Help Short & Quick Translation Request Thread [Thread for members with little/no JP/C/K knowledge. OP for

JoCurryrice

Translator
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Aug 22, 2014
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
France
thank you, what is said in this text?
"I-If that happens, Majin Buu will just keep on destroying things, until he's truned the whole world into nothingness!! Are you really okay with that...?"
 

valfranx

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Aug 10, 2014
Messages
34
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
Antarctica
Thank you so much. I became interested in this text, I saw a kanji to galaxies "の銀河", it says something about the destruction of galaxies?

 

Sir Isley

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Nov 8, 2012
Messages
189
Reaction score
130
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: LOOKING FOR A JAPANESE TO ENGLISH OR FRENCH TRANSLATOR, ANY TAKERS?

The request I have isn't from the manga itself but from it's guidebook.

I just want to know what the black box says.


I just want to know what the middle section says(3 pics)
 

animalia

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Feb 13, 2007
Messages
60
Reaction score
2
Age
40
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
I need the follwing two sfx's translated.

&
 
Last edited:

mikkih

Translator/Moderator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2010
Messages
1,710
Reaction score
1,371
Gender
Female
Country
United States
@animalia

ざざーん(zazaan) / .....ざざざざばべーん(.....zazazazababeen) [e - e in egg]

These sound effects (sfx) don't make sense alone without context. Try online resource such as JADED, and look under ざ(za) [link] for zaza/zazaan part at least to see if any of the listings would fit. The babeen part maybe more difficult to find out, but it can be equivalent to BAM.
 

animalia

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Feb 13, 2007
Messages
60
Reaction score
2
Age
40
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
@animalia

ざざーん(zazaan) / .....ざざざざばべーん(.....zazazazababeen) [e - e in egg]

These sound effects (sfx) don't make sense alone without context. Try online resource such as JADED, and look under ざ(za) [link] for zaza/zazaan part at least to see if any of the listings would fit. The babeen part maybe more difficult to find out, but it can be equivalent to BAM.
I will reupload them as pages ok?

http://postimg.org/image/tseva2z43/

&

http://postimg.org/image/4eqa6qmv7/

Does that help?
 
Last edited:

perroloco

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 8, 2008
Messages
1,056
Reaction score
915
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Mexico
Just a quick question.. I was interested in reading the manga "Limit" by Keiko Suenobu, I looked at wikipedia and supposedly the manga had sold 10,000,000 copies which is like a lot, especially considering how volumes 5 and 6 had sold around 30,000 copies.. (It said in the same wikipedia article) so something didn't seem right..
Anyway wikipedia links the 10,000,000 copies sold remark to the official "Limit" website.
http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/limit/introduction/

I think the actual text is this:

" すえのぶけいこ『リミット』
(講談社「別冊フレンド」刊)

累計部数1000万部を越えドラマ化もされた大ヒット作
『ライフ』のすえのぶけいこが描く衝撃作!"

I googled translated and gave me this:
Keiko Suenobu " limit "
( Kodansha " Bessatsu Friend " published )

Blockbuster that drama also has been beyond the total number of copies 10 million parts
Keiko Suenobu draws shock work of " life " !

Is this correct?
I'm you know.. A little skeptic about this information, I mean the manga had sold 30,000 volumes when it was released... And it somehow sold 10,000,000 copies? It being 6 volumes, that would mean each volume sold an average of 1,600,000 copies.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I'm studying Japanese right now and I was trying to read a page of a manga to see if I would understand something and, at same time, study the structures of the dialogues. I still have short knowledge about Japanese, so I think I'm in the right thread. XD
The phrase is as follow:

その子は一切人と関わるうとはせず。

With the help of dictionary and Google translate, I was able to grasp the idea of the phrase. However, I have problems with these parts:

うと : う indicates speculation by what I understood from the explanation the dictionary gave, but what's the function of と (or うと if they have a specific meaning together)?

せず: One dictionary says that it can be a conguate form of する, but also a particle/suffix meaning "without". I don't know which one is right or they aren't right at all.

Could you guys translate and make a brief explanation of these points?
Thanks in advance. ^^

PS: In the page, it doesn't say 関わる, but 関わろ, but I think it was a typo since it doesn't make any sense, at least for me. O.o
 
Last edited:

mikkih

Translator/Moderator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2010
Messages
1,710
Reaction score
1,371
Gender
Female
Country
United States
I'm studying Japanese right now and I was trying to read a page of a manga to see if I would understand something and, at same time, study the structures of the dialogues. I still have short knowledge about Japanese, so I think I'm in the right thread. XD
The phrase is as follow:

その子は一切人と関わるうとはせず。

With the help of dictionary and Google translate, I was able to grasp the idea of the phrase. However, I have problems with these parts:

うと : う indicates speculation by what I understood from the explanation the dictionary gave, but what's the function of と (or うと if they have a specific meaning together)?

せず: One dictionary says that it can be a conguate form of する, but also a particle/suffix meaning "without". I don't know which one is right or they aren't right at all.

Could you guys translate and make a brief explanation of these points?
Thanks in advance. ^^

PS: In the page, it doesn't say 関わる, but 関わろ, but I think it was a typo since it doesn't make any sense, at least for me. O.o
I'll be out of town in a few hours, so this is all I can post for now.

子は、一切人と関わろうとせず
The child is not willing to get involved with people/others.
The child refuses to get ...
(子 can be used for older ones sometimes.)

一切(entirely --> not at all)=全く; 全然 [Thse words are generally used in a negative sentence.]

人と関わる:get involved with people

せず=しない do not

関わろう is correct - not a typo: try to get involved

Examples:
関わる+(し)よう --> 関わろう
食べる+(し)よう --> 食べよう
話す+(し)よう --> 話そう
行く+(し)よう --> 行こう
見る+(し)よう --> 見よう
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I'll be out of town in a few hours, so this is all I can post for now.

子は、一切人と関わろうとせず
The child is not willing to get involved with people/others.
The child refuses to get ...
(子 can be used for older ones sometimes.)

一切(entirely --> not at all)=全く; 全然 [Thse words are generally used in a negative sentence.]

人と関わる:get involved with people

せず=しない do not

関わろう is correct - not a typo: try to get involved

Examples:
関わる+(し)よう --> 関わろう
食べる+(し)よう --> 食べよう
話す+(し)よう --> 話そう
行く+(し)よう --> 行こう
見る+(し)よう --> 見よう
I understand... Now I can understand how each word contributes to the phrase. Only two more questions.

"せず=しない do not" - Jisho says that せず is an inflection of する that means "without doing verb", in a sense it is the same as "do not verb", it was what you meant?

"食べる+(し)よう --> 食べよう" - This inflection always has this meaning?
For example: 毎日は、(私は)米を食べよう。 (I try to eat rice everyday.) is correct?

Who am I to say that they make a typo? I never heard of this inflection, I have to reinforce my grammar. :lmao

Take your time to answer. :)

PS: One thing I noticed now is that the second と remains a mystery to me.
This one is "with": 人と関わる 
But how about this one? とせず

Thanks for the answer!
 
Last edited:

valfranx

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Aug 10, 2014
Messages
34
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
Antarctica
What does this say?
 

mikkih

Translator/Moderator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2010
Messages
1,710
Reaction score
1,371
Gender
Female
Country
United States
@Leoat12
"せず=しない do not" - Jisho says that せず is an inflection of する that means "without doing verb", in a sense it is the same as "do not verb", it was what you meant?
~せず:do not ~
せ (do) is the mizen-kei form of する
ず (not) - smilar to ぬ and ない

~(せ)ずに: without ~ (に may get dropped sometimes.)
食べずに、登校した。 I went to school without eating.
宿題をせず(に)、登校した。I went to school without doing my homework.

"食べる+(し)よう --> 食べよう" - This inflection always has this meaning?
For example: 毎日は、(私は)米を食べよう。 (I try to eat rice everyday.) is correct?
I'm not sure if I understand you, but the main part of your sentence is fine. Just get rid of は and (私は). To make it clear that "I" is the subject, add something like と考えている for example at the end.

PS: One thing I noticed now is that the second と remains a mystery to me.
This one is "with": 人と関わる 
But how about this one? とせず
う and よう that show one's will are generally followed by と unless they are used at the end of the sentence.

~う(とする): try to ~
eg
行こう。 vs 行こうとする。
しよう。 vs しようとする。

せず(do not) - When せず is used at the end of a (written) sentence, it sounds stiff and old, but せずに would sound just formal.
~しようとせず do not try to ~
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
@Leoat12
~せず:do not ~
せ (do) is the mizen-kei form of する
ず (not) - smilar to ぬ and ない

~(せ)ずに: without ~ (に may get dropped sometimes.)
食べずに、登校した。 I went to school without eating.
宿題をせず(に)、登校した。I went to school without doing my homework.

I'm not sure if I understand you, but the main part of your sentence is fine. Just get rid of は and (私は). To make it clear that "I" is the subject, add something like と考えている for example at the end.

う and よう that show one's will are generally followed by と unless they are used at the end of the sentence.

~う(とする): try to ~
eg
行こう。 vs 行こうとする。
しよう。 vs しようとする。

せず(do not) - When せず is used at the end of a (written) sentence, it sounds stiff and old, but せずに would sound just formal.
~しようとせず do not try to ~
Thank! I think I understood most of the explanations. I should be fine after some study and practice to stick it into my mind. :)
 

animalia

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Feb 13, 2007
Messages
60
Reaction score
2
Age
40
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
One again
@animalia

ざざーん(zazaan) / .....ざざざざばべーん(.....zazazazababeen) [e - e in egg]

These sound effects (sfx) don't make sense alone without context. Try online resource such as JADED, and look under ざ(za) [link] for zaza/zazaan part at least to see if any of the listings would fit. The babeen part maybe more difficult to find out, but it can be equivalent to BAM.
I will reupload them as pages ok?

http://postimg.org/image/tseva2z43/

&

http://postimg.org/image/4eqa6qmv7/

Does that help?
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I promise it is the last one, at least for some time. XD

今4時間目が終わりを告げようとしている。
Could be a good translation for this something like those phrases?
"The end of the 4th period is going to be announced now." or "The end of the 4th period is being announced now."

Also, 告げよう is in the same inflection as 関わろう in the last phrase, apparently, but this time it is not related to "try to", it seems. The fact that this time it is an affirmative phrase changes the meaning of the inflection?

Thanks once again! :)
 

mikkih

Translator/Moderator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2010
Messages
1,710
Reaction score
1,371
Gender
Female
Country
United States
I promise it is the last one, at least for some time. XD

今4時間目が終わりを告げようとしている。
Could be a good translation for this something like those phrases?
"The end of the 4th period is going to be announced now." or "The end of the 4th period is being announced now."

Also, 告げよう is in the same inflection as 関わろう in the last phrase, apparently, but this time it is not related to "try to", it seems. The fact that this time it is an affirmative phrase changes the meaning of the inflection?

Thanks once again! :)
Your first one is fine. Alt translation: The 4th period is about to end. The "4th period" is not a person, so translation needs be adjusted. It should still be the same volitional-form.

---------- Post added at 10:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:48 PM ----------

@animalia
I generally do not view files uploaded/hosted outside of MH. Hope other members could help you with it.

---------- Post added at 11:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 PM ----------

Just a quick question.. I was interested in reading the manga "Limit" by Keiko Suenobu, I looked at wikipedia and supposedly the manga had sold 10,000,000 copies which is like a lot, especially considering how volumes 5 and 6 had sold around 30,000 copies.. (It said in the same wikipedia article) so something didn't seem right..
Anyway wikipedia links the 10,000,000 copies sold remark to the official "Limit" website.
http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/limit/introduction/

I think the actual text is this:

" すえのぶけいこ『リミット』
(講談社「別冊フレンド」刊)

累計部数1000万部を越えドラマ化もされた大ヒット作
『ライフ』のすえのぶけいこが描く衝撃作!"

I googled translated and gave me this:
Keiko Suenobu " limit "
( Kodansha " Bessatsu Friend " published )

Blockbuster that drama also has been beyond the total number of copies 10 million parts
Keiko Suenobu draws shock work of " life " !

Is this correct?
The only thing to correct would be the last line. "LIFE" is another work by Keiko S. Instead of Keiko Suenobu draws... it should be Keiko Suenobu, the creater of LIFE, draws...

I'm you know.. A little skeptic about this information, I mean the manga had sold 30,000 volumes when it was released... And it somehow sold 10,000,000 copies? It being 6 volumes, that would mean each volume sold an average of 1,600,000 copies.
The official site you mentioned said 10,000,000. I just go with it.
 

Utsune

風立ちぬ いざ生きめやも
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 12, 2012
Messages
2,922
Reaction score
2,560
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Hi, the immediate sentences after the sound effects explain that these are the sounds of waves.
Specifically:

(1) ―ざざーん― (zazaaan)
波の音が遠く響く。 (The sounds of waves echo from afar.)

(2) ・・・・・・ざざざざばべーん・・・・・・ (......zazazazababeeen......)
波の音が空しく響く。 (The sounds of waves echo emptily.)

(*Not necessarily an 'echo,' I just don't want to repeat the word 'sound.')




What does this say?
A-ah screw it...!! You're a hopeless bunch...!!
The Kaioushinkai [TN: I believe the English version is called Sacred World of the Kais?] won't be destroyed so easily so give it your all!!
 
Last edited:

valfranx

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Aug 10, 2014
Messages
34
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
Antarctica
Hi, the immediate sentences after the sound effects explain that these are the sounds of waves.
Specifically:

(1) ―ざざーん― (zazaaan)
波の音が遠く響く。 (The sounds of waves echo from afar.)

(2) ・・・・・・ざざざざばべーん・・・・・・ (......zazazazababeeen......)
波の音が空しく響く。 (The sounds of waves echo emptily.)

(*Not necessarily an 'echo,' I just don't want to repeat the word 'sound.')






A-ah screw it...!! You're a hopeless bunch...!!
The Kaioushinkai [TN: I believe the English version is called Sacred World of the Kais?] won't be destroyed so easily so give it your all!!
yes The Kaioshin Realm (界王神界, Kaioshinkai; FUNimation "Sacred World of the Kais"; Literally meaning "World King God Realm")

Anyways thanks.
 
Last edited:

animalia

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Feb 13, 2007
Messages
60
Reaction score
2
Age
40
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
I need the sfx from here translated
 
Top