Hangout MH Seinen Hangout

ukimix

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 13, 2011
Messages
3,313
Reaction score
2,810
Gender
Hidden
Country
Colombia
Tribute from Eiichiro Oda, Naoki Urasawa and Takehiko Inue to Golgo 13. More info here. Thanks to Redon from Pirateking for the info.

 
Last edited:

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
I read Oyasumi Punpun and did enjoy it. Didn't reach up to the latest scanlated volumes since it kinda slowed down. But yeah, it's a very interesting read. And great art too.
 

Shinsatsu

MH's Most Fashionable Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 1, 2007
Messages
2,966
Reaction score
2,817
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
I remember MH recommending Kokou no Hitou but I never gave it a serious try until today. I burned through it and I'm on chapter 97 right now. It's a really cool manga even though it tends to be so gloomy at times. The really annoying thing about it in my opinion is the time skipping and then going back to show what happened before the timeskip. Although this would be great if I was following this manga when it was being released.
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Yeah I remember that manga! Great inspiring story of an unusual introverted hero, which is hard to pull off because it's hard to gain empathy from readers with a hero like Mori. And the art which at first came off too strong, but evolved into something really beautiful and precise.
 

Shinsatsu

MH's Most Fashionable Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 1, 2007
Messages
2,966
Reaction score
2,817
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
The art in Kokou no Hitou looks really similar to the one from Sun-Ken-Rock imo. Especially the facial expressions and the strength of the lines and details. I didn't like the first few chapters because they looked very clean with low details and no effort on the backgrounds. But I'm reading the final arc now and it became so damn awesome ^^
 

BASED Shinigami

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2011
Messages
1,836
Reaction score
634
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Thats a bit much even for ecchi lovers. :XD I would have to say that is borderline ******, though there have been worst stuff, it has an interesting set up about it though.
Haha you're right about that. I like the horror/mystery setup. If the author tones down the ecchi just a bit, this comic might become a decent weekly read. However, I've also heard rumors there's only 2 short volumes, so this comic might be ending pretty soon. Anyway, it's still interesting to read in the mean time. Looking forward to the next chapter :hee
 

Josef

Dank Trump
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2010
Messages
10,103
Reaction score
4,938
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Haha you're right about that. I like the horror/mystery setup. If the author tones down the ecchi just a bit, this comic might become a decent weekly read. However, I've also heard rumors there's only 2 short volumes, so this comic might be ending pretty soon. Anyway, it's still interesting to read in the mean time. Looking forward to the next chapter :hee
Have you seen this manga? http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=22343

I take it if you are into that stuff, this is a goldmine for you. :XD
 

BASED Shinigami

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2011
Messages
1,836
Reaction score
634
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Have you seen this manga? http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=22343

I take it if you are into that stuff, this is a goldmine for you. :XD
Yeah I've seen that manga. I started reading it several years ago back when I first started looking at Japanese comics. For some reason, I stopped following it for a while, but I plan on picking it back up again soon. The evolving romance between the Nana and Kaoru was sweet. I'm actually surprised it's not completed yet. I believe there's quite a number of spin-offs out right now too, but I'm not going to read them yet until I'm finished with the main comic. I'd wish Batoto would bring the comic back, but apparently the sexual content violates too many rules or blah blah blah
 

Josef

Dank Trump
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2010
Messages
10,103
Reaction score
4,938
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Yeah I've seen that manga. I started reading it several years ago back when I first started looking at Japanese comics. For some reason, I stopped following it for a while, but I plan on picking it back up again soon. The evolving romance between the Nana and Kaoru was sweet. I'm actually surprised it's not completed yet. I believe there's quite a number of spin-offs out right now too, but I'm not going to read them yet until I'm finished with the main comic. I'd wish Batoto would bring the comic back, but apparently the sexual content violates too many rules or blah blah blah
I think other sites do host it, have you tried mangafox?

So you are into ecchi sienen in general, or? And if that is the case what else are you reading from that genre?
 

BASED Shinigami

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2011
Messages
1,836
Reaction score
634
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I think other sites do host it, have you tried mangafox?

So you are into ecchi sienen in general, or? And if that is the case what else are you reading from that genre?
I haven't read anything on Mangafox for a while, but I'll check it out soon.

I love ecchi/romance sienen. I'm currently reading Hantsu x Trash, Prison School, Puppy Lovers, Sun-ken Rock, Saito-kun wa Esper Rashii, Minamoto-kun Monogatari, Yuureitou etc...

For me, I just really like the slightly more mature themes you'll commonly find in sienen comics compared to shounen comics. At any rate, I like sienen action/martial arts comics. Adventure as well. Right now I'm trying to find some more comics in the horror/thriller/mystery genre.
 

Josef

Dank Trump
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2010
Messages
10,103
Reaction score
4,938
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I haven't read anything on Mangafox for a while, but I'll check it out soon.

I love ecchi/romance sienen. I'm currently reading Hantsu x Trash, Prison School, Puppy Lovers, Sun-ken Rock, Saito-kun wa Esper Rashii, Minamoto-kun Monogatari, Yuureitou etc...

For me, I just really like the slightly more mature themes you'll commonly find in sienen comics compared to shounen comics. At any rate, I like sienen action/martial arts comics. Adventure as well. Right now I'm trying to find some more comics in the horror/thriller/mystery genre.
Have you read the Baki series, that one is a really good action/fighting with some mature themes?

Horror? Do you like weird and surreal manga? I guess I can recommend some.

I like Sun-ken rock, really nice manga, but I kind of lost interest in it.
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
I read um, Sundome, was it? It was a pretty interesting manga. Not my cup of tea but I thought it was unique and sad, and poignant, even. lol.
 

Josef

Dank Trump
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2010
Messages
10,103
Reaction score
4,938
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
My favorite manga that has sex as the main theme, not just fan-service, but truly SEX, as in the psychological element of this human activity is probably A Girl by the Sea: http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=44134

It's realistic and kind of tragic ... but still very deep emotionally.
 

BASED Shinigami

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2011
Messages
1,836
Reaction score
634
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Have you read the Baki series, that one is a really good action/fighting with some mature themes?

Horror? Do you like weird and surreal manga? I guess I can recommend some.

I like Sun-ken rock, really nice manga, but I kind of lost interest in it.
Baki? I liked that series. However, I never finished reading all the volumes. There's so many.

Hell yeah, if know you some comics that pertain to that genre, by all means share the goods :XD Furthermore, what type of seinen comics do you typically follow or what comics are on your reading list currently?

Sun-ken Rock is freaking awesome. Compelling and interesting story. Very likable protagonist and cast. Also, some of the best art I've ever seen drawn in a Japanese comic. The picture in my signature is Ken btw if you didn't notice :hee
 

Josef

Dank Trump
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2010
Messages
10,103
Reaction score
4,938
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Baki? I liked that series. However, I never finished reading all the volumes. There's so many.

Hell yeah, if know you some comics that pertain to that genre, by all means share the goods :XD Furthermore, what type of seinen comics do you typically follow or what comics are on your reading list currently?

Sun-ken Rock is freaking awesome. Compelling and interesting story. Very likable protagonist and cast. Also, some of the best art I've ever seen drawn in a Japanese comic. The picture in my signature is Ken btw if you didn't notice :hee
Have you read these authors:

http://www.mangaupdates.com/authors.html?id=2305
http://www.mangaupdates.com/authors.html?id=361
http://www.mangaupdates.com/authors.html?id=1934

Try visiting these threads:

http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php/73106-Seinen-manga-for-beginners
http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php/73502-Seinen-Manga-For-Pros?highlight=

Sun-ken can be considered manhwa as well ... but I forgot why it was manga, I know someone told me once, lol. >.>
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
My favorite manga that has sex as the main theme, not just fan-service, but truly SEX, as in the psychological element of this human activity is probably A Girl by the Sea: http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=44134

It's realistic and kind of tragic ... but still very deep emotionally.

But, there are no scans for that manga right? I remember reading that too but the scans were only a few chapters or something.
 

Josef

Dank Trump
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2010
Messages
10,103
Reaction score
4,938
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
But, there are no scans for that manga right? I remember reading that too but the scans were only a few chapters or something.
I posted in it's thread, the scans seems to have re-emerged. :zomg
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
I know! I saw it on my subscriptions list!
 
Top