Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2015] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
It was announced before when it was ending that there was going to be a mini series in the Spring about Boruto from one of Kishi assistants. I'm not sure what the confusion is....
I don't know either...
And really, I think I never said it here, but this name, Boruto, reminds me that many parodies people did of Naruto. Kishimoto should have been a bit more creative. Well, it was the final chapter, he was not giving a shit anymore... :lmao
 
Last edited:

RafaFedKilla

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2013
Messages
1,727
Reaction score
464
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I don't know either...
And really, I think I never said it here, but this name, Boruto, reminds me that many parodies people did of Naruto. Kishimoto should have been a bit more creative. Well, it was the final chapter, he was not giving a shit anymore... :lmao
Yeah, I mean Manganewsjapon, Animenewsnetwoek all reported the same thing independently. It's like people are looking for debate. :)
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Yeah, I mean Manganewsjapon, Animenewsnetwoek all reported the same thing independently. It's like people are looking for debate. :)
People ARE looking for debate... I post a poll about the magazines without any malice, just because I found interesting and it was enough to make a PhD thesis about how it is wrong. I stopped. Now it is really true.
 

Bigivelfhq

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 22, 2013
Messages
846
Reaction score
501
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
People ARE looking for debate... I post a poll about the magazines without any malice, just because I found interesting and it was enough to make a PhD thesis about how it is wrong. I stopped. Now it is really true.
If you had read your so called "PhD thesis" you would know that the "how it is wrong" was only the first paragraph. The rest was saying that yes, Weekly Shonen Jump is obviously the most influential Manga Magazine!

Also it doesn't matter if you post with our without malice a certain information, other people can call it off for its reliability. And that poll reliability isn't up to debate, 100 people isn't in any way or form a representation of Japan population, 127 Million, or even the Japanese manga readers, Weekly Shonen Jump alone prints 2.6 Million copies per week.

I don't know how many votes 1 person could make in Soul Catcher(S) poll, but even if each person voted 100 times there were 350 people voting. 3.5 times more than that "Japan Most Influential Manga Magazine"!
 

meeedoooz

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 7, 2009
Messages
624
Reaction score
310
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Egypt
Kishimoto should have been a bit more creative. Well, it was the final chapter, he was not giving a shit anymore... :lmao
really wish you start these sentences with " i think " or "imo" . imo the final chapter was amazing :D

anywho, what chapter was it for toriko that got ranked this week ?
 

WyldViolet

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 25, 2012
Messages
4,108
Reaction score
5,856
Age
33
Country
United States
really wish you start these sentences with " i think " or "imo" . imo the final chapter was amazing :D

anywho, what chapter was it for toriko that got ranked this week ?
I don't understand sentiments like this.
I know a lot of people here like to act like quality is wholly subjective, but I find that to be a ridiculous opinion.
If quality was entirely subjective, then that leaves room for movies like The Room or artists like The Shaggs to be seen as "good" when in literally all technical aspects the projects are entirely devoid of quality.
Art is only subjective to a certain degree, there are universal criteria and guidelines for critiquing art, which makes it a partially objectively critiqueable medium.
Naruto has also never been good, but it was only mediocre for part 1 before it fell off the deep end. Nostalgia goggles seem to blind others perceptions of its actual quality.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I was only talking about "Boruto" name, not the entire chapter. As I said, people look for debate without any reason, even reaching the point to cut half of my post to find something to argue... However, I agree with the post above.
 

meeedoooz

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 7, 2009
Messages
624
Reaction score
310
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Egypt
I don't understand sentiments like this.
I know a lot of people here like to act like quality is wholly subjective, but I find that to be a ridiculous opinion.
If quality was entirely subjective, then that leaves room for movies like The Room or artists like The Shaggs to be seen as "good" when in literally all technical aspects the projects are entirely devoid of quality.
Art is only subjective to a certain degree, there are universal criteria and guidelines for critiquing art, which makes it a partially objectively critiqueable medium.
Naruto has also never been good, but it was only mediocre for part 1 before it fell off the deep end. Nostalgia goggles seem to blind others perceptions of its actual quality.
for the first part, you can think whatever you want to :D as for the second part thank you for critiquing Naruto based on the " universal criteria and guidelines ". it's always nice to see an expert using his amazing gifts.

i won't get in the " art is subjective debate for the 100th time. think what you want but please when " and if ever " you critique a series objectively say reasons or give a link to a post where you do so in the right thread. though i don't think " kishi didn't give a shit anymore " qualifies as " using universal criteria and guidelines in critiquing art "

I was only talking about "Boruto" name, not the entire chapter. As I said, people look for debate without any reason, even reaching the point to cut half of my post to find something to argue... However, I agree with the post above.
i wasn't talking about the boruto part. but rather the " he was not giving a shit anymore. " hence my response
 
Last edited:

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
i wasn't talking about the boruto part. but rather the " he was not giving a shit anymore. " hence my response
He was not giving a shit to think about a name full of meanings since it was ending anyway. Interpretation of text would avoid this discussion.
And it is obvious that it is my opinion, I didn't go there in Japan to ask Kishimoto if he cared or not.
 

meeedoooz

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 7, 2009
Messages
624
Reaction score
310
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Egypt
He was not giving a shit to think about a name full of meanings since it was ending anyway. Interpretation of text would avoid this discussion.
And it is obvious that it is my opinion, I didn't go there in Japan to ask Kishimoto if he cared or not.
thank you kind sir. i just wanted to see that since A LOT of people try to pass their opinions as " objective critiquing ". i don't really know how bolt's name is sounded in japanese or if the way it sounds has any special meaning nor that it should have a very special meaning. so i guess i understand that you may think kishi should have put more thought into it and named him " minatobihashirobito " or something.
 
Last edited:

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,224
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Well objectivity or subjectivity isn't really the problem, the problem is people making their opinion some kind of given truth. What's objective for me might not be objective for others, something I consider subjective might be objective for others. Heck objectivity in itself is subjective to some extent, because we all grow up with different values and beliefs. People using the argument of objectivity tend to make me cringe, even more so if they act all high and mighty, like their opinion is worth more than 100 of people's thoughts combined. Everyone is free to make a joke, or to criticize a certain series, but if someone is acting like he's sitting on a throne enlightening the dumb masses it gets incredibly annoying, and I fear that's exactly what's been going on here way too many times by now. So called "experts" should try to understand that their opinion isn't flawless either, just because they might possibly know a few more things than others.

In my opinion this thread has turned into a constant fighting of the people who know it all and get out their "smart" opinions every time someone dares to make a judgement they can't agree with. People can voice their opinion, it's no reason to trash them, or to make fun of them all the time. It's making this place a lot less fun if members start getting into heated arguments each week while throwing the "universal truth" at each other, so I hope we all can relax a bit and start being less sensitive to everything we don't like.
 

Bigivelfhq

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 22, 2013
Messages
846
Reaction score
501
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
He was not giving a shit to think about a name full of meanings since it was ending anyway. Interpretation of text would avoid this discussion.
And it is obvious that it is my opinion, I didn't go there in Japan to ask Kishimoto if he cared or not.
But Boruto is full of meaning! Is name is Neji, but in English.

Neji = Screw = Bolt = Boruto!

His name is an homage to Neji.
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,079
Reaction score
6,938
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Haikyuus color page was fantastic this week. I hope we get even more as we go through the Shiratorizawa battle.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I'm looking forward to seeing Shokugeki no Soma poster next week... I hope that the authors don't disappoint me. :hurr
Sure, it has to be something that can be put on the wall. :p
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,079
Reaction score
6,938
Gender
Male
Country
United States

Looks fantastic another adaptation that is bound to be added to the best of jump list for me.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

RafaFedKilla

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2013
Messages
1,727
Reaction score
464
Gender
Male
Country
United States
So I guess we'll find out what Jump start series got picked up by whatever is in the mag tomorrow? Way to go. Lol
 

Pietro

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 20, 2012
Messages
2,405
Reaction score
818
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Do you know about how much sold Pochi kuro's first volume?
 

Lehran

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
362
Reaction score
493
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Do you know about how much sold Pochi kuro's first volume?
According to shosekiranking, it sold around 3000 copies in the first week.

Well, unless some miracle happens or Jump+ methods are totally different from WSJ's, it's not long for this world.
 

RafaFedKilla

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2013
Messages
1,727
Reaction score
464
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I'm probably mistaken, but I think only lets Haikyuu and Kiss x Death charted on Oricon 50 fom Jump Plus.
 

Bigivelfhq

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 22, 2013
Messages
846
Reaction score
501
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top