Other Your Favorite Quotes: Quotable Quotes!

Runemage

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2007
Messages
76
Reaction score
0
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Re: Your Favorite Quotes: Quotable Quotes! (Post it here)

"Cogito, ergo sum" ~ Descartes :p
 

deathshadow25

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 17, 2006
Messages
753
Reaction score
0
Age
38
Country
United States
Re: Your Favorite Quotes: Quotable Quotes! (Post it here)

"Those who live using other people as their standards are humans not being themselves."

~Eddie Lee
 

erikrhys

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 20, 2007
Messages
326
Reaction score
2
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Your Favorite Quotes: Quotable Quotes! (Post it here)

"Love it or die!"
~Johnny Rotten-The Sex Pistols
 

ILUVATAR

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2006
Messages
532
Reaction score
50
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Greece
Re: Your Favorite Quotes: Quotable Quotes! (Post it here)

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn is to love and to be loved"
a scene from a movie. an actor said it.

"If you want breakfast in bed go and sleep in the kitchen"
a greek cef in a TV show xD

and the ones in my sig of cource >_>
 

ran0001

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Mar 30, 2007
Messages
93
Reaction score
0
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Re: Your Favorite Quotes: Quotable Quotes! (Post it here)

I don't really know where I first heard this but it left a big impact on me and I keep on hearing it still.

"Ignorance is a bliss"

LOL =P

And from Gintama's Gin-san

"I wish I had something like Bankai"

LOL. Don't we all do?
 

PaperYomiko

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 26, 2007
Messages
2,566
Reaction score
10
Age
43
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Your Favorite Quotes: Quotable Quotes! (Post it here)

'It can't rain all the time' ~The Crow
 

rabb

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 19, 2006
Messages
1,572
Reaction score
26
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Your Favorite Quotes: Quotable Quotes! (Post it here)

"Cogito, ergo sum" ~ Descartes :p
"i think, therefore i am" :p watching ergo proxy?

"from day one i thought about getting out
but not forgetting about
all my worst fears are letting out
you said 'why put a new address
on the same old lonliness
when breathing just passes the time
until we all get old and die?'
now talking is just a waste of breath
and living is just a a waste of death
and why put a new address
on the same old lonliness?
and this is me and you
and you and me
until we have nothing left"
-fallout boy, poem at the end of Get Busy Living or Get Busy Dying (Do Your Part to Save the Scene and Stop Going to Shows)
 

erikrhys

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 20, 2007
Messages
326
Reaction score
2
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Your Favorite Quotes: Quotable Quotes! (Post it here)

also my second favorite quote is AlSO by Johnny Rotten....it was at his last concert after all the crap had happened........

"Ever feel, like you've been cheated?"
 

night_wolf

Manga Editor
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 27, 2007
Messages
382
Reaction score
612
Gender
Male
Country
India
Re: Your Favorite Quotes: Quotable Quotes! (Post it here)

i dont know who said this. my the one i like is

never say never.
 

Runemage

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2007
Messages
76
Reaction score
0
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Re: Your Favorite Quotes: Quotable Quotes! (Post it here)

"Reinhart was never his mother's favorite, and he was an only child." ~ Thomas Berger
 

Dark soul within

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 6, 2007
Messages
167
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: Your Favorite Quotes: Quotable Quotes! (Post it here)

"One man, one vote, the Patrician was that man, he had the vote"
- Terry Pratchett, can't remember which Discworld novel atm i'm afraid.

"one by one the penguins stole my sanity"
- T-shirt slogan
 

rabb

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 19, 2006
Messages
1,572
Reaction score
26
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Your Favorite Quotes: Quotable Quotes! (Post it here)

"Everyday, I think people can't get any stupider. Everyday I am proven horribly wrong"
-my favorite T-shirt.
 

erikrhys

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 20, 2007
Messages
326
Reaction score
2
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Your Favorite Quotes: Quotable Quotes! (Post it here)

funniest quote ever

"I can't find my penis!"

-My room-mate when he was high/drunk
 

Dark soul within

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 6, 2007
Messages
167
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: Your Favorite Quotes: Quotable Quotes! (Post it here)

"Luck is my middle name, mind you my first name is Bad"

- Rincewind in Interesting Times
 

miyi

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 12, 2007
Messages
625
Reaction score
25
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Your Favorite Quotes: Quotable Quotes! (Post it here)

Would you please please please please please please please stop talking?
^Ernest Hemingway (from Hills Like White Elephants)



Sin loi! [...] I'm sorry, motherfuckers, but I'm out of it, I'm goofed, I'm on a space cruise, I'm gone!
^Tim O'Brien (from The Things They Carried)
 

MadDog

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 9, 2006
Messages
938
Reaction score
88
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Your Favorite Quotes: Quotable Quotes! (Post it here)

^Tim O'Brien (from The Things They Carried)
^I absolutely loved that book! I read it a while ago, so now I'm going to dig it up and read it again. :XD

Here's my favortie quote from Cheers.

"Hey Mr. Peterson, Jack Frost nipping at your nose?"
"Yep, now let's get Joe Beer nipping at my liver, huh?"
 
Last edited:

Az3r

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 27, 2007
Messages
602
Reaction score
72
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Re: Your Favorite Quotes: Quotable Quotes! (Post it here)

"Nightmare. Once you have it, you'll love it" - Sloganizer website.

It's kinda dumb :darn . I just go to that website and write the word Nightmare randomly. The slogan generator give that to me. It's kinda silly to be a slogan, so I just consider it quote...
 

Sai

THE MH FOODIE
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Tech
Joined
Jan 31, 2006
Messages
2,916
Reaction score
2,205
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Re: Your Favorite Quotes: Quotable Quotes! (Post it here)

One of my favorite quotes of all time is be T.E. Lawrence:

"Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that all was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes, and make it possible. "
- T.E. Lawrence

I sort of live by that quote....Another one I love is a Japanese Proverb:

馬鹿は死ななきゃ直らない
(romanji: Baka wa Shinanakya Naoranai)
Translation: The only way to fix the stupid is to kill them.

Oh and I can't forget my favorite Chinese Proverb

玉不琢不成器
translation: Jade that is not chiseled cannot become a gem
meaning: A person needs to train in order to become better

Those are just some of my favorite sayings and such....I have way to many to count.
 

itsumobasho

Translator
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Apr 14, 2007
Messages
76
Reaction score
9
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
Re: Your Favorite Quotes: Quotable Quotes! (Post it here)

Here are some quotes/sayings that I like...

"Often, if one loves too deeply, it is intoxicating. If one hates too deeply, the heart is easily shattered. The most painful experience in life, however... is waiting." - Chinese Odyssey 2002

七転び八起き nanakorobi yaoki: Basically means if you get knocked down 7 times, you get up 8 times! Basically.. never give up. :)

"If my memory of her has an expiration date, it let it be 10,000 years." - Chungking Express

"You're money, baby" - Swingers

"I'm the guy doing his f*cking job." - The Departed

両手に花 - Literally having a flower in both hands... but the infered meaning is having two girls on each side of you. Hahaha. :D
 

erikrhys

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 20, 2007
Messages
326
Reaction score
2
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Your Favorite Quotes: Quotable Quotes! (Post it here)

favorite quote from frasier:

Daphne: it's not like men have never used sex before to get what they want

Frasier: How can we possibly use sex to get what we want, sex IS what we want
 
Top