Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2015] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

piau9000

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 23, 2015
Messages
242
Reaction score
80
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Does anyone knows how much Toriko sell?
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,079
Reaction score
6,938
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Bleach should be ending this summer. They are actually at the palace now and yhwachs plan is in place as of last week. Hes inyroduced every previous class of antagonist in this battle too, so there's not much ground to cover.
 

Xzone

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 2, 2014
Messages
888
Reaction score
698
Gender
Male
Country
Isle of Man
15 chapter of bleach = 1 chapter for a normal manga
So , no if it will finish soon, it will be end in december 2015 or january 2016.
Some people still don't know Tite style...
 

conankudo

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 5, 2013
Messages
456
Reaction score
389
Gender
Male
Country
Marine Headquarters
ABout Toriko: Most of you do not take into account, that every 5 years the readership of Weekly Shonen Jump changes. Oda stated that more than once. It should be obvious that Toriko is loosing readers over time: Currently no anime and no Fujoshi fanbase and it is not popular with the female readership.

By the way I m still wondering why people write "Boku no Hero Academia" when the author is clearly writing in latin letters "My Hero Academia" on the title page of every chapter
 

101nemesis

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 16, 2012
Messages
3,086
Reaction score
7,183
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
India
Bleach should be ending this summer. They are actually at the palace now and yhwachs plan is in place as of last week. Hes inyroduced every previous class of antagonist in this battle too, so there's not much ground to cover.
I'm almost sure we'd get a flashback arc sometime soon. Also, the layout of this final battlefield is so huge. Before today's chapter, I'd have said maybe 40-50 chapters. Now, seeing the size of the battlefield, I feel its gonna be longer.
 

piau9000

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 23, 2015
Messages
242
Reaction score
80
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
15 chapter of bleach = 1 chapter for a normal manga
So , no if it will finish soon, it will be end in december 2015 or january 2016.
Some people still don't know Tite style...
Nah...
I bet in late 2016 / early 2017.
The only thing that we know is that the manga is in it's last arc.
But given the state of the story today, and the pace that Kubo works, early 2016 is not enough time to end it.
 

RafaFedKilla

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2013
Messages
1,727
Reaction score
464
Gender
Male
Country
United States
ABout Toriko: Most of you do not take into account, that every 5 years the readership of Weekly Shonen Jump changes. Oda stated that more than once. It should be obvious that Toriko is loosing readers over time: Currently no anime and no Fujoshi fanbase and it is not popular with the female readership.

By the way I m still wondering why people write "Boku no Hero Academia" when the author is clearly writing in latin letters "My Hero Academia" on the title page of every chapter
Yep. It really irks me. Especially since it's an easy, easy translation.
 

Eru13

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 19, 2011
Messages
829
Reaction score
1,149
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Mexico
ABout Toriko: Most of you do not take into account, that every 5 years the readership of Weekly Shonen Jump changes. Oda stated that more than once. It should be obvious that Toriko is loosing readers over time: Currently no anime and no Fujoshi fanbase and it is not popular with the female readership.

By the way I m still wondering why people write "Boku no Hero Academia" when the author is clearly writing in latin letters "My Hero Academia" on the title page of every chapter
Maybe because it's clearly written in Japanese "Boku no Hero Academia"?
Tbh, I just prefer to go with the official Japanese name for every anime/manga/LN and I guess the people who call HeroAca like that too prefer that too
 

De La Croissant

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
804
Reaction score
668
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
Does anyone knows how much Toriko sell?
300k, I guess.

Btw, if Bleach still had an anime, don't you think that sales would be higher? I wonder, why they don't invest in it now if, in the future, they probably will make an OVA for the final saga?
 

susanoo13

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 29, 2010
Messages
1,270
Reaction score
483
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Israel
After seeing Kagamigami in such a position it scares me that it might end in 2 rounds of cancellation, I believe the closest round will be UBS, Naruto gaiden and although not likely, Lady Justice. This is the lowest positio I've ever seen for a 3rd chapter, unless it got a serious amount of hatemail I don't see a reason to put a series in such a position on one of the 3 first chapters which are supposed to be the entrance to the series.

Black clover was expected to have a higher rank in this chapter(finishing off a villain)yet a first place is amazing. I hope this will give the author the basis he needs to build a rich world to expand upon in future arcs.
 
Last edited:

piau9000

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 23, 2015
Messages
242
Reaction score
80
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
My problem with the ranking is that there's too few series in WSJ.
Throw in the mix the fact that some series will never be canceled and then you'll have 3 or 4 spaces for new series.

I really hope that Assassination Classroom, Gintama, Bleach, Nisekoi and Naruto does indeed end soon.
This way there'll be more room to "breath".
 

susanoo13

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 29, 2010
Messages
1,270
Reaction score
483
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Israel
I see what you mean. AC just finished one of the most important milestones in the series. Gintama looks like it's on the last battle or one before it, which is more probable in my opinion. Nisekoi can end with 20 volumes, somewhere about where Medaka box ended and it will be great, ~20 more chapters to go. Naruto was said in the beginning to be a short series which would last 10 chapters so I wouldn't count it as a spaceholder quite yet. Bleach, now here is a much more serious deal, it does progress yet I can't tell what stage the plot is at. it could be potentially 2 years. the stage is set much like it was at chapter 314 and some thought Aizen would be done with until chapter 350 and then it ended at chapter 430...Aside for that, does anyone know if Saiki has somewhat of a plot and how much we're into it right now?
 

piau9000

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 23, 2015
Messages
242
Reaction score
80
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Yep.

AC set a goal. Unless they decide to continue it with some other stuff (would be blasphemous) it's pretty close to end.

Gintama - The mangaka said that it is entering the final stretch and that he's doing the preparations to the end.

Nisekoi - Due to some recent events it's pretty safe to asume that it's ending (I would say this year).

Bleach - It's in the final arc. But Kubo is Kubo. This can pretty much last 2 more years... XD

Naruto Gaiden - I have a feeling that this will gonna extend more than it should. It's giving me a DBZ vibe and it's not a good thing.




Just a quick note. I don't deslike these series.
I just think that they are at the perfect point to end.
Forcing then to continue would not be a good thing.
 

susanoo13

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 29, 2010
Messages
1,270
Reaction score
483
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Israel
I think making Naruto Gaiden a DBZ would be overkill. We had a villain who can destroy the world, Naruto has mastered the Kyuubi, Akatsuki which are some of the stronger in the Narutoverse are down to almost fodders for 3 different characters, I don't see anyone posing a threat for Naruto and Sasuke, not to mention Boruto as a new hero - I can't see him defeating a villain unless he's somehow inherited jounin chakra since birth or something.

When I think about it now...If the gaiden is transferred to Jump+ or SQ this could really bring new readership there and all series will get a bigger exposure and we will have a free space on WSJ
 

CallMeTsuyu

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 1, 2015
Messages
159
Reaction score
203
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Yep.

AC set a goal. Unless they decide to continue it with some other stuff (would be blasphemous) it's pretty close to end.

Gintama - The mangaka said that it is entering the final stretch and that he's doing the preparations to the end.

Nisekoi - Due to some recent events it's pretty safe to asume that it's ending (I would say this year).

Bleach - It's in the final arc. But Kubo is Kubo. This can pretty much last 2 more years... XD

Naruto Gaiden - I have a feeling that this will gonna extend more than it should. It's giving me a DBZ vibe and it's not a good thing.




Just a quick note. I don't deslike these series.
I just think that they are at the perfect point to end.
Forcing then to continue would not be a good thing.
I got the same feeling about AC, but with recent happenings, it seemed pointedly obvious Matsui is gearing up to finish the series. I wager AC should finish by the end of this year or early 2016.

I've getting the vibe Nisekoi was going to end for a while now, but Komi is so undeniably good at dragging shit out that I have my suspicions. I enjoy Nisekoi to a certain degree, but I have so many gripes about it that it has started to become like Bleach me. I'm almost always begrudgingly reading each chapter from week to week so I can see how thing is going to end; at this point, I feel like I have an inkling of how it will end, but nonetheless, I want to see things through to the end.

Speaking of Bleach, I recall Kubo saying the series was supposed to end this year, but as you've said, with his pacing, I see things extending well into next year :lmao I was wondering though, with it being so low in the rankings at present, would they still afford Kubo a natural ending to Bleach?

I enjoyed Naruto, but I'm hoping this isn't the case. The way Kishimoto made it sound, after he's finished this miniseries, he'd be moving onto something completely separate from Naruto. I wonder if he'll hold to that, seeing as Naruto still holds a fair deal of popularity.
 

Stark700

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 6, 2013
Messages
1,010
Reaction score
814
Gender
Hidden
Country
Winterfell
By the way I m still wondering why people write "Boku no Hero Academia" when the author is clearly writing in latin letters "My Hero Academia" on the title page of every chapter
Maybe because it's clearly written in Japanese "Boku no Hero Academia"?
Tbh, I just prefer to go with the official Japanese name for every anime/manga/LN and I guess the people who call HeroAca like that too prefer that too
Or maybe it's because some people are also elitists.

Oddly enough, you don't really hear people talk about Tokyo Kushu using that Japanese name.
 

DoctorApollo

Artist
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2010
Messages
437
Reaction score
276
Gender
Male
Country
Israel
Btw, if Bleach still had an anime, don't you think that sales would be higher? I wonder, why they don't invest in it now if, in the future, they probably will make an OVA for the final saga?
It's a long-term investment. Bleach has totally incredible fast pacing when read properly (you go through a chapter in less than a minute, there's almost no words, full of huge panels that set the mood), but Bleach's biggest problem is that its epic pacing is fucking terrible for a weekly manga, and even worse for a weekly anime. You need ten chapters at a time to enjoy any kind of plot progression.

If you let good animators take Bleach's final arc and adapt it whilst staying true to its epic mood, you can actually let what's left of Bleach's quality make a good anime.

Adapting it weekly right now is just begging for another failure. Bleach's fight scenes take over the space of something like one second per page, making it like this just ruins the tiny bit of mood it managed to sustain.
 
Last edited:

kewl0210

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2006
Messages
1,390
Reaction score
1,902
Gender
Male
Country
United States
It seriously shouldn't matter which name you want to use. Nobody's an elitist because they use the different 2-3 word name. Especially if it's the actual title of the series that the author gave it. You're elitist if you talk down to people for not doing something and dismiss people as "not real fans" for not doing this or that.

How long's it been since Kubo said "Bleach could last another 10 years for all I know"? Surely he must be coming up on that now.
 

piau9000

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 23, 2015
Messages
242
Reaction score
80
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Speaking of Bleach, I recall Kubo saying the series was supposed to end this year, but as you've said, with his pacing, I see things extending well into next year :lmao I was wondering though, with it being so low in the rankings at present, would they still afford Kubo a natural ending to Bleach?

I enjoyed Naruto, but I'm hoping this isn't the case. The way Kishimoto made it sound, after he's finished this miniseries, he'd be moving onto something completely separate from Naruto. I wonder if he'll hold to that, seeing as Naruto still holds a fair deal of popularity.
I Don't think they will cancel Bleach now. It's so close to end that it would be a major douchebaggery to do it, even for Shueisha standards.
It's like cancelling a marathon just when the guy that is at the first place made to the last curve.

And I would be very happy if Kishimoto do new series.
I'm still waiting for Toriyama new weekly/montly series (even though I know that it's not gonna happen). :sad
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top