Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2015] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

susanoo13

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 29, 2010
Messages
1,270
Reaction score
483
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Israel
And here I was gonna ask how fr is the plot on Saiki and if it's anime material, I guess we might find out next week. Kagamigami unfortunately isn't sold out yet, I hope it will sell at least 35K in it's first week. Also, it's cool to see Medusa getting a chapter here, maybe Kiss x Death or Ananomujina will get one as well.
 

Gah

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Mar 30, 2013
Messages
37
Reaction score
81
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Black Clover CP
 

RafaFedKilla

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2013
Messages
1,727
Reaction score
464
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Beautiful, just beautiful.
 

Bluenotebook

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Apr 14, 2015
Messages
63
Reaction score
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I didn't think it was possible to make the villain look even worse.
 

CEOAmaterasu

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 21, 2014
Messages
271
Reaction score
492
Country
Canada
Yeah! My favorite characters (and the two halves of my OTP) are first and second place! And Megumi is in the top 5, though I would have liked a more higher position for her (or more votes at least). But all in all it's alright.
I don't understand why Erina has a high amount of votes despite her rare appearance until now, we hardly know anything about her despite that she's hot; I'm honestly surprised Hisako and Megumi didn't rank any higher after giving them so much development
 

CallMeTsuyu

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 1, 2015
Messages
159
Reaction score
203
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Someone on twitter pointed out that Black Clover's 1st volume is sold out on amazon.jp
Looking at some of those reviews, based on what I can make heads or tails of through google translate, it appears some of Japan's reviewers have some of the same gripes I have with BC. Not surprising, to say the least.
 

justanotherone

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 11, 2014
Messages
315
Reaction score
101
Gender
Female
Country
Italy
I don't understand why Erina has a high amount of votes despite her rare appearance until now, we hardly know anything about her despite that she's hot; I'm honestly surprised Hisako and Megumi didn't rank any higher after giving them so much development
Yeah you're right about the character development, I agree that she needs it and I really want to see it.
Though I like Erina as much as Megumi, I don't really know why it is like that for me since I don't really like the "tsundere" type to begin with but Erina has so much potential in the story and I really want to know something about her past with Souma's dad or anything about her in general.
So I guess it's a mix of curiosity and... that mysterious aura that she still has.
 

Txapeldun

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2013
Messages
599
Reaction score
236
Country
Abu Dhabi

Chrollo, is it you?
Chrollo as in HxH's Chrollo?
No way. Sure Black Clover is been said of taking too much inspiration on other works, but that's just exagerating.
 

Mawara

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 22, 2015
Messages
210
Reaction score
234
Gender
Female
Country
Germany
I didn't think it was possible to make the villain look even worse.
Yeah. Pink hair, blue jewels & white clothes? Yikes. I've expected red jewels, white hair & purple clothes...
I really do like the motif of this cover, to be honest. It looks cool. But the color scheme of BC hurts my eyes...
 

susanoo13

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 29, 2010
Messages
1,270
Reaction score
483
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Israel
To me he reminded Garaa a lot more, the no eyebrows and stoic stare and now the hair color but all in all I do wonder where this character will be taken, if at all.
 

RafaFedKilla

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2013
Messages
1,727
Reaction score
464
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Chrollo as in HxH's Chrollo?
No way. Sure Black Clover is been said of taking too much inspiration on other works, but that's just exagerating.
After the first chapter, it's all confirmation bias for these guys at this point.
 

De La Croissant

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
804
Reaction score
668
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
To me he reminded Garaa a lot more, the no eyebrows and stoic stare and now the hair color but all in all I do wonder where this character will be taken, if at all.
[2] Fashion Gaara

But jokes aside, it seems that the manga is selling a lot. Perhaps repeats the OP/AssClass phenomenon.
 

susanoo13

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 29, 2010
Messages
1,270
Reaction score
483
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Israel
I didn't mean the comment as a joke and I don't think it's such a bad thing that I get reminded of another character in a manga. If it was, Kenshin wouldn't be successful in USA due to al the marvel inspiration.I hope to see the next 1M seller as it gains sells wether it's gonna be a manga I like or not and as of right now I enjoy Black clover for a decent entertainment, I wouldn't buy it's volumes yet but I would keep reading.
 

Stark700

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 6, 2013
Messages
1,010
Reaction score
814
Gender
Hidden
Country
Winterfell
Chrollo as in HxH's Chrollo?
No way. Sure Black Clover is been said of taking too much inspiration on other works, but that's just exagerating.
I'm pretty sure that's a joke.

There isn't even anything else to that and you're automatically assuming he's bashing the manga because you've seen people call it out for copying? Lol.
 

conankudo

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 5, 2013
Messages
456
Reaction score
389
Gender
Male
Country
Marine Headquarters
Could it be that the author 森井崇正 of the upcoming One Shot next week is the same of "Angry Monkey"(ブチキレザル) which was released in JUMP NEXT! SUMMER 2012?
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,079
Reaction score
6,937
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Looking at some of those reviews, based on what I can make heads or tails of through google translate, it appears some of Japan's reviewers have some of the same gripes I have with BC. Not surprising, to say the least.
Hoperfully those are just some jokers and not people truly serious.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top