Mag Talk Jump SQ (Shueisha)

Status
Not open for further replies.

[Cross]

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 21, 2008
Messages
717
Reaction score
320
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I'm talking more because Kawashita was specified as ilustrator in the post while Yabuki as author when he's known as ilustrator and Hasemi as author or screenwriter
Well that's probably because Kawashita might be contributing less aside from just doing the art in Te to Kuchi. Seeing as the writer does light novels, I'd imagine there's less collaboration on that part.
 

Kaizou 10

Banned
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 12, 2013
Messages
2,572
Reaction score
2,467
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
[Cross];3699572 said:
Well that's probably because Kawashita might be contributing less aside from just doing the art in Te to Kuchi. Seeing as the writer does light novels, I'd imagine there's less collaboration on that part.
Exactly, that's why I indicated Kawashita as the illustrator since she is more focusing on drawing and designs, and Ohsaki is focusing on the story. On the other hand, both Yabuki and Hasemi are working the story together.

---------- Post added February 10, 2014 at 01:11 AM ---------- Previous post was February 07, 2014 at 08:39 PM ----------

Some action scenes (Aoshi vs. Okina) from the upcoming live-adaptation movie for Rurouni Kenshin:
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: TXC

TXC

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2011
Messages
930
Reaction score
188
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Can't wait to watch the 1/11 movie.
 

Kaizou 10

Banned
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 12, 2013
Messages
2,572
Reaction score
2,467
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Possible. To be honest I don't often see SQ titles in the chart outside of the obvious hits, so maybe that's a thing, like all the readers stick to the anthology.
Yeah, but I think there is still possibility for some series to get popular in future, like 1/11 Juuichi Bun no Ichi, Kono Oto Tomare!, Gamma, and Te to Kuchi.
 

Maxy Barnard

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 15, 2006
Messages
3,233
Reaction score
1,618
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
I'll reply here since this is SQ topic.

Yeah, but I think there is still possibility for some series to get popular in future, like 1/11 Juuichi Bun no Ichi, Kono Oto Tomare!, Gamma, and Te to Kuchi.
Yeah I totally believe any of them could eventually start selling respectable numbers, especially 1/11 in the near future, more than anything it's just a shame how long that seems to take for SQ titles.
 

Kaizou 10

Banned
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 12, 2013
Messages
2,572
Reaction score
2,467
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Yeah I totally believe any of them could eventually start selling respectable numbers, especially 1/11 in the near future, more than anything it's just a shame how long that seems to take for SQ titles.
Well, it is by unknown author from minor magazine than Jump, so it can't be helped. I wonder how much the movie going to help it.
 
Last edited:

[Cross]

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 21, 2008
Messages
717
Reaction score
320
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
United States
ooo Sousei ranked 11 for its first volume. Nice!
 

Kaizou 10

Banned
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 12, 2013
Messages
2,572
Reaction score
2,467
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
The trailer for 1/11 Juuichi Bun no Ichi live-adaptation movie:

---------- Post added February 17, 2014 at 10:32 PM ---------- Previous post was February 12, 2014 at 08:43 PM ----------

Gamma going to be featured in the information program, called Imagine-Nation (from NHK World (NHK's international broadcasting service)), a program which features manga/anime/games. You can watch the preview from the program's website (in English).

http://www3.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/english/tv/imagine/index.html

---------- Post added February 18, 2014 at 10:10 PM ---------- Previous post was February 17, 2014 at 10:32 PM ----------

April 4 :
Kanshikan Tsunemori Akane #04
Teiichi no Kuni #08
- Kakko Kawaii Sengen! Volume 5 (Final?)
- To Love-Ru Darkness Volume 10
- Kono Oto Tomare! Volume 5
- Shinai Naru Koroshiya-sama Volume 1
- Second Brain Volume 1
- Comical! Volume 2 (Final)

---------- Post added at 11:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:10 PM ----------

To Love-Ru Darkness Bangaihen


Hakoniwa Yuugi (New Series)


Blast Heart (One Shot)


Shikkoku Shoujo to Shiro no Doukei (One Shot)


Tonari no Randosel W


Jump SQ.19 Vol.13 Preview


---------- Post added February 19, 2014 at 10:55 AM ---------- Previous post was February 18, 2014 at 11:25 PM ----------

Teiichi no Kuni live-adaptation stage poster:


---------- Post added February 25, 2014 at 08:47 AM ---------- Previous post was February 19, 2014 at 10:55 AM ----------

April Issue Cover:
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Stark700

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 6, 2013
Messages
1,010
Reaction score
814
Gender
Hidden
Country
Winterfell
Out of curiosity, what is Teiichi no Kuni about?
 

Kaizou 10

Banned
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 12, 2013
Messages
2,572
Reaction score
2,467
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Out of curiosity, what is Teiichi no Kuni about?
It is a school-life/political manga.

---------- Post added at 09:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:23 PM ----------

The first of half this video introduces about Gamma. So, if people are interested about this series, then they should watch this (it is in English).
[video]http://www3.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/english/tv/imagine/flv20140220_archive.html[/video]
 

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 3, 2006
Messages
3,930
Reaction score
5,623
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Sakurai Ato (Artist Acro/ Kyou no Cereberos) has it on her blog that she's 'dwelling' behind the scenes of Jump SQ. (ジャンプSQの水面下に生息中) what this means is anyone's guess, but her one shot 'Higajo's gate' was in SQ and it did sort of feel like something that could be serialized once it was green lit. I personally like Higajo more than her current serial so I hope that's what it means....maybe.
 
Last edited:

Kaizou 10

Banned
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 12, 2013
Messages
2,572
Reaction score
2,467
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Sakurai Ato (Artist Acro/ Kyou no Cereberos) has it on her blog that she's 'dwelling' behind the scenes of Jump SQ. (ジャンプSQの水面下に生息中) what this means is anyone's guess, but her one shot 'Hikajo's gate' was in SQ and it did sort of feel like something that could be serialized once it was green lit. I personally like Hikajo more than her current serial so I hope that's what it means....maybe.
I believe you mean Higajo.
 

Kaizou 10

Banned
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 12, 2013
Messages
2,572
Reaction score
2,467
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Yeah. That. Thanks. I'll fix my post. Still I hope maybe it'll be serialized at some point.
Well, since Rosario to Vampire has ended, so possibly that one may replace R+V's place since they both have similarities (normal boy meets supernatural girl and goes to supernatural school).

---------- Post added February 28, 2014 at 10:17 AM ---------- Previous post was February 26, 2014 at 08:24 AM ----------

It looks like Haruhara Robinson (author of Senyuu) going to start new series on May Issue.
 

jagman1x3

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 19, 2012
Messages
2,616
Reaction score
2,843
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Issue 04 ToC:

1/11 (Cover, Lead color)
Ao no Exorcist
Shinai naru Koroshiya-sama
Shin Tennis no Ouji-sama (Center color)
Sousei no Onmyouji
To LOVE-ru Darkness
Kakko Kawaii Sengen! (End)
Owari no Seraph
Talent Funsouki Koppy
Second Brain
Teiichi no Kuni (Center color)
Kono Oto Tomare!
Boku no Manga
Taisho Roman Oni-san Yameteee!!
Claymore
Kare wa sono Manager de aru (Oneshot)
Par Man no Jounetsuteki na Hibi
Y - Gamma (Center color)
Gag Manga Biyori
Libido Hunter Takeru (from Jump SQ.19)
Cherry Teacher Sakura Naoki (from Jump SQ.19)
Embalming -The Another Tale of Frankenstein-
Te to Kuchi (Center color)
Tegami Bachi
Fantasma (moving to Jump SQ.19)


Issue 2014-05 preview:

Cover: To LOVE-ru Darkness, Ao no Exorcist, Kono Oto Tomare!

Lead Color: To LOVE-ru Darkness, Kono Oto Tomare, Gakumon! ~Ookami Shoujo wa Kujikenai~ (new series by author of Senyuu)

Center color:
Untitled new series by author of Kakko Kawaii Sengen!
New series by author of Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai. Name starts with "Toshokan," don't know the other kanji.
1/11
Teiichi no Kuni
Second Brain
Shinai naru Koroshiya-sama

Posters:
1/11
Teiichi no Kuni
To LOVE-ru Darkness

Issue 06:

Ao no Exorcist - Poster


I have really got to start buying SQ more often.
 
Last edited:

Kaizou 10

Banned
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 12, 2013
Messages
2,572
Reaction score
2,467
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Issue 04 ToC:

1/11 (Cover, Lead color)
Ao no Exorcist
Shinai naru Koroshiya-sama
Shin Tennis no Ouji-sama
Sousei no Onmyouji
To LOVE-ru Darkness
Kakko Kawaii Sengen! (End)
Owari no Seraph
Talent Funsouki Koppy
Second Brain
Teiichi no Kuni
Kono Oto Tomare!
Boku no Manga
Taisho Roman Oni-san Yameteee!!
Claymore
Kare wa sono Manager de aru (Oneshot)
Par Man no Jounetsuteki na Hibi
Y - Gamma (Center color)
Gag Manga Biyori
Libido Hunter Takeru (from Jump SQ.19)
Cherry Teacher Sakura Naoki (from Jump SQ.19)
Embalming -The Another Tale of Frankenstein-
Te to Kuchi (Center color)
Tegami Bachi
Fantasma (moving to Jump SQ.19)


Issue 2014-05 preview:

Cover: To LOVE-ru Darkness, Ao no Exorcist, Kono Oto Tomare!

Lead Color: To LOVE-ru Darkness, Kono Oto Tomare, Gakumon! ~Ookami Shoujo wa Kujikenai~ (new series by author of Senyuu)

Center color:
Untitled new series by author of Kakko Kawaii Sengen!
New series by author of Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai. Name starts with "Toshokan," don't know the other kanji.
1/11
Teiichi no Kuni
Second Brain
Shinai naru Koroshiya-sama

Posters:
1/11
Teiichi no Kuni
To LOVE-ru Darkness

Issue 06:

Ao no Exorcist - Poster


I have really got to start buying SQ more often.
Do you have source for that?
 

jagman1x3

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 19, 2012
Messages
2,616
Reaction score
2,843
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Do you have source for that?




How they will actually pull off multiple lead colors, I have no idea.

---------- Post added at 04:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:26 PM ----------

I think it's written at the end of his post :


Which most likely means he bought the latest issue Private raws.
Nah, I just meant I want all the free AnE stuff. I bought issue 03, and I'd subscribe if I could find a place that's cheaper than going to the store every month.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top