- Joined
- Mar 29, 2010
- Messages
- 1,270
- Reaction score
- 483
- Age
- 39
- Gender
- Male
- Country
-
Aside for Soma and WT what are the volumes that come out today?
Gintama #53Aside for Soma and WT what are the volumes that come out today?
It will be interesting to see how well Soul Catchers,Isobe and WT will do since next Thursday they will have a full week for the chart.Gintame #53
Soul Catcher(S) #03
Hime Doll! #02
Kurokuroku #02
Isobe Isobee Monogatari #01
I think that's what they might have been going for. Shiibashi Hiroshi was an assistant of Hirohiko Araki, after all, so maybe it's like spotting a common element between boss and workerFor me, it reminds me Soft & Wet![]()
Don't know.Why?
Okay, so it wasn't like his power or anything.
Well, when you look at Toriko, all of the casts are adults. Plus, I still kind of feel like the MC possible going to be a teenager.Seems like the cast is made of adults. Quite surprising for a Shounen Jump Manga.
Toriko makes up for it by being "light-hearted". Judging by the cover's style (and knowing Hiroshi's tastes) Illegal Rare seems like a dark story so if the main cast is made mainly of adults this might end up being something you'd expect in a Seinen Magazine (not that I would mind it).Well, when you look at Toriko, all of the casts are adults. Plus, I still kind of feel like the MC possible going to be a teenager.
Well, let's see how the story go when it is released. But, I do think it'll be a dark story (but, I also think the dark story not necessary makes all main casts are adults).Illegal Rare seems like a dark story so if the main cast is made mainly of adults this might end up being something you'd expect in a Seinen Magazine (not that I would mind it).

To remind you, prior to Nura, Shiibashi had produced a lot of oneshots published for Business Jump and two anthologies published by the Osaka University of Arts, so it's surely expected to be delving into the seinen demographic. Though coming back specifically to WSJ does bring a tad bit of risk.Toriko makes up for it by being "light-hearted". Judging by the cover's style (and knowing Hiroshi's tastes) Illegal Rare seems like a dark story so if the main cast is made mainly of adults this might end up being something you'd expect in a Seinen Magazine (not that I would mind it).
That's not decent at all, ICV2 doesn't track every store either. But with those numbers their are losing money. (4-5K might be enough to break even in some cases)Viz wants to print big titles that might move at least (around) 2-5k printed units in sales. (Based on numbers from ICV2, that seems like a decent amount)
Promotion at events that cater to a niche crowd does not necessarily warrant immediate print. Your average joe reader won't attend a con. For all they know, the vocal minority is what has been pushing for it. So they're being cautious with OPM. It's smart business. OPM will probably be printed in the future though.
Now i'm oficially very excited for this manga![]()
-----
I don't know if it's an artwork or else, however now we know that the figure in the preview it wasn't an hollow.
Because anything that was dark and mature was short lasting, just look back at the series started in the past two+ years. There is a reason why nothing currently in the magazine is dark and mature. Jump readers simply dont want it.That first image of Illegal Rare looks interesting... I'm expecting to see the actual chapters once it'd be released.
Why do you think that a dark and more mature series won't appeal to WSJ readers? IMHO it only depends in the quality of the plot developed by Shiibashi.