Number A

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 3, 2014
Messages
492
Reaction score
502
Gender
Hidden
Country
Dragonstone
Re: Claymore Hang-out Thread

This is for all you 2007 fan people (It's been 7 years). Sorry if you hate Green Day, the title is relevant seeing as how our beloved Claymore takes its last bow at the end of September T_T


---------- Post added at 09:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:32 PM ----------

With Claymore manga ending there is a higher chance of new anime being produced. And I'm looking forward to Yagi's next work (hopefully not a Claymore spin-off but something entirely new).
More comedy maybe?
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Bayuga

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Sep 27, 2012
Messages
137
Reaction score
105
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: Claymore Hang-out Thread

Claymore will end? Finally! This Teresa nonsense was a torture. This was the worst final since Mass Effect 3.

This means, i was right, with the ~150 chapters. :hee
 
Last edited:

Claymore1

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 1, 2012
Messages
924
Reaction score
438
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Claymore Hang-out Thread

Claymore will end? Finally! This Teresa nonsense was a torture. This was the worst final since Mass Effect 3.

This means, i was right, with the ~150 chapters. :hee
..................

You're just still upset that Miria didn't win the beauty contest. You'll go out of your way to make that obvious, won't you? She lost for a reason. Hating Teresa because she is popular is pretty damn pathetic.
 
Last edited:

TacoCat

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Apr 2, 2014
Messages
87
Reaction score
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Claymore Hang-out Thread

What's gonna happen to the forum :(
 

ProGoddess

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 16, 2010
Messages
2,648
Reaction score
2,176
Gender
Female
Country
Water Tribe
Re: Claymore Hang-out Thread

I don't mind a Claymore spin-off to show the mainland arc. Even a completely new series is fine too. Yagi-sensei is a talented mangaka, I believe his next series would be as awesome as Claymore. I'm looking forward to it. :)
 

Number A

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 3, 2014
Messages
492
Reaction score
502
Gender
Hidden
Country
Dragonstone
Re: Claymore Hang-out Thread

This timing for me sucks.. things are very crappy recently cant even look forward to my fav manga anymore :(
I feel your pain bro, I lost my JOB last Tuesday. Truly this is the week of 30 days notice :P

---------- Post added at 08:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:31 AM ----------

What's gonna happen to the forum :(
We'll chatter away for a month or so before falling silent. Then, after a period of several months to a year it'll get archived. I was a huge TRC fan once and that's what happened to my forum when the manga finished.
 

Project Spirit

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 30, 2012
Messages
159
Reaction score
148
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: Claymore Hang-out Thread

We will all drift apart, reading and watching other things. One day we may cross paths with new warriors, of different generations, who are just getting into Claymore. We will have fun reminiscing while they talk to us about it. Ultimately, our battles and digits will remain with us. We will recognize old friends or foes in unknown parts of the world, and share a mutual respect from knowing what we shared.
 

Bayuga

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Sep 27, 2012
Messages
137
Reaction score
105
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: Claymore Hang-out Thread

You're just still upset that Miria didn't win the beauty contest. You'll go out of your way to make that obvious, won't you? She lost for a reason. Hating Teresa because she is popular is pretty damn pathetic.
:facepalm Your ridiculous comment shows only, that you have understood nothing. The same is true for your fanboy/girl comrades littleangel and serpico.

I wanted a good and complex story, storytelling, realistic powerlevels, backstory of Yuma, Cynthia and other important Claymores, more informations about the Asarakam the source of the Yoma, and a great epic final on the war continent, and not a boring battle between two overpowered characters. That's the reason, i criticize Teresa and Yagi. And btw, in other forums like Mangafox, there are also people who criticize that.

But a guy like you, who wrote in chapter 126: "what happened to Raki" and in the Rabona battle with Audrey, Europa and Miata: "where is Clare!!!" will never understand this. A further discussion is pointless.

Of course, i have to accept Yagi's decision. But this wasted potential is still a shame ...
 
Last edited:

DforD

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Aug 14, 2014
Messages
23
Reaction score
6
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
Re: Claymore Hang-out Thread

Your ridiculous comment shows only, that you have understood nothing. The same is true for your fanboy/girl comrades littleangel and serpico.

I wanted a good and complex story, storytelling, realistic powerlevels, backstory of Yuma, Cynthia and other important Claymores, more informations about the Asarakam the source of the Yoma, and a great epic final on the war continent, and not a boring battle between two overpowered characters. That's the reason, i criticize Teresa and Yagi.

But a guy like you, who wrote in chapter 126: "what happened to Raki" and in the Rabona battle with Audrey, Europa and Miata: "where is Clare!!!" will never understand this. A further discussion is pointless.

Of course, i have to accept Yagi's decision. But this wasted potential is still a shame ...
Although I dont agree with your feelings on the series end I do think your idea for a different version of the story is very interesting
It would be cool if a new anime showed that "extended edition" of the story
 

Bayuga

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Sep 27, 2012
Messages
137
Reaction score
105
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: Claymore Hang-out Thread

A extended edition of Claymore would be really awesome. I would also be very happy, if Yagi would make a Claymore 2. But that will probably not happen ...
 

Nanozom

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 9, 2013
Messages
1,035
Reaction score
449
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Re: Claymore Hang-out Thread

I wanted a good and complex story, storytelling, realistic powerlevels, backstory of Yuma, Cynthia and other important Claymores, more informations about the Asarakam the source of the Yoma, and a great epic final on the war continent, and not a boring battle between two overpowered characters. That's the reason, i criticize Teresa and Yagi. And btw, in other forums like Mangafox, there are also people who criticize that.

Of course, i have to accept Yagi's decision. But this wasted potential is still a shame ...
May I tempt you with a claymore fanfiction I´m writing?
Considering your demands for what you expect from Claymore, it might interest you.
:)
 

Project Spirit

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 30, 2012
Messages
159
Reaction score
148
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: Claymore Hang-out Thread

@Bayuga-
While I agree with you about Claymore having more potential, I'm satisfied, mostly with the conclusion. The path to get to the conclusion was a bit rocky though. For one thing, I'm a guy who was once a complete Yu Yu Hakusho fanboy. And let me tell you, in my eyes nothing can out do the wasted potential in that final season, both for the anime and manga. That was a series I loved, and the concept of the final arc should have been all I could hope for, but it was butchered and rushed beyond belief due to illness.

As for what you say about Cynthia and Yuma, fleshing them out could have worked before Clare disappeared. They had their chance during their short travel with Clare and the attack of Beth. However, since they didn't really get anything out of all that, I'm part of the group that thinks they should have just died there. Same with Helen and Deneve tbh. After Clare's removal from the story, we were only given one character that could hold her own to drive the story, Miria. That's the problem, especially when Miria was also removed for many chapters. These other characters just could not be liked enough to move from support roles to the spot of a main. To me, this set the ZOA arc up for failure. It's a problem when the most interesting characters in the arc were just introduced (Roxanne and Cassandra).

While power levels could have been a bit more down to the rest of the Claymore world, the final battle itself had more than that wrong with it. I don't mind Teresa and Priscilla being on another level. What could have made it perfect in my eyes would have been simply replicating the feeling of when we meet Riful for the first time, or the fight with Ophelia. I was on the edge of my seat for those events, both while reading and watching. We knew they were on a different level than Clare, but that didn't take away from the thrill back then. Instead, I feel like we were just bombarded with idea after idea. Awakened army, Cassandra, Riful-Doll, Europa, Prissandra, Cassandra, Priscilla, Raki, Prissandra again, Cassandra again, Teresa. Okay...way too much going on. Of course the ending's pace felt off. Every part of the pace for a while has been distorted since Clare met the blob.

I don't dislike the ending at all though. It's still more unique than most things I've read, despite feeling a bit cluttered. I liked the emotion, the closure, artwork, the teamwork and the suspense at times. I liked Teresa coming out in the end, and Clare indirectly fighting instead of becoming powerful on her own like most stories would have done. And I'd prefer to not go to the mainland in this story. This was ultimately about Clare, Teresa, and Priscilla. It was their story line. That's something about the conclusion that I thought went perfect, it got back to them. Knowing that there is more to the world is the magic of Claymore. No one knows what creature is lurking around the corner, or in this case, on other continents. But that is a different story entirely. I'd love to see a place with different warrior designs and unique abilities fighting somewhere. It makes Claymore feel like a story in a bigger universe, like western comics such as Marvel or DC.
 

DforD

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Aug 14, 2014
Messages
23
Reaction score
6
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
Re: Claymore Hang-out Thread

@Bayuga-
While power levels could have been a bit more down to the rest of the Claymore world, the final battle itself had more than that wrong with it. I don't mind Teresa and Priscilla being on another level. What could have made it perfect in my eyes would have been simply replicating the feeling of when we meet Riful for the first time, or the fight with Ophelia. I was on the edge of my seat for those events, both while reading and watching. We knew they were on a different level than Clare, but that didn't take away from the thrill back then. Instead, I feel like we were just bombarded with idea after idea. Awakened army, Cassandra, Riful-Doll, Europa, Prissandra, Cassandra, Priscilla, Raki, Prissandra again, Cassandra again, Teresa. Okay...way too much going on. Of course the ending's pace felt off. Every part of the pace for a while has been distorted since Clare met the blob.
Part 1 was so great because of Claire's isolation but I dont think that feeling could've transferred to the final battle much less anything post-Riful/Dauf's Cave arc (or whatever its called lol)

I dunno, maybe if the story kept Claire by herself most of the time then it would have been better and more familiar to part 1? Sounds interesting and I'd love for someone to make that. I certainly think Part 2 enemies were more than strong enough to pose that same power found in Part 1 so im sure a few tweaks could make it work.
 

Bayuga

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Sep 27, 2012
Messages
137
Reaction score
105
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: Claymore Hang-out Thread

If there is a spin-off set in the mainland that is something that seems like it would actually be "miriamore"
No, Yagi's next Manga is Scimitar. Scimitar ;)
 
Last edited:

Nanozom

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 9, 2013
Messages
1,035
Reaction score
449
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Re: Claymore Hang-out Thread

Really? Where did you get this info?
I think that was meant as a joke...
(imiar = Miria)
Just saying.
 

Bayuga

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Sep 27, 2012
Messages
137
Reaction score
105
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: Claymore Hang-out Thread

Really? Where did you get this info?
Nanozom is right, this was only a joke. :)

A Claymore is a sword. And Claymore without the letters y, m, and o is Clare. This means Claymore = Clare

A Scimitar is also a sword. And Scimitar without S, c and t is imiar, an Anagram for Miria. This means Scimitar = Miria.

Scimitar would be a good title for a Claymore sequel.
 

Fate_Archer

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Sep 18, 2008
Messages
90
Reaction score
120
Gender
Male
Country
Genosha
Re: Claymore Hang-out Thread

I feel your pain bro, I lost my JOB last Tuesday. Truly this is the week of 30 days notice :P
Tough luck, hope you find something nice soon if you haven't already.

---------- Post added at 08:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:31 AM ----------

We'll chatter away for a month or so before falling silent. Then, after a period of several months to a year it'll get archived. I was a huge TRC fan once and that's what happened to my forum when the manga finished.
We will all drift apart, reading and watching other things. One day we may cross paths with new warriors, of different generations, who are just getting into Claymore. We will have fun reminiscing while they talk to us about it. Ultimately, our battles and digits will remain with us. We will recognize old friends or foes in unknown parts of the world, and share a mutual respect from knowing what we shared.
Now this is a brutally realistic prediction and one that may likely befell us if we can't find creative solutions. You see, I have been lurking and reading people's posts much more than I have been sharing my own. When I feel like I want to go back to Claymore fandom, I WANT something to read about on forums, and if they just get archived and no one posts about it, I think I will be sorely missing something inside.

I wonder what can be done to avoid such a depressing fate that most series that eventually come to an end have to face. Granted, if Claymore gets a sequel, spin-off or an anime remake, these will be non problems but I'm definitely not counting on any of that to happen.

So, ideas? I thought Number A's beauty contest was a fantastic one, hell, it got me to get out of my Claymore cave and share my silly posts again here. Motions like that would have been awesome to keep the community as much alive as it possibly can in these dire moments ahead.

I could try to bring forth decades worth of Priscilla vs Teresa arguments and discussions, these seem to hit some people very personally (:teehee) and as I'm still not pretty sold on one after the other to this day even after having read the chapter just before the last. I think there are some rather valid interpretations going for each.

We can't let the Claymore community die guys. Seriously.
 

Nanozom

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 9, 2013
Messages
1,035
Reaction score
449
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Re: Claymore Hang-out Thread

Well, I don´t want this to just fade away like a withering flower either but the question is what can be done to keep claymore interest alive?
It´s all a matter of available options...
A: monthly art contests; we as a fandom draw a chosen theme, character or situation and put them up on a art thread, keeping claymore alive that way.
B: Finding some good fanfiction and start discussing it like we did with the manga (can´t tell if this would work or not but this is just a suggestion)
C: Going in deep with the manga and start discussing characters, themes and psychological aspects with both the world and the characters. (I have no clue on how many would be interested in sharing their guesses and compare with the most reasonable cause of how a character is like or what it would act like in certain theoretical situations we didn´t see in the manga.)
D: Discuss the potential flaws in the story and try come up with solutions on how it could have been handled better. (I don´t want to complain or anything, just consider it a mental exercise in the name of logic and reason.)
E: Discussing a bunch of "What if?" scenarios that everyone can provide for amusement. (as in "What if Raki was killed in the first chapter before Claire could kill Zaki?" or "What if Claire had awakened in Rabona and Raki failed?" or "What if Claire failed to pull Jean back from her awakening?" Things like that.) I personally think that would be quite intriguing myself but that´s just personal taste.
F: Contest: Best awakened form seen in the story (which would be quite silly now since we seen Teresa and we all know that she would win that, no objections.)

These are just a few of the suggestions but it´s at least better than nothing... and if you all have other options and suggestions on how to keep this Claymore fandom alive then by all means, feel free to share them with the others here.
 

Fate_Archer

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Sep 18, 2008
Messages
90
Reaction score
120
Gender
Male
Country
Genosha
Re: Claymore Hang-out Thread

All great suggestions Nanozom, let's get a bit into each of them.

Well, I don´t want this to just fade away like a withering flower either but the question is what can be done to keep claymore interest alive?
It´s all a matter of available options...
A: monthly art contests; we as a fandom draw a chosen theme, character or situation and put them up on a art thread, keeping claymore alive that way.
B: Finding some good fanfiction and start discussing it like we did with the manga (can´t tell if this would work or not but this is just a suggestion)
A) looks pretty good initially, the problem I see is that I think the number of members artistically gifted in our community to contribute well to such idea is much smaller than the number of non talented members. It's just my impression and hopefully I'm wrong, but it seems to be that the interest with Claymore art has waned compared to some years ago. It makes me wonder what happened with the tons of Claymore art we used to get at animesuki. There was this guy, DeadGuyKai, who would post art in the image thread daily. He's missing.

B) I heart this, but I can only speak for myself. Some poeple really can't get into fanfics, and I know because I used to be one of these. In this respect I think we are currently a bit fortunate, there's a very good manhua doujin about Claymore being translated by ProGoddess and edited by Number A, so it's already a very good start. Of course, we can't let this good doujin be everything it has to it, posting and commenting on our own fanfics should be more encouraged. I should start writing my own btw. What is a good website/platform to write and post fanfics on the web (other than this place in the case of Claymore)?

I heard you have been writing your own too, so I would love to read about it. :^_^

C: Going in deep with the manga and start discussing characters, themes and psychological aspects with both the world and the characters. (I have no clue on how many would be interested in sharing their guesses and compare with the most reasonable cause of how a character is like or what it would act like in certain theoretical situations we didn´t see in the manga.)
Yep, it's something I have been trying to push a bit with my infrequent Walls of Texts, not sure how much it's appreciated though other than the couple likes I get from time to time. We used to have quite some talks on animesuki exploring a lot these subjects back in the day, hopefully we can bring them enough to draw out more people who would like these character in-depth discussions. Claymore as a story has a lot of room for that.

D: Discuss the potential flaws in the story and try come up with solutions on how it could have been handled better. (I don´t want to complain or anything, just consider it a mental exercise in the name of logic and reason.)
Yeah, sounds like our typical general discussions of the story and these general talks are a pretty good thing to have regularly actually. Which are or could be considered some of the flaws in the story in your opinion, for example?

E: Discussing a bunch of "What if?" scenarios that everyone can provide for amusement. (as in "What if Raki was killed in the first chapter before Claire could kill Zaki?" or "What if Claire had awakened in Rabona and Raki failed?" or "What if Claire failed to pull Jean back from her awakening?" Things like that.) I personally think that would be quite intriguing myself but that´s just personal taste
This is something I have done a lot as the story progressed and was even a bit disappointed when a particular event wouldn't go the way I imagined. I think it could work great. We could start a "What if?" thread, coming up with situations, discussing them enough and moving on to other What if scenarios. That could eventually fuel some fanfic ideas too from our members.

I have some what ifs that I have indulged of my own, but I think I will hold some of these to possible fanfic stories. :verily

Very good idea I think.

F: Contest: Best awakened form seen in the story (which would be quite silly now since we seen Teresa and we all know that she would win that, no objections.)

These are just a few of the suggestions but it´s at least better than nothing... and if you all have other options and suggestions on how to keep this Claymore fandom alive then by all means, feel free to share them with the others here.
I think we have a thread on this already, but if we can have a contest in a bracket format similar to how Number A came up with, it could bring some nice activity again. I think the beauty contest was a total success - the format, presentation, the bracketing, scheduling and all.

Could the second edition of the Claymore context be the Coolest Awakened Being contest? :zomg

Thanks for your suggestions Nonozom, I think if we keep considering these and coming up with some neat ideas, we could help to significantly prolong the longevity of this particular board and the Claymore community.
 
Top