LOL! Are you talking of the western community or Japan? Because for your information you're not in a "darker age" than 15 years ago.
Are you comparing Terra Formars series censorship with Toriko? Really?
I'm talking as a whole, because some of the old anime are extremely popular outside Japan too. You seems knowledgeable about ages, tell me the time period for different ages? When the darker age began? What other ages are there? And I wasn't talking just for censorship in the bolded sentence, I meant Toriko anime as a whole. 15 years ago it was much more easy to accept such quality of the animation than now, less things to compare it with, less choices, less access to the internet for information, less "watch" access, etc. Or I guess nothing have changed in the past 15 years and we live in the exactly the same age?
I didn't meant darker ages or something. I mean the age in which we live. You say that western thinks more dark is popular, then if Toriko was made like that, it would had more impact on western audience, meaning it lost popularity. You said that Nanatsu and OP are children friendly, I wanted to point you out that Toriko is much more children friendly than those 2. It doesn't necessary means it must be much darker and gory, but if it was on the same children friendly level as OP and NnT (and not between Pokemon and OP level), it would have been received much better. When you make something that looks for children only, mostly children will watch it. But when you make it little bit more mature like (NnT and OP), more people from different ages will watch it.
No. I'm not comparing it, I am giving an example of how Japanese community reacted to censorship.