Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2014] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeromcd

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2011
Messages
849
Reaction score
5,875
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Jump #16 (17/03) :
Gintama and Isobe's position are incorrect which was most likely due to some of the page numbers being cut off by the scanner. This is the fixed up version.

Issue #16
WSJ Cast (Cover)
One Piece (Lead Color Page)

Naruto
Shokugeki no Soma (23 pg.)
Assassination Classroom
Tokyo Wonder Boys (23 pg.)
Nisekoi
Isobe
Stealth Symphony
Kuroko no Basket
PSI Kusuo Saiki
Gintama (Color Page)
Haikyuu!!
Toriko
iShoujo
Illegal Rare
Soul Catcher(S)
World Trigger
Kochikame
Bleach
Iron Knight

Issue #17 Info:
Cover & Lead CP: Kuroko no Basket
CP: Bleach, Peach Pluck (One Shot, 47 pg.)
Absent: One Piece
 

Nayrael

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 4, 2010
Messages
305
Reaction score
159
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Croatia
Pure rankings:

01. Naruto
02. Shokugeki no Soma (23 pg.)
03. Assassination Classroom

04. Nisekoi
05. Isobe
06. Kuroko no Basket
07. PSI Kusuo Saiki
08. Haikyuu!!
09. Toriko
10. Soul Catcher(S)
11. World Trigger
12. Bleach
13. Iron Knight


Toriko and World Trigger - not present in issues 8 weeks ago so their ranking is a bit less certain
Tokyo Wonder Boys, Stealth Symphony, , iShoujo, Illegal Rare - still not ranked
One Piece, Gintama - color pages thus not ranked
Kochikame - not ranked

Decided to include the series not present in issues 8 weeks ago. One reason is that we are uncertain about 8 weeks rule still being in effect and the other is that, unlike the new series, Editorial Department already has opinions on how popular a series is so, just like the regular series, it is placed onto ToC based on its popularity (ToC were always based on popularity, it ain't necessarily literal rankings). As such, their placement still shows how ranked they are in opinion of the Editors who are what matters here.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Nisekoi doing great on 4th, I wonder if it is impact of the anime, it was running already, but it is too early to say, I think. If it continues in high positions next weeks, I will manage to say...
Toriko rannking is strange, WT's one, not much, but it's unclear yet, since they were absent in the weekin question.
 

Kaizou 10

Banned
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 12, 2013
Messages
2,572
Reaction score
2,467
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Nisekoi doing great on 4th, I wonder if it is impact of the anime, it was running already, but it is too early to say, I think.
We can't be sure since so many series are unranked.
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,076
Reaction score
6,934
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Gintama and Isobe's position are incorrect which was most likely due to some of the page numbers being cut off by the scanner. This is the fixed up version.

Issue #16
WSJ Cast (Cover)
One Piece (Lead Color Page)

Naruto
Shokugeki no Soma (23 pg.)
Assassination Classroom
Tokyo Wonder Boys (23 pg.)
Nisekoi
Isobe
Stealth Symphony
Kuroko no Basket
PSI Kusuo Saiki
Gintama (Color Page)
Haikyuu!!
Toriko
iShoujo
Illegal Rare
Soul Catcher(S)
World Trigger
Kochikame
Bleach
Iron Knight

Issue #17 Info:
Cover & Lead CP: Kuroko no Basket
CP: Bleach, Peach Pluck (One Shot, 47 pg.)
Absent: One Piece
Potentially seems like an ill omen for Illegal Rare with yellow caution flags being raised. Maybe its just a red herring of sorts.

Surprised bleach is getting yet another cp. They seem to be doing another of those weeks where they are conservative on the colour pages
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
If it were in English, it would be instant buy, but it can happen in the future, who knows... Even more when VIZ said that Nisekoi is selling well.
 
Last edited:

Josef

Dank Trump
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2010
Messages
10,103
Reaction score
4,938
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
What? Bleach has second to lowest ranking, it's falling even more? :bored

I presume we don't discuss it now as well? :teehee

I know it's far from now, but I really want to see Stealth's first ranking. :o
 

WyldViolet

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 25, 2012
Messages
4,108
Reaction score
5,856
Age
33
Country
United States
Potentially seems like an ill omen for Illegal Rare with yellow caution flags being raised. Maybe its just a red herring of sorts.

Surprised bleach is getting yet another cp. They seem to be doing another of those weeks where they are conservative on the colour pages
I was also a little bit worried about Illegal Rare already being so low despite not being ranked (Lots a failures get placed low before they begin ranking), but I'm going to chalk this up to just how many unranked series there are in the magazine.

---------- Post added at 07:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:16 AM ----------

What? Bleach has second to lowest ranking, it's falling even more? :bored

I presume we don't discuss it now as well? :teehee

I know it's far from now, but I really want to see Stealth's first ranking. :o
This isn't anywhere close to the first time Bleach has gotten such a low ranking.
 

Josef

Dank Trump
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2010
Messages
10,103
Reaction score
4,938
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I was also a little bit worried about Illegal Rare already being so low despite not being ranked (Lots a failures get placed low before they begin ranking), but I'm going to chalk this up to just how many unranked series there are in the magazine.

---------- Post added at 07:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:16 AM ----------



This isn't anywhere close to the first time Bleach has gotten such a low ranking.
It has been pretty consistent tho, we can't ignore that. A few leaps of faith in the fans when it struggled up to the middle of the table but that's it. I mean discussing the ongoing trend of getting worst.^^
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,076
Reaction score
6,934
Gender
Male
Country
United States
What? Bleach has second to lowest ranking, it's falling even more? :bored

I presume we don't discuss it now as well? :teehee

I know it's far from now, but I really want to see Stealth's first ranking. :o
Calling bleach the final arc seems to just have made it keep getting put in a bad spot in the magazine, its like folks just dont care about it anymore. Though maybe its just old age. I wonder if the same would happen to One Piece years from now. Naruto seems impervious to low rank. And if we add Toriko to this action senior manga, well it seems like it may be following in Bleachs footsteps.
 

Maxy Barnard

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 15, 2006
Messages
3,233
Reaction score
1,618
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Komi Naoshi short works - Koi no Kami-sama cover

okay, so I see Island and Koi no Kamisama, and the old Nisekoi, which is nice, but the question remains as to the presence of Williams, Personant and Apple. I mean I'm still gonna buy it, but it'd be nice to know for sure?
 

Silverblade

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 24, 2007
Messages
999
Reaction score
595
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Lithuania
This cover reminds me of what Nisekoi could be instead of what it has become. Such a shame.

But it's great to finally have Komi's best works in print. Man excels at short stories.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
okay, so I see Island and Koi no Kamisama, and the old Nisekoi, which is nice, but the question remains as to the presence of Williams, Personant and Apple. I mean I'm still gonna buy it, but it'd be nice to know for sure?
It's just part of the cover and three oneshots don't fulfil an entire volume with normal number of pages, which is not the case here, probably, it should have more pages. So, I think they will be there.
 
Last edited:

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,223
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Cover looks gorgeous, reminds me how much I enjoyed Komi's oneshots :zomg

okay, so I see Island and Koi no Kamisama, and the old Nisekoi, which is nice, but the question remains as to the presence of Williams, Personant and Apple. I mean I'm still gonna buy it, but it'd be nice to know for sure?
I would only mind Personant and Apple for completion's sake, as I find them the worst out of the bunch. Still not bad, but I always thought Komi is most at home when it comes to romance and comedy, not so much for action and the likes.
 

Kaizou 10

Banned
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 12, 2013
Messages
2,572
Reaction score
2,467
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
It's just part of the cover and three oneshots don't fulfil an entire volume with normal number of pages, which is not the case here, probably, it should have more pages. So, I think they will be there.
It going to be a total of 320 pages (longer than normal volumes).
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top