Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2014] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil

justanotherone

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 11, 2014
Messages
315
Reaction score
101
Gender
Female
Country
Italy
I think that it will be after volume 17 OVA, when after this I don't know.
But that OVA is about the public bath chapter and Haru is here IIRC, so it would be strange seeing her before her debut in the regular anime. It is also true that OVAs with manga vols are for people that already know all played out but still...
 
Last edited:

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
But that OVA is about the public bath chapter and Haru is here IIRC, so it would be strange seeing her before her debut in the regular anime. It is also true that OVAs with manga vols are for people that already know all played out but still...
You just answered your own argument. :lmao
Nobody would buy volume 17 (even more the expensive special edition bundled with the OVA) without buying the last 16 volumes. XD
 

justanotherone

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 11, 2014
Messages
315
Reaction score
101
Gender
Female
Country
Italy
You just answered your own argument. :lmao
Nobody would buy volume 17 (even more the expensive special edition bundled with the OVA) without buying the last 16 volumes. XD
Yes I figured that much, sometimes I care too much about little details :p

I guess you could buy the special edition and wait till the the second season airs before watching the OVA, if one is interested only in the anime. But it wouldn't make much sense to have only the vol 17 without being able to read it because you are not catch up with the story XD
 
Last edited:

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,071
Reaction score
6,930
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I think people do buy certain volumes. I dont think its safe to assume everyone buying has the previous volumes too.
 

justanotherone

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 11, 2014
Messages
315
Reaction score
101
Gender
Female
Country
Italy
I think people do buy certain volumes. I dont think its safe to assume everyone buying has the previous volumes too.
That could work for people that already read all the chapters in the magazines or for someone that liked the anime so much and doesn't care to spend money because that OVA will be worth it. It could happen but I think these (manly the second one) are rare cases.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
As if there is something in this world that is 100% sure (besides Math XD).
If we discussed the exceptions here, we would discuss it forever. The fact is that the producers and publishers don't think in that half-dozen of people that would think strange a new character appear out of nowhere because they are buying an advanced volume before the previous ones.

I could be put in one of exception cases since I was thinking of buying it becuase of the gifts and the OVA (obviously), but my case is rare rare rare.

---------- Post added at 11:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:03 PM ----------

Someone said Haru? :derp
April 2015.... It will be known as the best season ever. :zomg

[tweet]https://twitter.com/nisekoi_k/status/546478613885759488[/tweet]
 
Last edited:

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,071
Reaction score
6,930
Gender
Male
Country
United States
and including as well World Trigger and Dragon Ball Kai: Bu Saga!

Also what if Haikyuu!! Season 2 ends up being a spring anime as well?
darn nisekoi and jjba. So many jump series in spring.
 

Bigivelfhq

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 22, 2013
Messages
846
Reaction score
501
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
So in the spring we have this Jump titles:
- One Piece
- Naruto
- Dragon Ball Kai: Bu Saga
- Kuroko no Basuke
- World Trigger
- Assassination Classroom
- Food Wars: Shokugeki no Soma
- Nisekoi
- Jojo Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders
- Yu-Gi-Oh Arc V
- Seraph of the End
- Kekkai Sensen

12 shows, and of those 8 are from Weekly Shonen Jump! It will be an awesome Season for Jump titles. Can't wait XD
Is possible that Naruto and Yu-Gi-Oh Arc V will not be airing at that time.


Studios
3 titles
Toei: One Piece, World Trigger, Dragon Ball Kai: Bu Saga

1 title
Studio Pierrot: Naruto
Production I.G: Kuroko no Basuke
Wit Studio: Seraph of the End
Lerche: Assassination Classroom
J.C. Staff: Food Wars: Shokugeki no Soma
Shaft: Nisekoi
David Production: JJBA
Studio Gallop: Yu-Gi-Oh Arc V
Bones: Kekkai Sensen
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I'm going to watch Nisekoi, Seraph of the end, Assassination Classroom, Jojo, Shokugeki and Kekkai Sensen, besides One Piece that I already watch. It will be a busy season, my list is already complete. :lmao
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,071
Reaction score
6,930
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I'm going to watch Nisekoi, Seraph of the end, Assassination Classroom, Jojo, Shokugeki and Kekkai Sensen, besides One Piece that I already watch. It will be a busy season, my list is already complete. :lmao
seven is a busy season? I miss those days, Im usually at >30 anime per season.
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,071
Reaction score
6,930
Gender
Male
Country
United States

Bigivelfhq

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 22, 2013
Messages
846
Reaction score
501
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Now we just need One Punch Man animated by Sunrise, Hero Academia animated by Satelight and it would be Jump's best year ever.
Hero Academia would be to early, it doesn't even has 50 chapters. One Punch Man is a possibility.
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,071
Reaction score
6,930
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Jump is going all out, gintama even. Might as well get bleach anime continuation too...
 

Bigivelfhq

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 22, 2013
Messages
846
Reaction score
501
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
What the hell is happening here O_O!!!

This makes 14 titles of Jump in Spring and 9 being of Weekly Shonen Jump!
 
Last edited:

vinceled

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 2, 2012
Messages
1,185
Reaction score
992
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
France
Gintama get 4th anime. Start in april.
Well then I guess Sorachi was trolling really hard when he said that (after the image). Awesome news anyway, I'm still not caught up but still, awesome news.
 

kewl0210

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2006
Messages
1,390
Reaction score
1,902
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I'm pretty surprised they're making a new Gintama anime given the fact that sales have been going down continuously since the last one started. But happy nonetheless. I guess it's largely due to the movie doing well. And maybe the Blu-Ray boxes and that sorta thing.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top