All-Purpose Contest Discussion Thread 2007 | Page 11 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

All-Purpose Contest Discussion Thread 2007

Sarada

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Re: All-Purpose Contest Discussion Thread!

WOW very nice Itachi coloring!!

done! come on people! we need more advanced entries! it's not fair for a two entry fight! if no one else posts, we might have to consider moving more entries to the advanced.
Sowy, don't know if I'll make it ... but I'll make the effort :D , I DO wanna finish my colo sometime ....

Baka Taichou

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi

great work master X I love your version of that panel!
T.M I'll try to make something for this week I promise! but I'm currently working on a collab and I must finish that first. BTW .... may I post in the "fan art of the month" a work that's half mine half a friends? (what I mean by that is the collab on which I'm working on ..my friend made the drawing and I'm making the coloring~and of course I'll put a link to her drawing when she posts it on DA)pweeaassee!!!!! cuz it's already late to make something for this month :XD

TechnoMagus

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Antarctica

there has been a precedent for collaborations, dunno if its in the fanart category....you can search for it in the winners thread and past discussions i think.... :headscratch

will help you later if i have the time... :D

Uozumi

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

done! come on people! we need more advanced entries! it's not fair for a two entry fight! if no one else posts, we might have to consider moving more entries to the advanced.
If you're seriously considering moving people, maybe you should look at who made it into the double digits in voting for the Amateur contest? I mean out of like 50 - 70 votes, whoever can make it to 10+ votes should be moved. Because that means they can gain a fifth to a seventh of all vots whereas most people are getting 0 to 2 votes amongst them.

Baka Taichou

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi

ok thank ya T.M!
well if I can't post a collab for the contest then I'll try to make something fast :XD: or post something old ^^;

TechnoMagus

Reaction score
Country
Antarctica

If you're seriously considering moving people, maybe you should look at who made it into the double digits in voting for the Amateur contest? I mean out of like 50 - 70 votes, whoever can make it to 10+ votes should be moved. Because that means they can gain a fifth to a seventh of all vots whereas most people are getting 0 to 2 votes amongst them.
i'm leaning on moving all those who have made it into the top three in the past contests....

you know who you are
.... :smile-big

deftonys

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Finland
Re: Fan Art of the Month (June)

can it be old work... or does it have to be drawn/made specially for this comp...

i'll edit my work in to this post... so this is not a place holder...

[mod=T-Mage]
ATTENTION:
From now on, please don't comment here on anybody's entries.
Please move all discussions OVER HERE TO THIS THREAD. Thanks! - GK
moving this post here.....

that submissions thread is for when you already have an entry to post and having a place holder is generally frowned upon.

entering old entries is fine atm. however it is discouraged to post older works after submitting more recent entries. it is unfair to others and is not an accurate measure of an artist's progress here in the art contests.

for any more questions and discussions, post them in this thread or pm us moderators or any available globals/admins.

anyways we are looking forward for your entry. :)
[/mod]

Last edited by a moderator:

indrid

Reaction score
Country
United States

I have to apologise ahead of time because I'm afraid I might offend mel. Honestly, I mean no offence. But doesn't it seem odd that up against Orthider's beautiful lighting, Stiluz's daunting atmosphere and willitblend's gorgeous sunset mel's entry took the prize? Maybe an unbiased panel of judges would be appropriate. Not in lue of other members but given higher precedence.

I'm probably out of line. It's not as if he won by a landslide. Besides, I forgot to vote on this contest.

@*Mel*
Aside from Naruto's hair and the rocky cliffs in the background on the second frame, you did an excellent job. The rain came out especially nice.

Baka Taichou

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi

OMG! the fan arts this month were all very good ..I'm sad that I didn't make it ..exams are approaching (starting 1st of June) and they'll be here for a whole month so I can't really make anything for the contests ....anyway must praise the participants! they all made great works and funny and exciting and freaky :XD (GO POWER PUFFS :XD)
I really had trouble choosing between v2-6 and amperx :XD they both made great fan aarts
Also moonx's Deidara picture was great! I really enjoyed it!
Great job everybody and good luck to all ^_^!

TechnoMagus

Reaction score
Country
Antarctica

I have to apologise ahead of time because I'm afraid I might offend mel. Honestly, I mean no offence. But doesn't it seem odd that up against Orthider's beautiful lighting, Stiluz's daunting atmosphere and willitblend's gorgeous sunset mel's entry took the prize? Maybe an unbiased panel of judges would be appropriate. Not in lue of other members but given higher precedence.

I'm probably out of line. It's not as if he won by a landslide. Besides, I forgot to vote on this contest.

@*Mel*
Aside from Naruto's hair and the rocky cliffs in the background on the second frame, you did an excellent job. The rain came out especially nice.
see this....
Hm, I was surprised by these results. Really. o_O

There might be something with my eyes, but when I was looking at the entries, there was one that was clearly not on par with others, but lower. And it won.

No offence, okay? ^__^ Most likely it's ME, who has a couple of screws missing...
well this is a "POLL" and not a judging by "professional" jurors.... :notrust
These are the mechanics of the contest... it's a voting by polls (which have been improved, confidentiality wise) and not a professional judging. It would be too high of a maintenance for the latter although it may be used in case of a tie since there was a precedent for that in the past.

There may be instances when enough popular support is gathered whatever the quality of the work. In such cases, the only valid recourse is to encourage other members to participate and vote properly.

However, using dupe accounts to increase vote counts is and always will be dealt with harshly with a permanent ban. Joining up just to vote with minimal participation in the forums is not encouraging and is frowned upon.:( For those, we can only encourage them to try to participate at least here on the art contest discussion thread. :D

We thank you for your continued participation here in the art contests however imperfect it may be. It always the goal of this contest to bring attention to budding artists and recognize the best we have. :)

Last edited:

Baka Taichou

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi

I second that T.M :XD

Uozumi

Reaction score
Country
United States

It might not be dupe accounts, it could be an army of friends, and you can't do anything about that at all really.

amperx

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines

yeah so many friends/fans=votes, but anyways its always good to be a good sport and just enjoy the contest

eni

MH's Socialworker ٩( ᐛ )و ♡
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany

As a general note: Please watch what you're saying. Nobody cheated here.

Even if you disagree with the result, it is still a public poll. As TechnoMagus said, if you want a decision about the quality only, we need to do the voting through a jury. But we decided on a public poll were all members of Mangahelpers can participate which means, that the win sometimes is more through popularity.

It is true that there were some members with 0 or 1 posts voting this time but there is very less we can do about it except to set up a post count minimum for the polls. But that would probably lead into spam, so it's not an ultimative solution either.

So, please. Let's just enjoy the contest and see how it goes from now.

Last edited:

miranu

Artist
Reaction score
Country
Hungary

Well I guess I'll post this one up for this week, it's my second attempt at Naruto so I hope you'll like it. Well, maybe I'll try my hand at Bleach next.

Naruto Chapter 354 pages 16 & 17
Pretty cool :D But ya should make something with the lighta :) Ya know it's a bit funny, that, the clouds are black, and it's raining, still everything else looks like clean and sunny :)
Anyways :D I like it :)

Baka Taichou

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi

Pretty cool :D But ya should make something with the lighta :) Ya know it's a bit funny, that, the clouds are black, and it's raining, still everything else looks like clean and sunny :)
Anyways :D I like it :)
I agree with you ^_^
It's good but the color tones don't match with the sky tones ...if the clouds are so dark then the color tones should be paler and a bit darker , not so much contrast between the colors I think :XD

harrmd

Artist
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada

miranu, sakura-aniki, thanks for the input. I think I may try tweeking the level and brightness and reupload it into the Naruto Art section.

But right now I'm working on a Bleach coloring that's working with light and shadows and when it's done it would be great to get your two cents since I'm still just trying out working with night scenes.

Last edited:

TechnoMagus

Reaction score
Country
Antarctica

re: harrmd's entry
yeah, a bit too bright, imho....it's like there's some filming going on and several spotlights are focused on them.... :p

anyways, still a good entry... :kkthumbs

Yondy

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Spain

Is it just me or the quality of artwork is going up every month?! I remember that before i could choose my favourite fanart of the month quite easily. But noooooow there's like 4 fanarts that i adore!

I don't know who to vote for!

Awesome entries everyone :D

captrosko

Reaction score
Country
United States

Is it just me or the quality of artwork is going up every month?! I remember that before i could choose my favourite fanart of the month quite easily. But noooooow there's like 4 fanarts that i adore!

I don't know who to vote for!

Awesome entries everyone :D
Yes, I wondered before if MH will have an amateur and advanced category for fan art as well. There were some that were drawn wonderfully. Would seem appropriate sometimes, since coloring gets the same kind of treatment. However, though everyone does not draw at the same level, drawings can take many different forms as well. Fan art can be enjoyed on many levels too... The Julianita's and v2-6's images are a good example, I think.

Great job everyone. XD The private poll adds to the suspense of who'll win. EXCITING