Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2014] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Korean Kuroko

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Nov 27, 2013
Messages
210
Reaction score
38
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Puerto Rico
I'm kind of skeptical about Kuroko going to end soon. Kuroko is highest selling sports series in currently ongoing sports series in Japan; so, I think there is a possibility that the editors tell Fujimaki to extend it.
Which would be lame.

---------- Post added at 08:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:14 PM ----------

I don't udnerstand why people think starting a new series means that the mangaka begin planning it just after ending his last one. people have dreams and other inspiration and could work on a side project all the time while writing their main series. like at the mangaka from kimi no maru no ichi who draws several series at once and starts new series after finishing one.
Agreed.Besides, a good story is a good story regardless if the writer put in 2 years or 2 weeks to develop it.
 

vinceled

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 2, 2012
Messages
1,185
Reaction score
992
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
France
I honestly don't think any of them will survive this time.
I think it's too early for Shiibashi to return.
Stealth Symphony is likely going to be plagued by issues I mentioned earlier in the thread.
And Tokyo Wonder Boys and iShoujo face stiff competition from other series in the same genre running in the magazine.
I think you're saying probably only because we usually see authors come back 1~2 years after the end of their previous serialization. In my opinion I think they come up with new ideas in 3~6 months then change things with their editors until the higher ups there decide it's good enough to be serialized. If he's come so fast it only means the staff thought if was good enough and interesting enough to be serialized that's it. A series will not necessarily be popular just because it's been planned for a long time.

Kind of out of topic (different magazine) but in Monthly Sunday GX owned by Shogakukan it's really common for authors who have had popular series before to return in the next 6 months after the end of their series. For example Takahashi Keitarou author of Jormungand ended his Jormungand series in issue 2012.02 and came back with Destro 246 3 months later in issue 2012.05 and this new series is extremely popular in Japan having 600,000 copies in print as of volume 3 (currently 22 chapters and ongoing).
 

101nemesis

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 16, 2012
Messages
3,086
Reaction score
7,183
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
India
Agreed about Kuroko. I personally think, Kuroko might lose its hold on some readers if it gets extended because of how this tournament was shown and presented.

I honestly don't think any of them will survive this time.
I think it's too early for Shiibashi to return.
Stealth Symphony is likely going to be plagued by issues I mentioned earlier in the thread.
And Tokyo Wonder Boys and iShoujo face stiff competition from other series in the same genre running in the magazine.
Nah man. I think its still way too early to decide.
Tokyo Wonder Boys does have the character art that could get it a lot of female attention like Kuroko and Haikyuu!!. If the initial chapters are done right, they could survive.
Although, I might agree with you on Ishoujo. I'm a bit skeptical on that since its seems so cliche.

To be honest, I'm looking forward to see if Wonderful Wonder World would get serialized. That CP alone won me over.
 

susanoo13

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 29, 2010
Messages
1,270
Reaction score
483
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Israel
I'm curious about the entire 2014 year TBH, in 1984 we had a 1M seller which is Dragon Ball, in 1994 we had Kenshin, in 2004(2003 but the 1st issue or 2004) we had Death Note, will we see a new 1M seller emerge this year as well?
 

korshunxD

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 27, 2013
Messages
167
Reaction score
223
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Russian Federation
Hm...
 

Maxy Barnard

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 15, 2006
Messages
3,233
Reaction score
1,618
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
I remember there is a time which Jump serialized 6 sports series at once; Rookies (baseball), Whistle! (soccer), Rising Impact (golf), Hikaru no Go (go; I'm not sure this series cosider sports series), Prince of Tennis (tennis), and Mr. Fullswing (baseball).
What's super-notable about all of those is that they were all successful titles. I mean even if you exclude Hikaru no Go (I keep it in, even as a board game series it still works entirely within the traditional sports structure), that's FIVE popular sports comics that all managed to be in the magazine at once. Tidy.
 

Kaizou 10

Banned
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 12, 2013
Messages
2,572
Reaction score
2,467
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
The cast for upcoming Soul Catcher(S) vomic:

Kamine Shouta = Suzuki Tatsuhisa
Tokisaka Hibiki = Abe Atsushi
Takizawa Momoko = Uchiyama Yumi
 

Asgaroth

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2011
Messages
910
Reaction score
133
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
what does the mark mean? don't get it :-/
 

Asgaroth

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2011
Messages
910
Reaction score
133
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Maybe he meant that character resembles someone?
yeah, maybe. Maybe he should have said something and not only post the picture without explanation?

I also don't believe that there is any conenction between his 2 mangas. Its just his style, nothing more :)
 

FanOfAniManga

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
May 14, 2011
Messages
488
Reaction score
245
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Maybe because it looks like a Hollow! :p
 

Kaizou 10

Banned
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 12, 2013
Messages
2,572
Reaction score
2,467
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
I also don't believe that there is any conenction between his 2 mangas. Its just his style, nothing more :)
Yeah, I also don't think there is any connection between the two (well, it isn't certain since I didn't read the chapter, yet). Based on the preview page, it just said that he returned 1 year after from the end of Nuarihyon; so, I think the picture of Nurarihyon is just a purpose of Shiibashi's previous work to the readers.
 

Txapeldun

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2013
Messages
599
Reaction score
236
Country
Abu Dhabi
Oh please. The series isn't even started and there's alreafy people talking about inspirations?
Come on.
We don't even really know what it is about.
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,076
Reaction score
6,934
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Author comments of todays english jump.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top