Year Round The Football/Soccer Thread v4

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,133
Reaction score
14,110
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
Kinda related, Uruguayans o/

Also yeah gonna follow it but it's definetly not as much as a big deal as the Eurocup.
 

destiny4ever

MH's Most Friendly Member
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 30, 2008
Messages
5,568
Reaction score
6,349
Gender
Female
Country
United States
What team are you rooting for in this first match? Do you have any predictions?
 

FrostyMouse

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 18, 2011
Messages
7,395
Reaction score
1,302
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Kinda related, Uruguayans o/

Also yeah gonna follow it but it's definetly not as much as a big deal as the Eurocup.
Yeah, I laughed when I saw that. Neither Cavani nor Suarez have made themselves look good in terms of dealing with non-Caucasians.
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,133
Reaction score
14,110
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
Yeah, I laughed when I saw that. Neither Cavani nor Suarez have made themselves look good in terms of dealing with non-Caucasians.
Told you last year that people here are just incredibly dumb, not just racists lol.

What team are you rooting for in this first match? Do you have any predictions?
Chile will win comfortably, so I'm gonna root for the underdogs, Ecuador.

Fun fact, neither have won the Cup ever (and, with Venezuela, are the only teams in SA that were never champions, even if Chile is the 3rd team with the most participations -37-). Uruguay is the team that won it the most, with 15, followed by us at 14, then Brazil at 8.

I'd say the Cup will go for either Argentina or Brazil, Colombia and Chile are the 2 biggest candidates after them in the cup by quite a margin. I expect Paraguay to be the ¨surprise¨ of the tournament (irrelevant fact, but their current coach is the most succesful coach in River Plate's history).
 

FrostyMouse

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 18, 2011
Messages
7,395
Reaction score
1,302
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Told you last year that people here are just incredibly dumb, not just racists lol.
Yeah, I know. I was joking about Cavani. He just didn't know where Jamaica was.

People act like it never happens on the NFL field. If Europeans could see what goes on on an NFL field in terms of trash talk, they'd be horrified and scandalized.
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,133
Reaction score
14,110
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
Dunno Cavani did say something like ¨it's cause they are black¨ when he was asked what was similar about the similarities in their playstyle IIRC '-'

Ah yeah, people act as if trash talk didn't exist... guess it's not ok to be racist but perfectly normal to call every woman in your family a slut.
 

destiny4ever

MH's Most Friendly Member
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 30, 2008
Messages
5,568
Reaction score
6,349
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Chile will win comfortably, so I'm gonna root for the underdogs, Ecuador.
You were right. Chile won. I was also rooting for Ecuador but it lost in the end.
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,133
Reaction score
14,110
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
You were right. Chile won. I was also rooting for Ecuador but it lost in the end.
I'm usually right predicting this stuff :p

*salty cause I didn't win the WC event*
 

destiny4ever

MH's Most Friendly Member
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 30, 2008
Messages
5,568
Reaction score
6,349
Gender
Female
Country
United States
What is your prediction regarding the 3 finalist?

I’m not that good at predicting stuff like this but I think the 3 finalists will be Argentina, Colombia, Chile or Brasil.
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,133
Reaction score
14,110
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
What is your prediction regarding the 3 finalist?

I’m not that good at predicting stuff like this but I think the 3 finalists will be Argentina, Colombia, Chile or Brasil.


That's my prediction ^^
 

destiny4ever

MH's Most Friendly Member
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 30, 2008
Messages
5,568
Reaction score
6,349
Gender
Female
Country
United States
I can’t believe you even made a chart. :^_^ And great minds think alike!

We both predicted the same countries as the four finalists.:)
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,133
Reaction score
14,110
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
LOL it wasn't hard, I just googled a site for it ^^'

But yeah those 4 are very likely getting far. Btw, horrible match between Mexico and Bolivia yday.

Uruguay vs African team in 3 hs, then us against Paraguay in 5 hs 30 mins.
 

destiny4ever

MH's Most Friendly Member
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 30, 2008
Messages
5,568
Reaction score
6,349
Gender
Female
Country
United States
LOL it wasn't hard, I just googled a site for it ^^'
I was actually thought you had made it.


But yeah those 4 are very likely getting far. Btw, horrible match between Mexico and Bolivia yday.
Yep, those are the most likely indeed. If you had to choose a suprise, I mean a team that no one expected to go all the way to the finals, which team would you pick? And I didn’t watch that game, what was the score?

Uruguay vs African team in 3 hs, then us against Paraguay in 5 hs 30 mins.
Well…my prediction is Uruguay and Argentina as the winners.
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,133
Reaction score
14,110
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
0-0, it was horrible lol.

My ¨surprise¨ team would be Paraguay ^^ wbu?

Uruguay ties and Argentina wins o/
 

Zehahaha

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 7, 2009
Messages
8,501
Reaction score
5,714
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Argentina playing well so far, teams looks balanced, Tata is doing a good job
 

Philia

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2013
Messages
2,423
Reaction score
2,464
Gender
Male
Country
Joker
Cech to Arsenal is a done deal. Thanks Mou.
Firmino signs for Liverpool.
 
Last edited:

Philia

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2013
Messages
2,423
Reaction score
2,464
Gender
Male
Country
Joker
Well, he was brilliant last season for Hoffenheim.

Cech & Vidal to Arsenal :dancin
Need a scorer now & we can dethrone Chelsea.
 

Zehahaha

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 7, 2009
Messages
8,501
Reaction score
5,714
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Well, he was brilliant last season for Hoffenheim.

Cech & Vidal to Arsenal :dancin
Need a scorer now & we can dethrone Chelsea.
Arsenal will not buy a striker since the good ones are already sold so far and Wenger didn't make a single move, also don't trust the Vidal rumors, Pogba/Pirlo leaving, I doubt Juve will just let Vidal go this summer too
 
Top