Mag Talk Weekly Young Jump (2007 - 2021)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jagman1x3

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 19, 2012
Messages
2,616
Reaction score
2,843
Gender
Male
Country
United States
There were already announcements that there going to be two new series starting on April; and there is one series which hasn't announced when it going to start, but I predict it'll be in April as well. So, there going to be about three new series.

When I look at the current YJ series: Samurai Soldier will definitely going to end within few chapters; 81 Diver and Grand Slam are currently in their final arc, and; Mongrel is basically going to get cancelled within either 4 or 5 volumes. So, I think there are going to be rooms for new series.
About that; forgot to mention it earlier, but Grand Slam looks like it'll end next week. It will have center color, and the preview says it's the "climax," so I'm guessing it's ending.
 

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 3, 2006
Messages
3,930
Reaction score
5,624
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
There were already announcements that there going to be two new series starting on April; and there is one series which hasn't announced when it going to start, but I predict it'll be in April as well. So, there going to be about three new series.

When I look at the current YJ series: Samurai Soldier will definitely going to end within few chapters; 81 Diver and Grand Slam are currently in their final arc, and; Mongrel is basically going to get cancelled within either 4 or 5 volumes. So, I think there are going to be rooms for new series.
And I feel like Nejimaki could end sooner rather than later, especially after this week's chapter. So yeah, you're right...there should be more new series on the way.
 

Kaizou 10

Banned
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 12, 2013
Messages
2,572
Reaction score
2,467
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
And I feel like Nejimaki could end sooner rather than later, especially after this week's chapter.
I'm not sure about Nejimaki, yet; I'm going to make judgement on that after I see the next chapter. But, yeah; it was kind of unexpected unfold.

---------- Post added at 11:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:37 PM ----------

About that; forgot to mention it earlier, but Grand Slam looks like it'll end next week. It will have center color, and the preview says it's the "climax," so I'm guessing it's ending.
But, there is one uncertain thing; I don't think it has enough chapters to fill one volume, unless it going to have some kind of epilogue, like WxY.
 

Heiji

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 8, 2009
Messages
2,547
Reaction score
7,928
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
About that; forgot to mention it earlier, but Grand Slam looks like it'll end next week. It will have center color, and the preview says it's the "climax," so I'm guessing it's ending.
No serie go in Climax. No yet end but Samurai Soldier will end.
 

Kaizou 10

Banned
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 12, 2013
Messages
2,572
Reaction score
2,467
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
No serie go in Climax. No yet end but Samurai Soldier will end.
Ah, so Grand Slam doesn't end on Issue 17; but still, I don't think it going to last long.
 

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 3, 2006
Messages
3,930
Reaction score
5,624
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
I'm not sure about Nejimaki, yet; I'm going to make judgement on that after I see the next chapter. But, yeah; it was kind of unexpected unfold.

---------- Post added at 11:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:37 PM ----------



But, there is one uncertain thing; I don't think it has enough chapters to fill one volume, unless it going to have some kind of epilogue, like WxY.
It was unexpected, but totally in character. I have to applaud Nakayama for keeping Kamo a character who never changed in his beliefs. Next week is going to be an interesting one...I wonder if Nejimaki has enough for another volume? Though we're getting one in a few days and another one in April so that makes me think it's on it's way out.
 

Kaizou 10

Banned
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 12, 2013
Messages
2,572
Reaction score
2,467
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
I wonder if Nejimaki has enough for another volume? Though we're getting one in a few days and another one in April so that makes me think it's on it's way out.
Actually, it needs either 2 or 3 chapters to fill another volume. So, IF Nejikami does end, then I think it'll possible to make room for the upcoming new series.
 

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 3, 2006
Messages
3,930
Reaction score
5,624
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Actually, it needs either 2 or 3 chapters to fill another volume. So, IF Nejikami does end, then I think it'll possible to make room for the upcoming new series.
Depending on what Nakayama does, I can see the series ending in two or three more chapters. That's how conclusive this week's chapter was. Actually I think this might even be a good place to end it. Though I'll keep reading if he wants to keep it going.
 

Kaizou 10

Banned
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 12, 2013
Messages
2,572
Reaction score
2,467
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Depending on what Nakayama does, I can see the series ending in two or three more chapters. That's how conclusive this week's chapter was. Actually I think this might even be a good place to end it. Though I'll keep reading if he wants to keep it going.
We'll see how it ends up. But, I feel kind of awkward being Kagyuu not fighting anyone at the last.
 

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 3, 2006
Messages
3,930
Reaction score
5,624
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
We'll see how it ends up. But, I feel kind of awkward being Kagyuu not fighting anyone at the last.
She's been fighting the entire series though. Kamo's more or less been a reverse damsel in distress (well, for one arc.) And other than being her love interest he didnt' really get to do anything even after his 'change'. He helped a bit during the Nichie home invasion arc thing, but Kagyuu is really the one who got the most development I think. This was Kamo's time and he defeated the biggest villain in the series on his terms. I'm still sorting things out, but I have to say that if the series does end here I would be completely happy with it. That being said, if Nakayama has more of a story to tell I'll gladly stick around.
 

Kaizou 10

Banned
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 12, 2013
Messages
2,572
Reaction score
2,467
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
She's been fighting the entire series though.
Well, isn't that what action series is basically about? Everything going to be about fighting?

Plus, I feel like Gagari isn't suppose to be the main antagonist for Kagyuu; she is strong, but I doubt it. Furthermore, I think you forgot that we still don't know the power of Mori, yet. So, I kind of feel like she going to be the main antagonist for Kagyuu. Even though the Chairman is the main villain, but I feel like things are kind of going to pretty easy.
 

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 3, 2006
Messages
3,930
Reaction score
5,624
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Well, isn't that what action series is basically about? Everything going to be about fighting?

Plus, I feel like Gagari isn't suppose to be the main antagonist for Kagyuu; she is strong, but I doubt it. Furthermore, I think you forgot that we still don't know the power of Mori, yet. So, I kind of feel like she going to be the main antagonist for Kagyuu. Even though the Chairman is the main villain, but I feel like things are kind of going to pretty easy.
Yeah, I mean I know that it's an action series and people fight in action series but she's always been fighting for Kamo so to speak, and the BC has been behind a lot of the reasons why they fight. I'm also not saying that Nakayama couldn't introduce a new twist to keep the series going. I mean there's still Kagyuu's mom who's been mentioned a few times but has yet to appear as well. Mori's an anomaly, I admit...and I don't know where she'll fit in with the whole scenario, but I'm not saying the series is definitely going to end in a few weeks. It just feels like it could.
 

Kaizou 10

Banned
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 12, 2013
Messages
2,572
Reaction score
2,467
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Yeah, I mean I know that it's an action series and people fight in action series but she's always been fighting for Kamo so to speak, and the BC has been behind a lot of the reasons why they fight. I'm also not saying that Nakayama couldn't introduce a new twist to keep the series going. I mean there's still Kagyuu's mom who's been mentioned a few times but has yet to appear as well. Mori's an anomaly, I admit...and I don't know where she'll fit in with the whole scenario, but I'm not saying the series is definitely going to end in a few weeks. It just feels like it could.
We'll see how it turns out on the next chapter; I think we'll have more clear view on whether it'll end or not depends on the flow of next chapter.
 

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 3, 2006
Messages
3,930
Reaction score
5,624
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
We'll see how it turns out on the next chapter; I think we'll have more clear view on whether it'll end or not depends on the flow of next chapter.
Yup. I do hope Mori gets a bit more spotlight then.

That being said, I have to read Liar Game. People seem to speak highly of it.

Post 1,850. Not a game, or a lie!
 

Kaizou 10

Banned
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 12, 2013
Messages
2,572
Reaction score
2,467
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
That being said, I have to read Liar Game. People seem to speak highly of it.
Well, if you like highly complicated and psychological game, then I'm sure you going to like this series. :p
 

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 3, 2006
Messages
3,930
Reaction score
5,624
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Well, if you like highly complicated and psychological game, then I'm sure you going to like this series. :p
:P Doesn't sound like my thing, but I've been surprised before. I just figure I should read YJ for more than just Nejimaki and TK Ghoul.
 

Kaizou 10

Banned
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 12, 2013
Messages
2,572
Reaction score
2,467
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
:P Doesn't sound like my thing, but I've been surprised before. I just figure I should read YJ for more than just Nejimaki and TK Ghoul.
Well, there are many action series that are good. Unfortunately, YJ doesn't really have a comedy series (I'm not sure you like short page gag manga, like Saiki Kusuo) until Issue 19.
 

RafaFedKilla

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2013
Messages
1,727
Reaction score
464
Gender
Male
Country
United States
There were already announcements that there going to be two new series starting on April; and there is one series which hasn't announced when it going to start, but I predict it'll be in April as well. So, there going to be about three new series.

When I look at the current YJ series: Samurai Soldier will definitely going to end within few chapters; 81 Diver and Grand Slam are currently in their final arc, and; Mongrel is basically going to get cancelled within either 4 or 5 volumes. So, I think there are going to be rooms for new series.
I have faith in Mongrel. It's pretty much the Soul Catcher(s) of Young Jump. I can see it sticking around for longer. Though it could just be my personal bias...
 

Kaizou 10

Banned
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 12, 2013
Messages
2,572
Reaction score
2,467
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
I have faith in Mongrel. It's pretty much the Soul Catcher(s) of Young Jump. I can see it sticking around for longer. Though it could just be my personal bias...
Not really. Soul Catcher(S) has at least some cushions; on the other hand, Mongrel basically doesn't have any cushion to protect it (I think Innocent is unranked series). So, it is more like a matter on either it'll end with volume 4 or 5.
 

stellvia

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Mar 17, 2010
Messages
25
Reaction score
5
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
I tried searching the thread a bit about rankings, but they seemed to be posts several years old, and inconclusive.

Has anyone figured out if there is rhyme or reason to ranking the series in Young Jump? I would assume it used a similar system to Shounen Jump, but people seemed unconvinced. Although it does seem the titles change positions in the ToC for every week -- so is that indeed the "ranking" then?

Was trying to get a feel for the reception of Boku Girl, and the rather low rankings in the ToC after the color pages ended has me apprehensive. Although I imagine with them advertising for an assistant for the author on the YJ site, it's not in danger for the forseeable future. It has a large following overseas, but that doesn't necessarily mean anything with the Japanese reception of it, of course.

Also, how long does it normally take for a release date for the first volume of new series? He's had enough total page-count for a tankoubon for about 5 weeks now.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top