COME FOR A SCHWING: niichan nag thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
So it's $5 instead of $15. Still have to buy a subscription and then WoD is $50. So it's $70 instead of $80...

Edit: nvm

---------- Post added at 07:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:10 PM ----------

So like $20 for two months play time basically?
 

Nuno

Retired Douchemin
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
27,800
Reaction score
18,554
Gender
Hidden
Country
Norway
I guess "req sub" means you need to pay for a month, yeah. So you get 2 months for the cost of 1.

Like I said you shouldn't buy WoD until you are approaching 90. If you're lovin' it before that you can obviously do it, but there's really no point to buying the expansion needlessly early. It's not like with Cataclysm which revamped the entire old map, where you pretty much had to buy it immediately to get the best player experience. I'd say 20 bucks is pretty decent for such a massive game xD
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
I clicked "Try" and maybe I'll check it out tonight...:residentsleeper
 

Nuno

Retired Douchemin
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
27,800
Reaction score
18,554
Gender
Hidden
Country
Norway
Yeah, beware of what I said though, to not be disappointed if you end up wanting it but then you can't continue on your trial character 8)

Also it goes without saying but I do it anyway, it's obviously a big build up game so the first levels might be a little dull due to few abilities etc. IMO it starts getting cool when you start having a decent set of core abilities. For example on rogue that's like lvl 30 or some shit. Not sure what class I would recommend for you really. No idea what type you are?
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Uh I have no idea tbh...like, I don't really have much of a history with MMORPGs. Would be stupid to base it off of LoL or something.
 

Nuno

Retired Douchemin
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
27,800
Reaction score
18,554
Gender
Hidden
Country
Norway
Uh I have no idea tbh...like, I don't really have much of a history with MMORPGs. Would be stupid to base it off of LoL or something.
TOP LANE = BRUISER = PALADIN?

Seriously paladins are cool though. Btw niichan and I made alliance characters because he was so hyped for playing a worgen (werewolf) ...

---------- Post added at 01:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:23 AM ----------

I imagine you enjoying Shaman for some reason, but Shaman is shit race on Alliance ... :residentsleeper
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
TOP LANE = BRUISER = PALADIN?

Seriously paladins are cool though. Btw niichan and I made alliance characters because he was so hyped for playing a worgen (werewolf) ...
I used to think Paladin was cool in Diablo, but...:lmao

But Alliance is...gay

---------- Post added at 07:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:24 PM ----------

I imagine you enjoying Shaman for some reason, but Shaman is shit race on Alliance ... :residentsleeper
I brought Shaman up the other day in a convo with you...some reason :thorntongue

Why is it a shit race in Alliance?

What about Druid?
 

Nuno

Retired Douchemin
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
27,800
Reaction score
18,554
Gender
Hidden
Country
Norway
I don't remember that .. Maybe I remember it subconciously 8)

It's shit races because the only races that can be Shaman on Alliance are dwarves, draenei and pandas :residentsleeper

Druid is really cool. You can be feral (dps or tank), caster dps (ugly moonkin form) or healer. Druid is the most diverse class. I liked it when I played it last time. I had never played much druid and when I resumed to try Pandaria I lvled a druid from 1-90 for the first time ever really lvling druid. I like other classes more. Druid is somewhat a complicated class since you have so many shapes and abilities to remember, but it's fun.

I really like Paladins, but I feel like I end up sitting staring at my ability icons to track their availability (cooldowns) rather than focus on my character 100%, which IMO sucks dick. It's a messy class like that. I still find them really cool however. Retribution (dps) paladin is so badass.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
I don't remember that .. Maybe I remember it subconciously 8)

It's shit races because the only races that can be Shaman on Alliance are dwarves, draenei and pandas :residentsleeper

Druid is really cool. You can be feral (dps or tank), caster dps (ugly moonkin form) or healer. Druid is the most diverse class. I liked it when I played it last time. I had never played much druid and when I resumed to try Pandaria I lvled a druid from 1-90 for the first time ever really lvling druid. I like other classes more. Druid is somewhat a complicated class since you have so many shapes and abilities to remember, but it's fun.

I really like Paladins, but I feel like I end up sitting staring at my ability icons to track their availability (cooldowns) rather than focus on my character 100%, which IMO sucks dick. It's a messy class like that. I still find them really cool however. Retribution (dps) paladin is so badass.
I brought up how someone was streaming WoD and said how everyone was playing Tauren now and that Shaman is good at everything or something.

What are you and niichan playing?
 

Nuno

Retired Douchemin
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
27,800
Reaction score
18,554
Gender
Hidden
Country
Norway
Oh right. Yeah Enhancement Shamans (melee dps) are rather top tier right now. On AoE packs they are godlike. The cool thing about shamans is that they are so explosive and throwing out lots of instant cast spells. I played one in Cataclysm since I ALSO hadn't played Shaman until then (since I had played Alliance and until the first expansion Shaman was exclusive for Horde). Really enjoyed it. Shaman kinda goes into the same "stare at ability icons" trap like Paladins though, but a really cool class.

I'm playing Hunter and he's playing a Druid. Doesn't matter what we play really. We're only lvl 10. He made me waste 2 hours of my day today, running around to meet him across the entire world, when it didn't end up working. Holy shit ... I legit facepalmed for 2 minutes straight when I realized the impossibility UPON ARRIVAL . . .

:residentsleeper
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
I'm playing Hunter and he's playing a Druid. Doesn't matter what we play really. We're only lvl 10. He made me waste 2 hours of my day today, running around to meet him across the entire world, when it didn't end up working. Holy shit ... I legit facepalmed for 2 minutes straight when I realized the impossibility UPON ARRIVAL . . .

:residentsleeper
Upon Arrival? :lmao
 

Nuno

Retired Douchemin
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
27,800
Reaction score
18,554
Gender
Hidden
Country
Norway
I ran for 1hr30min and literally at the entrance to his zone I realized it wasn't possible to play together there :residentsleeper
[mover]:fail[/mover]
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
I ran for 1hr30min and literally at the entrance to his zone I realized it wasn't possible to play together there :residentsleeper
[mover]:fail[/mover]
Why not? ROFL

Different races?
 

Nuno

Retired Douchemin
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
27,800
Reaction score
18,554
Gender
Hidden
Country
Norway
Worgen's start zone is basically in the middle of Undead territory. Outside of Worgen's zone there's a 10-20 zone for Undead. I thought we could play in that zone but there were no Alliance camps there. When I arrived I noticed there were no friendly NPCs around or flight paths or anything, and I was like "........................................................................................................................."

It takes a long time to walk all that way since I had to get from the other continent by boat to Stormwind (rather south-middle) in the other continent. Then take the "express train" to Ironforge, the Dward capital, and WALK (since you can't mount until lvl 20) through the Dwarf starting zone, their 10-20 zone. A 20-30 zone, a 30+ zone, Undead's 20-30 zone and Undead's 10-20 zone. Countless deaths due to high lvl mobs. I found it curious when I towards the end kept encountering many Undead guards. I was like "these zones are so hostile to Alliance wtf". The gates to the zones were even guarded by Horde guards which I HAD to kamikaze through xD Holy shit so stupid.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
So what's the plan now? :XD

He's a Worgen Druid and you're a ___ Hunter?
 

Nuno

Retired Douchemin
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
27,800
Reaction score
18,554
Gender
Hidden
Country
Norway
So what's the plan now? :XD
When he was done with his starting zone he got a quest to get teleported to the night elf 10-20 zone.... (I'm Night Elf and my "journey" started from the zone he got teleported to). Talk about getting fucked in the ass with a horse sized dick.

---------- Post added at 02:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:03 AM ----------

We knew he'd get that option though (to get ported "somewhere"), since elsewhere he'd be stuck far from any Alliance capitals. I thought he'd get a quest to get ported to Stormwind (human capital) however. Not that it woulda mattered much since it's like 5 min travel from human to night elf territory by boat. I asked him if he wanted to come to me or if I should come to him since we wondered what zones we wanted to play, and we decided his zones were more fun. LOL.
 

Nuno

Retired Douchemin
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
27,800
Reaction score
18,554
Gender
Hidden
Country
Norway
Hope he feels bad :residentsleeper
Yeah he said sorry etc, but not really his fault since I didn't mind coming over to his zone. I could've actually noticed it was impossible before traveling there since you can see small icons on the map for "flight path" even when unexplored... No flight paths basically mean "YOU GOT NOTHING TO DO HERE THERE ARE NO CAMPS U FUCKING NOOB!" xD Thought it would take shorter tbh, but I kept stopping to challenge high lvl mobs xD Hunter is so fucking broken I could kill lvl 30 mobs as a lvl 10 xD

K I T E B O Y S :4head

Hello! I did drink a lot so here I am. SPAM TIME!
You are drunk? :notsure
 

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Dec 7, 2010
Messages
31,967
Reaction score
23,756
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Well not completely. But quite close. Destroyed two bottles of vodka... Now I think that the Gin looks quite lovely.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top