Discussion Mafia Game "Discussion" Thread v.10

Upcoming Themes Voting


  • Total voters
    37
Status
Not open for further replies.

benelori

The Hero MH Deserves
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2009
Messages
14,233
Reaction score
10,775
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Romania
Haku's rap theme would be hilarious :D
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Give me your honest opinion, would you let me host again? Of course the game is still on and I still could screw up big time, and my hosting rights were kinda a huge priviledge. But I have really liked this, it has been a lot of fun.

Though if I get to host again someday, I might limit the player count a little, since this many is a still bit har for me to handle.
Yeah sure. I mean, who gets to host depends on who will sign up. We've never been strict about who gets to and who doesn't, despite some attempts.

But I guess you still have some time left to fuck up so bad that we never want you again! :4head
 

digitaldude

MH's Funniest Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 5, 2009
Messages
4,776
Reaction score
11,672
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
Yeah sure. I mean, who gets to host depends on who will sign up. We've never been strict about who gets to and who doesn't, despite some attempts.

But I guess you still have some time left to fuck up so bad that we never want you again! :4head
Remember his last game as player? yep..
 

James Rye

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2014
Messages
2,019
Reaction score
6,506
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Well, this is only my first mafia game here, but I think it is going fine so far, isn't it? I might have liked a bit bigger written day/night results, but that's no real biggie.^^

Still, I think maybe having told the new players some stuff like that there are no block confirmation pms and such would have been a bit more helpful. At least for me to figure out how this game works. :/
 

benelori

The Hero MH Deserves
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2009
Messages
14,233
Reaction score
10,775
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Romania
No mistakes made(so far) and I like the flavour text a lot. only critique I have is you rarely count the votes, good thing magi is co host.
OP could be updated with links to day end and starts though :nod

---------- Post added at 12:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:36 AM ----------

Well, this is only my first mafia game here, but I think it is going fine so far, isn't it? I might have liked a bit bigger written day/night results, but that's no real biggie.^^

Still, I think maybe having told the new players some stuff like that there are no block confirmation pms and such would have been a bit more helpful. At least for me to figure out how this game works. :/
Don't worry...mistakes like that might get you killed...but that's how a man learns :3c
 

Riku

Dirty Blonde
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Nov 24, 2007
Messages
3,735
Reaction score
17,766
Country
Torumekian Empire
No mistakes made(so far) and I like the flavour text a lot. only critique I have is you rarely count the votes, good thing magi is co host.
Yeah. he is a lifesaver. Urgent business came up, so I have been on the move a lot, instead of camping at home curtains closed like I had initially planned. So next time I must make sure I have the time. But from tomorrow onwards I should be able to hang online more, doing the counts. :nod Also, glad to see someone likes the texts.

Thanks for the kind words. Seems like I'll get to host sometime again.
 

Hakuteiken

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 20, 2012
Messages
19,995
Reaction score
6,627
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Casterly Rock
Haku's rap theme would be hilarious :D
Well, it would be fun to "roleplay" for once, that's what made me think it'd work, rofl :XD
 

Riku

Dirty Blonde
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Nov 24, 2007
Messages
3,735
Reaction score
17,766
Country
Torumekian Empire
I actually thought I would like a lot to host a smaller game, which is very role play oriented. Meaning, if you don't want to roleplay, don't sign-up. With custom written characters for every player.
 

Nuno

Retired Douchemin
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
27,800
Reaction score
18,554
Gender
Hidden
Country
Norway
This is more of a general critique, but hosts should really make sure they got the proper time. Too many times have the hosts needed help lately. It usually works out fine, and I don't really mind when I'm the one helping as I like co-hosting and would likely want to try solo hosting sometime, but it's not good considering you never know how people's availability is.

Also to just address niichan's topic. I know she's extremely nice as a person, but I agree it's rather annoying when you don't bother contributing at all. If you don't bother to give hints when the town is actively trying to make sense of what is going on, then you can only blame yourself if you die. It's as simple as that. How this turned into a "you're so mean!" finger pointing debate is quite silly to me.

---------- Post added at 11:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:46 PM ----------

She was '-'
Tried to tell you guys u.u
Yeah and you also wouldn't have killed Demon, stfu!

Let's quit this anyway. Happy night you guys.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Nii

digitaldude

MH's Funniest Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 5, 2009
Messages
4,776
Reaction score
11,672
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
This is more of a general critique, but hosts should really make sure they got the proper time. Too many times have the hosts needed help lately. It usually works out fine, and I don't really mind when I'm the one helping as I like co-hosting and would likely want to try solo hosting sometime, but it's not good considering you never know how people's availability is.

Also to just address niichan's topic. I know she's extremely nice as a person, but I agree it's rather annoying when you don't bother contributing at all. If you don't bother to give hints when the town is actively trying to make sense of what is going on, then you can only blame yourself if you die. It's as simple as that. How this turned into a "you're so mean!" finger pointing debate is quite silly to me.
I never took 4 co host like evil.
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,678
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
Give me your honest opinion, would you let me host again? Of course the game is still on and I still could screw up big time, and my hosting rights were kinda a huge priviledge. But I have really liked this, it has been a lot of fun.

Though if I get to host again someday, I might limit the player count a little, since this many is a still bit har for me to handle.
I totally would, personally!
 

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 20, 2012
Messages
6,522
Reaction score
61,102
Gender
Female
Country
The Wall
Nooo a I've asked last time for a Gintama, that could be awesome (or Hxh). :zomg

Ust said:
Don't be mean to ProGoddess. She never meant any harm. What I gather is that she is very cool and nice.
Yes, a very sweet & sensitive person. Anyway that's just a game, everyone plays his own way, that may be boring within the game, but it shouldn't have any disproportionate consequences outside the game. And also we shouldnt sideline or talk people out of taking part of it, but instead, maybe think a way to prepare newbies.
She was not the only one supposedly "not caring", everyone has his own concept of "involvement", everybody, has not necessary the same amount of time dedicated to it. Pliz, guys, don't be so harsh, that's unecessary and that may be hurtful.
 

Hakuteiken

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 20, 2012
Messages
19,995
Reaction score
6,627
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Casterly Rock
I actually thought I would like a lot to host a smaller game, which is very role play oriented. Meaning, if you don't want to roleplay, don't sign-up. With custom written characters for every player.
Oh, custom written? Who would be script writing?
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Yeah sorry, I don't get the kdowns comparison at all. The guy played a ton of games here and elsewhere and was deliberately choosing to be noncontributive or just not showing up. Constantly complaining about early roleclaims, etc. And this was happening every time he signed up. The freaking hall of shame and game bans exist because of him.

But ProGoddess is still somewhat new to the game and was probably playing how she thought was best. I think us veterans could see how it wasn't being helpful at that time, but somewhat understandable that a newer player might get confused or not know when to hold their cards and when to spill them, so to speak.

The activity aspect of it is another thing, but shit happens.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top