Top