Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2014] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maxy Barnard

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 15, 2006
Messages
3,233
Reaction score
1,618
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
I don't know, man. Amano can do crazy good pieces in colour, but I've always found his black and white work way too busy to just casually parse. I mean I hope that isn't the case here but I'm cautious at best.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,231
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
I don't know, man. Amano can do crazy good pieces in colour, but I've always found his black and white work way too busy to just casually parse. I mean I hope that isn't the case here but I'm cautious at best.
Yeah, I got that sense from Akaboshi much more so than Over Time. You're right. But that being said, it's more of a question of paneling, I think.
 

Silverblade

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 24, 2007
Messages
999
Reaction score
595
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Lithuania
If we are comparing Yasuda and Amano, I'd say it's the former who looks bland and boring.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,231
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
I wouldn't say that either. Just one is a lot more accomplished than the other. Both are talented in the art department.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
ya, man. same here. and we're getting color pages 2 weeks in a row. can't wait :yay :celebrate
Seems like Toriko is starting again, with extra pages and all. XD
Honestly, I wasn't liking the previous chapters, I hope that the gourmet world bring back my enjoyment towards the series. :)
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
I don't know, man. Amano can do crazy good pieces in colour, but I've always found his black and white work way too busy to just casually parse. I mean I hope that isn't the case here but I'm cautious at best.
I agree. I think he's panels are overcrowded, and art style over busy. Most of his characters are standard issue shounen bishies. His characters never look particularly distinct, they all seem to be drawn from a template. No matter how many "original" looking accessories he heaped on them.

If we are comparing Yasuda and Amano, I'd say it's the former who looks bland and boring.
nuh-uh.

 
Last edited:

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,076
Reaction score
6,934
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Seems like Toriko is starting again, with extra pages and all. XD
Honestly, I wasn't liking the previous chapters, I hope that the gourmet world bring back my enjoyment towards the series. :)
I hope its focusing on NEO (though Im only follow the anime) but toriko is finally getting exciting.
 

Korean Kuroko

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Nov 27, 2013
Messages
210
Reaction score
38
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Puerto Rico
BTW( most of you probably wont care)the only series I follow regulary from Jump are:
-Bleach
-AssClass
-Toriko(my favorite right now)
-Kuroko No Basuke(ending...probably unless All-Stars Arc or other tournament)

Gintama I only follow the anime. So yeah I dont read too many ongoing series(outside of Jump I read a few).
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,076
Reaction score
6,934
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I agree. I think he's panels are overcrowded, and art style over busy. Most of his characters are standard issue shounen bishies. His characters never look particularly distinct, they all seem to be drawn from a template. No matter how many "original" looking accessories he heaped on them.



nuh-uh.

THat looks like the same character designer in my Devil Survivor Overclocked artbook.
 

Korean Kuroko

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Nov 27, 2013
Messages
210
Reaction score
38
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Puerto Rico
ya, man. same here. and we're getting color pages 2 weeks in a row. can't wait :yay :celebrate
First pages are a spread of Toriko standing over many unconcious beasts with CP over 500.

---------- Post added at 05:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:39 PM ----------

THat looks like the same character designer in my Devil Survivor Overclocked artbook.
They are one and the same.
 

zangetsukakashi

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2011
Messages
117
Reaction score
44
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Egypt
Seems like Toriko is starting again, with extra pages and all. XD
Honestly, I wasn't liking the previous chapters, I hope that the gourmet world bring back my enjoyment towards the series. :)
Really? :( I thought the last arc was brilliant, with all the NEO stuff and revelations + fights. Maybe cause it was a very serious fight arc? I think I get what you mean,,, u want the exploration and food arcs? Ya, hopefully there'll be tons of those coming up :)

I hope its focusing on NEO (though Im only follow the anime) but toriko is finally getting exciting.
Yes yes :) Keep going,,, u won't regret it. Especially next few episodes (major revelations and twists).

First pages are a spread of Toriko standing over many unconcious beasts with CP over 500.
Ohhh, that would be awesome. Or a spread with the heavenly kings in their new outfits and stuff looking ahead to enter GW. Anything toriko is awesome with me, even if it's just toriko alone in his new outfit : )
Toriko's ur fav? U got some good taste right there, man :super (not implying others don't have a good taste, but just fanboying over how much i love that manly heck of a series ; )

Btw, about the Toriko anime ending rumors... Last episode covered almost 3.5 chapters, and the usual is 1.5 these days. If they keep this up, especially since battles can be done in less episodes, maybe they will really pause the anime in april until the manga moves ahead. No idea.
 
Last edited:

Korean Kuroko

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Nov 27, 2013
Messages
210
Reaction score
38
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Puerto Rico
Btw, about the Toriko anime ending rumors... Last episode covered almost 3.5 chapters, and the usual is 1.5 these days. If they keep this up, especially since battles can be done in less episodes, maybe they will really pause the anime in april until the manga moves ahead. No idea.
I dont see why they wouldnt take the hiatus the manga has flat out given to them.
 

WyldViolet

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 25, 2012
Messages
4,108
Reaction score
5,856
Age
33
Country
United States
BTW( most of you probably wont care)the only series I follow regulary from Jump are:
-Bleach
-AssClass
-Toriko(my favorite right now)
-Kuroko No Basuke(ending...probably unless All-Stars Arc or other tournament)

Gintama I only follow the anime. So yeah I dont read too many ongoing series(outside of Jump I read a few).
I follow One Piece, Nardo, Bleach, Gintama, Hunter x Hunter, Toriko, Beelzebub, AssClass, Shokugeki no Soma, World Trigger, Koi no Cupid, Isobe Isobe Monogatari (kind of, my Japanese isn't good enough to fully enjoy it), and Iron Knight.
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,076
Reaction score
6,934
Gender
Male
Country
United States
BTW( most of you probably wont care)the only series I follow regulary from Jump are:
-Bleach
-AssClass
-Toriko(my favorite right now)
-Kuroko No Basuke(ending...probably unless All-Stars Arc or other tournament)

Gintama I only follow the anime. So yeah I dont read too many ongoing series(outside of Jump I read a few).
Hunter x HUnter (anime only, until it catches), Toriko (anime only, until it catchs up), Kurobas (anime only, may read end of season), Gintama (anime only), otherwise read Naruto, One Piece, Bleach, Haikyuu!! (best), Shokugeki no soma, World Trigger, Soul Catcher(s), AssClass, Iron Knight, and Hachi (well when it was being done), Beelzebub, Nisekoi.

Look at raws for Saiki Kusuo cause I like it.
 
Last edited:

Kaizou 10

Banned
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 12, 2013
Messages
2,572
Reaction score
2,467
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
And here are my list:
- Kochikame
- One Piece
- Hunter x Hunter
- Naruto
- Bleach
- Gintama
- Toriko
- Kuroko no Basket
- Beelzebub
- Nisekoi
- Haikyuu!!
- Ansatsu Kyoushitsu
- Shokugeki no Souma
- World Trigger
- Soul Catcher(S)
- Hachi
- Yakenohara Jin
- Iron Knight

Basically everything except short page gag series.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Korean Kuroko

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Nov 27, 2013
Messages
210
Reaction score
38
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Puerto Rico
Question: Was the Stealth Symphony one shot ever scanlated? Even a RAW would be fine( Cant seem to find anything on my own).
 

Kaizou 10

Banned
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 12, 2013
Messages
2,572
Reaction score
2,467
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Question: Was the Stealth Symphony one shot ever scanlated? Even a RAW would be fine( Cant seem to find anything on my own).
I don't think there aren't any raw and Edited Manga available for that one shot.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top