Discussion What Are You Reading? What Do You Plan on Reading Next?

k-dom

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 5, 2008
Messages
6,280
Reaction score
2,460
Gender
Male
Country
France
And Weekly Sunday has just made 4 monthly series. It was discussed that Sunday cancel very few series shortly and if they don't cancel they can't bring new ones without putting some of the current one in break.
Indeed, FMA probably granted her privilege, but in the case of Sunday it seems it is beneficial for both side. Also let's not forget she has now another monthly serialiazation.
 

MattC302

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2010
Messages
820
Reaction score
296
Gender
Hidden
Country
Marine Headquarters
Started reading Orange. I like it a lot. It's quite emotional and thoughtful.

EDIT: I also finished Pink today, by the same author as Helter Skelter. I enjoyed it as much, if not more so than Helter Skelter, though for different reasons. I think I'm going to start reading more Josei.

LOL, kind of strange that the last two mangas I started have titles that are colors. That wasn't on purpose heheh.
 
Last edited:

Doraku

Repenting Smut Peddler
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 22, 2012
Messages
5,762
Reaction score
1,701
Gender
Male
Country
The Wall
Kaiten recommended me to read Route 20 sometime in the past, so I decided to read it. It slightly reminds me of Akira, and considering it is relatively short, it is really impressive. I love the way the author created metaphor of having freedom and embarking on a new journey.
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,076
Reaction score
6,934
Gender
Male
Country
United States
For my first completed manga of 2014, I finished Zodiac Boys. A nice collection of extremely short one shots centered around male personifications of the zodias. Second story is the best simply for the two and them trying to take advantage of the time together, Dragon is insanely hot. The last story is second favorite, loved the "Dragon" and then the whole premise behind the card.
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
The first chapter of Kumeta Kouji's new manga was scanlated, so I read it.
 

MattC302

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2010
Messages
820
Reaction score
296
Gender
Hidden
Country
Marine Headquarters
I'm giving 87 Clockers a shot since I liked Nodame Cantabile so much. I'm only 5 chapters in, so there's not much to judge yet, but I don't really like any of the characters yet. On the other hand, the overclocking aspect is really interesting.

EDIT: I also started reading Kakukaku Shikajika, by the same mangaka as Kuragehime. It's an interesting autobiographical work with good comedy and character interactions.
 
Last edited:

Asarii

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 2, 2010
Messages
2,927
Reaction score
1,962
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
I'm reading Sengoku due to the appearance of its mangaka in a TV show. Unfortunately new chapters haven't been scanlated in a while. :(
 

raDar

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 19, 2011
Messages
667
Reaction score
489
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Sunspear
Currently reading Sueru o Itowazu, another collection of stories from Masanori Morita. This one seems to contain more of his older works compared to Shiba Inu . And it contains Rokudenashi Blues color pages which is awesome.

After this, I'll try to resume and finish the last volumes of Rookies (!!) next.
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,689
Reaction score
61,399
Gender
Male
Country
France
I completed the 1st season of Feng Shen Ji, starting season 2 today.
 

Drmke

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 22, 2009
Messages
4,224
Reaction score
1,235
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Palestine
After this, I'll try to resume and finish the last volumes of Rookies (!!) next.
I just wrapped up Rookies myself. Like all of Morita's manga, it was amazing. I'm actually glad it didn't last longer during it's original run. The ending just felt right.
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
I dropped Bleach and Naruto. I feel like I've gotten a little lost piece of my life back. Colors are a little brighter, sunshine is a little warmer, my days are now happier and more fulfilling.
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,076
Reaction score
6,934
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I finished three manga in the past two days, the axed manga Hime-dol!!, the crossdressing gender bender that seemed to have been axed at three chapters, Boku no Geboku ni Nare!, and an actually good manga Gundam The Origin IV: Jaburo. Jaburo is a lovely place and seeing the ranks received and hearing potential upgrades to Trojan Horse is hype inducing. I need to pick up vol 5 fast, if March can hurry.

Boku no Geboku ni Nare! needed to get more BL in it, really the only reason I look into these series. It had the potential but it ended too early.
 

MattC302

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2010
Messages
820
Reaction score
296
Gender
Hidden
Country
Marine Headquarters
I just tried the first chapter of Mikake no Nijuusei, by the same mangaka as Dainana Joshikai Houkou. Not much to go on yet, but it seems promising enough.
 

perspherspley

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jun 28, 2013
Messages
134
Reaction score
34
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Manga/Manhwa/Webtoon I am currently reading are:
Baby Steps
Beelzebub
Claymore
Kingdom
Noblesse
One Piece
The Breaker: New Waves
Until Death Do Us Part
 

MattC302

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2010
Messages
820
Reaction score
296
Gender
Hidden
Country
Marine Headquarters
Just tried the first chapter of Ashinano Hitoshi's(YKK, Kabu no Isaki) newest series, Kotonoba Drive. Impossible to judge yet, but the art is good as usual.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I dropped Bleach and Naruto. I feel like I've gotten a little lost piece of my life back. Colors are a little brighter, sunshine is a little warmer, my days are now happier and more fulfilling.
I felt the same way when I dropped Fairy Tail, it is a good feeling isn't it? :zomg
Naruto has been bad, but I will finish it, the ending is near anyway. I want to be there to criticize the final as much as possible. :p

Recently I catched up Gosick manga, it was very good in the beginning, but the last chapters didn't have the same feeling, it is almost in the end, I hope that the final arc is good. I finished Azumanga Daioh and I found it funny most of the time, but 4-koma is not the best format to me, I think it cut the pleasure of the reading a bit. I also read Non non Biyori manga hoping to see more stories beyond of which appeared in the anime, but the scans didn't reach it, unfortunately. It was refreshing, though. Lastly, I read a oneshot by Murata and ONE called Dangan Tenshi Fan Club, very good, it could be serialized along with Onepunch-man. XD

I'm starting to read Gintama and Billy Bat now, I hope a good comedy from the first one and a good mystery from the second one, like Urasawa always does.
 

Doraku

Repenting Smut Peddler
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 22, 2012
Messages
5,762
Reaction score
1,701
Gender
Male
Country
The Wall
I bought a copy of Halycon Launch. I found it quirky, somewhat interesting, but definitely not something really great. Was not bad purchase, though. I also bought (and obviously, re-reading) translated version (to my native language) of I Am A Hero and Bambino Secondo, two of my favorite Seinen series.
 

Sakura Saluja

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 7, 2013
Messages
161
Reaction score
34
Gender
Female
Country
Spain
Mmm let's see...
Currently reading: Gintama, FMA, Beelzebub, Yuru Yuri, Crimson Spell, Sekaiichi Hatsukoi, Persona 3, XxxHolic, Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles, Vassalord, Kuroko no Basuke..
Will read soon: Deadman Wonderland, D. Gray Man, Bleach... and many more I will find ^^
 

Lomahongva

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2011
Messages
697
Reaction score
795
Gender
Female
Country
Spain
I dropped Bleach and Naruto. I feel like I've gotten a little lost piece of my life back. Colors are a little brighter, sunshine is a little warmer, my days are now happier and more fulfilling.
I felt the same way when I dropped Fairy Tail, it is a good feeling isn't it? :zomg
I envy you, guys. Droping Bleach and Fairy Tail , alongside with Kuroshitsuji , is an idea that has came to my mind very often these last times... But I don't have enough resolution to do it. Finishing anything I start is a strong characteristic of mine, which is not always something really good, specially in this case...
 

Doraku

Repenting Smut Peddler
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 22, 2012
Messages
5,762
Reaction score
1,701
Gender
Male
Country
The Wall
I envy you, guys. Droping Bleach and Fairy Tail , alongside with Kuroshitsuji , is an idea that has came to my mind very often these last times... But I don't have enough resolution to do it. Finishing anything I start is a strong characteristic of mine, which is not always something really good, specially in this case...
You can always drop anything not worth to be read. I dropped so many manga I've started back then because the stories were terrible/not my taste. It's not worth the struggle to continue reading something that I'll end up hating.
 
Top